Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KathyB FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/02/03 06:56 AM
Sara, this was wonderful! I love how it starts all romantic and yearning ... and then turns into an adorable BR appreciation challenge response story. Very nicely done! The name of the "reporter" in question was cute (are you saying Sara is a pen name? goofy ) as was Lois and Clark's lighthearted discussion. And what wonderful things you say about BRs. smile

Great story; thanks for posting it for us all to enjoy. smile

Kathy
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/02/03 07:09 AM
What Kathy said! Wonderful, Sara - a waffy, sweet vignette and a...erm had an acronym for Beta Reader Appreciation Story there, but think I'll forego using it. goofy But one of them too! And the two blending together beautifully. Superb!

"Well... she just, loves putting her, commas in, all the wrong, places. Her speling is awfull. She uses brilliantly conflicting adjectives. Her punctuations mark's are all over the place. Her grammar isn't proper. She breaks her paragraphs off at the wrong points. She uses annoying, atrocious, appalling, abominable alliteration. And her similes! - used in all the wrong situations, and as mixed up and nonsensical as a bull in a china shop. *Plus* she keeps repeating repeating herself!"
rotflol

LabRat (who is again guiltily reminded that the next part of Unfinished Business is languishing in her mailbox...)
Posted By: Jana Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/02/03 01:18 PM
hee! Sara, this is great! Kathy and Labby pointed out my favorite parts, so I'll just say ditto to what they said! thumbsup Cute story!

Jana
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/05/03 08:48 PM
Nicely done Sara
waffy and sweet
merry
Posted By: Xanabee Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/07/03 02:38 AM
She waggled her finger. "Ah, but if these editors are as self-giving and virtuous as you say they are, then surely they wouldn't lord over the hapless newbie?"
Thank heavens newbies in our Fandom don't have to worry about anyone lording it over them. smile

Sara, this was a sweet and cute story. You perfectly managed to point out - or rather, Lois did - what our eagle-eyed Beta's get on their plate. laugh
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/10/03 12:19 AM
Sara

A wonderful vignette! So WAFFy! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Sorcha Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/18/03 12:07 PM
Hey Kathy, Rat, Jana, Merry, Xanabee and Tricia! wave

Okay, I'm really, really late posting this response... rotflol Trust me, Kathy -- I am NOT called Sandra-Anne Rollins-Atkinson, or whatever her name was... my mother didn't dislike me that much <g>

Wonderful, Sara - a waffy, sweet vignette and a...erm had an acronym for Beta Reader Appreciation Story there, but think I'll forego using it.

rotflol

Okay, I'd love to stay here for a longer while and respond to everybody individually... but unfortunately, the clock is against me frown Just rest assured that I loved all of your comments... thank you very, very much indeed!!

Sara smile
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: FDK: A Fascinating Discussion - 12/20/03 03:10 PM
Hey Sara,

I really enjoyed this. When you think about all that a BR has to go through, it really makes you wonder why on Earth they do it! It just goes top show what wonderful people they are, as this illustrated so well. smile

Loriel
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards