Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: DSDragon FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 05:16 PM
This is the feedback thread for my story, The Setup . Enjoy!
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 06:11 PM
Very nicely written. smile

Even though Dan's not such a bad guy, I still don't like him. wink

Jackie
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 06:36 PM
Thanks, Jackie!

I'm kind of on the fence about Dan myself, but when I saw the challenge, I just HAD to write it with the Scardino angle.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 08:05 PM
Delightful!!
I’ve had a pissing contest with Superman
It might be an
unrealistic
setup but it is still great fun.

I had some friends who used to clean several branches of a local bank. Since the vault is closed the bank manager might be willing to do it. Esp if you make the manager female. wink

His eyes nearly popped out of his head as the brown blur turned red and blue, and his jaw hit the floor when the other man stopped spinning.
Love it. hyper

But then, once I had typed up that last scene, I realized that the story seemed complete as it was, and didn’t really need that one final bow in the plot. What do you think?
Works for me. I kinda picture Clark running off to a rescue just as Scardino arrives and as Lois begins to rant Scardino, knowing what is up and having a hard time not defending Clark and an even harder time not telling her about Superman runs off himself muttering something about his
cheese of the month club

This shuts down her rant and she stares speechless as it hits her, her plan had backfired, Clark has somehow infected Scardino with his running away disease.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 08:07 PM
Glad you approve, Framework4! And that is a funny idea about Scardino getting "infected" with Clark's running off-ness.

Thanks for the comments!
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 09:00 PM
And if we want to see a really really P.O.ed Lois Lane picture a world where Clark told Scardino and Drake, and Jack already knows from Season One, add in Perry and Lana and...

The old saying is "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", well I think NOTHING could compare to the fury of a Lois Lane left out of the Loop.

wildguy Lois

party
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 09:03 PM
Haha! Right you are! Like I said in the fic, only two things had the power to kill Clark: Kryptonite and Lois Lane--and he was more likely to survive the Kryptonite.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 09:25 PM
Great story! But surely you aren't going to just end it like you did, are you? Dan Scardino is a skunk and I can see him telling Lois all....
rotflol
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/29/06 09:31 PM
I don't think Scardino's all that bad a guy, myself. He saw certain facts one way, and happened to be wrong. I think he's also still trying to get over Jenna, and kind of projecting that on Lois.

And yes, that is the end of the fic. I figure, by this point, Scardino's decided it's time to bow out gracefully, and just be friends with Lois (and probably Clark as well, now that he knows he's not mistreating Lois like he thought).

Thanks for the comments!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 01:42 AM
I like the idea of Scardino knowing Clark's secret. Clark's biggest adversary besides Lex Luther and Clark sharing a secret...
This will be fun!

smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 07:04 AM
Ha! Great story. Nice new angle with all kinds of possibilities.

I love your vignettes. I'm sure you could do another one or two (or maybe more) based on the new storyline you've created here.

Good job and keep 'em coming! thumbsup

-- MR
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 09:08 AM
This story is definitely a stand-alone. But I'm glad you like it.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 11:05 AM
Wow this is an intersting twist. Very interseting indeed. Looking forward to more. Laura
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 11:39 AM
Thanks, Laura. But this is definitely a stand-alone story, and it's finished.
Posted By: L Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 04:15 PM
Engaging and interesting. I liked it a lot!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 06:06 PM
Thanks, I'm glad!
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 06:29 PM
Oops! I read it yesterday and neversaid anything. I enjoyed it!! laugh
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 07/30/06 06:32 PM
Better late than never, SuperRoo. Glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: ColleenMA Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/17/14 02:50 PM
Randomly stumbled on this somehow, had to comment on how funny it is. And I like that you left it open-ended. I'm now picturing Scardino turning his skills to annoy Clark into nagging about telling Lois. And if Dan thought Lois was pissed when he wouldn't talk to her about work, he can't even imagine what it'll be like if he lets slip that he knows something about Clark that she doesn't!
peep
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/17/14 03:27 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, Colleen! Thanks for the feedback. smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/18/14 06:41 AM
I enjoyed this story and the ones on audio as well!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/18/14 09:07 AM
Thanks, Morgana!
Posted By: Shallowford Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/18/14 06:59 PM
I always figured Dan was a bit of a schmuck but with a little class when the chips were down. Great story. Thanks.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: The Setup - 03/19/14 07:51 AM
Glad you like it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards