Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Thread Like Summary
JadedEvie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by JadedEvie
JadedEvie
Hello! Part 2 is freshly edited and posted.

I'm still my own beta for this whole story, so I'd love to hear thoughts on what's making an impact and if anything's unclear. It's my first story in this universe, so I'm still feeling it out!

The story began here: Undercover Reporter (1/3)
And continued here: Undercover Reporter (2/3)
The final part will be up around the weekend or Monday.

Thanks for reading!
Liked Replies
by Terry Leatherwood
Terry Leatherwood
This is really good. We get to see Lois at her investigative best, Superman protecting her, and some very near misses in the secret identity sweepstakes. Clark almost forgot what Suit he was wearing more than once, and Lois's subconscious is nudging her to make that connection. It's a tossup as to how she'll react when the truth blossoms in her mind - plasma-hot unreasoning fury or passionate relief or something in between. Maybe even both at the same time - she's that talented. I'm looking forward to the third chapter when all this gets resolved.

Or does it?

nitpick: digital cameras don't use film
1 member likes this
by Morgana
Morgana
He didn’t look like he believed her, but he didn’t reply. If she didn’t know better, she’d think he was intentionally trying to wind her up.

“I wasn’t! Please, I have a little more faith in you that that!” she said, condescendingly. “Honestly, you’re acting exactly like —“

The air left her lungs.

Clark. She’d been about to say Clark.

She closed her eyes against the slash of pain that lanced through her collapsing chest.

The interplay between them is amazing and painful. The words are so crisp and paint a picture that is so powerful it feels like Part2 of TOGOM. Lois shouldn't be Mad Dog Lane and Superman really needs to be Clark again. How will this be resolved with only one chapter remaining? huh
1 member likes this
by Blueowl
Blueowl
This was awesome. The interactions and feelings :3 cry
I really liked the snippets of teasing amid uncertainty, especially as Lois sees a side of Superman she doesn't believe she's seen before (but has).
I'm really curious to see how this is going to end....
1 member likes this
by Ultra Woman
Ultra Woman
Another thrilling part. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, hoping she would make the conection.

I have to highlight this quote:

In this new colder, colorless life, missing Clark was the best part of her day.
This line was so powerful and poignant. It's as if her life has become so unbearable that drowning in sorrow is a reprieve. whinging mecry

We only have Lois' POV, but I imagine it was also incredibly hard and painful for Clark. He misses their friendship, their routine and their partnership. He is with her, but at the same time he is not, because Superman is not Lois' partner. sad
One part left!? shock I'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap this up in a chapter. hyper

Andreia
1 member likes this