[Impulse]
Apr 2022
By Blueowl
Summary: A Pheromone, My Lovely what if. What if Superman had been affected by the concentrated spray and Lois hadn't shown much resistance to his advances? Consequences abound. Can this severe misstep be put right or is their relationship over before it really began?

Rating: PG-14

Alternative take on idea seen in different fic, Restraint.

ATTENTION–
Trigger Warning 1: Story contains intimate encounter (non-graphic) where one party is impaired and taken advantage of.
Trigger Warning 2: Story contains sensitive topics but are addressed in a manner that is as honest and respectful as possible.

A/N: This premise is definitely far from what I typically write, but this plot bunny was insistent and I decided to try to stretch myself. Also, to relieve some concerns, like all of my other stories, there is a happy ending!, it'll just take some time to get there.
A/N 2: Special thanks to KSaraSara who helped me flesh out the plot and story ^_^
A/N 3: Slight alteration, 'The Foundling' episode took place before 'Pheromone My Lovely'.

O o O o O

Chapter 1: Temptation

The police walked Miranda to the patrol car as his boots touched the runway. That had certainly been very close. She had nearly sprayed the entire city with the fully concentrated pheromone. He didn't want to even imagine an entire city on that at one hundred percent concentration, the Daily Planet on two percent had been enough!

He shook his head, his thoughts straying to Lois as he recalled one particular moment a few days before: when she had been running to him while in that white dress, throwing flower petals.

Dr. Friedman had said that for the pheromone to cause someone to 'fall in love' one had to already be physically attracted to whoever they were drawn to. That meant Lois was attracted to him, Clark Kent, at least a little bit.

He smiled as he turned, suddenly remembering where he was as his eyes settled on Lois who had just run up to him and said something. She looked at him expectantly and his heart swelled.

"I love you, Lois," he said softly.

He wasn't sure if she had heard him, but then she slowly approached, her eyes wide with joy.

"Oh, Superman. You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say those words. But--" she grimaced, "--You're not yourself. So I shouldn't take advantage of the situation . . . oh, what the heck?"

His confusion was instantly replaced with bliss as her mouth met his and the sound of her heart echoed in his ears.

After a long moment of ecstasy he tentatively pulled away as a part of him questioned whether or not he was dreaming. Everything no longer felt real as he became aware of someone incessantly tapping his shoulder.

"--Will Miranda be permanently. . .?" Lex Luthor asked, pointing at the deranged woman being loaded into the patrol car.

Why would Luthor care? he wondered, but he answered anyway.

"No, I diluted it. It'll wear off before tomorrow," he said. "There was less than one percent in what she inhaled."

"I see," Luthor stated, barely containing a sneer.

Clark ignored him. He was such an evil man. One day he would fall.

He blinked, his mind oddly cloudy as he refocused on Lois still against him.

He needed to return to work. He didn't want Lois upset with him.

"If you'll excuse me, Ms. Lane. I've got to fly," he said, smiling down at her before stepping back and launching into the air.
He made it to the Daily Planet with plenty of time to spare, which was fortunate; it gave him time to calm his thoughts and focus on writing up at least the portion of the article he safely could without making Lois question how he knew what he did. He didn’t feel it was worth using the typical excuse of saying he had spoken to Superman. Especially when he was having a hard enough time as it was with the odd pressure in his head. Having to lie and sound convincing didn’t seem within his capabilities just then.

He looked over when he heard Lois’ heartbeat, hearing it before she had even stepped out of the elevator. He closed his eyes and just focused on that wonderful, soothing sound.

“Hey, partner, ready to write an article?” Lois asked, suddenly right beside him.

“Oh! Yeah. I’ve actually started writing it,” he said, indicating what he had done so far. “What do you think?”

“Excellent!” she said, moving over as he slid back to allow her room at the keyboard.

He slowly inhaled, taking a moment to enjoy the smell of her hair and trace amount of perfume intermingled with her natural scent. Comfort enveloped him and he had to stabilize himself as a dizzying sensation swirled around him.

Whoa.

Clark stilled, part of him realizing what he was feeling was not normal, but another part of him didn’t care. This felt great! Just being near Lois was better than a full day in the sun! Oh, he wanted to be closer.

He blinked and suddenly realized he was slowly leaning toward her and edging closer into what he knew she would consider too close.

What was he doing?!

He straightened up and forced himself to breathe normally as she shifted back in the chair, oblivious to his growing desire to be closer to her.

“It’s incredible. Love without boundaries, without insecurities or hang-ups or reasoning. You could be swept off your feet by just about... anybody,” she said, rereading the article.

“Not just anybody,” he said softly.

“Anyone you have even the faintest attraction to,” Lois corrected, still not looking at him.

He hummed, but it wasn’t in agreement. His mind was dwelling on something completely different before he mentally slapped himself, which gave him a physical start.

“Clark! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Why did you jump?” she asked, glaring at him for startling her.

“Sorry. I, uh, something on my clothes poked me,” he said lamely.

He was at work! And even if he wasn’t, those thoughts were not appropriate! What was wrong with him?!

She returned to the article, thankfully ignorant to his thoughts.

"There!" she said, shifting away from him and motioning for him to read what she had added.

He beamed, all previous self-reproach evaporating as he looked over her words.

"It's perfect," he said, and it was, other than a misspelled word he quickly corrected with no comment. "I'm so glad Miranda failed and that you're okay."

Lois smiled at him, and his breath caught in his throat. She was so beautiful.

"Thanks, me too. This week has been one I'd prefer to forget, but considering everything. . . ." She grew flustered and he could hear her pulse quicken. "I don't think I, well, thanked you. You could have. . . ." She looked away with a blush. "But you didn't. Any other man I think would have with little or no reservations. I guess what you had said when we first met is true, you're 'not a typical male'. So thanks."

He wanted to kiss her right then and there, but they were at work, in view of their coworkers, and she had just praised him for having self-restraint. He smiled softly at her, a pleasurable sensation coursing through him as he allowed her thanks to fill him up.

"I could never take advantage of you, especially in that way. Caring for someone means putting them before yourself. Be that someone a friend or more," he said, continuing to stop himself from reaching out to her.

"And when you offered yourself once I woke up?" she asked teasingly, her eyes soft.

"Everyone has their limits," he said, heat suddenly rising in his cheeks.

She laughed and playfully hit his chest with her hand.

"So you lied earlier. You are attracted to me," she said pointedly, but there was no heat in her words.

"Any man with a beating heart should be," he said before he could process, let alone censor, his words.

She blushed so hard her ears went pink and she hurriedly returned her attention to their article. "Okay, sending." She clicked the mouse and sent it to Perry.

"Well, I think we can definitely call it a day," she said, standing up.

He nodded as he allowed his eyes to run over her back when she turned away from him. He imagined his hand brushing against her smooth skin, down from her shoulder, along her spine to her--

What was he doing?!

He closed his eyes and turned his head away.

"Yeah, I need to get home. I have a few things I have to do this weekend," he said gruffly.

He needed to get away from Lois before he did something she wouldn't like!

Lois nodded as she faced him. "Me too."

Did she look disappointed or relieved?

Both?

He blinked. "Have a good weekend, Lois."

"You too," she said.

He made a beeline to the stairs. He couldn't risk being in an elevator with Lois right then. Who knew what he'd do!

He needed to cool off.

After making sure no one could see, he shot up into the sky, blurring into his uniform. There. He was now away from Lois and away from any chance of making a fool of himself or somehow hurting or upsetting her. He did not want to disappoint or frighten her by displaying unsolicited advances after she had just thanked him for not being a typical male!

He needed to go talk to his parents because something was happening to him. Could he have been affected by the spray? He hadn't been before, but then that had been such a tiny concentration. Maybe he could go someplace and sleep it off?

He glided numbly over Metropolis, flying much slower than his norm.

What was he doing again?

He wondered what Lois was doing. Did she have any plans this weekend? He should have asked before he left.

Maybe he could drop by and say hello. She liked whenever he came to visit her, and after the day/week she had, maybe it'd be best to check and make sure she was really okay. Even though she faced death more often than most didn't mean she was used to it.

She had almost died.

Again.

If he hadn't heard her in time. . . .

He felt sick and changed course.

He approached her building and allowed his senses to stretch out, quickly triangulating on her location.

She had just entered her building and was on her way up to her apartment. Eagerly, he waited for her to close her front door before he shot to her window.

*Tap-tap*

He didn't have to wait long for her to hurry to the window and open it for him.

O o O o O

Lois was still a little frazzled by her conversation with Clark, but she figured it was to be expected. She wasn't used to such compliments and on top of that the past few days had been rather turbulent.

It was a good thing it was the weekend. It would give them both a few days to put the awkwardness behind them.

She unlocked her front door and stepped in before turning back and re-locking all the bolts.

One could never be too careful.

*Tap-tap*

She instantly recognized the sound and inwardly squealed in glee.

She hurried to the window.

"Hi, Superman," she said shyly, instantly thinking about their recent kiss.

"Hi, Lois," he said, stepping in as she closed the window behind him.

He sighed softly as he looked at her, and she was struck by the emotion in his eyes. Completely unguarded and earnest.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

Was he upset she had kissed him?

"I wanted to see you. Earlier, if . . . if I hadn't heard you, you would have. . . ." He frowned and shook his head. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright after everything."

She blinked at his concern. "I'm alright, thanks to you." She smiled. "Again."

He smiled briefly before growing serious. "I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you, and I don't think I can continue to hide from you."

Lois couldn't believe what she was hearing. It was a dream come true! But. . . . She frowned as Superman looked down and rubbed his forehead.

"Hide from me?" she asked, confused.

"How I feel. I love you so much!" he said, stepping toward her and touching her shoulder as he leaned forward.

His lips met hers, but instead of the intense, shearing kiss they had shared before, this was soft and gentle, tender and loving.

He pulled back and smiled dreamily at her.

She gaped at him as she came to the only conclusion she could. Holy. . . . He was still affected by the pheromone!

“Superman, I think the pheromone . . . Miranda’s 100 percent solution must be affecting you,” she said, growing nervous.

She could remember bits and pieces of herself under its influence. She had grown more and more insistent with Clark and, from what she could recall, had even become rather forceful. What if Superman lost complete control of himself like she had with Clark?! Unlike Clark, she wasn't stronger than the one attracted to her!

Of course, it wasn't as if she was opposed to his affections, but what would happen when the pheromone wore off?

She wondered for a split second if she should tell him to leave, but then realized that was a horrible idea. The world couldn't see Superman like this!

Superman blinked, straightening. "What? It is? But I've always loved you. It's not making me love you, I promise!" he declared, mortified.

She hesitated. Hearing him re-declare his love for her was like a dream . . . but. . . .

"I believe you feel that way, but -- gosh, I can't believe I'm saying this! -- it's not real. You've essentially been drugged, Superman. The same stuff that made the Daily Planet drunk on love has affected you as well - probably because it's at its most concentrated form. I need you to try your best to fight what you're feeling, or at least do all you can to push it down. Acting on what you're feeling while you're not yourself. . . ."

"Fight what I'm feeling? But I've loved you since the moment I first saw you, Lois! I can't fight what I've been doing for months!" he said fretfully.

"You've really loved me for that long?" she asked, now confused about what to do.

Sure, the pheromone had made her exaggerate her feelings toward Clark, but they had never made her lie or concoct stories about how she felt or did before the pheromone. So . . . maybe his love was genuine.

He nodded, pleadingly.

"Oh." This changed things. It made them much more complicated, but somehow simpler.

"You had to have known," he said softly when silence began to stretch between them.

"Well, I suppose I had suspected and certainly hoped . . ." she admitted.

And then he was right there. She felt his warm lips on the back of her hand before planting kisses up her arm and to her neck!

She couldn't believe this was happening.

It felt so wonderful and, pheromone or not, his declaration of love echoed gently in her ears.

"Super-Superman," she gasped.

He pulled back, and she could see concern in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I move too fast?" he asked.

"No, no, you just took me by surprise," she said, straightening up while realizing he was kneeling beside her chair and holding her hand. When had she sat down?

The scene was very surreal if she was honest. With his cape fanned out behind him, resting on the tile floor, he was gazing up at her, waiting.

"Why don't we move to the couch?" she asked, even as she silently questioned herself.

What was she doing?

Before she knew it they were on the couch, kissing for all they were worth. They flopped over, and she found herself on top of him as he gasped as her weight settled on him.

She was surprised she had elicited such a reaction from him, and she felt a surge of power that was as addicting as it was pleasing. She kissed his exposed neck, nipping at his skin, and she was astonished when she felt goosebumps instantly pepper his skin as his breath quickened.

"I hadn't expected you to be so . . . sensitive," she breathed.

"My sense of touch . . . it's just like my . . . other senses," he said, even as his hands rose up to touch her.

She smirked, ideas blossoming. "Oh?"

"It's also . . . because it's you," he said, closing his eyes. "I can identify you by your heartbeat alone or find you in the midst of a thousand people by just the smell of your perfume and shampoo. And I can quickly spot you across a busy street," he explained, opening his eyes again, dilated with need. "I don't know why. It's not like this with anyone else."

All thought was focused in that moment, sparing no care for tomorrow or awareness of the hours before. What could compare to this?

"Oh, Superman, I don't know what to say," she said, unable to fully believe this was real. He was more romantic than her wildest dreams!

They kissed again, and she was suddenly struck with a thought.

"You never did answer me before. About your name. What were you called on Krypton?" she asked, even as they continued exploring. "Can you tell me?"

He slowed down his movements, and at first she was concerned that she shouldn't have asked, but then he smiled. "Kal-El. That's my Kryptonian name."

"Kal-El . . ." she said, testing out his name.

He shivered in pleasure and she wasn't sure of the cause. Surely it wasn't simply because she had said his name?

"Later, I'll show you the globe my parents, Lara and Jor-El, left me," he said.

"The globe? The globe that had been stolen?" she asked, instantly recalling that mysterious object.

He nodded. "I'll show and tell you everything. Everything I keep secret from the world. I promise," he said, sealing his promise with a kiss.

And from there all conversation vanished and a pinnacle of bliss mingled with mounting pleasure overtook all sensation.

O o O o O

Please let me know your thoughts ^_^ : Comments

Last edited by Blueowl; 04/05/22 09:26 AM. Reason: Added A/N 3