Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Artemis FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/29/03 06:22 PM
OH OH OH!!!!! A new story by Nan!!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy
/me beats feet over to read it. Be back when I have!!! OH OH OH!!!!

cool
Artemis

Nan, this is so great!! Yes, they need to deal with Ellen. And very intriguing about Candy's stalker. Yep, I bet Candy's appearance set Ellen's radar off!!
A typo:
"Mother, it it's about Clark's supposed disappearing act --"
it=if
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/29/03 07:43 PM
laugh thumbsup clap

More, please!
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/29/03 09:32 PM
Hooray! More Dagger!!!!!

great start!
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 12:10 AM
Oh, the follow up of Daddy's... smile1
Posted By: Meni Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 01:40 AM
Hey Nan

What a great part thumbsup clap

Looking forward to it more

Meni jump
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 02:58 AM
I'm ashamed to admit blush that I'm still woefully behind on catching up with the other Dagger stories (among other things grumble ).

Do I have to have read those to understand this one? Or are they separate stories in their own right and I'll be able to understand it just fine?

LabRat smile
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 03:07 AM
Me too blush LabRat.

Jose (who has just downloaded the stories smile )
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 03:55 AM
Great start to what looks like an intriguing story.

I like your Ellen. She's consistent with the character established on the show, yet she's most definitely a sympathetic character.

Looking forward to more,
Irene
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 05:38 AM
Ohhh, looking good Nan, can't wait to see where this ride takes us...(ps>Have I mentioned in the last month how much I love your dagger series?) thumbsup
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 06:21 AM
Yay, new Nan story! smile

You're off to a great start. We've got Ellen's rampant paranoia that has to be dealt with... although just telling her may not fix everything; I imagine she might be quite offended at having been kept out of the loop for so long. Still, it's a start. And yes, Candy's going to have some trouble -- personally, my money's on the janitor.

Labby, I don't think you need to have read all of them -- I'm pretty sure I've missed one or two, myself... there are some recent stories that might help, tho:
Heritage
Unforeseen Consequences
Daddy's Little Girl

Those are the three just before this one, and will explain some of the subplots & universe.

PJ
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 07:41 AM
Yes, LabRat, I think you can just jump in. I would recommend "Daddy's Little Girl" as it is directly relevant to this follow-up. And they are relatively short stories.
I just can't wait until these are completed to read them, although it is torture waiting between parts.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: KathyM Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 08:15 AM
Yes, Pam, my money is on the janitor too, and I don't think it's just Candy who's going to have some trouble...if anything happens to Candy, there are going to be witnesses (like the apartment manager) who will place Clark at the scene. And so even if Lois knows that Clark didn't do anything, she would have that to deal with, plus Ellen.

Yup, this could get really messy. I'm getting quite nervous already. I hope Nan can keep to her posting schedule...

KathyM
Posted By: Vicki K Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 11:39 AM
Nan, I loved this beginning. As others have said, you do a wonderful job portraying Ellen in a very believable way. She makes no apologies for her suspicions about Clark's disappearances (and it will be fun to see if she reacts with pique at not being let in on the secret earlier, embarrassment that she couldn't have been more wrong about why Clark disappears, excitement to realize that her son-in-law is Superman [I doubt this one wink ] or just in her own Ellen-like way!), and yet her apology to Lois about upsetting the children was very in character and realistic.

I loved the way Clark looked her in the eye and was so direct during their coffee date (I couldn't resist calling it a date laugh ). And the introduction of Candy was very interesting.

I think we're all supposed to bet on the janitor, but Nan is good at planting red herrings, so I'm going to wait to see what happens next. smile

Vicki (who thinks it's funny that the Daily Planet seems to have a knack for hiring exotically dressed society columnists wink )
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 11:44 AM
Until the Janitor guy showed up, my money was on the manager.

I think, I'll stick with him anyway. Nan wouldn't be that obvious...

James, still a member of the Grand Nan Fan Club... notworthy notworthy notworthy
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 04:08 PM
Nan,
oh boy -more Dagger
one thing
more
soon please
merry
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 04:40 PM
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

She looked doubtful and then shrugged. "I guess so. I'm going to reserve my judgement, Clark. I know Lois loves you; I hope her faith is justified."
wink Is time Ellen knew about the secret. Sam already found out.

He rounded the corner to the elevator just as the doors opened, and a man in a janitor's coverall emerged, towing a vacuum cleaner. He held the door politely for Clark.

"Thanks." Clark stepped into the car and punched the button for the first floor.

The man nodded absently and headed down the hallway, pushing the vacuum.
confused That man is very suspicious. Clark should go back.

laugh Is so nice you are back with this series.

More soon, please.

MAF wink
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 10:04 PM
Yay, another story by Nan! thumbsup

I can't wait to see where this is headed.
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/30/03 10:08 PM
Hooray, another story in the Dagger series smile . I love your Ellen - I really think they should let her in on Clark's secret.

- Alicia smile1
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/31/03 02:51 AM
Hi Nan,

Great to see another story from you and it looks like it will be another excellent one. wink

Should be interesting watching Ellen investigationg Clark's disappearances. And the stalking is definitely a more scary subject.

Look forward to the next installment.

Yours Jenni
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/31/03 05:55 AM
Thanks for the information, everyone. smile

Well, I'm intrigued, Nan. I can't help feeling very sorry for Ellen, I always did find her a character worthy of a little sympathy, and your portrayal of her invokes even more from me.

Your sense of character all round is superb in fact - I was drawn into the story right from the first few paragraphs and you never eased up on your grip of my attention, right till I got to tbc... <g>

You have me fascinated with Candy's predicament and I'm eager to see where we go from here.

Think I might just take a look at those previous stories over the weekend too. wink

More please?

LabRat smile
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Suspicions Pt. 1 - 05/31/03 07:24 AM
Thanks, everyone! One of the reasons I use this board to post stories is that, although I may have the basic plot worked out, the comments usually give me ideas to make the story more interesting, as they have this time.

For those who haven't read the Dagger series before, I'm providing a list, in sequence, just for convenience's sake.

Dagger of the Mind
Dagger's Edge
Assassin's Dagger
Doppelganger
Blind Man's Bluff
Countdown
Priorities
Vanishing Act
Charade
Heritage
Unforeseen Consequences
Christmas in Metropolis