Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#132142 07/03/07 03:39 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Oooh, I think this is my first Fanfic challenge ever! YAY ME!

Okay, so I've been making music videos (yay me!) and in doing so I've been horribly forced to watch and rewatch clips over and over again and WOE ME! Tis a burden I bear... wink

So anyhoo, a couple of thoughts occurred to me while watching the end scene of Brutal Youth. That's where the challenges come from. evil

(These are separate challenges, so one doesn’t necessarily relate to another unless you wanted it too.)

Time
When Lois asked Clark how much time he had given up, he had told her he didn't know. He followed this with saying that none of them knows how long they have, and it’s the moments that count. For some reason, I get the feeling that he does know, but doesn't want to tell her. Assuming this is true, why? How long does he really have? Months? Years, only? Or will this cause him to live out a normal lifespan of a human?

Protective Aura
In "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape," Clark had protected Lois from Bad Brain's Evil Floaty Laser Doodad Thingy of Doom (TM, I'm sure) when he pulled her into him. He said that it was his aura that protected her, or something along those lines. Now, if his aura protects her from physical harm, would the constant contact from sleeping in the same bed almost every night (barring the nights Clark is bound to spend on the sofa due to the numerous fights they are bound to have) have some long lasting effect on Lois? Will it 'stabilize and slow' her aging process as well? Granted, if this were the case, she probably still wouldn’t live as long as he would, but would possibly add years to her life. How would they handle their apparent lack of aging when Jimmy’s playing shuffleboard on a Retiree’s cruise ship or something?

(Note: LaraMoon, the resident – er, or rather my resident wink – Superman Expert, said that they messed up with this part and that it doesn’t really work that way. Which I can understand, because in ‘Its a Small World’ Dr. Klein only said that the aura extended a couple of millimeters. And if his aura did extend out that far, his shirt wouldn’t have been shred beef when Mayson Drake died. But shh! I’m ignoring these points because if the show’s writer’s could, then so can I by golly George!)

Soul Mates
I realize that there are several people who don’t really agree on certain aspects of the Soul Mates episode, but for canon’s sake, let’s assume that it’s ‘real.’ Let’s also assume that Clark didn’t lose more than a couple of years off of his life, and that he lives a ridiculously long time. When I asked LaraMoon, she guestimated that he could easily live for a few hundred years. In a Wikipedia article I read about a weird alternate reality thing, he had lived 68,000 years. (Which seems rather ridiculous to me, but what do I know?) What if he lived for four hundred years? Five? A millennium or two? According to ‘Soul Mates,’ their souls are intertwined and always seem to find each other, so where does that leave Lois’s poor little soul? Will she be ‘reincarnated’ during Clark’s lifetime? If so, will he recognize her for who she had been? And if he does, will he take the chance on being forced to watch her die possibly again and again, depending on how many times she comes back during his lifespan? What if he first meets her as a small child?

…What if she’s reincarnated as a male? (Okay so that’s not really a part of the challenge per say, but I happen to find that thought rather quite enjoyable…)

Alrighty, there are my challenges! If anyone is interested to take these on, please let me know laugh And if there are already stories out there involving these scenarios, I would love to read them! I may even write a small something on one of these, but I’ll have to see how my brain cooperates with me…

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Your Soul Mates theory is already the basis of Nan's Home series (not that someone else couldn't do it too, of course), but I don't think I've read any in which Lois was reincarnated as a man. That would be pretty interesting! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is a Tank and Wendy challenge fic (IIRC) that toys with the idea of "Lois" being a man. Of course, it doesn't quite go all the way with the concept. It's called "Soul...Mates?" and it's a fun read. smile

BTW, great challenges, Bru! laugh If I wasn't already loaded down with so many fics...*sigh*...

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
BTW, great challenges, Bru! [Big Grin] If I wasn't already loaded down with so many fics...*sigh*...
Now what kind of a poor excuse is that, Mary? Tsk! Surely you don't need to buy food or pay the mortgage so badly that you couldn't fit in more writing hours in a day instead of boring work?

Think of all the poor readers you're depriving!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
…What if she’s reincarnated as a male? (Okay so that’s not really a part of the challenge per say, but I happen to find that thought rather quite enjoyable…)
Oooh! Ooooh! How about a story where Clark is Batman and Lois's soul is in Robin?

Bwahahahaha! I'm sorry... I really had to, it was MUCH too hard to resist.

rotflol

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh! Ooooh! How about a story where Clark is Batman and Lois's soul is in Robin?
rotflol Lol! Lara that is too funny. But I think it might be the other way around, Lois being Batman and Clark being Robin. (Lois, as a SIDEKICK?) Either that or she'd just switch around the roles, Bruce Wayne's millions be... um... darned.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But I think it might be the other way around, Lois being Batman and Clark being Robin. (Lois, as a SIDEKICK?)
Lois as Batman? That *would* be hilarious! wink

Kerth
Kerth
Mad Bat Lane? Scary thought.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Batman and Robin???? Do it! Do it! Do it!!
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gah, that would be too funny if Lois was Batman and Clark was Robin or vice versa. I second the notion for someone to take it up and write it. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let me see how I can fit a Lois/Batman and Clark/Robin story into my series and I'll write one.

smile

Kerth
Kerth
Now you've got me wondering if there's a Bat-dynasty in the Home universe.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A Bat-dynasty? Oooh? Where is that? *wants to read it*

laugh

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I am not a Batman fan, but the idea of Clark somehow protecting or perhaps sheilding is a better word, Lois from aging and heck maybe even to a degree illness? (though that is doubtful) would be interesting.

Also, I would think if Kryptonite in all its forms were somehow made no longer a threat to Clark, he might very well be for all intents and purposes immortal. Yes, I have mentioned this idea before and it's just just my opinion, that the above would make for an interesting story. I mean, even those among you that may feel if there were no K, then what would be the point of Superman?, should maybe agree that someone, especially Lois, should have thought at least once that perpahs this could be a possibility! I actually have a little more time after next week, so if anyone is interested in trying out a story about this, let me know.

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK... guys, this is the thing.

I tried to write a Batman/Robin crossover with Soul Mates thing. I really, *really* tried. I've got a couple pages of it written, even, and they're pretty funny, too. But I can't get the story passed the point where Lois and Clark find themselves inside Batman and Robin's bodies. I can't because no matter how I try to twist and turn it, the curse involves them "consummating" their relationship and... I mean, I know there are jokes and innuendos and some people have been debating this idea for years, but I cannot write a story that would have the Dark Knight be in that sort of a relationship with the Boy Wonder. Had it been two other (and completely unknown) men, I probably could have written it. But these two, I'm sorry, I just can't.

I've thought about sticking Lois's soul inside Bruce Wayne and Clark's in Catwoman, but that would be silly since I wouldn't need Lois to be a man in a situation where one of the characters is a woman. Not to mention the only thing I can think of doing with Tempus is turning him into Joker - which, OMG, is a perfect fit! - and he's certainly not interested in Catwoman OR Batman and I still have no idea what to do with Robin at all in this.

So... unless someone has a really bright idea, these few pages will most likely never be part of a finished story.

I'm sorry. frown

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww! Don't stress! That's a bit of a tough situation. Thanks for trying it for us. smile

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What if he lived for four hundred years? Five? A millennium or two? According to ‘Soul Mates,’ their souls are intertwined and always seem to find each other, so where does that leave Lois’s poor little soul? Will she be ‘reincarnated’ during Clark’s lifetime?
I've seen this in various stories throughout the archive and as cited above, is what Nan's "Home" series is all about.

What I haven't seen before is the converse. What if when Lois finally dies (whether her life span is extended by close proximity to Clark's aura or not), will Clark's soul follow hers into death not long after so that they can be reincarnated together into the next existence? Don't know if there's much of a story in that unless it's used as proof to Alt-Clark that his Lois is still alive.

One other thought for Lara:
I've thought about sticking Lois's soul inside Bruce Wayne and Clark's in Catwoman, but that would be silly since I wouldn't need Lois to be a man in a situation where one of the characters is a woman. Not to mention the only thing I can think of doing with Tempus is turning him into Joker - which, OMG, is a perfect fit! - and he's certainly not interested in Catwoman OR Batman and I still have no idea what to do with Robin at all in this.
Well, there's always Jimmy. And who better to play Commissioner Gordan than Perry? laugh
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, hehehe! Jimmy would be a great Robin, come to think of it. *giggles*

One thing that might be quite easy to do would be Clark as Batman and Lois as Vicky Vale (Vicky is pretty much Batman's Lois... reporting about his activities and falling in love with Batman and eventually Bruce Wayne) -- mind you, I could switch the bodies, since Tempus loves irony and all... And I could easily throw in Cat as CatWoman.

Of course, this has nothing to do with what's being suggested in this challenge anymore, does it? Though, that would fit into my series amazingly well...

Heh. I may try and salvage what I have and turn it into that...

Whaddaya think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!

*throws Lara a party and only invites the strange, multicolored dancing spheres*

party party party

Can't wait to read it!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
One thing that might be quite easy to do would be Clark as Batman and Lois as Vicky Vale (Vicky is pretty much Batman's Lois... reporting about his activities and falling in love with Batman and eventually Bruce Wayne) -- mind you, I could switch the bodies, since Tempus loves irony and all... And I could easily throw in Cat as CatWoman.

Ah but in the reverse: How would Bruce deal as "goody - good" (in his mind) Superman?

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard