Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've decided (as a Reader) that the boards have been looking a bit bare lately (other than a few never-ending epics... [Linked Image] ), so what I've been thinking that what we need is a monthly challenge. Each month there will be a different "theme" and all stories should be posted to the boards within that month. I've already issued the first one (and I admit, it was a bit vague):

APRIL Comedy Challenge

This is what I've come up with for the remaining 2013 months (I'm giving you some advance notice, so you can get those grey cells working):

MAY\'s WAFF(y) Challenge or my not so vague No Way Out WAFFy Challenge

JUNE\'s A-Plot Challenge or my not so vague Member of the Jury Challenge.

JULY\'s Reveal Challenge or my and John's not so vague Season Three Reveal Challenge

AUGUST\'s Thrills and Chills (Make Clark/Superman Sweat) Challenge or the flip-side of that coin (since Queen of Capes didn't think of it first) Make Lois Save Clark/Superman Challenge

SEPTEMBER\'s Exotic Locale Challenge or my more specific Daily Planet Team-Building Retreat Challenge

OCTOBER DeathFic Challenge or Alternative Deathfic Challenge

OCTOBER Evil Lois and/or Clark Challenge or Evil Co-Star Challenge

OCTOBER Halloween Party Challenge

NOVEMBER/DECEMBER\'s \'Not Your Usual Holiday Story\' Challenge

Advice for Writing a WAFFy Story .

Reveal Ideas: 100 Ways to Reveal Clark\'s Secret or 100 Ways Clark Reveals His Secret (from canon)

Ideas to make Clark Sweat: MPD 100 Codes - RE: Lois Lane

DeathFic (non-serious) ideas: 100 Ways to Kill Superman

If you would like to volunteer to write up the rules for one of these Monthly Themes, please volunteer here. Or shout out ideas, and I'll write up the theme challenge.

Also, if you know of any other links for ideas along these themes, please let me know and I'll add them to the list.

EXTRA CREDIT: You will receive an extra sloppy from Lois or Clark (your choice), if you also then send your posted story to LabRat at the Archives before the end of the following month after the Challenge.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This is what I've come up with for the remaining 2012 months (I'm giving you some advance notice, so you can get those grey cells working):
Have you just taken a time trip with Tempus? You might want to double-check the year...

A fun idea, whatever the calendar may say...

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
This is what I've come up with for the remaining 2012 months (I'm giving you some advance notice, so you can get those grey cells working):
Have you just taken a time trip with Tempus? You might want to double-check the year...

A fun idea, whatever the calendar may say...

Joy,
Lynn
What? Wait. It's 2013??? When did that happen? Geez!

Thanks. blush

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have a rule for the reveals: No amnesia inducing kisses are allowed. However Clark doing the reveal to a post amnesia Lois is allowed, but no getting out by amnesia kisses.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have a rule for the reveals: No amnesia inducing kisses are allowed. However Clark doing the reveal to a post amnesia Lois is allowed, but no getting out by amnesia kisses.
Duely noted, John. I'll include it as a rule, but I must say I can only remember one revealation fic which included such a kiss in near memory.

I have an idea already for June's A-Plot challenge, but as it's less than a month away until May, I'd like to post my WAFFy Challenge this weekend. Any suggested parameters we should set for that one?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a cool idea! I'll *try* to make the November/December one. I have an idea for a holiday/Christmas fic. I'll see if I can get it written before the babies come.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
What a cool idea! I'll *try* to make the November/December one. I have an idea for a holiday/Christmas fic. I'll see if I can get it written before the babies come.
What? You're not going to write circles around me this year, even with a babe on each arm? I promise it won't be difficult with me tied up on my epic to sink the boat. wink I believe between us we had more than 20 (if not 30) stories on the boards last year. laugh I hope you do write your holiday fic. It's never too early to write a holiday fic, the hard part is holding off until the holidays to post it. I have an idea for the "not your usual holiday" challenge parameters, which I can let you in on early if you like, but it looks like you already have an idea for a story. laugh

I have also come up with a well-used, but fun, idea for the WAFFy Challenge for May (I like to give my brain a dilemna to think about when I go to bed, so I can "suddenly" think of what I need when I wake up in the morning.) And one for the Reveal Challenge for July. I promise these challenges won't be quite so vague as April's comedy challenge (although vague entries will always be accepted and read).

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'll be attempting the thrills and chills challenge with one that's been in the works for some time now. Now whether I'll be able to make it with an eighteen month old underfoot and another little one in the belly remains to be seen.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] What a cool idea! I'll *try* to make the November/December one. I have an idea for a holiday/Christmas fic. I'll see if I can get it written before the babies come.
What? You're not going to write circles around me this year, even with a babe on each arm? I promise it won't be difficult with me tied up on my epic to sink the boat. wink I believe between us we had more than 20 (if not 30) stories on the boards last year. laugh I hope you do write your holiday fic. It's never too early to write a holiday fic, the hard part is holding off until the holidays to post it. I have an idea for the "not your usual holiday" challenge parameters, which I can let you in on early if you like, but it looks like you already have an idea for a story. laugh

I have also come up with a well-used, but fun, idea for the WAFFy Challenge for May (I like to give my brain a dilemna to think about when I go to bed, so I can "suddenly" think of what I need when I wake up in the morning.) And one for the Reveal Challenge for July. I promise these challenges won't be quite so vague as April's comedy challenge (although vague entries will always be accepted and read). [/b]
rotflol Maybe if I only had one baby coming, *then* I could write circles around you this year. I actually challenged myself to get something posted every month last year. (Note - something does not mean brand new story - it meant new story or story parts.) I was hoping to do the same this year until the babies come, but Broken is taking far longer than I thought it would. I might have you consider it as a June and/or August submission, even though it *is* an n-fic. (There's A-plot and lots of Clark sweating because of bad stuff that has happened.)

It wouldn't surprise me if you and I both had in the 20-30 range of stories combined. We were both kind of machines last year, weren't we? laugh

If you want, you can give me a heads-up about the Holiday challenge. Can't promise I'll stick to it though! (It involves a reveal, but not in the way you think.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I'll be attempting the thrills and chills challenge with one that's been in the works for some time now. Now whether I'll be able to make it with an eighteen month old underfoot and another little one in the belly remains to be seen.
clap It's always fun to see Clark sweat... well, metaphorically sweat, because really the only time we ever *really* see him sweat is when Superman was blamed for the HeatWave.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just posted my Challenges for August. If anyone has any ideas for the specific challenge for September or October, please let me know, either by posting here, via e-mail, or PM. Thanks.

Here are the vague descriptions for those challenges:
SEPTEMBER = Exotic Locale Challenge
Exotic meaning set anywhere outside of the locales covered in canon. So, no Metropolis, no Smallville, no Spencer Spencer island (OP), no New Krypton (okay, I know Clark never officially arrives there, but it's my challenge), no summer camp (JSN), no woods just outside of Metropolis (Contact, WoS), no Chinatown (CoS), no Paris (Vatman), and no Hawaii (VD).

OCTOBER = DeathFic, Evil Lois and/or Clark, and/or Halloween Party Challenge
Since not everyone is a DeathFic fan (or Reader), I have three different categories for that month.
1) Deathfic
2) Evil Lois or Evil Clark fic
3) Halloween Party Fic

I need ideas for all three. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's the beginning of a new month (kinda, sorta) and it's time to issue the challenges for next month! Since Halloween is a major holiday and represents many things to many people, I've issued 5 challenges to fit in with your feeling of the season. Two types of Deathfic Challenges, Two Evil Character Challenges, and the usual Halloween Party Challenge.

OCTOBER DeathFic Challenge or Alternative Deathfic Challenge

OCTOBER Evil Lois and/or Clark Challenge or Evil Co-Star Challenge

OCTOBER Halloween Party Challenge

If none of these fit into your impression of what October is all about, feel free to write a non-spooky, non-deathfilled, non-Halloween, WAFFy story about the changing of the leaves in Metropolis or Smallville.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just posted the Challenge for Nov/Dec.

\'Not Your Usual Holiday Story\' Challenge .

For my other Challenge, I offer up: It\'s a Merry Cloning Christmas Challenge.

Remember, it's half-way through October, time to start posting those Halloween themed stories!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This year I tried to inspire the boards in April with my Comedy Challenge . It worked so well, I made it a Monthly Challenge. Queen of Capes joined in on the fun and brought forth her Bizarro Monthly Challenge , in which she turned each my challenges on it's ear.

Many thanks to all of you who took part in 2013's Monthly Challenge. smile1

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard