Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaraMoon A little funny that someone sent me. :) - 03/10/07 12:12 PM
smile

[Linked Image]
Cuuuuuute!

But 'over-the-top acting'? Nah, not really. 'Boring storylines'? Well, sometimes. (Wedding Argh) 'Lousy effects'? No, not lousy. Not state of the art, but not lousy, either!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: A little funny that someone sent me. :) - 03/11/07 07:06 AM
hehe - yeah, I agree with you Mellie.

For the time and considering it was TV, the effects aren't that bad. The acting was just fine, IMHO. As for the story lines, hey - seasons 1 and 2 totally ROCK! The others I have some issues with, but a lot of the episodes are totally awesome anyway.

smile
Posted By: Arawn Re: A little funny that someone sent me. :) - 03/11/07 08:20 AM
I might be biased, but I'm also very interested in plots and I found those in L&C really inventive and compelling, sometimes it didn't work out or went over the top but it seldom felt stale, considering Superman's powers that's rather impressive. Especially since the writers so seldom resorted to random kryptonite, the hallmark of the lazy Superman plotter.

The plots in the movies OTOH are the best reason to stay away from them IMHO. :p
Posted By: C_A Re: A little funny that someone sent me. :) - 03/11/07 10:18 AM
I agree on the effects. Some A-plots were cringe-worthy, but rarely boring. And it was the acting and the chemistry that made the show! I think what the guy is saying is just supposed to illustrate how many fans of the Superman movies think (in which case the writer forgot to add "and Dean Cain doesn't look anything like Superman; he's short and has brown eyes!").
Posted By: HatMan Re: A little funny that someone sent me. :) - 03/11/07 01:35 PM
Enjoyed the cartoon. Thanks for posting it Lara. smile

Don't have much else to add, but a fun little tidbit popped to mind when I saw this:

Especially since the writers so seldom resorted to random kryptonite, the hallmark of the lazy Superman plotter.
In an interview, Tim Minear (one of the show's writers) said something to the effect that, as a group, the writers felt that kryptonite as a plot device was cheap and too easily abused. (This was years before Smallville debuted, too!)

So, at the beginning of each season, they'd each get a couple of "kryptonite chits." A little piece of paper or something that denoted the usage of kryptonite. And any time a writer used kryptonite in one of his eps, he had to turn in one of his chits. So that kept them from overusing it.

Of course, kryptonite never (AFAIK) showed up in the old George Reeves series. I always thought that was pretty impressive, even if the show itself had no continuity or anything.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards