Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mariadferdez. FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 04:07 PM
Hi,

Interesting start. hyper
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 04:48 PM
This will be very difficult for Clark to get out of.

That fact that he allowed her to 'unburden' herself to him, and she allowed him to see her emotional collapse, will make it very hard for him to ever tell her the truth. She will have to hate him for what he's done.

The only out he can use is his insistance that Clark *is* dead and therefore there was no reason to tell her 'the truth'. Though she won't see it that way.

Nope. No way for a happy ending here.

Tank (who thinks that's a refreshingly different take on TOGoM... no happy ending)
Posted By: Quel Lane Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 05:50 PM
WOW, Wendy and Kaethel smile1 I want to know what will happen next ASAP!!!!

Great part Wendy and Kaethel, you're just great writers! thumbsup

Raquel (who doesn't agree with Tank because she wants a happy ending laugh )
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 08:54 PM
OMG!!!!!!!

You two are great writers!!!!!!!!!

Please continue ASAP ´cause I can´t wait for the next part.

I want a Happy Ending too but I can´t see how this could be possible.

Lois is gonna kill him......Oh Yesssssssssssss

Karla
Posted By: metwin1 Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 10:08 PM
Great beginning. I have to go with Tank though. Perhaps you both can write the first TOGOM rewrite that didn't end happily. twins
metwin1
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 10:30 PM
Oh Wow. Clark is in big trouble when he comes clean. Laura
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 10:43 PM
After That kiss, how can she not know she'd stepped in the same river twice?
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/15/04 11:16 PM
Whee!!! smile1

P.S. W, you have written too many ToGoM fics... why don't you try with a little less written ep like... eh.... Smart Kids evil

/me ducks spider
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 12:04 AM
TOGOM! I smell angst!

**dances**

That's all I've got for now at 2 in the morning.

Looking forward to more!
JD
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 01:16 AM
Let me guess: they will make love, and Lois will wake up horrified after betraying Clark...
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 03:43 AM
I have read my shares of TOGOM rewrites and they were all well-done. And this one looks to be just as great writing as all the others. It's a new premise and one that makes me hop up and down in my chair with excitement.

I can't wait what's going to happen next, and, to be honest, I have no idea.

To Tank: there's always a chance for a happy ending. The question is only how many thousands of parts it will need to get there! laugh At the worst give Lois a few years and she'll get over the 'betrayal'... Everything is relative... :p

Sira - smile1
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 03:56 AM
Woah! Now *this* is an interesting twist!

The funny thing is, when I read this, I started imagining what might come next. In my mind, I saw Superman/Clark murmering something to the effect of how he can't go through with it, how he loves Lois, how he can't believe she actually loves him, bla bla bla, then Lois realizes Clark is alive, kisses him some more, and we have a happy ending!!

I see I am in a minority of one here, as everyone else is convinced there is nothing but chapters and chapters of angst ahead! Ok, I guess realistically, that does make more sense. I can't help it, I'm just a hopeless romantic.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what comes next!

- Vicki
Posted By: Bethy Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 07:12 AM
Yay! Yayayayayay! You posted!

Oh, this is great. I love the way you just dive into the scene, really getting us into Lois's head. Especially the exasperation at him 'protecting' her! Funny how things can change so quickly...

Woo-hoo for Clark! You go, dude! Tell her how you feel! But...um...next time you might not want to croak immediately after, okay? Just a bit of advice. wink

Seriously, though, I can't wait to see where you two take our poor suffering friends. I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot of pain before that happy ending.

Bethy
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 09:06 AM
Ack! Me too-- I can see the potential here for lots of angst. (Sigh... I'm not as fond of angst as some you other Folcs are...)

I do, however, agree with Raquel and SJH-- how could she not know they're the same man after that kiss-- much more emotional (and probably more intense) than any other kiss they've shared in either of Clark's guises? How can he kiss her so passionately and stay in Superman's character? He's heard her say she loves him-- how can he not tell her he loves her "too"? How could she not murmer Clark's name and he not respond to that?

I can still see a lot of angst ahead, in the form of Lois' reaction if (when? grovel ) she finds out. And I agree with Tank about the only way out for Clark is probably his certainty that "Clark" is dead.

But I really love TOGOM rewrites-- almost as much as Nightfall rewrites (especially if either involves revelations), and I particularly love happy ending ones! So that puts me squarely in agreement with almost everybody else in hoping (begging?) for a happy ending.

~Toc
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 09:48 AM
Just dropping in quickly to respond to one point - I'll let my co-author respond to the thread as a whole in due course. smile

SJH said, and what an image! goofy
After That kiss, how can she not know she'd stepped in the same river twice?
ROFL! goofy

So I don't see that this kiss would be any different. Although... since I don't intend to give any of our plot away, I'll just add that who knows? My partner's evil enough to do just about anything. wink

Thank you all for your wonderful comments so far! Kae and I have been reading them and doing jump with delight.

Wendy smile
Posted By: KathyM Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 11:48 AM
Well, I agree that even though she's kissed Clark before doesn't mean that she's going to figure it out, since those kisses were under quite different circumstances and Lois wasn't "swept away by passion" quite like this.

But there were 3 kisses, don't forget - the first one was on the plane in SVFAP just before Trask threw her out.

And now that Lois has realized that she loved Clark too, subconsciously she may realize the connection...there are certainly any number of ways that the truth is going to come out, I imagine that Clark will probably get himself in a lot of trouble before the end of this story, and I'm looking forward to it immensely. (But, unlike Tank, I'm expecting a happy ending...)

Kathy
Posted By: Simona Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 03:12 PM
clap clap clap clap

What I'm trying to say is

mecry Poor guys!
There is so much pain here that everything is possible in this moment, so I'm looking forward the next post (coming very soon, isn't it?)
Great work, Wendy and Kaethel!

Simona smile
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 05:51 PM
Ok,Clark Kent loves Lois Lane. Superman loves
Lois Lane. Clark Kent is Superman.Lois Lane kissed Clark Kent, who is in love with her. Lois Lane
kissed Superman, who is in love with her.and she with him (I think) Lois Lane kissed the same guy more than once and never thought something was just a little strange? I have a head ache.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 06:57 PM
Kathy, you're absolutely right - I did forget the kiss in SV. Bad me goofy

Plus, she's out of her mind with grief... not the best time in which to think rationally... mecry

Wendy smile
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 08:31 PM
Hmmm... you've got a good point. But being out of her mind with grief, couldn't she just sob his name a little? And couldn't Clark respond directly to that?? Even though he's supposed to be Superman instead of Clark at this particular moment? That'd probably really tick her off. From [almost] all-consuming grief to all-consuming rage faster than the 2004 Dodge Viper can do 0-60 mph (less than 4 seconds).

Hmmm. Maybe we should let you guys write it, after all goofy and then we can just sit here on the edges of our seats, angsting right along with them, and badgering you two for more. goofy

~Toc
Posted By: Julie S Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 09:26 PM
Oh, I've been waiting for this since one of you let it slip on IRC. <g>

This part is incredibly poignant - I feel both their pain. frown

I must say, though - maybe it's fanfic that corrupted me to the belief that nothing good ever came out of Lois kissing Superman without knowing the secret, but I have a bad feeling about that.

I don't suppose the revelation can be quick and painless? <g>

Post again soon, you two! wildguy wildguy spider

Julie smile
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 11:04 PM
I'm sorry Wendy, I could'nt help myself.I've been without sunlight too long. Carry on. smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/16/04 11:46 PM
Clark was dead.
Is it pathetic that I'm sad even though I've experienced this so many times before? blush

The only man who had ever really loved her was...

Gone.
*sniff* I'm not sad...really I'm not.

Lois, the woman he loved. Lois, the only woman he’d ever loved. Lois, the only woman he would ever love. Now, he could never have her.
Sure you can! See Clark, I'll save you a world of trouble right now... just go to her and whisk her away as Superman and then tell her who you are. Trust me on this one, Clark. wink

That was why he’d said it - told her, once more, that he loved her. Knowing that he would have to pretend to be dead, that Clark Kent could never again be anywhere near Lois Lane, he hadn’t wanted his last words to her to be anything else.
Awww!! *sniff*

Spinning into the suit, he took off full speed towards the South side.
Okay...so far so good, Clark. wink

Without thinking, he walked into the club. He heard an officer call to him, but ignored it. Lois was there. Lois needed him.
Awww!! Though I have a feeling she might be mad at him.

Without thinking, he walked into the club. He heard an officer call to him, but ignored it. Lois was there. Lois needed him.
See!

“You weren’t there!”
Very powerful scene! razz

And then they were kissing. Deeply, madly, passionately, as their tears mingled and they shared their grief for the loss of their friend.
Um.... ACK!!!!

See, Julie told me I had to read this:

<JulieS> have you guys read Whisper From the Dying yet?
<KSaraSara> no... haven't gotten there yet
<KSaraSara> it's awesome, right? smile
<JulieS> go read, i need to rant <g>
<KSaraSara> aww...
<JulieS> it is. but they're gonna get nagged <g>

Dang right, Julie!!

Wendy, Kae!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

You CANNOT do that!!

Okay, but seriously, I love the direction this is taking... well... sort of. I see WAY too many tears in the future. And I take back what I said earlier, you're both equally evil!!!

You'd better be posting the next part soon!!

Sara
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/17/04 08:50 AM
When??????????

We still waiting....

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

When I love a Fic I just Can´t waitttttttttttt

Sorry, Karla - I just edited your post because your pleading was making the thread too wide to display properly. goofy Not that Kae or I have any problem with you wanting to read more! wink
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/18/04 01:24 AM
Kaethel & Wendy

WOW, this is excellent. A very original TOGOM rewrite! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: dundan8 Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/18/04 11:51 AM
Ok, tear jerker from beginning to end, dizzy

Otherwise, I liked the angle. Very, tear jerker mecry

Is this the lead up to a revelation story?
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK:Whisper From the Dying-Part 1 - 11/18/04 12:23 PM
Whoa!!!!!! hyper When we started writing, we were excited about the premise and the possibilities it gave us, and so we're thrilled that you guys are excited about it, too.

Right. Lots of speculation as for where we're taking you. The kiss seemed to elicit a lot of comments, actually: why did Lois and Superman kiss? Is he going to pull away and tell her the truth? Or run away? Is Lois going to slap him? Or keep on kissing him? Will she recognise Clark just from kissing him? Can this one have a happy ending?

Well, without giving too much away, we can reassure you on the happy ending part - you know us. That should be enough to tell you whether this one will end well or not. wink

As for the rest, we can give you the now famous "RAFO" (Read And Find Out).

Right, time to post the next part! Let us know what you think. smile

Wendy and Kaethel smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards