Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Blueowl FDK: Impulse - 04/03/22 12:47 AM
Summary: A Pheromone, My Lovely what if. What if Superman had been affected by the concentrated spray and Lois hadn't shown much resistance to his advances? Consequences abound. Can this severe misstep be put right or is their relationship over before it really began? An answer to Bizarro Kerth Challenge #3.

Rating: PG-14

Alternative take on idea seen in different fic, Restraint.

ATTENTION–
Trigger Warning 1: Story contains intimate encounter (non-graphic) where one party is impaired and taken advantage of.
Trigger Warning 2: Story contains sensitive topics but are addressed in a manner that is as honest and respectful as possible.

A/N: This premise is definitely far from what I typically write, but this plot bunny was insistent and I decided to try to stretch myself. Also, to relieve some concerns, like all of my other stories, there is a happy ending!, it'll just take some time to get there.
A/N 2: Special thanks to KSaraSara who helped me flesh out the plot and story ^_^
A/N 3: Slight alteration, 'The Foundling' episode took place before 'Pheromone My Lovely'.

Here is the first chapter: Temptation
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/03/22 01:49 AM
So let me be the first to say that I was VERY skeptical that I would like this story given the premise. But! I think Blueowl managed to pull it off--to the point where I kept asking for more until it was finished!

It's a well-written journey that explores the topic well. twins
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/03/22 11:24 AM
Hmmm, this is different. Let's see Part Two.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/04/22 01:31 AM
KSaraSara - Thanks ^_^ And thanks so much for helping me zero in on areas that needed a bit more oomph.

Morgana - Thanks for giving it a try.

Next part is here: Demoralizing

I promise there is light after this.
Posted By: Superjan Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/04/22 12:50 PM
I already LOVE this story! Can't wait for more! hyper
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/04/22 04:04 PM
So far, I like what I've read. I'm curious how Clark will cope in his Clark persona. Waiting for the next chapter.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/06/22 02:05 AM
Superjan - Thanks ^_^ Glad you're enjoying it

bakasi - Things will certainly be rough... but a glimmer of light is coming smile

Next part is up ^_^ : Admittance
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/07/22 01:38 AM
Chapter 1 - Lois thought she was checking the water level but dove in shortly afterwards, anyway, without fully considering the consequences of her actions. Definitely the Season 1 Lois in the show. This could be an extension of that scene in the episode where she and Superman kissed at the airport, since she jumped at the chance to kiss him when she thought he was affected by the spray.

Chapter 2 - Excellent chapter of the you-know-what hitting the fan as reality sinks in. Is this by any chance an answer to the Bizarro Kerth Challenge #3? It fits pretty close, even if it was unintentional.

Chapter 3 - Yay for Martha! Brilliantly treading that fine line of calming her upset son at the same time expressing her disappointment and anger at Lois. Glad to see a glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Definitely well-written, realistic, in character, and so far a gentle handling this challenging topic. clap Looking forward to more.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/10/22 12:56 AM
cuidadora -
- Yeah, Season 1 Lois unfortunately did not yet have as much self-control or maturity as the later Lois did. To me, it makes perfect sense that this Lois would not make the right choice if this situation occurred.
- Yeah....I think I will have this be an answer to the Bizarro Kerth Challenge #3, thanks for suggesting it ^_^. The required quote is in chapter 4.
- Martha is the perfect mother bear and sensible guide. I'm glad I got her character right smile
Glad you're liking this so far. This has definitely been one of the hardest things I've written in a while.

Here is chapter 4: Priorities
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/10/22 04:55 AM
I just got caught up with this story. I almost passed on it because of the topic but I’m glad I didn’t. It’s very well written and you are handling a difficult topic very well, with the respect and compassion it deserves.

Lois didn’t think through what she was doing. It was selfish and immature and she gave no thought to how Superman would feel when he was no longer under the influence of Miranda’s pheromones. Now, though, she’s paying the price and the guilt is overwhelming. I’m glad there’s going to be a happy ending and it will be interesting to see how they get there.

I feel for Clark. He was violated but Martha is just brilliant with her love and support. I can understand her wanting to box Lois’s ears. Her words of comfort and wisdom were spot on.

I can’t believe Lois didn’t open the envelope. I hope she does so
soon. I want to know what Clark wrote! I can’t wait for more! Thank you for writing and sharing this story! I’m hooked!!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/10/22 07:44 AM
I'm glad they were able to talk and I liked how Lois apologized, even if Clark was kind of the wrong person to get that apology. I hope he will talk to her as Superman.

And now Nightfall is looming. Don't know why I was surprised. Of course, it fits the timeline. Maybe, because Wendy Richards had a fic with a similar premise that happened after Nightfall.

Anyway, I'm hooked and can't wait to see the next chapter.

Posted By: Toomi8 Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/11/22 01:04 AM
Aaaaaagggggjhhhhhhhh. What’s in the letter!!!!

Fantastic story so far.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/12/22 01:35 AM
Songbird -
Thanks for giving it a chance ^_^. And yeah, Lois' is certainly learning from her mistake.
As for the letter, it's coming, though Lois being Lois....
Glad you like the story so far smile

bakasi -
It certainly helped them both I think. Oh! I think I remember that one. I'll need to re-read it though to be sure wink Thanks for reading!

Toomi8 -
I understand. I tried to get her to read it sooner, but she refused. Anyway, thanks ^_^

Here is the Chapter 5: Impact
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/13/22 05:35 AM
Thanks for a wonderful chapter! It’s interesting that even with memory loss, Clark’s heart lead him to Lois. When he gets his memory back, I wonder if that will resonate with him. It has to tell him something. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart instead of your brain, especially when dealing with a powerful emotion like love. Lois is going to be in for a surprise when she finds an unconscious Superman in her apartment. I hope she reads the letter soon. I love this story and I can’t wait for more!
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/17/22 01:25 AM
Songbird - Thanks ^_^

Next chapter is here: Waking
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/18/22 12:38 AM
Thanks for another wonderful chapter. I wasn’t expecting Lois to reach out to Perry for help so that was a surprise. It will be interesting to see what happens after Clark gets his memories back. Hopefully Lois will read Superman’s letter before that happens. I love this story and I can’t wait for more!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/18/22 07:32 AM
Poor Clark, he really is in a bad way. Good thing he has help. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter
Posted By: Superjan Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/20/22 02:57 PM
Everyday I eagerly check the boards for a new chapter to your story! So thankful you gave us the hope for a happy ending! smile
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/20/22 06:56 PM
Just got caught up and all I can say is: Woah.

This was definitely handled better than I expected, and I am looking forward to the rest. Also, I have my suspicions about what's going on with Lois's stomach...
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/21/22 12:28 AM
Songbird - Thanks. I figured she would rely on Perry for support, especially after how he had helped Superman in the heat wave ^_^

bakasi - Yup, help is on the way smile

Superjan - Yeah.... with the beginning I knew I had to reassure people blush

Queen of the Capes - I'm relieved I'm handling this delicate situation as well as I was aiming for. Like everyone else, I was a bit leery with the premise, but the plot bunny wouldn't let go....

Here is the next part: Memory
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/21/22 01:57 AM
I get so wrapped up in the story I forget there's an unopened letter in the mix that I'm dying to know about! Great update. Excited to read more.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/21/22 02:09 AM
Arglehinglebingle! Now I know what people mean when they complain about story parts being too short! This is...you're just ending it there? Right there? The rest of the chapter is coming up later, right? Right???
Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/21/22 02:07 PM
Finally got to this story last night. Sorry, there’s no chapter feedback but I read the entire story. Just couldn’t stop.

Blueowl, this is excellent! I can hardly wait for the next part.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/22/22 06:48 AM
Yeah, Superman and Lois are talking again. I think there is nothing wrong with the coffee. laugh

Come back with that letter, soon
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/22/22 07:44 AM
Thanks for a great chapter! Lois’s confession and Superman’s reaction were spot on. I can’t wait for more!
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 12:38 AM
Toomi - Thanks. Well, the letter is coming up ^_^

Queen of the Capes - *pats your back due to coughing-fit?* If you reacted like that from the last part, I'll go ahead and promise now that I'll post the final chapter to Impulse before too long....

Penny_Lane - Glad you gave it a shot smile Thanks.

bakasi - Coughcough. You might be right.

Songbird - I was a little nervous, going this way, but I couldn't imagine another approach. Glad it worked out.

Here is the new part: Regain

Just one more chapter after this.

*ducks nervously behind my desk*
Yes, there will be a sequel.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 02:02 AM
Whoa! Plot twist. I did not see that coming.

Loved the letter, it was very sweet. Can't wait to see the reunion between Lois and Clark.

Plus, yay! Sequel!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 02:09 AM
OMG I KNEW IT!!!!

For the record, those were some impressive red herrings you dragged across the trail. Major kudos!

But now I must know how the conversation goes. Who says what first? What are they going to do? Blue, come back here! XD
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 08:48 AM
Yay for another chapter. Liked the letter. And I'm very much looking forward to that conversation
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 08:59 PM
Great chapter! Queen of the Capes was right. Kal El’s letter was beautiful. Lois wasn’t the only one with teary eyes. I can’t wait for that conversation! There’s going to be two revelations. I wonder who will be more shocked. I hope the next chapter is coming very soon!! Thank you!
Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/23/22 10:20 PM
Wow! I can't believe I missed the red herrings, but Queen, looks like you nailed it earlier.

Blueowl, you did a great job in creating the perfect scenario for mending the break in the Lois/Superman relationship. Having the letter delivered before Nightfall but unread until they are together worked well in facilitating a smoother resolution. And knowing how curious Lois Lane can be; not reading the letter really highlights the dept of her emotional turmoil. Superman’s unconditional acceptance and forgiveness along with the sorrowful remorse from Lois was real and very much appreciated by this reader. This situation could easily--and understandably so--destroy any relationship beyond repair.

And just when you think everything is gonna be okay………………… shock
"I'm . . . I'm pregnant?" she breathed.

Can't wait for the final chapter! But, I suspect you are going to deliver a cliffhanger the size of Kansas; something analogous to the scene
“Who’s asking—Clark or Superman?”

Thank you so much for easing our angst with the promise of a sequel! I do hope you have that sequel well underway. smile1
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/25/22 01:12 AM
Toomi8 - Thanks ^_^ It took a few nights for my head to come up with the letter.

Queen of the Capes - Yup smile I wanted to leave hints but not make it obvious; glad it worked.

bakasi - The conversation will be up shortly....

Songbird - Both will certainly be surprised...as for who will be more stunned, I'll let you decide.

Penny_Lane - Thanks, I was a little nervous about not pulling it off: involving/showing realistic emotions/consequences while having the relationship actually repair. As for the ending, I think I have a manageable end that isn't a torturous cliffhanger wink

Here is the next chapter: Reconcile

I'm currently working on the sequel as well as the second half of Keeper. Not sure when I'll begin posting either, as I prefer to have the whole story almost completely done at least, but hopefully by the summer.

Hope everyone liked Impulse. Please let me know your thoughts smile
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/25/22 02:23 PM
Ok. Since you asked for thoughts:

1. *Squeeeee!* (Yes, that is one of my thoughts)

2. I'm actually a little bit divided on the ending. On the one hand, I can absolutely see Clark being elated at having a kid, circumstances aside, and you've already done an excellent job showing how he forgave Lois and moved past what happened.

On the other hand, this does tread dangerously close to the tropes that one associates with less-careful handlings of non-con. In other words, it can't actually be that easy, that clean, tied up in a bow that pretty... Or can it? Lois did do her penance, after all, and it would be cruel to say she forfeited a relationship with Clark entirely...

So yeah, I'm not 100% sure what to think, other than that I can buy Clark being happy about the kid and that part works out wonderfully for him and I'm happy to see him happy. The rest...well, I'm looking forward to the sequel. smile
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/25/22 09:26 PM
I enjoyed this chapter a lot! I think it’s in Clark’s nature to be forgiving. Maybe it’s the way he was raised, a Kryptonian thing or a combo of both, but despite everything that happened, he still loves Lois, wants to be with her, and is willing to put what happened behind him and move forward. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

I liked how Lois let Clark know she was pregnant. I can see Clark being so happy about having a baby, even under the circumstances the baby was conceived. I think the following paragraph sums it up nicely:

"Lois, we can't control what other people think or feel. Try not to dwell too much on any negative reactions people might have, no matter who they are. How they feel is their problem; don't let it be yours too," he stated. "This is our life, our child. We're . . . we're a family now."

Thank you for the happy ending! I love this story and can’t wait for the sequel! Summer isn’t too far off!

Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/26/22 04:14 AM
Thank you for giving us to the revelation(s) now! That makes the wait for the sequel a bit easier!!

Unconditional love and forgiveness are such powerful acts. Without them, an authentic happily ever after would be very unlikely in this situation. And the verbal expression of such doesn't guarantee smooth sailing ahead. Sometimes living out those actions may take some time--maybe a long time. The hurt and regret caused by betrayals/disappointments, etc don't heal instantaneously. But ultimately, it's the only choice that can redeem such circumstances. Sadly, those choices, because they are so hard, are not generally the norm for the reality we live in. Maybe that's why we love fanfiction!! smile

Blueowl, you were brave to examine this issue. Thanks for allowing us to take this journey along with you. Looking forward to what you have in store for Act II.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/27/22 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ok. Since you asked for thoughts:

1. *Squeeeee!* (Yes, that is one of my thoughts)

2. I'm actually a little bit divided on the ending. On the one hand, I can absolutely see Clark being elated at having a kid, circumstances aside, and you've already done an excellent job showing how he forgave Lois and moved past what happened.

On the other hand, this does tread dangerously close to the tropes that one associates with less-careful handlings of non-con. In other words, it can't actually be that easy, that clean, tied up in a bow that pretty... Or can it? Lois did do her penance, after all, and it would be cruel to say she forfeited a relationship with Clark entirely...

So yeah, I'm not 100% sure what to think, other than that I can buy Clark being happy about the kid and that part works out wonderfully for him and I'm happy to see him happy. The rest...well, I'm looking forward to the sequel. smile

I understand where you're coming from which is why I decided I had to do a sequel. Wrapping it all up in an epilogue (which had been the original plan) just didn't seem possible -- not if I wanted to do it justice anyway. Also, like with most monumental life events, it takes time to soak in, and even when you make a decision you would make anyway after thinking things through, it still takes a while to fully process, and while processing reality has a way of hitting you in waves.

Hopefully Sol will put your concerns to rest (as I think at least some are my fears too smile

Thanks for reading and reviewing ^_^
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/27/22 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Songbird
I enjoyed this chapter a lot! I think it’s in Clark’s nature to be forgiving. Maybe it’s the way he was raised, a Kryptonian thing or a combo of both, but despite everything that happened, he still loves Lois, wants to be with her, and is willing to put what happened behind him and move forward. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

I liked how Lois let Clark know she was pregnant. I can see Clark being so happy about having a baby, even under the circumstances the baby was conceived. I think the following paragraph sums it up nicely:

"Lois, we can't control what other people think or feel. Try not to dwell too much on any negative reactions people might have, no matter who they are. How they feel is their problem; don't let it be yours too," he stated. "This is our life, our child. We're . . . we're a family now."

Thank you for the happy ending! I love this story and can’t wait for the sequel! Summer isn’t too far off!

Thanks ^_^ Glad you enjoyed it. I think any relationship requires love and trust, and Lois has learned from her mistake and I think has demonstrated that to Clark enough for things to move forward. There are still issues (obviously), hence the sequel, but yeah, they're a family now :3
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 04/27/22 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Thank you for giving us to the revelation(s) now! That makes the wait for the sequel a bit easier!!

Unconditional love and forgiveness are such powerful acts. Without them, an authentic happily ever after would be very unlikely in this situation. And the verbal expression of such doesn't guarantee smooth sailing ahead. Sometimes living out those actions may take some time--maybe a long time. The hurt and regret caused by betrayals/disappointments, etc don't heal instantaneously. But ultimately, it's the only choice that can redeem such circumstances. Sadly, those choices, because they are so hard, are not generally the norm for the reality we live in. Maybe that's why we love fanfiction!! smile

Blueowl, you were brave to examine this issue. Thanks for allowing us to take this journey along with you. Looking forward to what you have in store for Act II.

Thanks ^_^ I didn't feel like it would be very nice to make you all wait an indefinite amount of time for the sequel (that I couldn't wait either).

And you're exactly right that saying something is not the same as living it. They still have many things to work through, both personally and together. And it is very unfortunate that many people are not willing to suffer through those sorts of 'growing pains' (in the appropriate situations) to get to a better tomorrow.

Again, thanks for taking a chance with this fic and reviewing. I know the topic is . . . sensitive, but the plot bunny wouldn't let go and I think it was a story worth telling
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Impulse - 06/21/22 05:39 PM
I enjoyed the story, thanks for sharing it with us!

To address the issue of forgiveness and moving on, you did it fairly briefly, but in a way that I found real and believable. Lois looked at her life and didn't like what she found, and then she pursued healthy change. She was also genuinely remorseful. Both of those are powerful, and necessary for true healing to occur for all parties. So I can understand the joy that Clark feels about the child, and his willingness to move forward with Lois.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 06/22/22 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
I enjoyed the story, thanks for sharing it with us!

To address the issue of forgiveness and moving on, you did it fairly briefly, but in a way that I found real and believable. Lois looked at her life and didn't like what she found, and then she pursued healthy change. She was also genuinely remorseful. Both of those are powerful, and necessary for true healing to occur for all parties. So I can understand the joy that Clark feels about the child, and his willingness to move forward with Lois.

Thanks ^_^
And yeah, Lois definitely had a wake up call of sorts and made the right but difficult choice of maturing and correcting herself. I'm glad my efforts came across the right way and that things were believable.
I'm not sure when I'll be posting the next installment. My muse, of course, is deciding to be more difficult than I had anticipated, but hopefully it'll be nice soon.

Thanks again for reviewing smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 12/06/22 09:08 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Part 1

What if Superman had been affected by the concentrated spray and Lois hadn't shown much resistance to his advances?
Oh, *this* is the route you’re taking. Not something while Lois was still affected. /Gets popcorn/

He didn't want to even imagine an entire city on that at one hundred percent concentration, the Daily Planet on two percent had been enough!
It would have kick-started the Internet half a decade earlier? peep

That meant Lois was attracted to him, Clark Kent, at least a little bit.
Teensy weensy bit. You know, like Betelgeuse is also just a small speck in the night sky.

. She looked at him expectantly and his heart swelled
Okay, his heart swelled. [Linked Image]

Everything no longer felt real as he became aware of someone incessantly tapping his shoulder.
Tapping a lovestruck Kryptonian, that’s…risky, isn’t it? Also, plot bunny: Lex learns Superman is chemically susceptible.

Clark ignored him. He was such an evil man. One day he would fall.
“The fall from the House of Luthor”

Comfort enveloped him and he had to stabilize himself as a dizzying sensation swirled around him. Whoa.
Yes, it would be problematic if he started to float and then rotate head over heels.

He blinked and suddenly realized he was slowly leaning toward her and edging closer into what he knew she would consider too close.
Yes, she does hug him a lot, so any closer would not be appropriate in the newsroom.

oblivious to his growing desire to be closer to her.
Yes, another thing he shouldn't reveal to her in the newsroom.

He hummed, but it wasn’t in agreement. His mind was dwelling on something completely different before he mentally slapped himself, which gave him a physical start.
Naughty naughty, not thinking about Lois. Tsk tsk tsk.

“Sorry. I, uh, something on my clothes poked me,” he said lamely.
Not going there. Not going there. Not going there.

He was at work! And even if he wasn’t, those thoughts were not appropriate! What was wrong with him?!
Oh, he *was*thinking about Lois. Just in a…different context. Maybe an … Arabian Nights context?

"It's perfect," he said, and it was, other than a misspelled word he quickly corrected with no comment.
Love struck Clark is adorable!

. "I don't think I, well, thanked you. You could have. . . ." She looked away with a blush. "But you didn't. Any other man I think would have with little or no reservations. I guess what you had said when we first met is true, you're 'not a typical male'. So thanks."
awwww

He wanted to kiss her right then and there, but they were at work, in view of their coworkers, and she had just praised him for having self-restraint
laugh

"Any man with a beating heart should be," he said before he could process, let alone censor, his words.
LOIS: You think Superman’s attracted to me? Wow. . .

He couldn't risk being in an elevator with Lois right then. Who knew what he'd do!
Did Cat use the elevator? Because then the cabin would be used to…things.

He smiled briefly before growing serious. "I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you, and I don't think I can continue to hide from you."
See, she should have put herself in mortal danger on a weekly basis. That way Superman would have realized his feelings that much sooner. Oh, wait …

She could remember bits and pieces of herself under its influence. She had grown more and more insistent with Clark and, from what she could recall, had even become rather forceful
Nah, no more than Cat is on a normal day at the office.

Of course, it wasn't as if she was opposed to his affections, but what would happen when the pheromone wore off? She wondered for a split second if she should tell him to leave, but then realized that was a horrible idea. The world couldn't see Superman like this!
So... taking one for the team? Keep him occupied?

"Oh." This changed things. It made them much more complicated, but somehow simpler.
Like…is he allowed to marry a human?

"I hadn't expected you to be so . . . sensitive," she breathed. "My sense of touch . . . it's just like my . . . other senses," he said, even as his hands rose up to touch her. She smirked, ideas blossoming. "Oh?"
She needs to be careful now.

And from there all conversation vanished and a pinnacle of bliss mingled with mounting pleasure overtook all sensation. O o O o O
oh…oh…oh… indeed. Also, and we’re off to the races

Looking forward to catching the next part. Just need to make sure to cover all the vignettes that are popping up, too smile1

wave Michael
Posted By: SuperBek Re: FDK: Impulse - 12/07/22 03:33 AM
I just read through this story, and I have to say -- wow! Difficult topic. Very well done.

I thought Clark's reaction to what Lois did was spot on, and I really liked how you approached her remorse/guilt --> self-reflection --> growth.

The conversation Clark had with Martha, also A+++. Martha always knows best! wink

Thank you for sharing!

-Bek
hyper
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 12/09/22 03:13 AM
Darth -- Thanks for the dense review! grin Glad you're enjoying it so far. This is without question the most 'heated' fic I've ever written. It was definitely a challenge for me, so it's always nice to read people's thoughts on it.

SuperBek -- ^_^ Thanks. I loved writing Martha. She pretty much writes herself. As for Lois, yeah, growth was vital here, because I knew if she didn't grow, a reconciliation wouldn't be achievable. Clark needed to see how much her mistake had cost her. Thanks for reading laugh And I can't wait to see more fics from you smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 02/21/23 06:33 PM
Hi Blueowl!

So sorry it took so long to get to Part 2. It really just been juggling all the new content and trying to only get one started story to fall behind and then the weeks passed by peep

and she was more than awake enough to make out the quiet, steady breathing beside her.
Your sneaky writer, you. Given the boards bright color scheme, I really didn’t expect them to fall into bed. Well, given the remarks, I kind of expected them that eventually, but not expected this early shock

All previous expectations she had had about Superman and being with him had been completely blown out of the water.
CAT: So, import, then?

As amazing as she had envisioned it all (and she had envisioned a lot!),
Lois! Not on the light side of the boards!

had been even better. Superman, Kal-El, had been better.
She really needs more points of reference. Maybe she should do Clark next.

Though, how could he not be? He was Superman!
I gather it was…super?

But other things had also been very different from what she had expected.
/Points at Centauri anatomy/ (see Babylon 5)

he also revealed how some of his abilities could be exploited into . . . vulnerabilities. Who knew his super sense of touch could cause him to become severely short of breath?
laugh
Luckily, most criminals wouldn’t exploit this angle.
Mindy, Toni, Toni: wave

much so that she had actually become concerned . . . before . . . !
…before demonstrating just how happy he was right then and there?

But all of that was secondary to one fact. She had been his first.
Yes, Lois, you got there first. No one scooped you on that one. Not Linda. Not Cat. Not Claude.

At the time, she had felt honored, blessed. . . . Special. But now. . . .
What if he develops an unhealthy attachment? Keeps hovering over her during her work?

How could she have done that?!
Three times, no less, too!

She had done exactly what the men she hated did.
Yes, but she’s still in bed.
LOIS: It’s my apartment. I can’t exactly sneak out. Unless I have a story. And need to head over to Clark’s. I could leave a note…

But her self-flagellation paled in comparison to her fear of how Superman would feel once he woke. How he would react.
Well…it’s morning. /Points at blanket/ See?

But there was nothing she could do now but wait.
Or take advantage again.

Wait and wallow in despair over what she had done as she tried not to imagine what the fallout would be.
She could tell him that it was a mistake.

What happened?
CLARK: I forgot? Nooooo!

How did this happen?
Too much of that green stuff. That Kryptonian Ale.

There wasn't a curse word strong enough for this situation.
“oopsie daisy”?

He could hear Lois' heart beating wildly, and he knew she hadn't moved an inch since he had woken. Almost as if she was . . . afraid.
Oh boy…

I would never consciously force---" "You didn't force me!" she cried, appalled he would think himself capable of such an act. "I--I didn't?" he asked, hesitating to hope. Lois quickly shook her head even as tears filled her eyes.
So, basically, the two peed in a pod? (sic)

Then how did we get here?'
/Gets out pen and paper/ see, this here is you…

Had she even tried to stop it?
LOIS: But he is such a strong man. How could I ever resist his …. charm.

He knew how infatuated she was with Superman, but surely she respected him enough to not let him cross that line when he had no control over himself, right? Apparently not.
/Points at double standard/

How long before she gave in? Surely more than one day
Does it count if I took a few days between reading?

He, himself, had withstood over two days before he had caved.
Again, double standard.

I can't believe this. Did you even try to stop things?
LOIS: Well, you are such a strong man…

His sonic boom echoed violently behind him.
Sooo…bad no-no?

Heck, he couldn't even completely identify his current emotions to himself.
“horny”?

All he could remember were extremely . . . well, he'd rather not think about it.
Let me draw you a picture…

His chances with her were now over. How could they ever get together now after this? Everything was broken.
He will revisit after one or two lonely nights.

If only he had reacted like other men! After all, how many men would have been perfectly fine with what had happened? Even proud!
It’s an unfair comparison. Kryptonian men don’t have a biological imperative. Just look at Superman who only became interested in women long after he had arrived on Earth.

She desperately wished she could go back in time. Change what she had done.
/Points at ‘H is for hubris’ by Pam J/

Was there a way to make this right?
Given Kryptonian tradition, it involves a slinky plastic dress and a leash.

But everything told her there was nothing she could do. She had utterly, irreparably, messed up.
I’m sure Superman will want to co-parent?

He couldn't reveal a hint of how torn apart he felt.
Lalalala… not going there! Lalalala…

He supposed he could use the pheromone as the reason, and he wouldn't be lying.
He could explain that he felt very uncomfortable with Lois coming on to him the way she did during the pheromone incident. It's best they no longer work together and with the Met Star having just come under new management…

But he had to stay, for the simple necessity of financial needs.
I'm sure Lex would hire Superman as his personal shield and go to guy for convincing people to sell to Lex or pay money for his inaction.

She felt extremely self-conscious and was certain her guilt was as blatant as a bright red stamp on her forehead.
There’s a lot of possibly fitting images in the net (I’m sure).

I so did not expect that exact turn of events, Blueowl. Great work clap thud

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 02/22/23 09:37 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Part 3

I just realized from the previous part, there is a not so favorable alternative to Superman’s outrage: he withstood Lois for 48 hours, but Lois gave in. It’s just not fair that he was meant to be the good guy and he might resent her a bit for that bit of torture.

Lois, I don't know what is going on, but you need to figure it out and fix it. You have not been getting after the stories the way you used to and your condition is rubbing off on Kent.
But those canine obits just don’t write themselves. It’s not her fault that it took three weeks to properly memorialize Fluffles, the mayor’s daughter’s pet poodle.

"Now, this seems to have started a few weeks ago. Did something happen with that pheromone you're not telling me, Honey?"
LOIS: No? peep

"I'll get it together, Chief. It's just some personal stuff. I didn't realize it was affecting my work so much, but it's now clear to me that it is," she said, forcing down her turmoil with herculean effort.
That’s morning sickness, honey. Don’t worry, it will clear up in a few months. Right before the sleepless nights start.

She left Perry's office, hoping she would find a way to get it together before too much longer.
laugh

He knew his mom knew something was wrong. He knew his dad did too, but what could he say?
Lois responded favorable to Superman’s advances and now Superman is annoyed and Clark is mopey.

Are you going to tell me what's going on or do I have to guess?"
Charades?

Yes. Such a horrible thing to create and use," she said.
There was a romcom in the 80s: Love Potion No. 9. Today, you’d call it a date rape thriller.

And I can't believe, after what had happened before, she would turn around and do what she did to me!"
She was still horny from unresolved…attraction?

A day, heck, even just one night! At least then I wouldn't feel . . . feel so . . . gah! I can't even describe it. Betrayed? Used? I don't want to say violated, but it's. . . . I don't know, Mom."
Would he feel less upset if it had been Clark and she had offered to continue the next morning?

Knowing Lois, I should be happy I got any apology."
And he wouldn’t even leave her a card at the office to identify her as one of his main squeezes. Just to make them even.

What Lois did was undeniably wrong and inexcusable, and you are completely justified in being angry with her. I'd love to box her ears myself right now, to be honest. However, I don't want you to hold on to that anger indefinitely."
He got over her stealing his story, too!

They have one in Europe, right?"
He could work with Claude and discuss their failed attempts at courting Lois.

The way they had been walking on eggshells around each other for weeks, and now that Perry was on her case for not 'pulling her weight'. . . . Something had to change, or she would break.
That’s what you call irony, isn’t it?

She couldn't face him, but turning her back to him felt wrong for some reason. So she kept herself turned so her right arm was always closest to him. She watched him from the corner of her eye.
clap

but . . . god, Clark, I did something so horrible to someone."
Yes, she’s supposed to not be very good at it, say all her former boyfriends.

If I were in their place, I don't think I'd ever want to be near someone who–"
/Points at Clark/

She closed her eyes. "And I'm certain I wouldn't ever be able to forgive."
Well, not sure if that helps or makes things worse.

. I just wish I could undo what I've done."
HERB: wave If Utopia were in danger, I’d intervene. Alas, all looks good for now.

She would cry tonight. They had work to do. O o O o O
The next Superman interview should be fun…

You sure weren’t kidding, there. I really do feel guilty making light of those great passages you graced us with clap

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 02/26/23 10:39 AM
Hi Blueowl!

On to Part 4…

It had been over a month, nearly two, since Lois had expressed her immense remorse to him.
Whoa, you’re stretching this out! clap so, what happened during Nightfall? And Project Shockwave?

He would have to go to her as Superman, but would he be able to handle that?
Which brings up another subject: how come she’s still alive? Given the lack of Superman rescues.
LOIS: And given the lack of Page One exposés.

If she had been in his position, having to pick up slack at work, she would have ripped into him from one side to the other before stomping on the remains.
Which is why things work.

why had he still been so nice to her during those first weeks of torture?
Hmmm…because he got secondhand information on what he’d missed? Nah, doesn’t work…

Unfortunately that was usually after finishing a whole pint of chocolate fudge ice cream.
So…she went up a clothes’ size?

Sure, she thrived on investigating cases that brought down the bad guys and helped the underdog, and she hated corruption, but she couldn't confidently say she was a good person.
So, the awards are just a nice add-on?
Lois: Yes. Yes! That’s it!

The best that she could hope for was for Superman to one day see she wasn't the person who had hurt him anymore. Maybe then he wouldn't hate her as much as he no doubt did.
And then she meets the missus.

Thankfully, she managed to snag a payphone without needing to be rude.
Here you go with the resolutions.

With her newfound conscience, she didn't want to revisit some of her earlier tendencies.
But…but…but, story!

He had just met with General Zeitlin and Professor Daitch as Superman.
Aaaahhhhh…Nightfall.

walked to his bed and sat down, still in the suit. He could die doing this.
A mind wiped Clark should be interesting.

The only thing that separated him from his younger self, appearance wise, was his hair style and fashion sense.
While his good sense regarding women hadn’t improved from his college days. He still falls for any leggy brunette with a penchant for danger that tumbles into his path.

while things that he had been trying to ignore or hadn't felt necessary to address right away were right in his face.
LOIS: Crap. Superman’s up there on the podium.

And hopefully she would have enough time to catch a snack. No doubt due to stress, she was snagging crackers and fruit whenever possible lately.
I’ll stick with my assumption from one parts ago – she’s so pregnant.

She made no comment on the corrections he made.
She really did break.

Both could destroy her.
Even more interesting: the could destroy her in tandem!

She couldn't read it.
Oh boy.

Looking forward to part five…oh wait evil

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/02/23 07:54 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Part 5

The radio was in his ear and the helmet was under his arm with the oxygen tank secured to his back
/Imagines classic space-age motive/

It had almost been as difficult to complete as the letter.
“rather hide in a hole in the ground and forget all about you and this entire mess”?

If not, he had created a few options his parents could initiate if. . . .
“Got hit by a meteorite while out on the field”
And
“ran off with highschool sweetheart”

Her eyes were wide, as if surprised he had noticed her, but then her surprise faded, as if remembering something. And then she just looked sad. Regretful.
clap Great writing!

"Stand by for the final briefing procedure," Ground Control said. "I know what I have to do," Superman calmly assured.
This entire sequence works also for Lois and Superman’s night together.

LOIS: Yes, I did offer guidance but he assured me he knows what to do.

Lois sensed a lot of people turn their eyes to her, but she felt completely inadequate to give them reassurance or any sort of verbal response.
At least she can now say that it wasn't her federal disaster that made Superman disappear.

No. Someone. . . Her hands were on his chest, her lips on his neck. Love filled him up and overflowed.
Oh boy, will that convince Clark of Cat’s statement about their relationship?

He opened his eyes, another scene coming to mind. He went to her, flying through the sky and coming to her window. Despite his exhaustion, he willed himself down from the edge of space. Down and away from the sun.
Oh that’s gonna be interesting. And what will Martha say about Lois snaring Superman again?

He fell. Fortunately or unfortunately, he wasn't aware when he landed. O o O o O
Oh boy. More tomorrow! hyper

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/02/23 07:58 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Onward, onward to Part 6!

However, there were no signs of Superman either. The scientists promised to keep looking.
CAT: The first time scientists would find something interesting in Lois’s bed.

She wiped her eyes, ignoring the mascara now all over her fingers and no doubt on her cheeks and under her eyes.
Awww, raccoon face!

She suddenly wished she had some alcohol. She didn't want chocolate fudge ice cream. It wasn't strong enough.
laugh

Her stomach was all out of sorts from her nerves.
Why alcohol wouldn't be advisable anyway.

She frowned and blinked in confusion as her eyes settled on something just in sight around the corner.
Did Superman drag in space dirt?

Her pathetic potted plant that should have been on her side table by her balcony window was on the floor and broken. Dirt was all over the place. How had it fallen while she was out?
Suicide?

A form covered in gray dust was sprawled out, chest down, on the floor beside the broken side table.
He did drag in space dust!

After everything, why did he come to her?
Yes, why would he come back to the place of the double standard?

"Superman, what do you need? Tell me what to do," she said desperately. He groaned and closed his eyes in pain. "Sleep," he mumbled.
LOIS: Sleep with you? Are you sure?

"Not normal. I'm not normal," he said, before closing his eyes. "So tired."
Maybe she should tell him that he’s dressed as Superman, not as her lover, so the doctors would know how to care for him.

Of course he wasn’t normal, he was Superman,
TEMPUS: wave

"Alright. I'll get someone here instead," she compromised, hoping he wouldn’t fight this, especially while he was laying limply, literally, in her arms.
Well, he didn’t the fight her the last time either.
SUPERMAN: hey, I certainly didn’t just lie there, limply, in her arms!

But who should she call for help? Who could she call for help?
Clark!

She frowned. For all of her contacts, she didn't have many in the medical field at all. Or at least one she would trust.
Lex! Lex would come and help!

No. Superman. Why are you calling me that?" he asked.
She didn’t want to presume with the intimate name?

"Superman," she said slowly. He frowned at the name. She pressed on. "Do you know who I am?" "Your name is Lois," he managed, but his uncertainty was blatant.
Looky there, she was so horrible to him, she’s the last thing he’ll remember.

Superman: No … I think she’s my…wife. At least that’s what explains those memories…

Lois frowned. "No, it's . . . Sup--Kal-El, what do you remember?" "Just . . . Just you. Sort of.
See? Wife.

Would his memories return?
Yes, after he gets naked again.

What would he do if they did?
He’s a muttonheaded dolt, so …

What would happen if they didn't?
He’d wonder where the little one came from.

"But . . . I'm filthy," he said, looking down at himself.
Yes, he’s a very filthy boy. He needs a sponge bath.

Afraid she would mess up again.
Yes, no nookie with the amnesiac. And no calling Dr Deter.

He took them gratefully, and she tried not to stare as she noticed the towel around his waist.
He looks so much like Clark at naked, I mean nine, doesn’t he?

primarily amazing rescues and him doing impossible feats.
Hey, when did they get the Lois & Superman sex tape?

"Oh! That must be Perry!" She jumped up and hurried to the door.
Yes, Lex wouldn’t knock.

See you in part 7 hyper

wave Michael
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/04/23 12:40 AM
Darth Michael - Glad you're enjoying the fic so much laugh And thanks for super reviewing ^_^
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/10/23 05:03 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Part 7!
Dr. Ngo was a middle-aged, asian gentleman. He was in casual attire but his posture was rather regal. He carried a large briefcase, and Kal-El suspected medical equipment was within.
I’m sorry, I just can’t help but flash to the first James Bond movie and Dr. No laugh

He inwardly winced. He doubted ‘Superman’ would greet anyone like that.
Yes, he usually does a slight dazed ‘yo dude…'

Superman felt a sudden rise in apprehension and he had no idea why. He suddenly felt hot and wanted space.
Alert! Doctor! Alert! Doctor!

"Do you know who the president is, Superman?" Dr. Ngo asked.
Kal-El: Trey?

"Dissociative amnesia. It's where you forget things about your life, and it can be all encompassing or only in certain areas," Dr. Ngo explained. "It typically occurs after an experience of overwhelming stress, such as a traumatic event like war, abuse, an accident, or disaster.
Oh no, he forgot everything connected to Lois!

"Keep him around people and surroundings he should know, discuss his life with him and be patient. Basic 'talk therapy' typically helps," Ngo said.
But Dr. Deter said to not mention the patient’s life. It’s important the patient remembers on their own. He even went to the trouble and established a seminar for amnesiac nubile women to help them rediscover themselves on their own. I’m sure his methods can also help Superman.

Often, memories return suddenly and completely, although it can come in bursts over time. Memory recovery can be triggered by something in the person’s surroundings or in therapy,"
Like when he suddenly remembers to feed the neighbor’s cat? And that he has a neighbor.

"How's your eyesight? Blurry or double vision? Spots?" Ngo asked as he moved on and used his penlight.
Boney. And Lois is not wearing any clothes.

Ngo hummed in thought. "If you were anyone else I'd take you in for an MRI or a CT scan, but I'm not sure we'd get any useful images
Yes, just very dense bone structure noticeable.

but I’m confident you’re on the mend and that sleep is safe for you. And actually, it’s probably the best thing you can do for yourself at the moment,” Ngo continued.
KAL-EL: so, sleeping with Lois is okay then?
LOIS: Yes! I mean sleep. Here. Not with me. Unless…?

"Well, I think all things considered you're better off staying with Lois, Superman," Perry said.
LOIS: hyper Come to mama!

Okay," he said. Maybe Clark could tell him more about his powers.
CLARK: What powers?

"Alright, we have a plan. Do either of you need anything?" Perry asked, looking at both him and Lois.
LOIS: Protection? I mean the doctor ordered it so I could get it on a prescription?

Or worse, if only the worst memories returned.
Yes, if he only remembered then in bed together…

“I’m . . . an alien?” he asked, his expression too blank for Lois to discern just yet.
Yes. Bug eyes. Grey skin. Some small appendages.

Technically, I suppose, but I don’t know of anyone who views you like that, at least in a negative way,” she said.
LEX: wave

there’s no other Kryptonians we could talk to?” he asked.
That’s right, he never told her about the wifey back home.

In his mind’s eye, he could feel her hands on his back before sliding up onto his shoulders. He felt her warmth against his bare skin, her lips on his flesh and her fingers in his hair.
Oh no, he does remember!

What he had remembered before, that had been real – he knew that now. They were together.
Stress relieve after rescues. It’s her civic duty.

Was she afraid of telling him too soon? Afraid it would ruin their relationship?
Yes, she’s secretly in love with him. Doesn’t want to scare him off.

Their lips barely met and bliss instantly surged, but before it could become more it was abruptly cut short with a gasp.
LOIS: help

“I–I’m sorry! I remembered something. I-I thought we were — I’m so sorry,” he stammered.
You know, this could be even more awkward if she had been with Clark and Superman remembers.

She walked out of the kitchen, leaving him alone. Alone with his thoughts and the cold coffee. O o O o O
mecry

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/11/23 05:01 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Part 8 hyper
I remember," he said finally as he smiled softly. "I remember writing this."
/Raises eyebrows/

"I remember other things. . . ." He startled, giving her the letter back. "My parents! I need to go. They don't know I'm really okay," he said.
laugh
Though wouldn’t they have heard the news?

"Did you drink the bad milk?!" she asked suddenly, aghast. "Oh, I, uh, I guess I must have. Sorry for finishing it," he said.
laugh butter milk!

He grinned. "Yeah. I remember how to control my powers again."
Which means Lois is now clothed again.

”Clark!” his mom cried.
Kal-El: confused
So, wrong home after all?

She enveloped him, and he instantly knew her arms were his sanctuary and his dad's hand on his shoulder was his anchor.
awwwww

"Clark, we didn't know where you were but knew you would come when you could after the Planet made that statement," she explained. "Are you okay?"
CLARK: sorry, spent the last day in Lois’s bed blush

"I'm going to tell her," he said with a deep breath. "Not telling her now would feel wrong."
And he can always take her to the farm if she threatens exposure.

. I don't know what she'll do when she realizes that what she did to Superman she also did to Clark,"
Depends, will she still have been on top? Since she likes that.

Clark nodded in agreement. "I'll tell her soon, maybe Friday, that way she at least has the weekend to hopefully come to terms with it before work Monday," he says.
Yes, that way she can hang out with criminals the whole weekend before someone misses her.

She sighed. She still wondered how much Clark knew and decided she might one day ask Kal-El. One day.
Oh this revelation will be such a relief for Lois. No more wondering just how much he told his buddy about the wild night with the stalker groupie.

The thought alone made her want to gag and she actually suddenly felt a little queasy.
/waves at the peanut/

It was astonishing to know this thin material had survived an impact that would have decimated the world.
Good craftsmanship. EPRAD will want to study the stitching to replicate it for their own space suits.

It likely is just stress, but I’ve seen too many instances of people waiting to get checked out only to discover something too late.
Yes. She wouldn't want to give birth in the Daily Planet bathroom. That would be to cliché.

not there was anything she should worry about.
Pregnant. Whether or not that's something to worry about is inconclusive.
LOIS: shock Let’s go with ’worry’, okay?

Dr. Marsh smiled. "Partly. One test did come back positive, which is likely the real cause.”
Yep. She tested positive for Kryptonian infestation. It’s normally benign, except for cases were the carrier transmits it to women other than Lois Lane. Then it can become extremely hazardous to the original carrier.

How was this possible?
/Gets out pen and paper and starts drawing a diagram/

Admittedly, she didn’t know much about pregnancy.
Nope.

Was there anything she should or shouldn't do?
No coffee.
No B&E. Not even for recreational purposes.
No dating Lex Luthor.
LOIS: so…bedrest?

Was her body even capable of providing what this child needed to develop properly?
As long as she takes lots of sun, she should be fine. And a sunny disposition is also recommend.
LOIS: help

What would Kal-El think?
That she was trying to pregnancy trap him?

But how was she going to tell him this? After everything. . . .
She could tell him that it's Clark's baby. He would even believe that it is the truth.

In a daze, she scheduled an appointment with an OBGYN Dr. Marsh recommended and left praying things would be okay.
Popcorn!

On to the final part!

wave Michael
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Impulse - 03/11/23 05:04 PM
Hi Blueowl!

Let’s see what you cooked up for the conclusion evil
Maybe he could go to her as Clark and assess the situation and then go from there?
That’s why she should have added a request to bring a jar of pickles and some strawberry ice cream to garnish the pickles.

Had he gotten her message? Had he spoken with Superman?
Yes and he was sent as the Kryptonian princeling’s consigliere.

Um, are you okay?" he asked.
/checks calendar/ yes, she’s 133%.

And then later she had just assumed his awkwardness was due to him likely knowing what had happened between her and Superman.
And it kinda was laugh

"The milk. It wasn't bad," she said, looking down, her brain for some reason latching onto that detail. "What?" he asked, so baffled, he couldn't help but chuckle at the memory of her reaction to him drinking her sour milk in his coffee and the absurdity of her bringing it up now.
Oh, that’s fun! She thinks the milk wasn’t bad. Doesn’t realize he’s used to more diverse flavors.

"Where?" he asked, even more confused by the random request. "In me," she said, before holding her breath.
Did she swallow one of Lex’s surveillance bugs?

"Do you, I mean, do you know what we should expect? I mean, with the pregnancy?" she asked hesitantly.
Well, there’s gonna be some mild floating…

"Then let's go to Smallville. The globe is there."
GLOBE DAD: Kal-El, my son. Now that you and your wife Zara are expecting your first child…

She cringed. Lord, she would have to tell her parents at some point.
She could say that it was the pheromones for both of them? Also, could probably sue for child support from Miranda.

. . To be continued in: Sol
Wheeeee!

That was a really fun ride, Blueowl! Looking forward to what you have cooking for the sequel hyper

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards