Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 04:36 AM
Please enjoy this random shower thought. smile
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 04:58 AM
Ha ha ha! You are welcome to share random shower thoughts any time you want, DC! I love this! You perfectly captured Clark's joy and relief, I found myself grinning along with him as he flew, expressing his exuberance. That last bit though, I love it. His hair was kinda long to be professional there at the beginning. It reminds me of the snarks I've read about Clark's long hair after the death and return arc during the 90's, which made me laugh even more.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit, I always love your writing. smile
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 06:15 AM
Haha, hahaha, hahHahahahahahaha!

rotflol clap

Oh my God. I'm dying. I one hundred percent believed Clark's pov this whole time, never doubted once. In fact I thought it was very sweet, adorable, and apparently a little naive of Clark to be so excited. I thought it would mostly be introspective, adding some color here and there to the interview...

*bangs fist on the table, laughing so hard*

Well done, DC. You for sure got me. I think I was as flabbergasted as Clark in this. Brava!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 01:02 PM
Mulletman! Mulletman to the rescue! Mulletman saves the Space Station! Mulletman exposed from his bad haircut! haha

**bangs fist on desk laughing uncontrollably**

rotflol clap

Bad haircut ruins everything!
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 03:01 PM
So, our dear Lois isn't galactially stupid after all.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 04:45 PM
HA! You got me! laugh Nice twist at the end, there, although it makes me wonder who else would have noticed. Maybe Cat? She's pretty fashion savvy...
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/09/18 11:04 PM
LOL! I never would have thought of the mullet giving Clark/Superman away. That was great!
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 02:00 AM
LOL!!!!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Ha ha ha! You are welcome to share random shower thoughts any time you want, DC! I love this! You perfectly captured Clark's joy and relief, I found myself grinning along with him as he flew, expressing his exuberance. That last bit though, I love it. His hair was kinda long to be professional there at the beginning. It reminds me of the snarks I've read about Clark's long hair after the death and return arc during the 90's, which made me laugh even more.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit, I always love your writing. smile

Haha, thank you! It's actually pretty funny how many fic ideas start off as random shower/kitchen/driving thoughts. My muse loves to wander when I'm doing other things.

Glad you liked the story and that Clark's joy rubbed off on you. And I'm glad I could take you off guard, the way Lois took Clark off guard. His hair is so obvious - maybe that's why he cut it a few episodes into Season 1? wink

Thank you for reading!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Haha, hahaha, hahHahahahahahaha!

rotflol clap

Oh my God. I'm dying. I one hundred percent believed Clark's pov this whole time, never doubted once. In fact I thought it was very sweet, adorable, and apparently a little naive of Clark to be so excited. I thought it would mostly be introspective, adding some color here and there to the interview...

*bangs fist on the table, laughing so hard*

Well done, DC. You for sure got me. I think I was as flabbergasted as Clark in this. Brava!

Hahaha, yay! Glad I took you off guard with the punchline. When I tought (randomly) about his hair, it struck me as odd that it wasn't a dead give away for anyone. Glad I could give you a laugh!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Mulletman! Mulletman to the rescue! Mulletman saves the Space Station! Mulletman exposed from his bad haircut! haha

**bangs fist on desk laughing uncontrollably**

rotflol clap

Bad haircut ruins everything!

Hey, we've always poked fun at the mullet. It was high time it became an important plot device! wink

Thanks for reading!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by SJH
So, our dear Lois isn't galactially stupid after all.

Not when she's being observant. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
HA! You got me! laugh Nice twist at the end, there, although it makes me wonder who else would have noticed. Maybe Cat? She's pretty fashion savvy...

Ooooh! You make an excellent point...That could be bad for poor Clark. Maybe Lois talks him into cutting his hair?
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by Annie B.
LOL! I never would have thought of the mullet giving Clark/Superman away. That was great!

Thanks! I thought it would be something different - at least, I don't recall having read the revelation happening due to his unfortunate choice in hairstyles. wink
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/10/18 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
LOL!!!!

Glad I could make you laugh! smile
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/11/18 06:12 PM
Delightful
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/12/18 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful

Thanks so much! smile
Posted By: Lady Loisette Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/12/18 05:52 PM
Oopsie! Maybe he should have thought about hiding his hair when choosing a disguise. goofy
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/13/18 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Oopsie! Maybe he should have thought about hiding his hair when choosing a disguise. goofy

Hehehe, yep! But, on the other hand, maybe it's what pushes him over the edge to finally get the short cut!
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/14/18 01:56 AM
LOL! Hilarious and original. rotflol
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/14/18 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by jackiek
LOL! Hilarious and original. rotflol

Thank you! Glad you liked it! I haven't seen a hair reveal before and thought it could be fun. smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/21/18 06:45 PM
DC you have done it again:

Clark was so happy in the beginning and then that long hair ruined the secret! Yay, Lois! thud Seeing right through the disguise will save a lot of grief.

By the way, I always liked Clark with slightly longer hair. Ah, my Warrior King ...

Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 07/23/18 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
DC you have done it again:

Clark was so happy in the beginning and then that long hair ruined the secret! Yay, Lois! thud Seeing right through the disguise will save a lot of grief.

By the way, I always liked Clark with slightly longer hair. Ah, my Warrior King ...

Haha, you know me. I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to pull the rug out from underneath Clark. Or, at least it feels that way sometimes. :p

Thanks for reading!

(I do prefer Season 2 and 3's hair, for the record. Season 1 was a bit long early on and Season 4 went SO short!)
Posted By: Millefeuilles Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/11/18 11:05 AM
rotflol
Oh my GOD! I really didn’t see it coming! LOL.
Clark’s POV is marvelously evocative: one is really drawn into his enthusiasm... only to fall flat on one’s mullet!
Lois: 1 – Clark: 0
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/12/18 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
rotflol
Oh my GOD! I really didn’t see it coming! LOL.
Clark’s POV is marvelously evocative: one is really drawn into his enthusiasm... only to fall flat on one’s mullet!
Lois: 1 – Clark: 0

Haha! Thank you! Glad I could give you a surprise ending! smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/19/18 11:48 AM
Hi Vicki!
Clark rejoices over the fact that he wasn’t recognized at his first rescue as Superman, and prepares to give Lois the very first Superman interview.
I just realized, did we ever have a story where Lois was actually less than impressed by Superman’s debut. Mainly thinking of him as yet another guy being a guy and trying to show he is just so ‘super’?

He’d be hounded by every reporter in the world and expected to give them all quotes for their articles.
What if he started to quote fortune cookies, and only fortune cookies?

Reflexively, she sucked in a sharp, surprised breath when she caught sight of him. Unfortunately, a Lo Mein noddle
did it flap around, splashing against her nose?
LOIS: eek

worked its way down her throat in the same moment, and she wound up coughing for a few seconds while she tried to compose herself.
LOIS: Better. I guess…

“I heard you’ve been looking for me,” he replied with a gleam in his eye. Just that morning, Perry had – once again! – lectured his reporters about the importance of being the paper to snag Superman’s first interview.
Oooh, what if Linda King had arrived earlier and Clark had given her the first rescue and interview?

But there are hundreds of other amazing reporters all over the world who could also do your story justice.”
shock You let Clois out to play early, didn’t you? [Linked Image]

“Everything,” she said breathlessly. “But, um, perhaps you’d be more comfortable talking in the conference room? Where it’s a bit more private?”
Private? They kind alone, so…she doesn’t know, does she?

“Okay,” she said after a long minute. “I guess the first question is…how long have you been Superman for, Clark?”
[Linked Image]

“How did I know?” Lois asked, as if to clarify what he’d been trying to say. “It took me about thirty seconds to figure you out in the rocket.” She grinned, as wide and bright as the Cheshire Cat. “Clark, it’s 1993. You’re the only person in all of Metropolis sporting a mullet.”
laugh

That was quite unexpected!

wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/22/18 04:48 AM
I just realized, did we ever have a story where Lois was actually less than impressed by Superman’s debut. Mainly thinking of him as yet another guy being a guy and trying to show he is just so ‘super’?

Eeep! Don't poke the muse! She's busy with an antiverse! wink

But seriously, I haven't personally seen that angle.

Or movie quotes! devil

did it flap around, splashing against her nose?
LOIS:

lol

Oooh, what if Linda King had arrived earlier and Clark had given her the first rescue and interview?

Lois: I'd be in jail for murder.

Private? They kind alone, so…she doesn’t know, does she?

Clark: (ignores the Klaxxon alarm sounds)

That was quite unexpected!

Always happy to hear I pulled off a surprise! Thanks for reading!
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/27/18 04:04 AM
rotflol rotflol
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/28/18 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
rotflol rotflol

Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Splitting Hairs (1/1) - 08/28/18 06:21 PM
Hi Vicki!

Eeep! Don't poke the muse! She's busy with an antiverse!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Probably should get to that one some day smile Right now, short one are so much easier to fit in huh

Or movie quotes!
Because he learned English from movies. Also explains how he acts with Lois.

Lois: I'd be in jail for murder.
laugh [Linked Image]

Always happy to hear I pulled off a surprise! Thanks for reading!
Always a pleasure!

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards