Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99935 04/01/14 08:42 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Some of you might have noticed a change to the titles. Yeah...about that. It's a good thing, right? Proves I've been writing -- and realized just how much more there is left of the story. Plenty more time to torture Clark some more. peep

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Or at least, I hope you don't lynch me...

#99936 04/02/14 12:29 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
AK, you are indeed a powerful writer. You showed Clark's insecurities by having him put the worst conceivable spin on Lois' actions and words, while she's surely trying to figure out why the man she loves is still acting like an abused puppy. I think this is the best mix of WHAM and WAFF I've ever read anywhere.

And Lex' plan? Evil brilliance personified. It might be the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to Clark - to kill him while he's still alive. Depending on when his powers return, he might or might not have to actually fight Lex.

Of course, Lex might stare into his defeated enemy's face and connect the dots - Superman is Clark Kent! And he'll get it wrong by assuming that Superman is the real person and Clark the disguise. On top of that, I'm not sure he has any more Kryptonite. That dagger represents a pretty good chunk of mass, and there's no guarantee that this wasn't Luthor taking a huge chance with his entire stash.

But I know you have a better grasp on this than I do. And I'm eager to read the next chapter. Is it posted yet?

No?

Drat. More waiting.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#99937 04/02/14 04:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, I thought you were supposed to be torturing Clark, not torturing *me*! I was reading along just fine until Lex decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. Then I had the following conversation with myself:

me: OMG! I have to skip ahead to see that happens!
me: No. Continue reading. You do not want to miss a word of this.
me: I can't! I *have* to know what happens!
me: You will. not. skip ahead! You will read until you find out.
me: No! Please, let me skip! I promise I'll come back. I will. I'll come back. Just let me skip ahead and find out what happens.
me: Stop it! Calm down. Take a deep breath. Now continue reading.

So I did. I read every word. Every powerful, gut-wrenching word. Great chapter. Terry is right about the excellent mix of Waff and Wham. Well done. thumbsup

I can't wait to read more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#99938 04/02/14 09:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No! No! No! What have you done?! Not Clark. How can you kill him? Not now! Not like this. whinging

Chapter 4: That Old Name Of Mine
I saw this and here I thought it was all about the "name" not the other stuff. Lois and Clark arguing over whether he was Superman or Clark more.

“Kent.” Luthor’s voice gave away nothing besides his seemingly inherent arrogance. The two thugs standing at either of his shoulders towered over both Clark and Luthor and seemed a fair indication of Luthor’s hostility.
Uh-oh. Luthor's not alone. What does this mean? eek

Clark was forced to step aside or risk revealing just how solid he was when Luthor pushed past him and down into the living room, his hired muscle shadowing him.
“Not one for basic hospitality, are we, Kent?” Luthor gestured toward the full pot of coffee Clark wasn’t about to offer to share. “But then, what else should one expect from someone such as yourself?”
It's just like Luthor to be so rude as to enter without invitation and then comment on Clark's manners as if HE's the one at fault. It's unfortunate that Bad Guys aren't like vampires and cannot enter your home without invitation.

“There, you see.” Luthor pointed triumphantly at him, his brow quirked. “That. That’s exactly what I mean--you’re not intimidated. You’re not afraid of me. From the first time we met, in fact, when I placed the blade of Alexander the Great at your throat, you’ve been singularly…unimpressed. That’s quite a feat for anyone, let alone a…provincial…like yourself.”
Isn't that part of Luthor's attraction to Lois? That she never was afraid of him? BTW: You've got Luthor's voice down pat. Very well done.

“I’ve never been impressed by bullies,” Clark said, his voice rasping under the strain it took to speak somewhat civilly. “And no matter how much power and money you have, Luthor, that’s still all you are.”
I guess that age old advice of showing the bully that you're not afraid of them, makes the bully lose his power, isn't going to work today.

“Is that a threat?” Clark wasn’t sure if Lois could hear Luthor’s voice from where she was hidden--it was so hard for him to judge how much everyone else could hear--but he hoped she could. And yet, contradictorily, he almost wished, for her sake, that she could not. Hard enough for her to be told that the man she had considered spending the rest of her life with was a criminal; it would be even more difficult for her to face that fact firsthand.
Does he still think that Lois wants to marry Luthor? Didn't she already tell him she wouldn't or was that when she was interrupted?

“Not a threat,” Luthor corrected. “Merely an observation. For instance, if you had recognized the way the natural order of things worked, you would know that--how shall I phrase this?--inconsequential people such as yourself don’t end up with the girl. Or woman, as the case may be. Men like myself, or even Superman, are the ones who end up winning the hearts and hands of desirable women. Which leads me to the reason I’m here now.”
Two things about this paragraph: firstly, OUCH! How to pour lemon juice in an open wound. I don't know if Luthor knows that Clark poured his heart out to Lois only to have her reject him for those very two men Luthor mentions. Secondly, this was when I realized that Luthor didn't know that Clark was Superman if he's referring to him as a person outside of Clark.

“It doesn’t take an IQ as high as mine to realize that you possess quite a bit of attraction for your erstwhile partner,” Luthor intoned. “And it comes as no great surprise that your chances with her are as slim as the proverbial snowball’s. I had thought my greatest rival in securing the affections of my fiancée was the much-vaunted—yet overrated—Superman.”
So, does Luthor consider Clark a rival now? And, thanks, Clark already had that proverbial snowball thrown in his face.

“Oh, she’ll say yes,” Luthor said with a dismissive wave of his hand. “It’s the timing of her answer that I’m concerned about at the moment. You see, I knew she had an odd fondness for her reporting partner, even going so far as to ask me to provide a job for you at LNN when she accepted my offer. But preferring to work with the partner you know is a far different matter than leaving Lex Tower before giving me her answer to my proposal, making her way to Centennial Park at midnight, and meeting up with that former partner of hers. And then, of course, there’s the fact that neither one of you were seen leaving the park, yet here you are, safe and sound in your apartment…while there’s still no sign of Lois. And since Superman’s been busy around the world with emergencies, that leaves out the possibility of him as your mode of conveyance. Quite a mystery for such an unassuming man from Kansas, don’t you think, Mr. Kent?”
A) Luthor is underestimating Lois. B) If Luthor knows that Lois went to Lex Tower but then left without speaking to him, to only go and meet Clark, how come he doesn't suspect the reason behind her motivations?

“Reporters don’t like being followed,” Clark told him calmly. “I knew there were men outside the park, so I avoided them. As to where Lois is, well, I’d guess that if she found out you were having her watched, she’d be none too happy about it.” Silently, he congratulated himself on the complete truthfulness of that answer; if anyone was adept at spotting lies, it’d be the master liar himself, and Clark felt a bit safer with truth as his shield.
So, Clark DID know and still took up into the air without changing into his uniform first? He really had hit rock bottom.

If he could have done it without drawing attention, he would have slid his glasses down and x-rayed Luthor and his henchmen for weapons. Every breath felt perilous; one gunshot and his secret was out.
But he already knows the henchmen have guns because he could hear them when he unintentionally examined their heartbeats and blood rushing.

“I underestimated you, Kent.” All trace of deceptive politeness had been stripped from Luthor’s voice so that only ambition and ruthlessness and calculating menace were left. “I admit that I thought Superman would be the greatest obstacle to winning Lois’s hand. But no matter--I’m flexible. And what is it they say about two birds with one stone? Well, I have a stone.”
So, Luthor DOES consider Clark a rival for Lois's affections. If he only knew that it was he himself which had driven Lois away with his own actions towards Superman by acquiring Kryptonite.

Tension permeated Clark’s body when Luthor’s hand went inside his jacket, and if he had known what was coming, he would have jerked free of the thugs’ grip, would have thrown himself to the side, would never have answered the door. But prescience wasn’t one of Superman’s abilities, and so Clark simply stood there, as helpless as if he were truly an ordinary man, as guilelessly as if he had no Secret, as naively as if he had nothing to fear.

The dagger glowed green, but only for an instant, because in the next instant, Luthor had buried it deeply, agonizingly, astonishingly, in Clark’s stomach, its phosphorescent shine sheathed in his flesh.
How did Clark not feel the Kryptonite's presence? I doubt Lex wears lead-lined suits (although, he might being how much he would hate to be x-rayed by Superman). Is it more, like how Clark lost his abilities on Spencer's island before knowing that Kryptonite was around?

“I’m sure, being the farmboy that you are, that you’ve gone fishing before, Kent. Well, consider yourself the bait and Superman the fish. That makes you the worm, but some few people are always typecast, aren’t they. And Lois? Lois is the prize in this contest. Superman will come to save his good friend Clark Kent, just like always, only this time…” Luthor made a twisting motion with his hand, and Clark felt a cry wrung from him to stain the air and break through, temporarily, the miasma of Luthor’s despair-tinged breaths. Shards of glass were dipped in acid and transmuted into his insides, blanking out sight and touch and awareness of all but Luthor’s voice and the tiny snapping sound as he broke the dagger, leaving the Kryptonite blade ensconced inside Clark’s once-invulnerable flesh.
Let me make sure I've got this right. Luthor stabbed Clark and then broke part of the blade inside of him, but then left it all there. Later on, Lois removes the blade but Clark can still feel pain in his stomach. But if she didn't remove all of the Kryptonite, his wounds wouldn't have started to heal, correct? Then, again, it's hard to know what exactly Lois does when removing the dagger because it's from Clark's delirious POV. Breaking glass always seems to leave hairlike fragments, so is there enough Kryptonite in Clark's system that his Superman powers will never return?

“This time, Superman won’t be able to save you, and Lois will be mine.”
So true and so false all at once.

He was alone.
Um.... not quite, there Clark. He *would've* been alone if he hadn't brought Lois with him on his rescues. He *would've* been alone if he hadn't told Lois his secret.

“I’m sorry, Lois.”
whinging

“Right.” Lois nodded and straightened in her seat. “But I’ve been thinking about taking him down permanently, and I think what we need is for Superman to confront Lex, get him to admit to what he did, and then use the conversation--which we’ll have taped--to get him arrested.”
For the briefest of seconds, I thought Lois meant kill Luthor.

“Is there a way you can sneak past the men he left to watch the apartment? If you can get to a public payphone and call here, as if you want to speak to Clark Kent, then we can let Luthor know that way that his Kryptonite blade worked.”

“You think he’ll overhear the conversation?” Lois asked. She didn’t sound surprised. She sounded grim, determined, and it was everything Clark had hoped for and just enough to worry Superman for her safety.
Does Luthor have Clark's line bugged? I know he could, and easily, as the head of LexComm, but would he?

“He has Kryptonite,” she objected. “If he thinks it will affect Superman, you can bet he didn’t leave it all with Clark!”

“I know,” Superman said quietly. “But I’ve let this drag on too long already. He murdered a man in cold blood today, and if that’s not enough to get him convicted, then nothing will be.”

“There’s no body,” Lois said, and he wasn’t so far gone that he didn’t recognize the irony of her being the voice of rational reason while he advocated the reckless course of action.

“There’s a blade, there’s a witness, and there’s Superman’s word. That, added to the confession we’ll hopefully get on tape and the evidence Clark collected, will have to be enough. It may not put him away permanently, but it’ll give you time to dig up more on him.”
I'm going to have to agree with Lois. Without Clark's body, it will be a hard case to prove.

“Give *me* time?” she repeated, her voice small and confused. He wondered if she was only now realizing that Clark Kent was gone forever.
Clark Kent cannot return if his death is what they have to use to convict Luthor. If Clark survives, Luthor will be set free.

There was great sorrow, knowing that the dream he’d chased his entire life was dead, but there was also a vague sense of relief. He didn’t have to watch every word he said anymore, didn’t have to worry about the right time to tell his secret, didn’t have to come up with excuses and lies. He had to discover who he was anew, now, had to learn all over again what his life consisted of, but he would help more people, save hundreds more, make a difference on a scope he hadn’t been able to countenance before. He wouldn’t write, wouldn’t be able to tell other people’s stories, and that hurt, of course it did, but *this* was his life now. He’d spent years coveting a life he should have known could never be his; now he could stop trying, stop pretending, and just *be*.
No, no, no! Didn't he tell Lois that without Clark Kent there would be no Superman? It sounds like a lonely miserable existence, only living to help others while having nothing available for himself.

No! No! No! You need to come back and fix this. We're not supposed to lose Clark. He's our hero, not this other guy he pretends to be. We want to be happy and live happily ever after with Lois. Please, fix this. Please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99939 04/02/14 11:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging

Oh my gosh! You might as well have plunged that dagger into your readers with this chapter!!! The tension was incredible. And Clark being on the verge of giving up and dying… AUGH!!!

I was shocked that Lois didn't come running from the closet at Clark's first cry of pain and attack Luthor. I can only imagine that either the closet was far more soundproofed than expected, she was just frozen in horror, or until she came out and saw the damage she just thought Clark was playing the victim until Luthor left… now that I think about it, the latter is probably the most likely, and worse it'll give her reason to really beat herself up for assuming Clark couldn't be hurt.

As for Clark Kent being dead in this scenario, since they can't exactly hand a body over to the authorities anyway, there are DEFINITELY ways to make this less destructive! ((I had a whole scenario outlined here that they could use, but then thought maybe I shouldn't speculate too much and potentially spoil any surprises.)) COME ON, you two are smart, THINK!

Oh, yeah, they're both traumatized. Guess that does slow down higher brain functions. mecry

Watch out, Luthor. You've now pissed off Superman, and set Lois Lane on the warpath. Nothing in heaven or earth can save you now!
wildguy

#99940 04/02/14 04:54 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh-my-goodness....oh-my-goodness....oh---my---goodness!!! thumbsup

No time for capitalized words anymore. Or rather, room for only one now.

Superman
I really liked this ending. Considering how much I've been a fan of those 'capitalized words'--it was perfect hyper

As always, really (really) excited for the next part,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99941 04/02/14 05:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AARGH!

Well, on the brighter side, Lois can't be enamored of Lex anymore. He's revealed himself to be a thorough rotter. smile

Post more soon!

#99942 04/02/14 07:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
whinging

Oh. My. God.

I haven't been commenting on anything, to save on time and as a method of keeping me away, but if course I've been over here checking up on updated stories every so often. But this chapter. Just.

I think you broke me. I love it so much. The angst is so wonderful and powerful, and my heart hurts for Clark and I cried, actually, genuinely teared up and cried, because it was so painfully well done and maybe I am PMS-ing, but damn, you wrote this scene so well. I was nervous that maybe Lex saw him fly off with Lois or something and knew he was Superman-- but that was just pure evil genius, to use Clark as bait and then kill Superman too... GAH! And his acceptance of his life now, the way Clark is forcing himself to part from Clark and just be Superman killed me almost as much as that stabbing scene did. I can't, I just can't describe my feelings on this chapter any more. I can't even think of more words, so I'll just leave it with the comment that I will be checking daily for the next installment and this face: shock

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#99943 04/03/14 06:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
huh mecry mecry mecry
Artemis peep

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#99944 04/03/14 07:46 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Or at least, I hope you don't lynch me...
Enjoyed it quite a lot. Well done.

I always find it a pity that Clark is so direct and not much for tactics.

In your tale, as in the series and in much fanfic Clark blunders in straight away.

He is often so worried about people finding out he is Superman that he ends up in trouble.

Your Clark is true to form.

Looking forward to the next part.

Framework4
#99945 04/03/14 08:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was a little behind - I'm blaming Dean & Louisville - and just now caught up.

I think Mousey said it. I think you broke me. I have the dog hovering because she can't figure out why Mommy has a wet face and the hiccups. My heart is *breaking* for Clark....and when the persona in the story switched from Clark to Superman after the shower - god. Yeah, I'm broken.

There has to be a way to bring down Luthor and have Clark live. You can't leave him wrapped in his isolation. You just can't.

[Linked Image]

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#99946 04/04/14 12:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Twice a week turns out to be every 3 or 4 days. Please, make it 3 instead of 4, OK? A post tomorrow, yes?

I've been killing time until the next installment by reading over the comments. I absolutely agree with everyone else, and all the bits and pieces pulled from the story in quotes above. I'll add one additional quote, which when I read it just did me in:
“I am Clark,” he whispered through rubbery lips.

“I know you are,”
I read Clark's whispered "I am Clark" and my heart just broke. mecry

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#99947 04/04/14 05:25 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Terry, you sure know how to make someone feel good. I think I've read your comment about twenty times, and it still leaves me with a smile (and a growing apprehension as I hope I don't mess it all up in the next couple chapters). I'm glad the story is turning out and that the mood I wanted to capture seems to be coming through loud and clear! Mood is something I sometimes struggle with, and this story was partly in an attempt to try to remedy that, so I'm very happy with the results so far! Thanks for the great comment and for making my week!

rotflol Vicki, your comment made me laugh so hard! I could just picture you arguing with yourself -- but I'm glad you decided to read it through in order. My younger sister reads her books out of order constantly and it always drives me crazy! And again with the re-reading and waiting -- I hope you know how much it means to me that you put so much time into these stories! And yes, that line was one of my favorites too -- would it ruin my reputation to admit I was crying when I wrote that bit?

"That Old Name Of Mine" is actually my favorite of the chapter titles for this story, Virginia! I really thought this one fit the chapter very well! I think Luthor was attracted to Lois because she wasn't afraid of him -- he saw it as a challenge and also thought she might be good enough for him since she was strong. However, she was taken in by him, and one of the things I love about the scenes where Luthor and Clark are together is by how NOT taken in Clark is. Seriously, he rolls his eyes, he snorts, he shakes his head, he scoffs out loud -- and Luthor will sometimes give him this strange look, like he's trying to decipher him. Those looks are what inspired this conversation between them and this particular plot of Luthor's. And yay, thanks for the comment about getting Luthor's voice down -- he's very unique in the way he speaks and trying to capture that can be a bit touch-and-go. And so many questions -- I love them and I promise that they will be answered, hopefully to your satisfaction. As to fixing it...well, still working on the ending, so we'll see how it goes. smile

I didn't mean to stab you, Colleen! Or, well...maybe I did, a bit, but all in the spirit of a good story. smile And yes, Lois did assume Clark was faking -- Superman can't be hurt after all, right? wink And hey, thanks for not spoiling everything with a theory, because I'm not the subtlest of writers so it's actually probably pretty obvious -- I need all the help with suspense I can get!

Thank you, LMA! Trying to write an intense scene that feels perilous was HARD -- and it took me two years to finish this bit and the beginning of the next chapter -- so I was very relieved to see your comment! It was everything I had hoped to convey in this scene! And I'm so glad you liked how Clark responded -- as mentioned, it was extrapolated from those behind-Luthor's-shoulder-faces he makes on the show. Trying to come up with things for Clark to hear was a challenge -- and I can only think how annoying super-hearing can be at times! And thanks -- that scientific theory part was something I debated about, so I'm glad I didn't take it out now! smile And yes, more capital letters -- I couldn't resist! :p

Yeah, Iolanthe -- no hope for redemption for Luthor now. If ever there was...

Well, Mouserocks, I'm sorry I broke you, but also not because that comment was perfect. laugh I'm so glad Luthor's diabolical plan had the effect I wanted. Or wait...that came out wrong. Ahem, anyway. Clark turning himself into Superman IS pretty awful (and spawned the idea for another story I'm eager to begin).

I like Clark too, Artemis!!! Really, I do -- I know it must seem like I don't, but I promise, I do love him! And maybe I'll even let him be happy once. Eventually.

Thanks, Framework4! I've always been intrigued by the difference between Clark's plans and Superman's plans -- Clark thinks things through whereas Superman reacts to things, something that I wanted to show being put into action here, when he's forcing himself to become more Superman than Clark. I also wanted to try to explain the reasoning behind that a bit -- very glad it came across as in character, though!

Aww, your poor dog, Kismatt! blush 'Wrapped in isolation...' I like that a lot -- I'll see what I can do about it!

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! Hope you all enjoy the next chapter!

#99948 04/04/14 06:19 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
AntiKryptonite posted:
And I'm so glad you liked how Clark responded -- as mentioned, it was extrapolated from those behind-Luthor's-shoulder-faces he makes on the show.

*and*

Seriously, he rolls his eyes, he snorts, he shakes his head, he scoffs out loud -- and Luthor will sometimes give him this strange look, like he's trying to decipher him.
OMG--Yes! Yes! Yes! Totally know what you mean...I love those interactions you are talking about thumbsup . It's amazing how animated Clark is around Luthor--you can tell he's just dying to tell him what he really thinks of him--but since he can't, all of those other gestures come about. BATP when Lex is talking to Clark about his story in the Daily Planet, PML when they talk about the fruit fly spraying, etc.

And, like you mentioned, the 'look' that Luthor gives him--when he's trying to figure 'Animated Clark' out--it is priceless clap . Love it!

AntiKryptonite posted:
Clark turning himself into Superman IS pretty awful (and spawned the idea for another story I'm eager to begin).
Woo-hoo! party

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99949 04/08/14 05:54 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Clark is definitely expressive, LMA, and watching that play out in front of Luthor is hilarious. I admit that I've rewound and watched some scenes over and over again to capture the nuances of his expressions and body language around Luthor. One of my favorites is their first 'meeting,' because Clark betrays nor eaction to having a sword at his throat, being caught by a billionaire sneaking around his office, or being slighted so that Lois can get in an 'in' with the famous Luthor. In fact, his smirk and such when he lets Luthor go before him out to the balcony is one of the things I remember noticing and being intrigued by the very first time I watched the pilot. So I'm glad Clark and Luthor's interactions here alluded back to those first moments! smile

And thank you for the excitement about the new story -- it may be a bit, since it's only in planning stages, and I'm finishing up an OUaT story currently, but I'm hoping it'll be here sometime this year.

#99950 04/09/14 11:39 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
hyper That Lois has said she can love Clark.

frown that he thinks it's just a dream. Even more frown that Clark is going to die. I hope they figure out a way to bring him back to life.

I'm glad I can read the next part whenever I want. I really stayed up too late last night reading this part after how part 3 ended.

The ending here is almost as tense. What if Luthor notices Superman is wounded in the way Clark was? Also, if he thinks Superman is weak, he might try using other weapons to finish him off. I'm not sure their plan is very good.

John Pack Lambert
#99951 04/16/14 04:53 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yes. Their plan, such as it is. Actually, coming up with their plan is where I stopped writing for so long. You see, I started this story expecting it to be a straight revelation story (which I'd promised myself I'd never do, and then Clark's revealing speech hit me and so I succumbed), and then it turned into an exploration of Clark/Superman, and then Luthor showed up so suddenly I needed to find a way for them to take him down and...yeah, it kind of spiraled away from me and I lost control. So if their plan isn't that great, you can probably just blame me -- I do think it works in the story, but it's definitely not a plan *I* would want to trust my life to! smile

And yeah, it's always great to get to read the next part right away -- I'm terrible at waiting between chapters! blush

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard