Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, I've just read both parts of your story, Roger, and all I can say is that you are one big softie! smile Also, this is proof positive, as if there were ever any doubt, that guys can write romance.

The first part is good -- waffy, happy, sentimental -- but it was the second part that left me staring at my computer with a big, soppy smile on my face. goofy

First -- and foremost -- I love what you did with Clark's apartment and the whole holiday thing. That was delightfully original. Then, that last line was so, so perfect.

So, to you for writing this and for Kaethel for inspiring it, thank you both very, very much!

Chris (who still doesn't understand what Arbor Day is)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, Happy Arbor Day! This is wonderful, Roger. Lois took care of business with Dan -- for a moment, you had me worried that Clark might have been playing stalker-boy again and would have seen that last kiss and gone into jealous fits... thank goodness you didn't <g> And I love the idea of him giving her the truth as a present, especially as represented by the globe.

You and Kae have to chat more often! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice Roger! A nice, warm and fuzzy fic on a snowy day!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, Roger! That was so sweet! goofy

But in the meantime, I intend to discuss my WIP-related frustrations with you a lot more often if it makes you write things like this lovely fanfic. smile

Thank you so much for sharing it!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautiful story! party

But what's "Arbor Day"? The day when one plants trees, says my dictionary, but why is it a holiday?

Happy birthday, Kaethel!

Gabriele
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
What a delightful story. I thought that the gift of the globe was a perfect one for Clark to give Lois. It also gave him the opportunity for him to tell her more about himself.

Good idea to celebrate trees. We need them.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story. thumbsup

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
notworthy Wonderful story, Roger!

I loved this from start to finish, but most of all, I loved the revelation. It wasn't a confession, it was a gift. A gift of love to Lois. Now, *that* is romantic! <sigh>

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Just finished reading both parts, Roger. What a nice story! smile

Also, this is proof positive, as if there were ever any doubt, that guys can write romance.
My thoughts exactly, Chris smile

Back to the story:

He grinned at her. "I asked you, 'Don’t you just love Christmas, Lois?' You answered, 'It's okay. It's a very nice holiday like Fourth of July or Arbor Day.' I then asked you, 'Are you comparing Christmas to Arbor Day?' And you told me, 'No, I'm not comparing them. They're both holidays and they're both... fine.'"

Both of her eyebrows went up. "I don't understand."

"What's today, Lois?"

"April 28, 1995. What's so special about today?"

Clark's grin grew even wider. "Today's Arbor Day."
LOL! laugh

Very well done!! thumbsup
Keep writing.
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: I also would like to know what the 'Arbor Day' is.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Wow," exclaimed Clark.
"Yeah. Wow," said Lois.
"Wow", uttered AnKS. goofy

Sweet story. Another instance of modulus revelation thumbsup laugh dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Roger this was very sweet. Your girl/wife whoever she is must be a very lucky girl<g> laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Roger! What happened?

That wasn't evil. It was, was... sweet; and, and... waffy.

I don't get it.

Tank (who figures that Roger just mentioned Lois' long hair to appease Kae, since it was her birthday fic, and not because he thinks that she looks best that way)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

A wonderful story! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, Roger, that was very waffy and sweet. smile The idea to use Arbor Day with Christmas decorations was original. I like it! Even though I'm not completely sure yet I know what Arbor Day is.

I just have one tiny worry. Great, all those waffs, but what happened to you? Do be aware of your reputation. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww! Lovely Part 2, Roger - not at all what I expected, but WAFFy and romantic all the same. Nice work! We'll have to revoke that evil label of yours now! goofy

Okay, for all of us who simply haven't a clue... what the heck is Arbor Day?? huh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi all! I'm stopping in briefly because there seems to be a burning question on what Arbor Day is. It is a holiday to celebrate the planting of trees. It's not a major holiday, as seen by Lois' ignorance as to when the holiday actually takes place, which is generally the last Friday of April. Kids don't get the day off and neither do banks (who seem to get everything off). I would put it on par with Groundhog Day in its importance, but more people seem to know when that is than when Arbor Day takes place. smile

There's actually a National Arbor Day Foundation that tells the history of the holiday and the various ways people celebrate it. And apparently, this holiday is not just confined to the United States.

The link to the National Arbor Day Foundation is at:

The National Arbor Day Foundation

And here's their link for the holiday's history:

This History of Arbor Day

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Roger,

As I told you before when I beta read this, I think you have a really cute idea. This story was so sweet and so WAFFy -- you are definitely going to have to lose that Evil label.

This was a beautiful revelation. And what a creative use of the globe! thumbsup

- Laura

PS: For anyone who doesn't know about Arbor Day, I found this site. Actually, I knew it was a day where people plant trees, but I never knew anything more about it. So please don't get the idea that all Americans go out and celebrate this holiday. I don't even know when Arbor day is! I have always thought that the analogy Lois made to Arbor Day was that it was a holiday she didn't really care about, and Christmas was the same way. huh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, that went surprisingly smooth wink

Very sweet and waffy!! blush

Julia smile

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Awww...too cute 4 words

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard