Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2251 05/29/03 02:22 PM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OH OH OH!!!!! A new story by Nan!!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy
/me beats feet over to read it. Be back when I have!!! OH OH OH!!!!

cool
Artemis

Nan, this is so great!! Yes, they need to deal with Ellen. And very intriguing about Candy's stalker. Yep, I bet Candy's appearance set Ellen's radar off!!
A typo:
"Mother, it it's about Clark's supposed disappearing act --"
it=if

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#2252 05/29/03 03:43 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
laugh thumbsup clap

More, please!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#2253 05/29/03 05:32 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hooray! More Dagger!!!!!

great start!

#2254 05/29/03 08:10 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, the follow up of Daddy's... smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#2255 05/29/03 09:40 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Nan

What a great part thumbsup clap

Looking forward to it more

Meni jump

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#2256 05/29/03 10:58 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm ashamed to admit blush that I'm still woefully behind on catching up with the other Dagger stories (among other things grumble ).

Do I have to have read those to understand this one? Or are they separate stories in their own right and I'll be able to understand it just fine?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#2257 05/29/03 11:07 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Me too blush LabRat.

Jose (who has just downloaded the stories smile )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#2258 05/29/03 11:55 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Great start to what looks like an intriguing story.

I like your Ellen. She's consistent with the character established on the show, yet she's most definitely a sympathetic character.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#2259 05/30/03 01:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ohhh, looking good Nan, can't wait to see where this ride takes us...(ps>Have I mentioned in the last month how much I love your dagger series?) thumbsup

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#2260 05/30/03 02:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, new Nan story! smile

You're off to a great start. We've got Ellen's rampant paranoia that has to be dealt with... although just telling her may not fix everything; I imagine she might be quite offended at having been kept out of the loop for so long. Still, it's a start. And yes, Candy's going to have some trouble -- personally, my money's on the janitor.

Labby, I don't think you need to have read all of them -- I'm pretty sure I've missed one or two, myself... there are some recent stories that might help, tho:
Heritage
Unforeseen Consequences
Daddy's Little Girl

Those are the three just before this one, and will explain some of the subplots & universe.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#2261 05/30/03 03:41 AM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, LabRat, I think you can just jump in. I would recommend "Daddy's Little Girl" as it is directly relevant to this follow-up. And they are relatively short stories.
I just can't wait until these are completed to read them, although it is torture waiting between parts.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#2262 05/30/03 04:15 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, Pam, my money is on the janitor too, and I don't think it's just Candy who's going to have some trouble...if anything happens to Candy, there are going to be witnesses (like the apartment manager) who will place Clark at the scene. And so even if Lois knows that Clark didn't do anything, she would have that to deal with, plus Ellen.

Yup, this could get really messy. I'm getting quite nervous already. I hope Nan can keep to her posting schedule...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2263 05/30/03 07:39 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Nan, I loved this beginning. As others have said, you do a wonderful job portraying Ellen in a very believable way. She makes no apologies for her suspicions about Clark's disappearances (and it will be fun to see if she reacts with pique at not being let in on the secret earlier, embarrassment that she couldn't have been more wrong about why Clark disappears, excitement to realize that her son-in-law is Superman [I doubt this one wink ] or just in her own Ellen-like way!), and yet her apology to Lois about upsetting the children was very in character and realistic.

I loved the way Clark looked her in the eye and was so direct during their coffee date (I couldn't resist calling it a date laugh ). And the introduction of Candy was very interesting.

I think we're all supposed to bet on the janitor, but Nan is good at planting red herrings, so I'm going to wait to see what happens next. smile

Vicki (who thinks it's funny that the Daily Planet seems to have a knack for hiring exotically dressed society columnists wink )

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
#2264 05/30/03 07:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Until the Janitor guy showed up, my money was on the manager.

I think, I'll stick with him anyway. Nan wouldn't be that obvious...

James, still a member of the Grand Nan Fan Club... notworthy notworthy notworthy

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#2265 05/30/03 12:08 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
oh boy -more Dagger
one thing
more
soon please
merry

#2266 05/30/03 12:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

She looked doubtful and then shrugged. "I guess so. I'm going to reserve my judgement, Clark. I know Lois loves you; I hope her faith is justified."
wink Is time Ellen knew about the secret. Sam already found out.

He rounded the corner to the elevator just as the doors opened, and a man in a janitor's coverall emerged, towing a vacuum cleaner. He held the door politely for Clark.

"Thanks." Clark stepped into the car and punched the button for the first floor.

The man nodded absently and headed down the hallway, pushing the vacuum.
confused That man is very suspicious. Clark should go back.

laugh Is so nice you are back with this series.

More soon, please.

MAF wink

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2267 05/30/03 06:04 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yay, another story by Nan! thumbsup

I can't wait to see where this is headed.
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

#2268 05/30/03 06:08 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Hooray, another story in the Dagger series smile . I love your Ellen - I really think they should let her in on Clark's secret.

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#2269 05/30/03 10:51 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

Great to see another story from you and it looks like it will be another excellent one. wink

Should be interesting watching Ellen investigationg Clark's disappearances. And the stalking is definitely a more scary subject.

Look forward to the next installment.

Yours Jenni

#2270 05/31/03 01:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the information, everyone. smile

Well, I'm intrigued, Nan. I can't help feeling very sorry for Ellen, I always did find her a character worthy of a little sympathy, and your portrayal of her invokes even more from me.

Your sense of character all round is superb in fact - I was drawn into the story right from the first few paragraphs and you never eased up on your grip of my attention, right till I got to tbc... <g>

You have me fascinated with Candy's predicament and I'm eager to see where we go from here.

Think I might just take a look at those previous stories over the weekend too. wink

More please?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard