Lois & Clark Forums
Got some aftermath, got some angst, got some romance, got some interesting no-reason-for-it conflict. What more could a FoLC desire?

Oh, right, maybe a link to the song, in case it's not familiar.

Happy feedbacking!
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK: Veterans of Foreign Wars 19/25 - 07/24/20 12:34 AM
Cat presumably thinks Clark is going to tell Lois about being Superman... but I wonder what Clark thinks Cat thinks he's going to say.

I love the line about "Tell me again. Pretend I've just had a major shock."

Much resolution! The secret revealed! The question almost asked! Lois starting to think that maybe she is worthy of human relationships!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Veterans of Foreign Wars 19/25 - 07/24/20 02:01 AM
She kissed his hand again. “Every couple brings their joined pasts into the relationship, but being Superman’s wife, even if that’s not your primary identity, has to be a heavy load of baggage to carry around.” Her head nestled against his shoulder as she embraced him again. “And I’ve got more than enough emotional baggage for both of us.

That's true. But If Lois can get past this hurdle, than she can learn to handle the rest. So glad they had a decent conversation. The angst factor was driving me crazy. dizzy
Time for the next chapter! But first, feedback!

Amy, Cat might have been hinting at Clark confessing that he was Superman, but neither Clark nor Lois has any idea Cat has those suspicions. My intent was that Cat would warn Lois about Clark's pending avowal of love so obliquely that Lois could easily misunderstand his intent. And yes, Lois has traveled more of the recovery road than she had when we first saw her in chapter 1.

Morgana, I'd like to apologize for the angst, but I did this deliberately because plot reasons. We'll get it sorted out a little better in the next chapters.

One of which is coming up in moments! Yay!

© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards