Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/25/13 04:50 AM
According to this site , the new Man of Steel movie doesn't have a "Jimmy Olsen" as a character, but it does have a "Jenny Olsen".

Thoughts on Jimmy's possible change of gender?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/25/13 05:16 AM
They read our genderbender challenge and decided on a partial genderbender for Olsen... goofy
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/25/13 10:34 AM
I don't know. Jimmy's supposed to be Clark Kent's pal, wouldn't that cause some conflict if they make the a character a beautiful woman? (Conflict with Lois as the romantic lead, that is.) While we all know that woman and men can be "just friends", Hollywood has difficulty with this concept and starts out many of romance with friendships. Now, if "Jenny Olsen" turns out to be Lois's pal, not Clark's, then that makes more sense.
Posted By: Tank Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/26/13 09:18 AM
It's possible that because of the lack of 'success' with the past Superman movies that those behind this latest attempt felt they needed to tinker with the franchise.

I can see the very real possibility of, what could be a very good 'coming of age' movie, could be tainted for Superman fans by such moves.

What could be considered inconsequencial to the average movie goer could very well irk those of us who have followed the franchise in it's various forms for years.

I don't care how good an actress Amy Adams may be, the fact that they can't even stick a dark wig on her head leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

A red-headed Lois Lane... really?

Tank (who says that the producers will win anyway because even though he will be annoyed by some of the 'changes' he will go see it none the less)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/26/13 11:08 AM
Obviously, they're ripping off my story Tryst... although in mine, her name was Ginny. And romantically, she would have been more interested in Lois, I suspect...

Oh well, whatchagonnado...

PJ
who will probably not see the movie
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/26/13 11:09 AM
I'm with Tank. I'm not happy about some of the changes, and I think that people who have loved the Superman myth for years will be iffy about the changes as well. The fact is though, I'll still see it as well, and probably lots of people will. It just means there will be a lot of discussion, I guess!

I might wait for it to go on pay per vu though. I watched the first five minutes of Superman Returns and had to turn it off. dizzy
Posted By: Christina Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/26/13 11:23 AM
At first I was a little "I don't know" on Amy in the red hair (only because one of my favorite fanfic fancasts her at their alternative-Lana.) With that said, the red-haired Lois doesn't bother me. She was red-haired from the beginning of the Byrne during and even through their wedding.

The Jimmy into Jenny has both positive and negatives to it. Positive in the idea that Lois is mentoring another female in a career path that has seen fewer women enter it over the years. On the negative, someone did point out how it would be a potential romantic rival (couldn't they just do that with Cat? It's been done before in the comics and suggested done in our favorite show.) Quite honestly I'm taking this rumor with a salt lick.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/26/13 01:55 PM
Jimmy Olsen is not going to be in the movie?

Isn't that kind of like Alfred not working for Bruce Wayne?

Just sayin...
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 01/27/13 11:21 AM
Actually, making the spunky cub reporter a girl doesn't really cause many problems, so long as she isn't the romantic interest.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: Jenny (sic) Olsen - 02/02/13 08:52 PM
I actually do not see anything wrong with Jenny Olsen, but it would definately change the dynamics between Olsen and Superman.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards