Movie Night – Katherine Kent
Winter Wonderland – Kathy B

Best Comedy:

A Brief History of the Bureaus – Annie B
Burning Down the House – Virginia R
Framed – Mouserocks
Memo from the Daily Planet Janitorial Staff – Shayne Terry
The Shortest Distance – Lynn S. M.
X Marks the Spot – Queen of Capes ( Mary Potts)

Best New Author:

Debbie G (Classical Gal)
Lady Loisette
Mrs Msxyplik
Nell Lime

Best Overall Story:

Fictitious Persons – Debbie G
In Time, Somewhere – Shayne T
Now or Never – Sue S
The Wedding – Female Hawk
Vagrant – Shayne Terry
Winter Wonderland – Kathy B

Thank you to everyone who nominated. smile And congratulations to all the nominees! clap

Tricia cool
Posted By: groobie Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 07:19 AM
Congratulations! clap It's going to be really difficult to choose between all of these great stories. thumbsup
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 02:50 PM
Congrats to all the nominees! Some stiff competition here! smile

Thanks to everyone who voted Clark's Heart and Strike onto the short list!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 03:25 PM
Wow! Three of my stories nominated? thud Thank you for thinking of me. Maybe I should write short stories more often. wink

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Some stiff competition here! smile
I'd rather have stiff competition than no competition, DC. That's what I love about LnC FanFiction, the great writing, new plot twists, and waffy moments that keep me coming back as a reader. Congrats to you and all the other nominees.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 04:06 PM
I'd rather have stiff competition than no competition, DC. That's what I love about LnC FanFiction, the great writing, new plot twists, and waffy moments that keep me coming back as a reader.

I wholeheartedly agree. And when I see the company my story is keeping on this list, I am truly honoured. My thanks to all who nominated it. smile

And thank you Tricia and the Kerth Committee for compiling the votes ad for enabling the Kerths to exist.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 04:37 PM
Great stories all. There may have been fewer this last year, but
I think the overall quality is improving.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Wow! Three of my stories nominated? thud Thank you for thinking of me. Maybe I should write short stories more often. wink

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Some stiff competition here! smile
I'd rather have stiff competition than no competition, DC. That's what I love about LnC FanFiction, the great writing, new plot twists, and waffy moments that keep me coming back as a reader. Congrats to you and all the other nominees.

Thank you! I agree - stiff competition is awesome. Just makes it reaaaaally hard to vote for just one in each category! laugh
Posted By: KenJ Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 07:09 PM
I just want to add my congratulations to all of the nominees.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 08:42 PM
Woohoo! And congrats to all the other nominees. laugh
Posted By: LMA Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 09:09 PM
Congrats everyone notworthy notworthy notworthy

Amazed here (constantly) by all of your talent. Thank you all for the stories this past year sloppy...

And thank you (writers, readers, FDKers, Kerth Comittee, everyone who maintains these webites, everyone who manages and helps out at the Archive, absolutely everyone) for keeping the show around, keeping the fandom alive, and ensuring that L&C is a 'constant' another year in my (and our) lives. Appreciate it more than I can say clap clap clap. You all are wonderful!

Laura
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/13/15 09:49 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm shocked. For quite a few reasons.

1. Wasn't expecting these to be posted for ages yet
2. I'm on the list!
3. I'm on again.
4. And again ... a total of seven times.

What are you people doing nominating me that many times ... it's just ridiculous. I'm seriously NOT that good.

Now - to channel my inner Lois ...

Why the heck have I not been nominated in EVERY category? *hands on hips in a huff* Come on people!!!!

In all seriousness - I'm also disappointed (as well as surprised). Do you want to know what disappoints me? Well, even with seven nominations ... I look at the competition ... ARGH! Nope. No wins for me ...

Oh my goodness is that an awesome lineup of fics! Congratulations to every single person on there ... (and don't forget about the Kerths: Unofficial, Alternative and Wacky aswell - they are still running)
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/14/15 10:11 PM
Dropping in briefly to say a huge 'Congratulations' to all the nominees and thank your for remembering me smile

I'm actually writing a LnC story - 5 chapters done - but it frequently gets lost in a life swallowed up in moving to the country :), helping my daughter set up a sharehouse and find tenants, repainting rooms in my daughter's sharehouse, being a mum to a 15 year old and a pseudo-mum to our boarder, preparing for the new footy season, and continuing to write content for our family Maths app.

If only there were 48 hours in a day ... Nah, scrap that - I probably still wouldn't get much writing done.

I hope you all enjoy Kerth season - it's a great time of the year in this fandom.

Corrina.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/15/15 01:54 AM
Congratulations to the nominees, also to all FoLC's who make this fandom possible! You guys rock! dance

Like KatherineKent I am really surprised to have been nominated this year, because the competition was serious! Thanks again! notworthy Let the reading begin! thumbsup
Posted By: Tailee Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/15/15 03:05 AM
Wow....that's some really great stories. Congrats to all the nominees. Guess its time to read them (again). smile
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/15/15 03:36 AM
Wow! shock

My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the generous souls who put my story in the running. I'm very touched to be listed alongside so many other talented authors. Thank you!

Good luck to all of us! Many thanks to all the readers and the wonderful FoLCs who keep this fandom, and the Kerths, going year after year! sloppy
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/15/15 05:06 PM
notworthy I'm up there! Thank you guys! Super Short is such a tough category help

/wonders who he will loose to, the fun or the sweet.../

Congratulations to all the nominees!

wave Michael
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/16/15 01:47 AM
Hi Sue:
My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the generous souls who put my story in the running. I'm very touched to be listed alongside so many other talented authors. Thank you!
It was really a strong hint we want Part 2 of "Now or Never." That story just needs to be continued.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/16/15 06:11 AM
Wow. Kerths time already, huh? I'm upset for missing the noms, but I'm flattered to be nominated. I didn't think I would be, haven't posted a lot this year. Thanks!

Now, everyone remind me when the ceremonies are....
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/16/15 03:45 PM
Hi Mouse:
Here you are:
2015 Schedule
2015 Schedule

Saturday, February 21st–Nominations open

Sunday, March 8th–Nominations close (at midnight EST) (allows 2 weeks for nominations to be submitted)

March 9th through March 27th–Kerth committee sorts out nominations

Monday, March 27th–Final list of nominees to be posted

Saturday, March 28th–Voting opens

Sunday, April 5th–Voting closes (at midnight EST)*

Ceremony on Saturday, April 18th, at a time to be determined.

You have time for reading since the stories are already posted and Voting starts on Saturday, March 28th.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/16/15 04:53 PM
Thanks for the recap of the Kerth schedule, Artemis. thumbsup
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/17/15 03:47 PM
You're welcome. I needed the reminder myself. We got the eligible list earlier again this year. More time to think. I just wish we could vote them all.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: DebbieG Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 12:44 AM
Late to the party — I’ve been really busy IRL with work deadlines. Congratulations to all the nominees! My daughter remarked to me recently how unusual it is for a fandom to have such a vibrant fanfic community over fifteen years after the original series went off the air. I think it’s a testament to L&C and to all of you that there continue to be so many high quality stories after so long.

I feel very honored, as a newcomer, to be included as a nominee this year. Thank you!
Posted By: amciotola Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 01:29 AM
Sorry I am very late in getting the site updated but you can find the one stop re-reading page here: http://www.kerthawards.com/ka/2015-kerth-awards/nominees/
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 12:55 PM
Hi Annette,

Thanks for posting the nominations in one place for handy reference.

May I suggest a correction? The first story in the Comedy category should not be my "A Brief Story." Rather, it should be Annie B.'s "A Brief History of the Bureaus."

Thanks,
Lynn
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 02:07 PM
Also, The Wedding (Female Hawk) and The Wedding Pact (KatherineKent) seem to have got mixed up on the Long Story category. Hopefully the list here is correct, rather than the Kerth Awards site smile

Can we just double check that these titles have not got mixed up in any other categories too?

Thanks
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 03:44 PM
What I printed out from TriciaW has it correctly. (first item in this thread). The Kerth Site has The Wedding by Female Hawk in both the Mid-Length and Long Story categories, which clearly can't be true. The Wedding Pact goes in the Long Story category.
The big question is which one is in the "Best Overall Story" category. Is that one right?
cool
Artemis
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/22/15 06:57 PM
Thanks for noticing that The Wedding was in both categories and was only supposed to be in mid-length. I was worried for a moment that the two stories had been mixed up altogether and The Wedding Pact didn't really have a nomination!!

The Wedding does have two other nominations in the original list at the top of this thread. The Kerth site reports these identically. But, I was just wondering if there was any need to check whether the original nominations got the titles mixed up on these, or not?
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/25/15 07:32 AM
Hi everyone smile

The list at the top of this thread is correct. I will let Annette know about the Kerth website.

Tricia cool
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/25/15 09:08 AM
Awesome, thanks for the double check. I would never have questioned it, until two stories turned out to have been mixed up with a similar name.

Thanks
Posted By: bakasi Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/25/15 03:41 PM
Congratulations to all writers who got nominated. I feel honored to be among them.
Posted By: ShayneT Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/28/15 05:09 PM
Wow. Thanks for the nominations! I would have replied earlier but I haven't been able to log on for a few days.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: Nominees 2015 - 03/30/15 04:41 AM
Wow, so I'm very late getting on here, but thank you to everyone for the nomination! I'm always honored to realize I haven't been forgotten even though I've been so shamefully absent! smile Wonderful stories, and I've been reading through as many as I can so I can vote!

Thanks again, and thank you for everyone putting on these awards and helping make this continue to be the best fandom!
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: Nominees 2015 - 04/02/15 04:50 PM
Thanks for the nominations! I haven't been around much lately, but I'm trying to catch up on my L&C reading. (I got sidetracked by Harry Potter stories. There are just so many of them! But every time someone takes off Harry's glasses, my first instinct is to yell, "No! Don't let them find out your secret identity!" before I come to my senses and remind myself that he's not Clark.)
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2015 - 04/03/15 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Thanks for the nominations! I haven't been around much lately, but I'm trying to catch up on my L&C reading. (I got sidetracked by Harry Potter stories. There are just so many of them! But every time someone takes off Harry's glasses, my first instinct is to yell, "No! Don't let them find out your secret identity!" before I come to my senses and remind myself that he's not Clark.)
rotflol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards