Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: BrenRen FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/18/11 05:34 PM
Feed me, Seymour! Any and all comments lovingly treasured for all time to come! Thanks!
Wow, I really, really like this. I was a bit worried at first because I'm one who--apparently a minority--believed Clark when he said Clark was who he was and Superman was what he could do...but you blew me away with the way you cataloged the different facets of the complex man who is Clark Kent, the whole man.

I think you really captured the voice of Lois Lane, and I love so many of the phrases peppered throughout this piece. My favorite is the one about how he's not too good to be true; he is true and good. But I liked so many others that it's hard to pick them out.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/18/11 08:13 PM
This was a cute rambling of Lois's mind. Nice! Laura
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/19/11 12:25 AM
I loved it! smile1

Right from here at the beginning:
It takes one hell of a woman to handle three husbands. And I am, without a doubt, one hell of a woman. Hell, it takes three husbands to handle me!
I love this side of Lois.

And I love the way she sees her three husbands. clap

Bob
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/19/11 05:25 AM
Very nicely done! smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/19/11 02:19 PM
I really like how you have Lois sounding a bit proud of herself, a bit cocky almost at having 3 men, but then it turns out that it is really her knowing what she has and how blessed she is to have Clark! clap
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/19/11 08:18 PM
Great job with Lois' voice.

I love that she's acknowledged her former crush on Superman:

He was a real-life superhero fantasy… and he swept me off my feet, figuratively and literally. How on earth was I not supposed to get totally carried away with him?
Joan
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/19/11 10:46 PM
Very cute, Bren. smile I like the distinction Lois makes among Clark's various "personas". But, of course, her Husband deservers his capital letter, since that's who is he when he's alone with her -- his true self, the one only three people ever really get to see. Nice. smile

Kathy
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 03/20/11 07:34 AM
That was cute and so Lois (or, at least, how I'd imagine Lois' ramblings in her mind would go like!)

clap
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: It Takes One Hell of a Woman - 04/25/24 12:25 PM
I love this story! It does take three husbands to keep up with Lois Lane.

Isn't she glad the blinders finally came off?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards