Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Kaethel Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 10:41 AM
Well, this is it! Nominations were received and tallied, the shortlist was compiled, and so today (a little earlier than scheduled, but we thought you guys wouldn’t mind that wink ), the committee is proud to present the list of nominees for the 2006 Kerth Awards! party

Best Super Short Story

Because He Can Yodel - Chris Carr
Choices - David
Echo - David
Giving Up And Giving In - Nicole Sullivan
No Excuse / No Excuse At All - Anna Botsakou

Best Short Story

All The King’s Horses - David
All’s Fair in Love and Arm Wrestling - Erin Klingler
Cheese of the Month - Susan Young
My Interview With Superman / My Date With Lyn / My Television Debut - Pam Jernigan
Time Enough For Tears - Julie Stars

Best Waffy Story

All’s Fair in Love and Arm Wrestling - Erin Klingler
Catalyst - Sam Jackson
Just a Little Experiment - Wendy Richards
Lonely This Christmas? - Wendy Richards
Sunrise, Sunset - Hazel
When You Say You Love Me - Wendy Richards

Best Comedy

Bidding For Attention - Wendy Richards
Kitchen Crusade - Nan Smith
Super Smashed - Sam Jackson
Superman Day - Pam Jernigan

Best Special Occasion Story

The Ghost of Christmas Past - Wendy Richards and David
Lonely This Christmas? - Wendy Richards
Lucy Lane Is Coming to Town - Nicole Sullivan
Some Kind of Angel - Chris Carr
Trick or Treat: A Halloween Dilemma - Capes

Best Mid-Length Story

An Affair to Remember - David
Cherub - Snave
For Old Times’ Sake - Sara
The Ghost of Christmas Past - Wendy Richards and David
A Twist Of Fates - Wendy Richards
You Don’t Know Me - Wendy Richards

Best Revelation Story

Cheese of the Month - Susan Young
Good Samaritan - Aria
In a Better Place - CC Aiken
Revelations in Captivity - tvnerdgirl
Time Enough For Tears - Julie Stars
When You Say You Love Me - Wendy Richards

Best Episode Adaptation

An Affair to Remember - David
Curiosity Killed the Reporter - ML Thompson
For Old Times’ Sake - Sara
Smart Teens - Susan Young
To Wake From Dreams - Nicole Sullivan

Best Tearjerker

24 Hours - Wendy Richards
Hide and Seek - Wanda Detroit
Long Strange Trip - L
Made to Be Broken - Sara
To Wake From Dreams - Nicole Sullivan

Best Drama

Clark Kent, This Is Your Life - Yvonne Connell
Curiosity Killed the Reporter / Curiosity... The Continuing Saga - ML Thompson
Made to Be Broken - Sara
Northern Lights - Gerry Anklewicz
Single White Kryptonian - Shayne Terry

Best Relationship Story

The Long Road Home - Erin Klingler
Masquerade - Nan Smith
My Best Friend’s Wedding - Nicole Sullivan
You Don’t Know Me - Wendy Richards

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds Story

Hearts United - Pam Jernigan
The Long Road Home - Erin Klingler
Long Strange Trip - L

Best Original / Supporting Character

Good Samaritan - Aria
Hearts United - Pam Jernigan
Lucy Lane Is Coming to Town - Nicole Sullivan
Northern Lights - Gerry Anklewicz
Smart Teens - Susan Young

Best New Author

David
L
Snave
Tic and Toc
tvnerdgirl
Susan Young

Best Overall Story

Good Samaritan - Aria
Long Strange Trip - L

Many, many thanks, many thanks to all the people who sent us their nominations, and congratulations to all those who made it to the shortlist. This year seems to be a very fierce competition between brilliant stories, so don’t forget to take part in the voting process, which will start on March 18. party Get reading!

The Kerth Committee smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 11:57 AM
Wow - that was some fast tallying! Well done, K-Comm!

And what a wonderful list of stories! /me starts patting down her pockets for her pin.

Congratulations to all the nominees! Now, I have a lot of reading to do... help

LabRat smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 12:10 PM
Oh dear, where's the pin? Too many great stories to choose from! Congrats everyone!!

party

Jen
Posted By: LabRat Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 12:23 PM
Oh dear, where's the pin?
/me leaves a box of brand new shiny ones at the top of the thread. I had to buy a new batch recently - the old ones got wore out - so I have some spare. wink

Have at 'em!

LabRat smile
smile1 What an excellent list of stories!

Congratulations to all the nominees. party

Tricia cool
Posted By: Saskia Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 01:39 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees! There are so many good stories on the list this year (again) that it's going to be very hard to vote! So I'm off to read and I'm probably going to need one of those pins.

Saskia smile
Yes, we're thrilled it's such a strong field this year. Congratulations to all the nominees. smile

Yvonne
Wow, look at that... I got a nomination!! Thank you so much, FoLCs!!

Congratulations to all the nominees, and thanks to the K-Comm for their hard work! party party party party party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: Simona Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 02:50 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees!!! thumbsup

simona smile
How 'bout that! I got a nomination! *Does a happy dance*

Congrats to everyone who was nominated and the K-Comm for working so hard!
Posted By: Karen Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 05:39 PM
Wow, that WAS fast! Good work, K-Comm!

And congratulations to all of the nominees. It's definitely going to be hard to figure out who to vote for!
OMG. hyper
It's taken me this long just to pick myself up off the floor! smile1
Thank you so much to everyone in this community! People on the message boards provided such positive feedback to me when I posted my first story and again supported me when I wrote my second. I can not express how much it means to me that you have honored my work with these nominations. I am stunned to be included next to authors that I have admired for years. Congratulations to all the nominees, and to all the writers who provided us with such fantastic work this year! Again, I can not thank you all enough. smile Susan
Posted By: Dave Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/09/06 10:07 PM
Erm... I... uh... thud

I really wasn't expecting any nominations, but thank you to everyone who nominated me!

And thanks to the Kerth team for doing such a great job, and congratulations to everyone who's been nominated! There's some incredibly good stories up there, and it's a real honour to be named amongst them. 'Wow' just wont cover it, but it's all I've got. smile
Posted By: Sorcha Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/10/06 02:21 AM
Yeah. Y'know what? I think Dave got my reaction. To a T. jump
Posted By: Nan Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/10/06 07:36 AM
Wow, a nomination for comedy! That's not usually my forte, but somehow the idea just grabbed me and wouldn't go away until I wrote it <g>.

It's always terrific to know that people like your work enough to nominate it for the Kerths. Thanks to everyone who did.

Nan
Posted By: Aria Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/10/06 09:57 AM
*jaw drops*

Wow, thank you everyone smile I really appreciate all the nominations, and I'm thrilled!

Congratulations to all the other nominees as well!

party
Congratulations party and thank you! blush

Chris (trying to be succinct)
Congratulations to all nominees!

help

Ursie
Congratulations for all the nominees and thank you K-Comm for all your hard work!

Jackie
thumbsup

NICOLE smile

:::doing a happy dance::::

party
Posted By: gerry Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/10/06 03:24 PM
Nominations are out already!!

Thank you to those who nominated my story (In too categories WOW!).

And thank you to the K-Comm for their diligent and speedy work. You guys are super.

gerry
Where can the nominee list be found and how do we vote? When's the deadline?

Scratch this post. All I needed to do was scroll up.
Actually, Judy's post made me think of something. If you'd like your Kerth reading made easier, the official Kerth site has a fantastic One-Stop Reading Spot with all the nominees conveniently linked for us.

Another Yay! for K-Com! clap

Wendy smile
Posted By: TOC Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/11/06 10:32 AM
Wow, what a splendid bunch of stories. Congratulations to all the nominees, and three cheers for the committee for doing such a great job!

Ann
Posted By: lynnm Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/11/06 12:07 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees. Well done!!
clap

And good luck to all of you.

Lynn
That was some quick tallying. And I'm jazzed to see several of my favourite stories getting multiple nominations. Looking forward to voting. Thanks so much for your hard work!
Awesome how fast K-Com got it all done--excellent job! I was surprised and delighted to see the e-mail from the LCFic group in my inbox Friday. Deciding who I'll vote for has been difficult, however. Everyone has written *such* excellent stories this year. Congratulations to all the nominees! laugh
Posted By: Hazel Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/13/06 12:39 PM
help

And while I'm at it... Thanks to the Merriweathers for inspiring me to even try writing a WAFFy story. I never knew I could do it at all, and I'm delighted to know that there are FoLCs out there who think I can do it right. smile

Hazel, wandering off in a daze to start Kerth reading
Congratulations to the nominees! smile1

What an awesome bunch of stories!!! Voting will, indeed, be very difficult this year!

And, a deep, truly-heartfelt, THANK YOU to those who nominated "Hide and Seek!" - it is an honor to be up there with so many wonderful stories. blush
Posted By: Capes Re: Kerth Awards 2006 - Nominees Announced!!! - 03/13/06 07:02 PM
Totally shocked about the nomination. While I won't say it was my only dream in life, I've always really, secretly hoped to someday be nominated for a Kerth. It's about as close to the Pulitzer as I'm likely to get!

But I'd also like to record my deepest thanks to every person who was involved in making the online links available for both the nomination phase of the Kerths as well as this next voting round. When I remember the days of wading through spreadsheets with hundreds of stories, trying to make some sense out of the sheer volume and randomness of it all, I'm just so relieved not to have to do that anymore. The whole process was much more user friendly this time around. That meant more fun and no headache. So thanks Annette, Kae, and whomever else was involved in that!
Congratulations to all nominees!! Cheers to KCom for their hard work and swift efficiency!!

And Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for including In a Better Place. I'm so grateful! And honored!

(And I will get it to the archive. Really. No more foot-dragging...)

CC
But I'd also like to record my deepest thanks to every person who was involved in making the online links available for both the nomination phase of the Kerths as well as this next voting round.
The credit goes entirely to our trusty webmasters, Annette and Elena, aka Boss and Peanut. Many cheers for them! party

Kaethel smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards