Lois & Clark Forums
As many of you may know, I've been expecting twin girls. My due date was 9/6, but due to both being breech, I was scheduled to have them via C-section on 8/27. Wellll...they decided to come early.

On 8/27, a routine check with the doctor showed early signs of pre-eclampsia. The girls were delivered that night.

Ashley Rose was born at 9:51pm. She came in at 18.5" and 6 pounds. Kayla Dawn was born at 9:52pm. She came in at 17" and 5 pounds 2 ounces. Both are perfectly healthy and didn't need any time in the NICU at all. (They were born at 37 weeks 6 days.)

Here they are! (Don't worry, I DO have Supergirl outfits for when they are a little bigger!!!)

Ashley on the right, Kayla on the left.
[Linked Image]

One week old. Ashley on the left, Kayla on the right.
[Linked Image]
Mazel tov!

They are *adorable*! May they have long, healthy, lives full of love, laughter, and happiness.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., How are you recovering?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/01/13 05:35 PM
clap How adorable! And how alert for so young! I love the image of them crossing legs, as if they're used to hanging out with one another. Awwwwwwww.

[Linked Image]Congratulations on a healthy set of girls, no major complications! I hope Mom and girls are doing well. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Annie B. Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/01/13 06:39 PM
Congratulations! They're darling!
Posted By: Christina Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/01/13 06:53 PM
OMG, they are absolutely ADORABLE!!!

*Christina, who is awaiting her little boy's arrival*
Thanks, everyone! We are exhausted but in absolute Heaven.

Virginia - that was like the one totally alert moment of the day! wink They sleep most of the time now - which is the only reason why I'm getting a moment to come on here. laugh

Christina - Not much longer for you now, right?
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/01/13 07:42 PM
How sweet! Congratulations!!

Joan
Congratulations! clap My daughter's name is Kayla. Love the name! Enjoy your time with them. Time flies! My baby is turning four this month!

Andreia
party Congratulations, Vicki!! They're so adorable! And I love their names too! laugh Best wishes to you and your new family of future super-fans!
Posted By: Karen Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/02/13 06:11 AM
Congrats! They are so cute!
Thanks, everyone!

Wow, Ultra Woman! I've actually never met a Kayla/someone with a Kayla - so that's really cool to me! laugh
Posted By: CK Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/02/13 11:59 AM
OMG HOW ADORABLE!! smile1 good job!
dance
Posted By: Christina Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/02/13 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:

Christina - Not much longer for you now, right?
Yup. Due Sept 21st but doc's expecting him any day now.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/02/13 05:38 PM
Congrats, DC - they're so cute! Wow, twins. I hope you're getting some sleep here and there! But yes, enjoy their tiny baby days. My baby starts high school tomorrow. eek

PJ
I keep coming back to look at the pictures; I think your babies are the prettiest newborns I've ever seen. (Of course, I think my son was the cutest, but I may be just slightly biased there. wink )

Joy,
Lynn
Awww, thanks everyone. smile

Christina - Wow, any day? Enjoy the last bit of time before he comes. (Of course, it's more fun when the baby is here!)

ChiefPam - High school? I feel like *I* just left high school! (2000 Grad here - yikes!)

Lynn - Awww, thank you! That's quite the compliment. blush We definitely tried to make cuties. wink
Congratulations!
Thanks, Shallowford! laugh
Wow, Vicki, such wonderful news. I'm so glad everything turned out well and you have two beautiful daughters to enjoy.

God bless you all,

Corrina.
Congrats - they look really cute (and it's already possible to see small differences so hopefully you won't have the Weasley problem!)
Thanks, guys! smile

Marcus - it's super easy for me to tell who is who. Ashley is more olive skinned with dark hair and Kayla is much lighter in both skin tone and her hair. (Those are the obvious giveaways, at any rate.)
Posted By: Olive Re: They're here! (aka, why I've been AFK) - 09/12/13 05:24 AM
Oh, wow! They're so cute! Congratulations for your baby girls!!! party
Thank you, Olive! smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards