Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 12:29 PM
Okay, I obviously have too much time on my hands today... wink but I'll pretend this was planned as a companion to my other poll...

New question: How old are you, in fanfic years? Me, I'm older than dirt <g>

PJ
Posted By: Smallville Girl Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 12:31 PM
ACK!

You have one year listed...and then three years...

I've been on for two!
There's no High School b/w middle and college? huh

-Breanna (who I guess is going to the underground high school)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 12:36 PM
Sorry, Breanna, I was keeping that vague 'cause I didn't think I could come up with cute stuff for any more age brackets! smile Just pick whichever one's closest, or that you prefer.

PJ
Posted By: HatMan Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 12:37 PM
great poll, pam! smile

as for voting... hmm.. i have drifted in and out a time or two, but i've been mostly consistent. i have been reading since season 3 was on the air. hmm.... no option for drifting dirt? oh well. even if i was pulled away by RL issues, i still thought of myself as a folc (and did manage to read a bit, i think), so i'm going with the dirt. laugh

Paul
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 01:04 PM
Actually I realise I probably made a mistake when I answered the poll (I went for 3 years). I've been posting fanfic for 3 years, but reading and writing L&C stories for 5 years and watching the show for 7 years... So where do I fit? laugh

Kaethel smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 01:18 PM
It's about fanfic, K, so you might wanna go with 5... wink

PJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 01:44 PM
It's about fanfic? I thought it was just how many years you'd been in the fandom! Eeesh. It's getting late, obviously. blush

Oh, well, it was the same answer in both cases anyway, so no harm done! <G>

LabRat smile
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 02:31 PM
Awww, I'm the youngest so far. blush I'm in the 'metaphorical middle school'. I was introduced to the concept of fanfic about 2 & 1/2 yrs ago and I found the L&C section on ff.net and read some of Nan and Pam's stuff. It wasn't until last March that I discovered Folcdom on the net. thumbsup Up til that point I thought I'd have to be satisfied with what I could find in amongst the disaster of grammer, typos and bad writing that describes a lot of stuff on ff.net. frown However the list and Archive came to the rescue! Just like someone else we know... laugh

Loriel
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 03:14 PM
Now I'm the youngest so far. laugh

I put 3 months, but it's actually more like 5. Well, to be really accurate, I read my very first fanfic last June, but I thought reading fanfic would ruin the show for me, so I swore it off. (Silly me, what was I *thinking*?! shock )

Then last fall I discovered FoLCdom and then got into reading and writing fanfic in December.

~Anna
Posted By: YConnell Re: Fanfic Years - 04/26/03 03:58 PM
Yikes, you expect me to remember back that far? I guessed 5 years, but for all I know it could be 7. If someone can tell me what year I got promoted to Manager and moved to the Woolwich office, then that's when I started reading fanfic <g>.

Yvonne
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Fanfic Years - 04/27/03 03:49 AM
It's about fanfic, K, so you might wanna go with 5...
Uh oh... well then, I definitely made a mistake in answering. [g]

Kaethel smile (who knew she should have asked her question *before* she answered the poll peep )
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Fanfic Years - 04/27/03 10:56 AM
Hmm, I started this poll and the age poll because I was feeling old, and come to find out... I really am old! help

Though I suppose the fact that my bedtime's now at 10pm should have clued me in by now wink

PJ
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Fanfic Years - 04/28/03 09:52 AM
I posted my first story 4 years 5 months ago, and I know I read for a least a few months before posting my own, so I answered 5 years.
Posted By: sunshine6812 Re: Fanfic Years - 04/28/03 10:06 AM
Mid-life crisis is just around the corner sad

sunshine
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards