Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Doranwen FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 05:39 PM
Yay, I start a comments thread, lol.

And ooooooooooo . . .

OK, at the end--*finally* we see Luthor. And oy--what a place to leave! Just after swearing on the channel that you would *never* leave us with awful cliffhangers. :p

And the pain, the pain was tangible. Lois' pain at Clark's betrayal, Clark's pain at her rejection . . . very well done!

And . . . I'll leave the rest of my FDK up to Krafty's excellent skill, since she always seems to say what I wish I could--10 times more eloquently. wink
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 06:15 PM
Interesting writing style! But it definitely works for me and for this excellent story. razz

Oh no!! wink

~Julia wave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 06:18 PM
In the doorway, blocking Clark’s exit was her very stunned ex-fiance.
Oh CRAP!!

Dang, why does Lois gotta be sooooo mean??? You did it good too. Felt like I was standing in a blizzard for a couple of seconds.

Anyway, keep it coming!! thumbsup and here's to hoping Lex gets a punch to the face.

TEEEEEEJ
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 06:55 PM
Hi,

Great part. hyper
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 06:58 PM
Very painful! mecry It's so clear that both of them are talking with their emotions shredded and not with their rational brains. She's not taking in what he's telling her - including the fact that he almost died and that it had something to do with her - and he's not taking in how much his lying hurt her. frown

At least she didn't want him to leave!

But now look what you've done! Lois calls Superman Clark just as Lex arrives! wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wendy wildguy
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 07:15 PM
Please tell me that Lex didn't hear Lois call Superman Clark...Get back here!! hyper
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 07:35 PM
Oh... My... Wow...

Not only is this an incredibly powerful story, but you seem to have a talent at picking the absolutely most evil place to end each section!

This is just awesome!

More, soon, please? How about early on Tuesday instead of late? Or even on Monday? Or Sunday? Or NOW???

Irene
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 07:46 PM
Oh please please please David post it all by Wednesday. I'm going back to work on Thursday and it drives me nuts and getting more of your wonderful story would certainly help with my mood. smile

Now of course you need to find a proper way to kill Lex. He can't know!!!!!! eek

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Incognito Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 07:58 PM
“I gave it all up for you, because of you,” her voice wavered, “and you’re not even real.”
Heartbroken. I'm just heartbroken.

The pain is very tangible here. She loves him, but is deeply hurt by his secretiveness.

Really lovely writing, David. I like the sparse style.

Can't wait to see how they (you) sort this out.
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 08:41 PM
Wow! Now that was just painful but of course in a good way. laugh I agree that you can't post soon enough and I'm all for finding new ways to kill Luthor.

Jackie
Posted By: JenniJac Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/20/05 11:25 PM
I can't believe I didn't post fdk for the first part...but you know how much I love it right?

Your style of writing is great! Something about it really makes stand out as great, its...its impact writing! Less is truly more it seems. How do you do that? notworthy notworthy hail

Anyways I have to go - but I wish I could write as well as you!

And I swear I'm not at all smug about the fact that I've seen the next part...why does no one look like they believe me? hehe!

/me runs away, hugging the file with the fic in it, giggling and yelling: "I love it! I love it! I lov...
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 01:27 AM
Another solid part. Honestly, the sparse style isn't my thing, but that's just a personal preference, I guess. The subject matter is still great, though. I don't recall many stories where Luthor is around for the aftermath...and another mean cliff-hanger!! goofy

Jen
:p
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 01:29 AM
David

WOW! So powerful and poignant! evil I hope he didn't hear Lois. eek

I can't wait to read more. Please post it before Wednesday morning (Aussie time). I leave early on Wednesdays and don't get home until late. Otherwise I may have track you down and pay a visit with shears and a pitchfork. wildguy wildguy

Tricia cool
Posted By: Fearless Monkey Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 02:09 AM
hmmm very interesting.

I dito Irene, that seriously was an evil place to end it.

smile
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 06:13 AM
Finding Lex at your door is like discovering a snake in your shoe. It's nothing if not sobering. Lois and Clark can now fight with Lex, not each other.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 11:56 AM
Holy Canoli David! get back here and finish this! More soon. Poor Clark! Lois he needs you! Lex, Oh noooooo! Ack! LAura
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 03:25 PM
Wow, lots of emotion in this and soo painful for both of them!

Then Lex is at the door! HOLY!! shock

~Liz
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/21/05 05:58 PM
Wow! I mean...wow!

More!

Yvonne

PS: Love the title. Love the style.

PPS: The sparseness of this feedback is in direct homage to David's most excellent style. wink

PPPS: And if you believe that, you'll believe anything.
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/22/05 03:32 AM
oh my... wow! This is amazing! And what a cliffhanger.. please continue, asap!!! smile1

Awesome story so far smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/22/05 07:05 AM
Okay, skimming these comments is killing me because I don't have time to read this segment right now. goofy

Just posting to say I haven't lost interest - may take me a day or so to get the free time to catch up, but I'll be back! Looking forward to it!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/22/05 11:02 AM
Sorry, angst isn't my favorite, so I sort of skimmed this part, but you are totally evil to leave us where you did, which is all I can expect of one of your talent.

More soon please.

James
Posted By: Dave Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/23/05 08:44 AM
Remind me to kiss whoever it was that came up with the idea to support the new "talent" wink

Wow smile

I never expected I'd get such a positive response! Thank you, everyone, for the FDK.

I promise I'll be back with a decent response when I'm not about to fall asleep, but I'll sum up my reaction for now:

*ahem*

OMG!

WOW!

and laugh

And... I'd like to point out that part 3 is going up a whole hour and a half early, so there's no need for pitchforks or shears... especially not shears, right Tricia?

Right.

/me puts on his shear-proof-jumpsuit... Please don't kill me!
Posted By: Seme Re: FDK: All the King's Horses 2/4 - 08/23/05 09:28 AM
WoWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Great Job!
Had me at the edge of my seat
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards