Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: andieanderson1979 MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/09/05 07:41 PM
Alright...against my better judgement I am showing you FoLCs this vid.

This music video is dedicated to my three good pals: Rachel, Jen and Steph. You guys are so supportive and I thank you for that. Since none of you three have seen it before I post let me just say...Don't Kill Me!

I have better vids in the making! I was just wired on Ice Tea at the time of making this one.

The song is called I Won't Say I'm In Love by Susan Egan...yes it is off of the Disney movie: Hercules. blush blush

My work is tending kids all day. So in the afternoon we watch movies. Anyways to make a long story short, I heard the song, thought of Lois, yada yada yada a vid was made!

Its FLUFF pure and simple!! You have been warned! Comments good or bad are welcome, any comment is welcome...

I Won\'t Say I\'m In Love

Later Days!
Andie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/10/05 12:05 AM
OMG!!! Did you know this was my FAVORITEST Disney song EVER!!! I soooo much thought the whole movie meshed with LNC (Meg called Herc "farmboy" remember?!?!?) drool

That was about the WAffiest of the Waffies, WELL DONE!!! BRAVO!! thumbsup clap

TEEEEEJ
Posted By: Laurach Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/10/05 11:56 AM
Not sure why, I can't save target or get the link to work for me. Oh well. Catch you next time. Laura
Posted By: Tahu Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/10/05 12:50 PM
This is a great vid. Great work. I love your videos
Posted By: mmprincess Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/10/05 09:30 PM
Good work!! Love the song too!!
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/11/05 12:08 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! thumbsup

Rach laugh
Posted By: damara531 Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/11/05 12:27 AM
LoL Andie! Love the tagline at the end...don't you worry your pretty little head, your sanity is safe with me...at least temporariliy that is laugh

And here comes my big "AWWWWWWW that was so darn cute!" Loved the clips too...they definitely match the sentiment. Funny thing about that song is that its one of my very favorite Disney songs, and I NEVER caught onto its similarity to Lois! Go fig :p

And btw....thanks girl!

Love ya!
Steph
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/11/05 06:57 AM
Could you do "Kiss the Girl"(the little mermaid) "A Whole New World" (aladdin) "Once Upon a Dream" (sleeping beauty) "There May be Something There" (beauty and the beast)?
grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: shellyem Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/11/05 11:36 AM
I really enjoyed this video! Very sweet and waffy just like I like them. thumbsup

TJ - you're right those songs would made good vids too. wink
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/12/05 07:45 PM
smile1 smile1

TJ, I dl the songs, listened to them...and it just so happens I got some ideas! dance So you might just see those vids coming up pretty soon. (as long as my muse stays with me)

Steph, glad my sanity is safe in your hands rotflol

Again thank you ALL so very very much!!! You don't know how much that meant to me.

Later Days!
Andie party
Posted By: AnHa Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/12/05 08:54 PM
Great music video! And the song really fits Lois laugh
Posted By: louiselane Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/13/05 12:00 AM
Very cute the video. smile

Great job !!!! smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/13/05 04:56 AM
Andie

This is great. Very WAFFy! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: mmmsquirrel Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/13/05 07:35 AM
LOL I love that song!!! Me Jen? Do you mean me? Even if you don't I'm going to pretend you mean me! LOL I love that video!!! LOL and now I'm addicted to the song!!!!!!!!

Jen
Posted By: Lois & Clark Fan Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/13/05 10:05 PM
Wow this is such a great video, I love that song thumbsup
Posted By: digitalsky Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/15/05 12:31 AM
What is the point of videos and why do you talk like that about them?? I thought this was a fanfiction sight?? huh confused
Posted By: Tahu Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/15/05 09:41 AM
this is one of favorite videos. Wow. Keep on going. Looking forward to new videos.
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/15/05 11:04 PM
Digitalsky,

This is a form of fanfiction. If you watch, theres a plot to this video. Its about Lois trying to convince herself that she doesn't love Clark. And at the end she finally gives up to her heart and admits that she does...just not out loud. wink smile1

Almost every video I've seen has a plot to it, a little story of its own. Go watch any music video. Really listen to the lyrics, watch the clips the vid maker has used. If you still don't think that music video making is a type of fanfiction, an art form... then I'll suggest a good shrink for ya. smile

It takes time and effort to make these videos. It took me a little over fourteen hours straight to get this video to my liking. And even then I still had editing to do. You cannot tell me this isn't a part of fanfiction.

Now I'm sorry if I seem mean. But to me this is a form of fanfiction. And I guess to everyone else it is too otherwise why else would there be a FoLC Productions? confused

Again I'm not trying to sound mean or cause something here, I just wanted to tell how I feel. dizzy

Later Days!
Andie

Also, thanks again to EVERYONE who posted fdk...you don't know what it means to me!! sloppy
Posted By: digitalsky Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/15/05 11:21 PM
Originally posted by andieanderson1979:
Digitalsky,

This is a form of fanfiction. If you watch, theres a plot to this video. Its about Lois trying to convince herself that she doesn't love Clark. And at the end she finally gives up to her heart and admits that she does...just not out loud. wink smile1

Almost every video I've seen has a plot to it, a little story of its own. Go watch any music video. Really listen to the lyrics, watch the clips the vid maker has used. If you still don't think that music video making is a type of fanfiction, an art form... then I'll suggest a good shrink for ya. smile

It takes time and effort to make these videos. It took me a little over fourteen hours straight to get this video to my liking. And even then I still had editing to do. You cannot tell me this isn't a part of fanfiction.

Now I'm sorry if I seem mean. But to me this is a form of fanfiction. And I guess to everyone else it is too otherwise why else would there be a FoLC Productions? confused

Again I'm not trying to sound mean or cause something here, I just wanted to tell how I feel. dizzy

Later Days!
Andie

Also, thanks again to EVERYONE who posted fdk...you don't know what it means to me!! sloppy
14 hours? That is way overboard. Don't you have a life?? Lol. I could not do that. I like to read fanfiction, and sometimes try to write it, but I could not sit inside for 14 hours working on one project for that long.

But to each their own..Still reallyweird tho.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/15/05 11:35 PM
Welcome, digitalsky smile It's always good to see new people on these boards. And I hope you enjoy the fanfiction posted here, even if you don't find the music videos to your liking.

Fan creativity comes in a variety of forms. Some of us write fanfiction. Others make trailers or music videos. Others create art of various kinds - line drawings, computer art, avatars, wallpapers, banners and so on. It's all a form of creative expression and all of it has its fans. smile

To those who engage in creativity - of whatever form - it's not wasted time, even if we do spend hours, days, months or even years on a project. Some of my fanfics have taken a couple of years from start to finish, but I don't see it as not having a life because I enjoy doing it. goofy And I think - I hope - people enjoy reading the result. The same goes for videos. smile

I haven't had time to watch this one yet, Andie, but I'll try to DL it over the next few days. I know I'll enjoy it!

Wendy smile
Boards Administrator
Posted By: BanAnna Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 12:05 AM
14 hours? That is way overboard. Don't you have a life?? Lol. I could not do that. I like to read fanfiction, and sometimes try to write it, but I could not sit inside for 14 hours working on one project for that long.

If you think that it's "reallyweird" for someone to have enough dedication to spend fourteen hours in front of a computer to make their creative art as perfect as they possibly can, then I feel sorry for you.

Spending that much time and effort to create something that you can be proud of is commendable. If more people did that, this world would probably have a lot more beauty and art and a lot less hate and violence. I have often spent fourteen hours in front of my computer to put together a vid or a graphic. In fact, I did it last night till 4am for I'll Be Okay. If that makes me "reallyweird" then so be it.

Vidding is a highly technical art form. It's my creative outlet. I don't know what you'd call "having a life," but I call having a marketable skill like video editing and using it to display my personal creativity a great life. Thank you very much.

Furthermore, as you can see by the titles of the forums and the varied discussions that take place on these boards, this is not just a fanfiction site. In addition to a lot of great fanfic, these boards host original fiction, graphic art, videos, games, polls, and an entire forum called "Off Topic" where just about anything can be disscussed. The main, original purpose for creating these boards was to have another place to post, read, and discuss fanfiction, but that is far from it's only function.

Andie, I enjoyed your vid immensely. It's been awhile since I've seen Hurcules so I didn't remember the song, but it fit Lois and Clark very well, and you did a wonderful job of matching the clips to the lyrics. I, for one, want to thank you for spending all that time and energy to create it and share it with us. thumbsup

~Anna
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 12:24 AM
Spending that much time and effort to create something that you can be proud of is commendable.
I second Anna's thought. And I want to add: What fanfic writer does not spend *at least* 14 hours working on their stories. I know that even my short vignettes take more than 14 hours to go from a 1-2 line idea through brainstorming to writing to proofreading to sending to beta readers to adjusting the story to fit comments to proofreading again (several times) to posting. It isn't 14 hours all in one day, but it is probably more than 14 hours in total.
Posted By: digitalsky Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 02:24 AM
Originally posted by BanAnna:

If you think that it's "reallyweird" for someone to have enough dedication to spend fourteen hours in front of a computer to make their creative art as perfect as they possibly can, then I feel sorry for you.

Spending that much time and effort to create something that you can be proud of is commendable. If more people did that, this world would probably have a lot more beauty and art and a lot less hate and violence. I have often spent fourteen hours in front of my computer to put together a vid or a graphic. In fact, I did it last night till 4am for I'll Be Okay. If that makes me "reallyweird" then so be it.

Vidding is a highly technical art form. It's my creative outlet. I don't know what you'd call "having a life," but I call having a marketable skill like video editing and using it to display my personal creativity a great life. Thank you very much.

Furthermore, as you can see by the titles of the forums and the varied discussions that take place on these boards, this is not [b]just
a fanfiction site. In addition to a lot of great fanfic, these boards host original fiction, graphic art, videos, games, polls, and an entire forum called "Off Topic" where just about anything can be disscussed. The main, original purpose for creating these boards was to have another place to post, read, and discuss fanfiction, but that is far from it's only function.

Andie, I enjoyed your vid immensely. It's been awhile since I've seen Hurcules so I didn't remember the song, but it fit Lois and Clark very well, and you did a wonderful job of matching the clips to the lyrics. I, for one, want to thank you for spending all that time and energy to create it and share it with us. thumbsup

~Anna [/b]
There's no need to get so defensive and attack me!! I wasn't insulting anyone on purpose! I just thought that 14 hours straight in front of a computer was a lot to do. I said "But to each their own."! People know there's something strange about what they do if they get defensive so quick.. Why get so defensive if you think what you do is justified?? confused
Posted By: LabRat Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 07:50 AM
There's no need to get so defensive and attack me!! I wasn't insulting anyone on purpose! I just thought that 14 hours straight in front of a computer was a lot to do. I said "But to each their own."! People know there's something strange about what they do if they get defensive so quick.. Why get so defensive if you think what you do is justified??
You may have said to each their own, DigitalSky, but you threw in a few abrasive comments around that qualifier, that were almost bound to irritate people. Or did you expect that no one would mind you telling them they were really weird and had no life? goofy

I haven't seen anyone get particularly defensive - they're simply trying to explain the concept of videos to you as you don't seem to understand it. They really have nothing to be defensive about. Videos aren't just a part of this forum but are considered a pretty normal and standard part of fandoms all over the net. They're a pretty common feature. And they hardly need to justify themselves - all they're doing is enjoying their love of the show, just like everyone else on this forum, in a way that suits their particular talents. And providing a lot of pleasure for their fellow fans along the way. Videos are a very popular genre. Not just in this fandom.

Nor can I say I've seen people attacking you. Here and there the tone of replies to your comments may be a little...terse. But, again, you can hardly expect otherwise when a new member comes onto the forum and with their first posts immediately tells other members that they're weird and pathetic (which is what the phrase 'don't you have a life' means) simply for doing something so normal in fandoms it doesn't usually provoke comment. That kind of thing tends to irk people slightly. laugh

I think the lesson learned here is if you don't want to feel attacked, don't come into a forum and introduce yourself with an attitude that attacks your fellow members.

I get the impression from your last post that nothing anyone says is going to convince you that making videos is anything other than 'strange'. Personally I think that's your loss as they can be a wonderful form of entertainment imo. But...each to their own. wink

But there's absolutely no need for you to hang out here in FoLC productions if videos aren't to your taste. There are plenty of fanfic folders for you to choose from, if that's more appealing to you. smile Certainly though, hanging out in here and insulting those who don't share your opinion on the concept really isn't likely to win you many friends.

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 07:57 AM
People know there's something strange about what they do if they get defensive so quick..
So, by this logic, if I say your mother's a slut, and you take offense at that, it's because you agree that your mother's a slut? Interesting thought process you got there goofy

PJ
with apologies to your mother
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 08:05 AM
And on a more on-topic note -- Andie, I just saw this and I love it. smile1 Especially love the transition when the music ramps up at the beginning and it's Lois slapping Clark <g> That just really flowed well. Lots of other good moments, too.

Thanks for sharing it!

PJ
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 10:21 PM
So, by this logic, if I say your mother's a slut, and you take offense at that, it's because you agree that your mother's a slut? Interesting thought process you got there

PJ
Sorry Pam, I had to laugh at that lol wink

Andie, I saw the video the other day and didn't have enough time to comment! frown Wonderful, I love the song! Great job! laugh

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

PS: You should think about doing a song to Hercules "Go The Distance" featuring Clark...OMG Andie if you did that I would be soooooo happy! That's a perfect song for him! Please think about it wink smile
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/16/05 11:45 PM
help but hey, what can I say? It pays the bills smile

And I am weird...I admit it! I'm not normal...far from it. I've said/done a few strange things (ask Rach, Jen, or Steph they could tell you some stories... wink )

Making music videos are a way of helping cope after a stress filled day. Its my hobby, one that I am mighty proud of. Heck it keeps me off the streets! wink

If I just had to make music videos for a living.. goofy

Anyways...I know that its for a different reason added comments were made but can I just say: WAHOO!!! I GOT OVER 20 COMMENTS!!!! thumbsup thumbsup wave
Posted By: digitalsky Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
People know there's something strange about what they do if they get defensive so quick..
So, by this logic, if I say your mother's a slut, and you take offense at that, it's because you agree that your mother's a slut? Interesting thought process you got there goofy

PJ
lol. Actually, I would not take offense to it cuz I know it's not true! Just like she should not have taken offense to me being curiuos, I just asked a question! If you guyz thought my comments were "terse", and got offended by a question, how could you handle real tough critisizing of your stories?? I heard publishers are tough. Could you handle the truth? goofy I'm just wondering. I have not seen a place like this before. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 07:24 AM
you guyz thought my comments were "terse", and got offended by a question, how could you handle real tough critisizing of your stories??
Digit, your comment about whether the maker of this video "had a life" was just rude and personal though, it had nothing to do with the criticism of this video. This whole section of the board is meant for videos and trailers and is a fun place to see clips of our favorite show set to music.

I, for one, totally appreciate the talent and dedication of the FOLCs willing to make these, and your aggressive tactics in questioning this hobby when others are explaining nicely is even more indicative of rude and terse intentions. Best you word your expression differently if you feel attacked by the replies.

TJgruffs
Posted By: LabRat Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 08:01 AM
If you guyz thought my comments were "terse", and got offended by a question, how could you handle real tough critisizing of your stories??
Why would they have to? This is a hobby, a bit of fun, it's not paid work. If authors and vidders want to venture into the rough and tumble of the publishing world, then that's a whole new ball of wax.

Which isn't to say they couldn't handle criticism or that it's unheard of. But there's a world of difference between constructive criticism, which is helpful and most often than not appreciated by the vidders and authors here on the mbs, and the kind of comments previously made by you, which were simply rude and abrasive.

It is generally a rule of these mbs, too, that you confine your comments/constructive criticism to the story/video and refrain from making personal criticism of/attacks on individual board members. If you're not aware of this net convention, that's generally called 'flaming' someone and most net communities take a dim view of it. A rule you sailed very close to breaking. I wouldn't say you flamed anyone - yet. But it wasn't far off.

Just like she should not have taken offense to me being curiuos, I just asked a question!
Hardly that, DigitalSky. Had you simply asked a question no one would have taken offence. But, of course, it's not the questions asked, but the way in which they're expressed. Worded as they are, your questions sound more like challenges or baiting than curiosity. As someone has already said - there's been an aggressive undertone to the way they've been worded.

It is difficult sometimes in the medium of a messageboard to express yourself clearly. Often, people come across as meaning one thing when they don't intend to sound that way. If this is the case with you and you simply don't see how aggressive and rude you are appearing to others, then perhaps you could think a little more about how you express your questions. Dial it down a little. wink The FoLCs here are generally a friendly and accommodating bunch - if they're treated that way in the first place.

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 08:19 AM
I have not seen a place like this before.
Well, the whole idea of music videos came from other fandoms, so we're not that unique. Take a look sometime; I'm sure you'll find plenty of vidding sites. smile

But since you are new, I'll clue you in -- we try real hard to be polite around here, and respect each other's choices. Flames and rude comments are definitely *not* the norm, no matter what might be accepted elsewhere on the 'net. And suggesting that someone is wasting their life is rude. (Also funny, considering that anyone who hangs out on a tv fandom website has *no* room to talk goofy )

So if you want to say "wow, I'd never have the patience to spend 14 hours on one of these things" that's fine; to say "wow, you're weird to spend 14 hours on videos" is rude.

Constructive criticism is welcomed here. "Wow, you're weird" is not constructive. wink

Now, putting my site admin hat on for a moment -- this section is for people who enjoy making and watching videos, and we want it to be a safe place for them to share that enthusiasm. You've made your opinion plain, and it's a perfectly valid opinion to have, but there's no need to repeat yourself and every reason not to. So unless you have something useful and polite to say, you should probably go hang out somewhere else (we have many other sections to these boards), where the focus is on something *you* enjoy. smile

PJ
site administrator
Posted By: SJH Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 04:12 PM
14 hours?? There are others out there? Im not alone?Some times I lose days when working on a project, and forget to eat.But you'er on a kind of a high, you know, and there is nothing else like it in the world.
P.S Very nice video.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 05:03 PM
I haven't managed to go 14 hours yet -- too much real life interfering! razz -- but I know that when I'm working on a video, time goes *so* fast. I sit down to maybe do a little bit, and then a little while later I realize... it's been four hours! eek Yeah, kind of like being on a high -- or being "in the zone."

It's fun laugh

PJ
Posted By: mmprincess Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 08/17/05 06:51 PM
I always love checking out this thread. My hat's off to these talented people who put in a lot of time and effort to come out with good and entertaining videos to share.

Digitalsky, if you're intention was merely to criticize, then I must say, you're way off the mark. What you intended to express came across as rude, insulting and just downright mean. Is this what you consider a life? confused I agree with the others, if you find this thread simply not to "your liking" , then it's probably best for you to just go check out some other sites.
Posted By: MaraElaineKent Re: MV: I Won't Say I'm In Love... - 03/23/06 10:20 AM
I am absolutely tickled by this vid! I didn't really like Disney's Hercules movie, though I thought this song was cute in it, but now that I've seen this video, I fully want the song! It's like love by association, or something.

Anyway, excellent matching of clips to lyrics and sound (the curtain closing, sighing parts, get a grip, got got got it bad parts are my favorites!) And I love the clips you picked for the end. I think most LnC fans will agree that those two moments (Clark caressing Lois' face and her holding his hand there and the Christmas scene) are indeed two moments in which Lois says she loves Clark without actually saying anything. So cute, cute, cute vid. Makes me smile and laugh and giggle and remember all the cute things about LnC that made me love the show in the first place. Thanks for the great vid!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards