Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: BrightFeather Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 09:56 AM
Good segment, Erin. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

BrightFeather
Posted By: Hazel Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 12:15 PM
New elseworlds! hyper AND it's by Erin! hyper hyper

Nice setup here, giving us all the obvious signals of what's different. Ellen and Sam are dead. Is there a Lucy? We see Lois have a different confidant of sorts. And a Perry-like editor, albeit not Perry.

Looks good so far, Erin. Now all we need is Clark. And a Jimmy equivalent (don't tell Tank). And to let the fun begin. laugh Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel
Posted By: malu Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 12:21 PM
I loved this first part.

Just have a quick question: does Lois have two editors?

She sent the file off to Jim Langley, her editor in chief
or
She'd worked for Stan Hoffman for a long time now
Who's the editor?

malu
Posted By: ErinK Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 12:33 PM
Originally posted by malu:
[QB] Just have a quick question: does Lois have two editors?
Oops! You're absolutely right. Can you tell I changed the character's name a dozen times? I obviously overlooked one. blush

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this so far. And thanks, Hazel! Your enthusiasm just made my day. laugh

Off to fix that editor-name typo...
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 12:40 PM
Wow, Erin, you've got a new one! You've made my day smile

And this is a great start. How on earth did Lois end up in San Francisco? And I'm glad she has her neighbor as a friend; I like her already <g>

Post more, darnit!

PJ
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 12:54 PM
Nice start, Erin. hyper It looks very intriguing, some one resembling Perry in San Fransisco. And a sweet lady as a neighboor. smile I wonder where you're going with this and when we get to see Clark.

So post more soon for this curious girl who has too much spare time. laugh

Saskia
Posted By: Shadow Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 01:21 PM
ELSEWORLD!!!
dance
/me jumps up and down, runs around the room and hugs the ficus

I absolutely adore elseworlds. This is off to a great start, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Yay
Jen smile
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 01:48 PM
Erin!!!! New fic from one of my very favourite authors!! smile1
Posted By: Tank Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 02:48 PM
I say, yay! another story by Erin, one of my favorite writers, but then I'd just be echoing what everyone else already said. I'd like to be original...

Wait, I just realized that I can't be original because I can only reiterate all the nice things that the other gentle readers have said in the prior posts. This really is a promising start.

Definitely a Lois Lane that we can all take to our hearts.

And, Erin, if you don't want to include a Clark Kent in this story (you know how cliched that would be) I could offer a possible substitute? laugh

Now that I've read this part you can go ahead and post the next one. I think a 6 hour posting schedule would be good.

Tank (who thinks that the inclusion of a Lucy would be fine, but hopes that Jimmy can be left out of the mix)
Posted By: RL Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 02:59 PM
Very nice beginning. As with all Elseworld stories, the big questions yet to be answered are:

Did Lois grow up in Metropolis to begin with? Or have her roots always been in San Francisco? Are her parents even Sam and Ellen? Does Lucy exist or does she have other siblings?

Does Clark exist in any familiar incarnation in this world? Is he super? Did he have a Martha and Jonathan?

This Lois appears to be just as good a reporter as the one we all know and love. Like the other one, she doesn't really know what she's missing in her life. I'm sure we can all guess what that is, though. wink Is this Lois emotionally damaged by a Claude or Claude-equivalent? Or does she just not date a lot because she's too busy looking for that Pulitzer.

I know I'm looking forward to finding out.

Nice start! thumbsup
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 04:28 PM
Yay, a new story from Erin -- and it's an elseworlds story smile smile . Great start and I'm anxiously waiting for Part 2!

- Alicia smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 05:04 PM
Hi,

Wow! This is good. smile1
Posted By: klairl Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 05:26 PM
hyper
Great, thank you!
claire
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 07:03 PM
Ditto..ditto..ditto all the above!

Nice start to what reads like a VERY interesting story! thumbsup

Can't wait for MORE! When's part 2?? And where is Clark?! smile

~Liz
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/15/03 08:44 PM
/me tries to find something new to say . . . gives up wink

Ditto what they said! clap MORE! please?
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 04:29 AM
Erin

WOW! An excellent start! smile1
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 06:54 AM
Erin,
great beginning - glad you're writing a new story
ditto others
more soon please
merry
Posted By: gerry Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 08:41 AM
I'm jumping on the bandwagon and saying that this is an interesting beginning. You've got my attention.

By the way, I know what Lois is missing. I just don't know how she's going to get it. smile

gerry
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 12:04 PM
Yeah! An Elseworlds story!!! smile1
I cant wait to read part 2!

There's no Jeep! What did you do with the Jeep?!
shock
Posted By: BarbP Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 01:55 PM
Erin,

You know I love elseworlds. Great start. Also being a Californian originally, I've been to San Francisco and love that city.

Can't wait to see what happens next. We all know what's missing and want to see how you fill in the empty spot.

Barb.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/16/03 03:45 PM
Very good! thumbsup

Post more soon.

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/17/03 12:13 AM
Lois in San Francisco!!! wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/17/03 10:16 AM
Erin! You dark horse, you. What a wonderful surprise! (Yes, I know I'm late in noticing the surprise, but what can I say, I've been slightly...distracted...elsewhere. <g>)

And how neat that it's an elseworld - one of my favourite genres.

Loving the poetic, lyrical quality to your writing, as always. Poor Lois though. Still, have this strange feeling that her life is suddenly about to get somewhat more interesting shortly... wink

More please! Soon as you like!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Vicki K Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 07/21/03 12:10 PM
Erin, I love this! And like everyone else, I'm thrilled to see that you're posting a new story. smile

I'm not going to ask the same questions everyone already has, a) because everyone has already asked them wink and b) because if you don't have to answer our questions, maybe you'll be able to post part 2 now. Now. NOW. Ooops. peep

I can't wait to see where this is going to go, to find out more about this Lois (and I'm glad someone pointed out the change in editor's name - I kind of peripherally noticed it, and was going to go back to check), and to see, as Labby put it so well, if Lois's life is going to get a lot more interesting. laugh

Loved her BMW (I can definitely see her driving one), her ...er...colorful neighbor, and the obviously pampered poodle. Something tells me this Lois may not be quite as caustic as the one we know and love, but that remains to be seen.

So, to echo everyone who has already posted, when do we get to see the next part?? wink

Vicki
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: Comments: The Long Road Home 1 - 03/21/04 06:10 AM
Erin,

I've just found your story. A great first part. I can't wait to see how everything progresses, what's different and what's the 'same'. I did notice that this was posted back in July, will the next part be anytime soon?

Loved this first part. smile

Loriel, waiting hopefully for an update...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards