The European Adventures of Lois Lane – Mozartmaid
The Way it Should Have Been – Stopquitdont

Best Alternate/Elseworlds/Next Generation

A Lois and Clark Fairytale: Lois and the Beast – Adam Labotka
Contractually Bound – Deadly Chakram
Specimen S – Deadly Chakram
The Pub - Bob Bartholomew
The Way it Should Have Been – Stopquitdont
Wrong Trilogy Book 1: Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois – Virginia R

Best Original/Supporting Character

Accused – Mrs McCreadie & Lana Lang – Female Hawk
Café Americana – Grace & Mike – Morgana
Diagnosis – Todd – LynnSM
Luthor’s Revenge Take 2 – Lex – Tank Wilson
Reporter – Hattie Kaplin – KenJ
The Choices of Others – Tara – chickberry

Best New Author

Akayhe83
chickberry
KenJ
Lauren K
Pat – Angelsmaw
Ron Rogers

Best Overall

Accused – Female Hawk
Contractually Bound – Deadly Chakram
Identity – Bob Bartholomew
Specimen S – Deadly Chakram
The Whole Truth/And Nothing but the Truth – Sue S

Congratulations and good luck to all the nominees! dance

Voting will run from Saturday, March 30 to Sunday, April 7-- (at 11.59pm EST).

Tricia cool
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 04:22 AM
To paraphrase LabRat, thank you, Tricia and the rest of the K-Comm, for all your hard work in getting the nominations tallied.

And thanks to all who nominated Todd for best original/supporting character. I am smile1 smile1 smile1 at his nomination. I am especially thrilled about this one because Todd means so much to me. After all, he is strongly inspired by my son.

Congratulations to all the nominees. clap

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 06:28 AM
Oh, my goodness! smile1

Congratulations and good luck to everyone! I look forward to hanging out with all of you at the ceremony! jump
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 01:49 PM
Oh wow! Oh wow!

I'm shocked and humbled by the votes for my stories. Thanks, everyone. smile It's also very humbling to see my name alongside such other amazing writers and stories!

Thanks to Tricia and the Kerth Committee as well, for organizing this all. We definitely couldn't do it without you guys!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 02:16 PM
[Linked Image] Wow! You like me? Okay, my writing... You really like my writing? [Linked Image] Or something more dignified. [Linked Image]

Thank you everyone who reads my stories, especially all of you who nominated me, [Linked Image] Tricia, the K-Comm, and of course, the best Betas in the world, DW, Mrs. Luthor, and IolantheAlias. [Linked Image] The best part of this process is getting nominated, so thank you, thank you all. [Linked Image] I'm just thrilled to see my name in lights with others whose writing makes me laugh, cry, dream, and inspires me. <<expect to see *your* name on my ballot coming soon>> I'm so glad to have found this little spot of heaven. [Linked Image]

Of course, voting begins the first day of Spring Break (aka, my vacation) and ends the day I'm supposed to return, help because these stories are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Oh, well, since this will only happen this once, WTH... who wants to be dignified? [Linked Image]

EDIT: Also, I must give another shout out THANKS to Lynn S.M. for loaning me her muse. YOU CAN TAKE HER BACK NOW, she's eating all my chocolate! Thanks also to all the writers from the LnC show whose words, plotlines, and characters I borrowed (cough - massacred) for my stories.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 02:46 PM
Yaaaaaay! I'm nominated!! hyper
party
Thanks so much, guys! And congrats to everyone else, as well. smile (Plus, a special high-five to Bob! laugh )
Posted By: MissyG Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 03:30 PM
Congrats to all the Nominees!!!

I have a lot of reading to do, but looking forward to it!!

WOOOOO!!!!!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 04:10 PM
Also, I must give another shout out THANKS to Lynn S.M. for loaning me her muse. YOU CAN TAKE HER BACK NOW, she's eating all my chocolate!
lol You're welcome, Virginia. If Thaleia returns home (and if I get a few minutes free), perhaps I'll actually write up some of the story ideas I've been kicking around.

Congratulations again to all nominees.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: jackiek Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 07:43 PM
Congrats to all the nominees!! Thanks Tricia and the rest of K-Comm!
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 07:59 PM
Kudos, everyone! Let the reading commence! smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 08:36 PM
Now comes the toughest part - the voting!

/whining/ Do I have to pick just one? But I like them all!
Posted By: bobbart Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 08:53 PM
dance dance
Actually my reaction is much more along the lines of VirginiaR.

Congratulations to all the nominated authors. And my special thanks to those that nominated my stories this year. (And, of course, my high-five right back to Queen of the Capes notworthy )

Bob
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 08:58 PM
Congratulations to everyone with nominated stories.

Thanks to those who nominated Accused.

Corrina.
Posted By: ShayneT Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/20/13 10:33 PM
Color me stunned. I didn't even remember having written the Tide and it was a late entry. I didn't think I had a chance of being nominated. Wow and thanks!
Posted By: KenJ Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/22/13 10:57 AM
I want to thank those that voted for my Hattie Kaplin character. evil

She will be making a return appearance some time this year. party
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/22/13 06:40 PM
eek Wow! I can't believe it! What a happy way to end finals week! laugh Thanks so much to everyone who nominated my stories and congratulations to all of the other nominees!

Can't wait for the Kerths! party Now that I'm on break I can finally catch up my reading. And of course, do some drawings for Ken. wink Lots of fun ahead!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/23/13 04:59 AM
So surprised and delighted and surprised and honored -- and did I mention surprised? -- to see my stories on here! Thanks to everyone who read and nominated them despite my MIA status lately!
Posted By: bakasi Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/23/13 11:59 AM
Wow, I'm nominated. I really wouldn't have expected that. Thank you so much!!!
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/23/13 12:18 PM
Thanks K-Comm for all you do. 'Grats to all. And I'm surprised - thanks for the noms.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/24/13 06:34 PM
I got nominated? This is so coool! thumbsup
Posted By: KenJ Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/25/13 10:12 AM
For those who may not be familiar with my Harrie character - she first appeared in After Summer Camp . Jon Kent, eldest son of Lois and Clark, met her on his first day of Middle School and they had an adventure together.

She next had a cameo appearance in Halloween in Smallville

Finally, she got her own story - Hattie Kaplin - Reporter which takes place after Lois and Clark are promoted to coEditor-in-Chief of the Planet and Hattie is on the city desk.

All three are short stories.
Posted By: LaurenW Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/25/13 07:00 PM
The archive's Kerth 2013 page is up and running with links to the nominated stories.

We've also bundled the nominees into an ebook reading pack, in epub and Kindle-friendly mobi flavors, so you can catch up on the stories using your e-reader. (We weren't able to include all the stories in the ebook, however, because not all the nominated stories are hosted yet on the archive. For those we included links to their threads here on the message boards.)

Congratulations to all the nominees, and thank you for another year of great reading!

Lauren W.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/25/13 10:07 PM
Wow, thanks, Lauren, for all of your hard work. Time to power up my Nook (although, I believe there are few stories I have missed this year). clap
Posted By: Morgana Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/26/13 02:53 AM
Lauren

Your diligent efforts are definitely appreciated! There are several stories I did get to read, although some need to be read again - just for the fun of it!

Thanks for all the help! wave
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/26/13 04:32 AM
Thank you for assembling all the nominees into one easy-to-put-on-an-e-reader (or e-reader app) package. That increases the likelihood that I'll be able to read more stories which, in turn, increases the likelihood that I'll vote in more categories. And I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Karen Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/26/13 05:28 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool. Thanks, Lauren!
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/26/13 09:25 AM
Yes, thanks Lauren! That will definitely help!
r/
Artemis
Posted By: chickberry Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/29/13 05:39 PM
Thank you all who nominated Tara. I can't believe I post one story and it gets a nomination. blush

Congrats to everyone else that was nominated.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/30/13 12:44 AM
huh What votes?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/30/13 04:00 AM
It's simply thanking you in anticipation. In the same way a sign will say "Thank you for not smoking." or "Thank you for not parking here." before you do either.

LabRat :-)
Posted By: Morgana Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/30/13 04:19 AM
Sigh... whinging Once again it will be impossible for me to attend the Kerths. Why can't the ceremonies take place in May!
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/30/13 09:56 PM
Oh, my! I'm just tickled pink. A big thank you to everyone who puts the hours in to keep this healthy little corner of the Internet humming along.

Looking forward to some good reading.

clap Happy
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/31/13 02:36 AM
Okay, I'm terribly confused. I have my list of stories I want to vote for all ready. I thought voting started today, but the Kerth site still looks the same as it did last night. Could someone please post a direct link to where we're supposed to vote, because I'm clearly not doing something right.

Also, the 2013 Kerth page still lists all the 2012 nominees under "Nominees", which could be confusing for anyone who doesn't actively visit these boards. (I don't know, but I figure there must be people who do most of their LnC reading at the Archives and not here.)

I appreciate your help.

Also, thanks again to Lauren for her great links to the stories page, re-reading those great waffy stories and I'm back to being beating myself up on who to vote for! They're all so good.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/31/13 09:44 AM
Virginia, as I understand it, the website hasn't been updated from its 2012 state yet because Annette (who has the responsibility and tech skills for that part of the Kerths) has been ill and in hospital (thankfully on the mend, last I heard).

Not sure how that will affect voting - whether it will have to be delayed or if K-Comm can work around the problem - but I'm sure that Tricia will post with an update soon.

LabRat :-)
Posted By: Morgana Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/31/13 11:32 AM
So sorry to hear about Annette being in hospital. I am sure all FoLCs wish her a speedy recovery. smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/31/13 01:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Annette hasn't been doing well. I'm glad she's on the mend. We all wish you a speedy recovery, Annette!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Nominees 2013 - 03/31/13 02:52 PM
Oh dear! Please send my best to Annette and no worries about the Kerth timeline. We'll wait as long as it takes. Unless there hangs a new baby in the balance for the original Kerth date?

wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/01/13 01:20 PM
Yikes! Feel better, Annette!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/01/13 02:31 PM
Please add my well-wishes to the chorus. Annette, may you have a super-speedy recovery.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/01/13 02:57 PM
Me /counts through the posts/ six! Send Anette my regards and I can wait as along as necessary for the Kerths, just hope all is well soon. smile
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/02/13 01:16 PM
OMG Lauren! I didn't really comprehend the enormity of what you did with the epubs until just now. I just downloaded the entire list to my reader in under a second. So many thanks go out to you!!!!
Regards
Artemis
Posted By: LaurenW Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/03/13 09:37 AM
Thanks, Artemis. blush

I hope you guys are liking the ebook OK. I've noticed the "automatic" table of contents in my Kindle is kind of unwieldy -- the hard-coded story links at the beginning of the book are easier to use.

I hope Annette is well!
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/03/13 03:44 PM
Yes, I noticed that too. I have a Sony Reader PRS-T2 which has a really cool search feature. So if I put in the authors name or part of the title, it will zing me back to the front page story list and highlight the story and I click and the link works. What I can't seem to do is simply click on the list on the front page on the reader.
I can also read the stories on the computer by clicking the Reader symbol and there the front page links work.
Hubby was really impressed by your work.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Thanatos Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/04/13 08:32 PM
I know I haven't been around really since I finished posting my story, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who nominated it. It feels good, and hopefully this will help motivate me on some more writing.

Life has been pretty busy for me lately though. I switched positions at work, spent this summer looking to find something new to do and there was a few hiccups but in September I switched (stills ame company just different work) and then Quel and I had a second child, born at the end of September. Things have been pretty crazy. I'm starting to ramble so I'll just try to end here.

Hope to see everyone at the Kerth ceremony.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/05/13 09:35 AM
Congratulations on your second baby, Adam & Raquel!
Yes, two little ones don't leave much time for writing. (Pssst - it gets worse as they get older)
Did you indicate before that it is another girl?
I'm glad you wrote one for these year. Keep on checking in here.
regards
Artemis
Posted By: Thanatos Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/05/13 07:51 PM
Artemis, thanks. No we had a boy this time, so now we have one of each heh.
Posted By: Deja Vu Re: Nominees 2013 - 04/07/13 06:59 PM
Wow! That was unexpected. Thanks for the nomination for "Some Things are Meant to Be," and congrats to all the other nominees! Also thanks to the Kerth Committee and all involved. smile

I know I've been MIA--who knew a baby (all right, she's a toddler now *sniff*) could take up so much of your time? I miss having the time to immerse myself in this wonderful L&C world with all the other FoLCs!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards