Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99716 03/21/14 10:23 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
If you remember me and read the beginning of this new story, thanks so much for not forgetting me! If you've never heard of me (because of that 'and then' we're pretending didn't happen), then thanks for giving me a chance! I hope you all enjoyed, and I'd love to know what you thought of it!

I'm finishing the last chapter as we speak (we'll see if my betas are still talking to me after I left them hanging for so long), so I imagine posting will be...twice a week? I don't know, we'll see how impatient I get. smile

Thanks!

#99717 03/21/14 11:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My goodness. I knew I was going to love this from the very start. One of my favourtie settings, one of my favourite episodes for 'what if' one of my favourite heartbreaks (Clark's turmoil) etc etc not to mention your superb writing just setting it off perfectly.

And so I knew I was going to hate the fact that this is only part 1 out of 6. ARGH!

The Park Bench.
I love the idea that Clark has captialised this in his mind. It give so much meaning to the memories associated with it.

The Window.

Lois’s Window.

That was Superman’s nightmare, though, not Clark Kent’s, and right now, he was Clark Kent.
Hmm, another place capitalised. Poor Clark.

rip on his powers did he allow myself to look back at Lois.
Is this supposed to be 'himself' cause this story is in third not first.

He had been wrong.

The Park Bench and The Window had been nothing, nothing at all, compared to The Fountain.
mecry A third capitalised place. Hy heart is breaking for Clark.

Please post more as soon as you can. Twice a week is not fast enough.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#99718 03/22/14 03:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a powerful beginning! Now Lois knows Clark's secret -- what will she do with it?

This story is intriguing and well-written, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#99719 03/22/14 05:27 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This part was every bit as powerful and as chilling as I remembered. Well done!

I look forward to reading the remainder of the story.

Joy,
Lynn

#99720 03/22/14 09:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just then, Clark caught the sound of Lois’s heartbeat and the click of her shoes on the sidewalk and the steady cadence of her breathing. Belatedly, he realized that he had frozen at the sound, just like a dog on point, and he shook his head at himself and perched on the edge of the fountain, doing his best to look disinterested and casual and knowing he failed miserably.
From this point onward, the part only gets better and better!

Welcome back!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99721 03/22/14 08:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoa! That's some confession. I wasn't sure he would actually go through with it. I had thought he had decided that it wouldn't do any good because she wouldn't believe him. Taking off into the sky in front of her gives credence to his claims though. What will Lois do with this information? I mean, besides hit her head against a brick wall for really stepping into it with Clark / Superman.

I'm a bit surprised that Lois is still hiding behind her rose colored glasses in regards to Lex. WHY do you think Lex would want Kryptonite, Lois? Because he's jealous? NOT! :rolleyes: (okay, maybe a little bit.) Clearly, she doesn't think Lex is up to any good, otherwise why would she go to Clark for confirmation that Lex is a good man, when she knows Clark is the last person to ever tell her that.

Another excellent beginning, Anit-K. Welcome back to the boards. We've missed you!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99722 03/23/14 04:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Wow. Wow.

Triple-wow beginning to this awesome fic!

I can't wait to see more. Please post more soon.

#99723 03/23/14 04:42 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow.

A bit shell-shocked here, but not nearly as much as Lois and Clark are. Wow.

More please???!!!???

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#99724 03/23/14 08:53 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Amazing chapter! You have me sucked into the story and very anxiously waiting the next part wave

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99725 03/24/14 03:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very interesting, I'm already hooked. Plz post soon

#99726 03/24/14 06:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Forget you? Forget the person who wrote a story so hauntingly beautiful that I found myself waking up at 3:00 am(!) local time to be able to read each chapter the second it was posted, utterly enthralled? No way I could forget you.

I'm loving this story, too. I think there is not a reader here who would not immediately recognize "The Park Bench." I admit, I had not given a name to the window scene, but I can see how Clark would. And now, we have "The Fountain." frown

Is there something wrong with me that my favorite stories always seem to be those in which Clark suffers the most? Why is that? I don't think I want to know.

You have managed to captivate me again, with just the first chapter. I can't wait to read more...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#99727 03/24/14 02:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OH MY GOD... There are so many thoughts in my mind. .. I hope I can list them all.
1. "Powerful" is the first word that comes to my mind when I was reading this story.
2. I realized that I read the hole chapter at loud voice! Have you considered to record you while reading it? It would be very interesting.
3. Oh, what would I give to actually watch this conversation between Clark (Dean) and Lois (Teri)!
4. Definitely I'm going to look for your stories in the archives!
5. I can feel Clark's feelings of anger, deception, sadness, desperation. .. and love...

Can't wait to read the next part!!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#99728 03/24/14 04:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks to Vicki, who placed the link to the story "And then, there was light" I had a flashback... that was one of the first fics that I read in this board (when I was a little bit shy and never dream about write any comments blush ), and it was so good... so I came back to tell you that definitely you have not been forgotten smile

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#99729 03/24/14 08:42 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, so much feedback! Thanks, everyone, for making me feel loved and welcomed -- as much as I've dabbled in a few other fandoms, this is definitely my favorite one, thanks in large part to all of you! sloppy

Thanks for reading, KatharineKent! This actually isn't one of my favorite parts of the show (though I do enjoy it quite a bit), and I'd promised myself I wouldn't ever write a Revelation Story, per se (notice my use of capital letters there wink ), since so many people had already done so many wonderful things with it that I was sure I'd never be able to come up with something as good, but...hmm. I don't know. I guess it's time I stop telling myself what I'll 'never' do. :p

Thanks, Annie B! This story didn't go anywhere I thought it would, and it's only better for it (I think), so I hope you enjoy it!

Lynn, thank you so much for beta-ing these first chapters -- and for being good enough to take time out of your busy life to come back to it after all this time!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! sloppy Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the kind words, not to mention the link to 'And Then There Was Light.' I've actually been re-reading that story myself to immerse myself once again in L&C, and I keep remembering the wonderful notes you sent me on it. They really stayed with me all this time. And if there's something wrong with you for liking the stories where Clark suffers, then I have to admit to the same ailment. Really, when I made my sister read this story, I told her, "It's pretty much a story I wrote to see just how much pain I could put Clark through. That's pretty much it." So...uh, hope you like it? wink

Wow, chelo, thanks for the lovely review! Hearing that someone read my writing out loud is actually one of the things that makes me mentally squee and give myself a high five. I love reading things that flow, and I want to be able to write them as well. Also, if I were technologically literate at all, I wouldn't mind trying out reading stories out loud, but I'll have to get back to you on that one. And thanks for loving -- and remembering -- And Then There Was Light. I had a blast with that story -- I hope you enjoy the rest of the stories in the archives!

Again, thank you, everyone, for the absolutely warming feedback!

#99730 03/25/14 01:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“How do I know?” he repeated, as conversationally as if they were discussing the grass along the pathway or his parents’ health. “Because I’m Superman, Lois. I know all of this because I’m Superman, because I’ve seen Luthor commit the crimes, because I’ve heard him, because I’ve confronted him and he’s admitted it, because he hates me even more than I hate him and for less cause.
Wow! thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#99731 03/28/14 05:32 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I like this story. Which is saying something because "Barbarians at the Planet" might well be my least favorite episode. I still haven't brought myself to watch all of it. "Forget Me Not" rates as a close second in horribleness. At least the Lois/Lex wedding arc is not as long as the wedding Aargh. I can stand "Fall of the House of Luthor" a lot more. However if this had happened in "Barbarians at the Planet", I would have loved watching it.

I am very scared what Lois will do, although I really doubt she would tell Luthor anything. I also doubt she will print anything.

Clark seems to still be stuck in irrational behavior.

"And Then There Was Light" was the first L&C fan fic I ever read. I have to admit that I tell myself I don't like searing emotional dramas, but I generally plow through them. There are a few that leave me too seared and don't get me to a livable resolution, but "And Then There Was Light" wasn't that.

I hope the next part we see Lois's reaction, but have to admit it will be more emotionally intense if we stay focused on Clark.

John Pack Lambert
#99732 03/28/14 10:49 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, Ultra Woman! That speech Clark gave Lois was actually the first thing I came up with -- came up with it when I was trying to sleep, and had to eventually get up and jot it down, then had to come up with a story to feature it in. And yes, Lois speechless is quite the occurrence! smile

Wow, John Lambert -- I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy these episodes! I did myself, but yeah, I had to change quite a few things. goofy And thank you for the kind words about And Then There Was Light! blush It's amazing -- and a little humbling -- to hear it was your first L&C fic. So glad that it didn't scare you away! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard