Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/14/11 04:40 PM
smile1 Please tell me that this is in responce to my Christmas Challenge! Because it fits it so nicely.

It's slow and romantic and wonderful! A must read for Christmas! Thank you. hyper And here I was just thinking that we wouldn't get any Christmas stories this year.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/14/11 06:18 PM
Hi Sue,

If this is what comes of you having a spare hour, I wish you had spare hours more often. Most enjoyable!

I especially liked:
“I think your being alive is present enough.”
and then this:
“You can consider it your present to me, if you’re still determined to give me something.”
WAFF indeed!

There’s some hanging up right now outside Perry’s office.
Then what are they doing walking *away from* the DP building? wink

She was suddenly nervous at the thought of kissing Clark. What had she eaten for lunch?
laugh

Since you asked about errors, I'll point out that 'was' should be 'way' in the following:

That was I can bring a new plant to work on January 1 and get started on ignoring it to death.”
Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/14/11 08:30 PM
Sue! I am sending you a sprig of Mistletoe for this lovely little fic. May you be kissed a lot from all the people you want to kiss! sloppy Here is one from me! Beautiful and sweet little story. Laura
Posted By: shimauma Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/14/11 08:51 PM
Lois sighed at the soft touch of his mouth on hers. He took her lower lip between his in a sensual pull that made her entire body feel heavy.
*shivers* drool ...and that is why you deserve everything on your wish list this year, Sue!
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 06:49 AM
How sweet!

Joan
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 07:41 AM
Virginia – Thanks! I’m glad you loved it. blush Please see my response in your Christmas Challenge thread. As far as getting more Christmas stories, I’d bet by this time next week there are plenty of them to savor.

Lynn – It’s not just having a spare hour, it’s also having even a half-baked idea to write about. More and more these days, I don’t seem to have much to say. frown Thanks for the mini-beta. I had actually caught that one and fixed it before you posted, but I must have done it while you had the story open. laugh

Laura – Hey! Here’s hoping I get all the kisses I want this year. <fingers crossed> I can cross you off my list now. wink

TEEEEEJ! – It’s so awesome to see that you’re still hanging around! I’ve been meaning to email you for ages, but I’m terminally lazy. Does thinking about you count at all? sloppy
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 09:02 AM
Aww that was just what a needed this morning. Just love it, so very sweet.

Jackie
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 12:31 PM
She’d had a particularly vivid dream the night before that had featured saving Clark from a lonely Christmas morning.
thumbsup

There was no one else like him, no one else who had ever made her feel that safe and cherished – not even Superman.
Yay!!!

She already knew what she was going to give him for Christmas next year – assuming she could wait that long before kissing him again.
<breathes a happy sigh of WAFFiness>

Loved this story! Great job on it!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 04:50 PM
wave
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 06:46 PM
“To kiss Ralph? Yeah, I think that would disgust me.”
*giggle* I'd pay to see this. Miranda's new & improved perfume in the form of scented mistletoe? lol
Posted By: shimauma Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 06:49 PM
clap notworthy I wish I could buy you Dean Cain for a day. sloppy

TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 08:35 PM
Really nice.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/15/11 08:46 PM
party Yay, a Christmas Present from Sue!!! Don't make us wait a whole year for more, like poor Lois thinks she has to!! love hail
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/16/11 07:51 AM
It's like Christmas came early -- more feedback! wave Thanks for the love! Right back at ya!

Thanks again to everyone who's taken the time to comment. You guys continue to rock my world! sloppy
Posted By: stephnachia Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/16/11 08:01 AM
Yay! A Sue fic!!

I LOVE their playful banter. I LOVE the complete WAFFiness. I LOVE the sweet yet sensual kiss. Perfect! You know this is my fave type of fic. The sort of denial/sexual tension/new relationship stage. /happy sigh. Thanks. smile
Posted By: EmilyC Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/17/11 06:30 AM
Sue!

All I want for Christmas is the next line, "Hi"... But I digress, wink

“Would it disgust you if I took advantage of some mistletoe?”

“To kiss Ralph? Yeah, I think that would disgust me.”
Hee! and Yay! I think I know where Clark is going with this one. So glad that he opted for a much more romantic setting.

In the expectant seconds as she waited for his kiss, Lois remembered how it had felt to be held by Clark. She remembered the solid comfort of his arms and chest as he had slowly rocked her on her kitchen floor. There was no one else like him, no one else who had ever made her feel that safe and cherished – not even Superman
*happy sigh* Love this and the very sweet ending. Lois definitely shouldn't wait another whole year, I suggest she start a new MLK Day tradition. laugh

Just b/c you wrote this wonderful, little Christmas gem does not mean you're off the hook for the other... sloppy
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/17/11 02:09 PM
This is exactly the kind of fic I love to read at Christmas, thank you! And being a Sue fic makes it that much better!

So how can we help you find more spare hours in your day? smile

(You can hardly blame us for being so needy, it's just that your stories are addictive!)

Amber smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/19/11 02:11 PM
clap

I give a proper sendoff to the plant I’ve managed to kill that year.
clap

That way I can bring a new plant to work on January 1 and get started on ignoring it to death.”
clap With Lois, that’s quite the possibility.

“Because it’s a poisonous little plant that people string up all over the place for the holidays.
*G*

I have to be careful not to go past it when Ralph’s in the vicinity.
clap

What had she eaten for lunch?
Double pepperoni pizza with extra garlic and anchovies?

Her heart pounding with anticipation, Lois could only nod.
It does sound kinda romantic.

He took her lower lip between his in a sensual pull that made her entire body feel heavy.
thud

“Merry Christmas, Lois,” he whispered. A snowflake landed on her cheek and he brushed it away.
Awwwwwwwwww

She already knew what she was going to give him for Christmas next year – assuming she could wait that long before kissing him again.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

What a great Christmas gift, Sue! But, how does she go from that to Lex?

Michael
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/22/11 07:32 AM
I was also very excited to see a new Sue fic up! Just very sorry I couldn't get to it earlier!

This was awesome and I even loved the "extended" kiss version too hyper
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 12/22/11 09:12 AM
All I want for Christmas is... wait! I've got it! A new Sue fic! Woohoo! [Linked Image]

Sue, your fics should come wrapped in beautiful paper with a bow on top. They are true gifts. It was sweet and perfect for the season. [Linked Image]

Andreia (hoping you have more spare hours to give us more gifts like this)
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK - All I Want (For Christmas) - 01/14/12 04:22 AM
Sorry I'm so late to respond, Sue, but I did want to tell you how much I enjoyed this little piece. What a wonderful, WaFFy Christmas ficlet! It was so full of the little details and witty banter that make your 'little bits of fluff' so satisfying.

I love how you start with a classic Lois denial of her feelings...

Lois told herself she was only holding his arm so tightly because the sidewalks might be slippery, but the truth was she that enjoyed the possessive nature of walking with him this way.
and then take us right into some fun teasing.
“I clean out my drawers and organize my desk. I give a proper sendoff to the plant I’ve managed to kill that year. That way I can bring a new plant to work on January 1 and get started on ignoring it to death.”

“Have you ever considered getting a fake plant?”

“Sure. But where’s the fun in that?”

“Wow, a real plant killer.” Clark shook his head in mock horror. “I’ve heard rumors about people like you -- I just didn’t want to believe they were true.”

“Oh, the rumors don’t even come close.”
Then the characters walk perilously close to admitting how much they mean to each other, only to have Clark tease and Lois pull back to defend herself.
“I’ve been trying to think of something to get you for Christmas. I mean, what do you give to the guy who saved your life?”

“Three times,” Clark pointed out with a grin. “I saved your life three times in a single twenty-four hour period.”

Lois lifted her head from his shoulder in mock-indignation. “Says you. The way I remember it, you only saved me twice. Be happy with twice, Clark. Not even Superman has saved me twice in one day.”
I love that Clark was bold enough to suggest a kiss for his present and Lois' reaction to it. You have such a way with words, putting me right there visually ...
A solo saxophonist was playing “Silver Bells” as they passed through the arcade beneath the terrace, the music echoed off the beaux-art tiles.
and emotionally...
Clark started to lean closer and Lois closed her eyes. In the expectant seconds as she waited for his kiss, Lois remembered how it had felt to be held by Clark. She remembered the solid comfort of his arms and chest as he had slowly rocked her on her kitchen floor. There was no one else like him, no one else who had ever made her feel that safe and cherished – not even Superman.
and...
A snowflake landed on her cheek and he brushed it away. The tenderness of that faint caress sent a wave of longing through Lois that wasn’t at all sexual.
Happy sigh.

I hope we don't have to wait for next Christmas for another kiss, either.
sloppy

B
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards