Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Queen of the Capes No Alibi Challenge - 04/11/21 05:00 AM
Technically, Clark does have an alibi: he was off being Superman when the crime took place, and people can certainly vouch for Superman's whereabouts. But does he divulge his biggest secret, or become a fugitive, or try to survive prison?
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/11/21 03:30 PM
Hey Queenie,
You may wanna read "Accused" by Female Hawk and "the Fugitive" by Mobile Richard. Both stories are good and Fitting to the challenge quite well.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/13/21 03:52 PM
I second "Accused." It's really well done and the first thing I thought of when I saw the challenge.
Posted By: Bitten Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/13/21 05:03 PM
Agree with y'all on "Accused." Shayne Terry's "Single White Kryptonian" would be another answer to this challenge more along the lines of "The Fugitive."
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/13/21 05:41 PM
I'll just throw in for the benefit of anyone relatively new here: If you want outstanding fanfic, you can never go wrong with Female Hawk. Her writing is far superior to most of the professionally-published fiction I have read in my life.
Posted By: bakasi Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/14/21 02:14 PM
I think it would be a nice twist if Mayson Drake was the person who Clark had been with as Superman. As a DA's assistant she'd be involved in the investigation. Naturally, she can't believe that he could be guilty.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/15/21 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Technically, Clark does have an alibi: he was off being Superman when the crime took place, and people can certainly vouch for Superman's whereabouts. But does he divulge his biggest secret, or become a fugitive, or try to survive prison?

I recognize this has probably been done as many have mentioned Female Hawk's fic Accused; however, that doesn't mean it can't be done again or differently which I believe is what Queenie was prompting us for.

I have a few ideas roaming around. I'll let it simmer and see what happens. Thanks as always for the great challenges Queenie!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/15/21 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes

I recognize this has probably been done as many have mentioned Female Hawk's fic Accused; however, that doesn't mean it can't be done again or differently which I believe is what Queenie was prompting us for.

I have a few ideas roaming around. I'll let it simmer and see what happens. Thanks as always for the great challenges Queenie!

No doubt about the challenge! I just don't think I could personally do better than Female Hawk did. Still, the idea has been submitted to the muse to sit and stew on. smile
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: No Alibi Challenge - 04/18/21 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the recs, and I look forward to seeing what new stuff yall come up with. After all: there's no old stories, just new angles! wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards