Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/20/19 05:13 AM
Just a little something to pass the time while the Northeast gets pummeled by snow.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/20/19 01:48 PM
**muffles inner musings quiet** The turning point as trust is given. Nicely done.
Posted By: LadyTpower Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/20/19 01:53 PM
please Clark use this trust to take your restart in live
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/21/19 12:16 AM
Trust had to start somewhere, and I'm glad it was Bruce who made the first move. He and Lois are really the two adults in the room, since I'm convinced this Clark has at least up until now been stunted in his emotional and social development. In this chapter he's had a roller coaster of emotions, in addition to adjusting to the changes in his environment.

I'm enjoying how you're taking him one step at a time into making decisions, and having Lois and Bruce guide him. Actually fairly gently at this point, considering how he hurt them in the past.

And he has a lot to think about. Lois hinted and Bruce was a bit more specific that Clark's cooperation could lead to something other than his execution. Hope and thinking of a life outside his prisons - both now and in Lex Tower - is a new concept for him. I'm glad they're giving him some time to consider their advice.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks for the early posting!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/21/19 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
**muffles inner musings quiet** The turning point as trust is given. Nicely done.

Hahaha! And who knows where that trust might lead! wink
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/21/19 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
please Clark use this trust to take your restart in live

It's certainly going to give him some food for thought! And it's no small matter for someone to trust him. Hopefully, he makes the right decisions going forward.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/21/19 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Trust had to start somewhere, and I'm glad it was Bruce who made the first move. He and Lois are really the two adults in the room, since I'm convinced this Clark has at least up until now been stunted in his emotional and social development. In this chapter he's had a roller coaster of emotions, in addition to adjusting to the changes in his environment.

I'm enjoying how you're taking him one step at a time into making decisions, and having Lois and Bruce guide him. Actually fairly gently at this point, considering how he hurt them in the past.

And he has a lot to think about. Lois hinted and Bruce was a bit more specific that Clark's cooperation could lead to something other than his execution. Hope and thinking of a life outside his prisons - both now and in Lex Tower - is a new concept for him. I'm glad they're giving him some time to consider their advice.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks for the early posting!

No problem! I was (and honestly still am) worried about the potential for power outages in my area, so early posting was a must!

You're absolutely right. Bruce and Lois are the adults in the room. Clark is very much stunted in a lot of ways, thanks to his short leash in Lex Tower. But he's growing a lot under their watchful eyes, faster than he probably ever even imagined. That's why it kind of had to be Bruce to offer the olive branch, so to speak, and take the collar off. Clark needs that gesture to stop growling at his captors long enough to really listen to them, rather than just resenting them. It gives him a good place to start thinking about what his life could be like, if he decides to trust them.

Glad you're enjoying the slow evolution in Clark. It was a lot of fun to watch him grow, develop, and blossom throughout the course of the story.
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/23/19 01:47 AM
OMG, Clark has never been kissed!!!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Reconstructed Life (14/22) - 01/23/19 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by SJH
OMG, Clark has never been kissed!!!

Ha! More than that! Thank goodness he's found a Lois to fantasize over. wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards