Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 05:10 AM
To all you people who wanted a sequel.... I hope you're happy now goofy Personally, I blame Sara Kraft.

Thanks, Wendy, for doing a quick beta job last night smile

PJ
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 05:32 AM
I firmly believed this sequel was not needed. Absolutely, positively, in no way necessary, because the first was so unique, how could you match it?

And was I ever wrong!! Loved this, loved this, loved this. Did I mention the love? sloppy

Most of all:

Duty had better not call. It might get an answering machine.
Wonderful.

And the observation about how much he enjoyed waiting in line at the restaurant. Not something you would ever do once you're super famous.

Well. Now that you've written the perfect sequel, I'm thinking it would be nice if you just expanded this to about...20 parts. Ok?

What if I say 'Please'?

CC
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 06:28 AM
Rats, CC, I was going to highlight that line, too - most definitely my favourite. smile

This was great, Pam - just as good as the first. Clark had a nice mix of uncertainty, humour and just enough confidence to kiss the girl at the end. Perfect. smile

Yvonne
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 06:51 AM
I was going to highlight that line, too.. guess it's a favorite laugh

Absolutely wonderful. I wasn't expecting to see a sequel, but I'm SO glad there was. Are you going to continue with this? Cause, you know, I'd love to see Lois come back to Metropolis as herself. wink
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 07:19 AM
Pam, I totally agree with everything everyone has said (loved that "answering machine"!!!)

You're in for a total ALt-Clark Alt-Lois fic now. You just can't stop now.

That was chapter 2 of 20? 25? parts.

Wonderful!
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 08:18 AM
Hi

Pam, I agree too with everything everyone has said loved that "answering machine" laugh

And now that you are writing more, ejenmm, please write other 20 or 25 parts, hehehehe, pleaseeeeeeeeee grovel

Great, great,great,great hail

Karla
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 09:01 AM
I wanted to pop that kid.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 09:23 AM
I think everybody's favourite line was the answering machine one. goofy Just inspired!

Like others, I didn't think the original needed a sequel, Pam - but then you came along and wrote one which was just perfect. thumbsup And thank you for showing it to me last night - it was just what I needed at the time. smile

What do I love about it? Well, the humour throughout is terrific. thumbsup Love Clark's self-deprecating air and Lois's not-so-subtle management of him. And the kiss, of course. And, most of all, the delicious symmetry of both of them being in disguise.

Totally adorable!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 09:38 AM
Yep, the answering machine was my favorite, too. So now do he and Lois keep their Lyn and Joe disguises when they want to go out together? That would make a neat secret identity for him when he doesn't want to be Clark smile .

Anyway, nice job. Now you see how easy it is to get hooked into sequels. laugh

Nan
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 09:40 AM
Speaking of sequels, Nan... wink I was re-reading Supercop yesterday for Kerth purposes and wondered what progress you've made on the promised sequel to that... wildguy

(Sorry to hijack your thread, Pam wink )

Wendy smile
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 10:11 AM
Also with apologies to Pam, Right now I'm working on Home V and working on details to the sequel to Suspicions. Supercop is going to have to wait in line. <g>

Nan
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 10:18 AM
WOO HOO!!! We got a sequel! Hehehe.
Looooved the story pam! And the answering machine part cracked me up. I can go to work happy now. YAY!

Rach
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 11:00 AM
Loverly!

I like when Lois er..Lyn bosses him around and he doesn't even realize it. Nice work!

And a smoochie at the end?? Clark's not the only one with a grin on laugh

~Liz
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 01:18 PM
Just caught up with these two stories, and all I have to say is [Linked Image] .

That would be me melting into a happy puddle about now! I really enjoyed them both!

Jen
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 01:25 PM
*Ahem* Excuse me?! I don't even recall being the first to mention a sequel! *How* can *I* be blamed for this?!

/me huffs off to pout...

I shouldn't even leave feedback. razz

Fine! Fine! I'll leave feedback. ;P

So, maybe, if I'd never even heard of Lois Lane, I'd still have fallen for Lyn Drozny.
Awww, sweet theory. smile

She reaches out to lightly touch my arm. "It's okay, Clark. I'll be there."

How does she do that? "Okay, then."
AWWWWWW smile smile

She rescues me from the verbal quagmire. "Clark, I know that flying with you means you holding me. It's okay. I've decided you're not an obsessed lunatic, remember?" She flushes slightly and smiles. "And I've got to say -- I've kind of been looking forward to flying with you."
Awwww!!!

"I can't believe I was fooled by a pair of glasses." The irony is staggering, but I won't get into that topic yet.
goofy )
Posted By: sheilah Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 01:43 PM
I'm another one who didn't expect a sequel because the first story was such a perfect little package. But you managed to make an equally perfect, complete partner for it, and when I finished, I wasn't left starving for more. I felt ... satisfied. I had needed to see Clark's hope, not only for the love he's been waiting for, but for a possibility of something like a normal life at times, and you gave it to me. Seeing both L&C from the inside, I'm confident that they'll be okay, so, thanks.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 02:15 PM
Everything I want to say has been said.
Basically:
- I didn't think a sequel was necessary...
- ...yet, I loved this second story...
- ...and now I think I wouldn't mind a third either.
- I loved the answering machine line laugh
- ...and the ending was awesome. thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 05:26 PM
Pam

WOW, this is excellent. smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: RL Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 10:13 PM
I, too, didn't think it needed a sequel but who am I to complain if Pam wants to write more? wink

My favorite sentence in this story isn't the same one others thought, but rather is this one:

"...I've got to be the very last person you'd ever expect to show up in your office."
I thought this was great since it further reinforces why the disguise works, just like nobody in our universe expected Superman to "dress down."

And you took my suggestion and even paraphrased my sig! Cool. smile

Keep 'em coming.

P.S. I'm sure Lynn M. wouldn't complain too much if you added another 'n' to Lois's disguised name. wink
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 10:52 PM
Ditto. laugh

What? Everyone already said what I wanted to -- picked out my favorite line; commented that it hadn't needed a sequel, but this was wonderful . . . All that's left is for me to echo everyone.

And do my best to post first, next time. goofy
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/05/05 11:29 PM
Yep, lovely little sequel, although I prefer the first fic as a standalone. And yes, all my favorite lines have already been quoted. Except for "pumpkin." He's never going to get away with that twice. goofy

Hazel
Posted By: NearlyNoelNeill Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/06/05 09:04 AM
Yeah. What they said. thumbsup

Sherry
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/06/05 09:14 AM
smile1
Posted By: L Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/06/05 05:42 PM
Add about 80 more chapters and make this an epic. More to be told, and you tell so well!!!!

But grudgingly agree that it's okay to leave it at this too... if you want to... I guess...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/07/05 06:42 AM
If this were a series, I'd be posting it to my schedule.

TEEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/07/05 09:03 AM
Wow, again -- thanks for the responses, FOLCs smile

I firmly believed this sequel was not needed. Absolutely, positively, in no way necessary, because the first was so unique, how could you match it?
Yeah, CC, that was my position, too, but then those darned ideas started pestering me again... smile

I'm really tickled everybody liked the answering machine line help peep

Thanks, y'all smile

PJ
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/07/05 12:47 PM
Wonderful next installment...how about some more?

I mean, the options are endless...

James
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/07/05 05:16 PM
wow what more can I add to this praise? It was adorable, wonderful, sweet, cute, nice, waffy and I loved it. Laura
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/08/05 09:31 AM
Oh wow, what a sweet, waffy, cute PERFECT sequel to such a wonderful story!! I love that he knew it was her! Because now I'm reading the first story again, knowing that and it makes that take on new meaning and makes it just a little more wonderful!!

Very nice!! smile1
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/08/05 12:42 PM
Hi,

Great story. hyper
Posted By: tipiwoman Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 02/09/05 03:55 PM
Ya know, I keep reading stories where Alt Lois doesn't like Alt Clark. I wonder why not. But HERE, HERE we see the REAL Lois, the one she is really deep down inside. She falls for Superman when she sees him on tv the first time. Just like our Lois does. Only she gets to go for the guy at his office cos she already knows who he is. It sure saves a lot of time and angst. My kind of story!

I think if I just pasted every sentence as my favorite line, it would suffice, don't you think?

Excellent sequel. I'll just keep checking the boards to see part three when it arrives!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Date with Lyn - 06/29/08 07:35 AM
No big revelations of course, but all the waffy fluffy LnC stuff we all love. And the little girl recognizing him laugh

clap

Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards