Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99696 03/19/14 10:47 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here. smile Let me know of any points of confusion or otherwise mistakes, as this is un-beta-ed. :p The bad is mine. The good is mine, too, though.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#99697 03/19/14 11:31 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute. But shouldn't you be studying? wink

I think the line you were trying to find was actually one of Clark's, from WHaLtTA:
"It's the new glasses, isn't it? They just don't work as good as the old ones."

Joy,
Lynn

#99698 03/19/14 01:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

I think the line you were trying to find was actually one of Clark's, from WHaLtTA:
Lynn
Ditto. That's the reference I was thinking of, as well. laugh

Very cute, Mouse. Didn't Clark change his glasses between S1 & S2, and if not, he probably had by Chi of Steel because he mentioned that he and Chow have the same optometrist.

I love the old lady salesperson. rotflol Priceless. You got to watch out for those old ladies. Both Martha and Lois will be one someday, so it's always possible that she was once a sassy young woman with a smart mouth. laugh

Now, back to your studies! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99699 03/19/14 02:01 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

Joy,
Lynn
I think I remember a scene in S2 where Jimmy asks to try on the new specs and Clark tells him that he can't because of the prescription.

Found it! in "Top Copy"

JIMMY
Hey, new specs?

CLARK
Yeah.

JIMMY
Can I try 'em on?

CLARK
No! I mean, they're pretty strong, I wouldn't want you to hurt your eyes.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#99700 03/19/14 02:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
grumble Thank you though! sloppy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#99701 03/19/14 02:18 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I searched the scripts for the word "contacts." Most of the results referred to snitches, but I did find this from ABftB; Resplendent Man says to Clark, " Well, you keep on looking, one of these days you'll find somebody. You're a handsome boy, though I would personally suggest losing the glasses and getting contacts." Might you have been thinking of that quote?

Joy,
Lynn

#99702 03/19/14 03:57 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[QB] rotflol Glad you all liked it. I found the WHaLtTA quote, but I don't think that was it. The one I'm thinking of goes like this:

Lois Lane: I like your new glasses.
Clark Kent: Thanks.
Lois Lane: Did you ever think of getting contacts?
Clark Kent: No.
^It says that on IMDB, but I searched *EVERY* script from Season 2 and I couldn't find it. confused So either I'm crazy, the internet is wrong, or it was added to the show and not in the script. But it doesn't matter I suppose. That's just my obsessiveness showing. :p
I'm pretty sure that was at the end of "Top Copy." Maybe it was ad-libbed. I know it didn't sound like it was meant to be heard too much if I remember correctly.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#99703 03/19/14 04:35 PM
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Correct. That is what I thought too so I popped in the DVD to check.

#99704 03/19/14 06:27 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a cute little story. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#99705 03/19/14 07:02 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very cute! It reminds me a little of the story someone wrote about the lady who saw Clark stop the bus in the pilot. smile

#99706 03/20/14 02:15 PM
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I really liked this story!

#99707 03/21/14 07:02 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, Mouse! Yep, the quote about Lois 'liking his glasses' and asking if he'd 'ever thought of getting contacts' is from the end of Top Copy--it's as they are heading back into the Daily Planet to 'play' (play their game of chess). They are walking through the lobby area as the lines are spoken...

Great idea, great dialog, great old lady character--loved it all!
clap clap clap

Laura smile

Now back to the books laugh

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#99708 03/23/14 04:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I couldn't help but also think of Mary Potts' (aka Queen of the Capes) fic, Glasses .

Clark needs glasses, but you really never see him doing stuff on the show that people do with their glasses - cleaning the lenses, putting them into a case, going to the optometrist (although Chen Chow did mention that he and Clark share the same optometrist smile ).

So it's nice to see a fic where Clark has to deal with the issues of having glasses. It's probably fairly common for him to have frame problems or break his frames because of all the spinning into the Super-suit that he does.

#99709 03/24/14 11:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse! [Linked Image]
Framed
Hmm…Clark is getting framed? Lois is getting framed. Jimmy is getting framed. No, that one’s another story. Well… epic. Soap opera. Whatever.

Clark finds himself in a bit of a pickle at the optometrist's office.
Oh. Glass-framed. Duh!

He tapped his foot, ran his fingers through his hair, fidgeted around with the pen attached to the tiny metal chain.
Forgot his social security number? Bank robbery in the building next door and he’s not gotten his new glasses yet?

They really did no good, he thought to himself. Anyone could snap it off easily, no super-strength needed.
Same goes for necks. And yet, people still use them hyper

"It'll only take a second, dear," she replied quickly. Before Clark even knew what was happening, Betsy had reached over the counter and nabbed them off his face. He gaped openly at her, as she turned and ran off, taking them straight into the back.
What he gets for going to the only optometrist in Metropolis who relocated to the Big Apricot from Nowheresville.

He wasn't anywhere near Metropolis, and most people who hadn't seen Superman before physically wouldn't place him. He was probably safe. He just had an overactive imagination.
Oh. Duh! So, why not wear a dirty blond wig and a beard? Plus, some cushions on his belly and waist? Add a slouch.

Clark finally breathed easy once he had some space between the receptionist and himself. She was nice, but very unnerving. He turned back to the racks of glasses before him, the sheer number of options daunting.
Maybe he should go for the limegreen colored faux-hornrimmed frames with bright-pink accents?

"Those are nice," the receptionist's voice nearly made him jump out of his skin. He glanced over at her across the room. She smiled at him. "They really bring out your eyes."
Aaaand we keep looking.

Aaaand, that was that.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#99710 03/24/14 03:03 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 That was a fun story.

The only mention of the new glasses I can think of is Clark saying something about them not working as well at the very start of the first show in Season 3.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard