Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Sparkyfire Looking for a fic - 05/06/19 02:30 PM
Hello I had read this fic some time ago and I thought it was in one of the Kerth nomanees but can't find it now.

I know its an Alt world fic and the only scene I remember is where Alt Clark was made to have a desk away from the others.

Can't remember anything else. Thanks.
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Looking for a fic - 05/06/19 05:43 PM
hmmm. i remember that in one part of Nan Smiths Altworld-series ALTClark carried a desk from one end of the newsroom to the other to that Lois can sit near to him. Could it be this one?
Posted By: cuidadora Re: Looking for a fic - 05/06/19 08:44 PM
If you're thinking of an alternate version of canon, not Alternate Clark's universe from the series, you might be thinking of A Week in Paris by NostalgiaKick. It won more than one award at the 2016 Kerths. In that story, Clark doesn't have a desk in Paris. Lois, who's temporarily assigned from Metropolis, uses a cramped one in a corner.

Another possibility is Terry Leatherwood's The Masonry of Life. Clark moves his desk near the stairwell to distance himself from Lois.
Posted By: Sparkyfire Re: Looking for a fic - 05/06/19 10:39 PM
Forgot a detail. What I was remembering was that he was ostrasiced when he had come out as Superman and no one wanted to be near him in the Daily Planet.
Posted By: MLT Re: Looking for a fic - 08/31/19 01:20 AM
This is probably too late, but could it be The Late Great Lois Lane by CC Aitkin http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2004/html/lategrea.html
Posted By: Sparkyfire Re: Looking for a fic - 09/07/19 11:18 PM
Yes I think this was the story. I didn't realize it was really buried in the story really well.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards