Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So last year I posted this thread where we came up with completly odd and wacky ideas for Kerths during the waiting period.

The categories that we came up with were...

Sexiest Portrayal of Clark
Cutest Clark/Lois
Best Beta Readers
Most 'Inviting of Danger' Lois
Scariest Villain
Sweetest Clark
Most wacky alt universe
Most disturbing alt universe
Most (purposefully) unexpected 'out of character'
Best 'guest star'
Best Title
Best Feedback giver

If you wish to nominate then please do so below. If you wish to modify the title of a category or add any other categories that is perfectly fine.

There will be NO voting, no ceremony, nothing. This is just for fun and everyone nominated is a winner. Yay!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love this idea.

I've a question and two nominations.

First, the question: How does Best 'Guest Star' differ from the Kerth's category of Best Original/Supporting Character? Is it just that the official Kerth category could include the regular or semi-regular cast members who have more minor roles?

Now, the nominations: I'm torn between two people to nominate for Best Feedback Giver; the feedback from both nominees always brings a smile to my lips: Darth Michael's feedback because it is so funny, and Laura (LMA's) feedback because it is always so encouraging. May I nominate both? With an honourable mention to Deadly Chakram for giving such detailed feedback?

My nomination for the Best Title award is "Memo From The Daily Planet Janitorial Staff." Its off-beat nature intrigued me, and the story itself lived up to the promise of the name.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Thanks, KK, for starting this thread.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn,

I would suggest that my story - "Thanksgiving in Smallville" would be an example of a guest star and not an original character.

Here's the set-up:

Kam-El and Ultra Woman 2 are assisting Superman and Ultra Woman with an earthquake clean up. Superman and Kam-El rescue two women from a collapsed roof.

The two women turned out to be Teri Hatcher and her daughter Emerson. Hardly original characters, but guest stars in this story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love this idea.
Good. I'm glad someone likes the idea!

First, the question: How does Best 'Guest Star' differ from the Kerth's category of Best Original/Supporting Character? Is it just that the official Kerth category could include the regular or semi-regular cast members who have more minor roles?
Originally Posted by KenJ
Lynn,

I would suggest that my story - "Thanksgiving in Smallville" would be an example of a guest star and not an original character.
Absolutely. This is what I meant by 'Guest Star'. Last year there was Dean Cain, and Castle and Beckett.

I nominate this story then ... smile

Thanks for your nominations Lynn.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Antikryptonite's portrayal of Lex in "Man or Monster" was pretty darn freaky, so I nominate him as scariest villain. Most disturbing alt-dimension would have to be Mouserock's "Tales of Dystopia: Civil Disobedience". Oh, wait. Her father figure in that tale Jerome Kent Senior was also pretty darn scarey, so I nominate him too.

I second Darth Michael and Laura (LMA)'s nominations for best FDK. I would also give a nod to all of those kind souls who de-lurked to give feedback this year. clap

The most (purposely) out of character action has to go to Bruce Wayne and Superman bowling in DC's "Strike" series. I could never picture them doing that until she wrote it.

IolantheAlias has stuck with me as a Beta Reader for *years* (sometimes on the same story). Her beta notes always inspires me to keep writing. I also appreciate it when a beta is willing to let me know when something doesn't work or is out of character. IolantheAlias, notworthy .

Hmmmm. Most inviting of danger Lois? Lois in "Homecoming" by Shayne Terry was pretty daring. Lois in "A Pirate's Affair" by KK took some risks, too.

Clark from "Winter Wonderland" was pretty darn cute.

I nominate the major guest-star of "A Few Simple Sugars" by Shayne. If you don't know who I mean, take 5 minutes to read the story and find out. No spoilers here. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for the clarification and confirmation, Ken and KK.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
One more nomination: "A few Simple Sugars" is about as wacky an alt-universe as one can get.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
My nominations/awards:

Most prolific writer: KenJ. Honestly, it's amazing how much you're able to write. Wow! hail

Best alternate beginnings: Shayne Terry. Whether it's the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island or the boys' locker room in Metropolis High, Shayne finds beautiful new ways for our favorite couple to find each other. grovel Still begging for more from the Vagrant/Homecoming universe

Most immediate feedback: Virginia R. You're probably on the boards as often as I am. grin It feels so good to get feedback when I post a story, to know that people are out there and appreciating the work. Thank you! clap

Best boost to my ego: Laura. Whether it's in public on the boards or in private as my beta reader, I can not possibly be more inspired to write more than when I get her feedback. I mean, come on, she wrote this for one of my stories:
Susan--wow! I really (and I mean this in the nicest way possible) have no idea what to say! I am speechless--still enthralled in a wonderful world of Sexy, Waffy bliss... I have gushed, and gushed, (and gushed) throughout the story, and honestly, I could not love it more. I love all of your work--totally Susan/Groobie's #1 fan :)--and this one? This one--this story--may indeed be my favorite!
Seriously??!! How can anyone's ego not balloon to outrageous proportions when they read something like that?! thud And I'm delighted to have found my cosmic twin. twins

Best mentor: Sue. Seeing her process behind the scenes as her beta reader pushes me to improve my own work. Her beta comments on my work prompt me to go further than my first drafts. Coming back to the boards after so long and diving right back into the process of writing with her has been inspirational. dance

Best fandom on the internet: Ours! grin Thanks to everyone for still being here after all these years, providing new stories and supportive feedback, keeping the spirit of Lois and Clark alive. party

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Most immediate feedback: Virginia R. You're probably on the boards as often as I am. grin It feels so good to get feedback when I post a story, to know that people are out there and appreciating the work. Thank you! clap
lol Thank you. That's because these boards *are* my social life. My muse has ADD and for some reason keeps nagging me to check to see if anyone's posted anything whenever she gets the slightest bit distracted from what she's supposed to be working on, which would be finishing Wrong Clark.

Best mentor: Sue.
Sue's also a great inspiration. Whenever I write something sexy and romantic between my Lois and Clark, it's usually after reading whatever new posting Sue's put up over yonder. Although, with her intermittent postings lately, I've been lucky to have received an inspiration transplant from grobbie lately. wink

Best fandom on the internet: Ours! grin Thanks to everyone for still being here after all these years, providing new stories and supportive feedback, keeping the spirit of Lois and Clark alive.
I agree, but since I don't read anywhere else, I might be slightly, if just a tad bit, biased.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww--Susan! Thanks so much blush...And as I've mentioned to you, I could not have a better/easier job as your beta--I get early views of your swoon-worthy work (woo-hoo dance) , hardly ever even find so much as a typo ( notworthy ), and have met my cosmic twin in the process (CRAZY how much we have in common twins). Thanks for having me along for the ride while you crank out all your great stories, and for your friendship.

And seriously, thank you so much Lynn and Virginia for your kind and thoughtful words sloppy.

This show, this fandom, the boards--it's all so special to me. Honestly, I grasped onto the show as a young kid, didn't (ever) want to let it go...and over these last 20 years (can NOT believe it's been that long shock ), I never wanted to part with it. Never wanted it to not matter. These last few years on the boards, getting to know you guys--it's an amazing place. And really, I am so thankful for all of you for keeping the show around. If any of my FDK has helped the process, then I feel completely blessed. Because I am awed by the talent here daily. Thank you all--for everything!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/09/15 03:22 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this idea!

Gonna vote tonight after work!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, Groobie, for the nod.

I have to blame VirginiaR. I'm trying to keep up with her. Her mega epic - "Wrong Clark" is approaching 200 chapters.

My current series, which started by answering her challenge, is approaching 120, but in smaller, 8-12 chapter bites.

Last edited by KenJ; 03/09/15 02:09 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Current nominations go as follows...

Best Title
Memo From The Daily Planet Janitorial Staff

Best Feedback Giver
Darth Michael
LMA

Most Immediate Feedback
VirginiaR

Best ego-booster
Laura

Best Beta Reader
IolantheAlias

Best Mentor
Sue

Most Prolific Writer
KenJ

Best Guest Star
Thanksgiving in Smallville - Teri Hatcher
A Few Simple Sugars - (not saying who this is grin)

Scariest Villain
Man or Monster - Lex
Tales of Dystopia: Civil Disobedience - Jerome Kent Senior

The most (purposely) out of character
Strike - Bruce Wayne and Superman

Most 'inviting of danger'
Homecoming - Lois
A Pirate Affair - Lois

Cutest character
Winter Wonderland - Clark

Most disturbing Alt-dimension
Tales of Dystopia: Civil Disobedience

Wackiest Alt-universe
A Few Simple Sugars

Best Alternate Beginnings
Vagrant/Homecoming
In Time, Somewhere

Best Fandom
US!!!!!

Keep 'em coming. Add more to a category, start a new category ... whatever you want.

I'm adding...

Xerxes the Great and Why The Daily Planet’s Circulation Is Down for Best Title.
Not a Day at the Beach - The Doctor and Amy for Best Guest Stars

May come up with more again later ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So this is my answer to some of the questions! This is hilarious!

Best Title
Hair-Razing Experience

Best Feedback Giver
MikeM
KenJ

Most Immediate Feedback
MikeM
KenJ

Best ego-booster
Janet Owens

Best Beta Reader
Ultra Woman She has beta read every single last one of my stories!!!!

Best Mentor
Janet Owens

Most Prolific Writer
KenJ

Best Guest Star
Dr. Klein in anything!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/11/15 07:00 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thought I'd throw a few out here...

Best Title--"Burning Down the House" by Virginia (How can you not help but be dying to read this story after that title shock?)

Most Able to Inspire Writing Productivity--Susan and Sue. Such great, awesome, inspirational talent. I am ever so slowly working on a story...reading their work definitely gets me wanting to work on mine blush. Thank you wink

Most Prolific Writer--Ken J. Amazed by how much you write. Inspiring (coming from someone who has been working on a fic for almost a year peep--and still not done).

Scariest Villian--totally agree with 'Lex' in "Man or Monster?" by AntiKryptonite. CREEPY!!! thumbsup.

Best Alt. Beginning--(one of my favorite types of stories hyper ). "In Time, Somewhere" by Shayne Terry. Oh-my-goodness! Finished this last night--amazing notworthy

Most Toe-Curling WAFF--"Winter Wonderland" by KathyB, "The Wedding" by Female Hawk, Katherine Kent stories (too many great ones to mention wink ), "In Time, Somewhere" by Shayne Terry.

Best Fandom--Totally, completely, has-to-be, awesomely, OURS party.

Laura smile

Last edited by LMA; 03/13/15 05:01 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard