Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amciotola [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/14/07 07:40 PM
Upon my request our web host upgraded the PHP scripting software for some eCommerce sites I maintain. Due to this upgrade we are unable to run the boards in PHP mode. I'm trying to contact the UBB people to see why this happened because it really doesn't make sense to me.

Meanwhile I needed to take the boards out of PHP mode which means that any links using .php in them (like those in the TOC threads) will not work. (For those who've seen the Fatal Error earlier this evening ... this is what was causing that.)

Upgrading the boards is not really an option because I don't like how the new UBB version works or how it looks.

Hopefully someone at UBB will have an easy fix for this and we'll get the non working link working again.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.
Posted By: woody Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/14/07 11:14 PM
Phew. At least now I can rest easy knowing there are no real "fatalities". (Fatal Error: Somebody just died cause you clicked in the wrong place. Feeling Happy now?)

Seriously, thanks for all your hard work at making this website available and so easy to use, providing those afflicted with FoLCitis some relief.
Posted By: beethoven Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/15/07 07:14 AM
YES I agree...
I also wish to thank everyone who spend so much of their time in the running and upkeep of these fanfic sites...

It takes a lot of work and dedication in writing the fics, but how much more dedication would it take for you to spend time just in the upkeep, is really impressive
Posted By: LabRat Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/15/07 07:17 AM
Especially when you're dealing with a bout of flu at the same time. Annette - you're a true heroine! clap clap clap

Here's hoping there's a simple solution, so that you can concentrate on getting better. rotflol

LabRat smile
Posted By: alcyone Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/15/07 03:36 PM
Thanks for all your work!

alcyone
Posted By: amciotola Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/16/07 04:38 AM
Thanks for hanging in there gang. The issue has finally been resolved.
Posted By: LabRat Re: [FIXED] More issues (sigh) - 03/16/07 04:49 AM
Yay! Annette, you are a marvel! Thank you!

LabRat smile (mighty relieved all the TOC urls didn't have to be changed. goofy )
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards