Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99660 03/18/14 07:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I apologize for any errors as I don't have the eyelid power to proofread this one more time before posting. Luckily, I prepped this a few days ago before RL went haywire crazy over the last 36 hours. I promise to double check it in the morning when I've had more than 4 hours sleep.

Anyway, this thread is for comments.

(Also, don't blame John for his wonderful suggestion. Blame my characters for taking his germ of an idea and running with it.)

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 08:33 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Herb Wells raised his hand to knock on Clark’s door.
FINALLY! It's about (insert word of choice here) time!

Wells: I say!

Things had certainly taken a turn for the worse over the last three months. In his entire life, Herb doubted he had ever seen a Clark Kent who had come unhinged in so short a time. Delivering pizzas? Cohabitating with young Mr. Olsen? Dyeing his hair. Herb’s brow furrowed in puzzlement.
dizzy *does not compute* Did he just tell something legitimately true here???

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thank you for reading and commenting.
FINALLY! It's about (insert word of choice here) time!

Wells: I say!
smile1 Yes. evil It sounded like the bumbling type of mistake Herb Wells might make without realizing the consequences of. Had he not done this, would the sorcerer been less likely to make the curse happen for "all time" and just for this lifetime? I always felt that Herb's presence never seemed to make the world better and more Utopian. Had he never invented the time machine would there have been advances in the technologies to invent a time window and allow canon Clark to be trapped between time or to allow Tempus to wreck havoc in multiple eras and dimensions? I believe it all stems back to Herb's initial trip with the time machine.

Yet, another part of him, felt that would have been a cruel newspaper to present to Clark as a wedding gift as neither of them would have been able to do anything about it, except have Herb go back to early February and stop the event from happening as he indeed had.
Umm, didn't you do just that to the canon version of Clark and Lois, Wells?
Yes, but with canon Lois and Clark he was able to take them into the past to fix the curse. That's not possible here, since he can't go into the past in this dimension further than the day when Kal-El arrived in 1966. So, the pain and agony of showing Clark what might have been would have been permanent.

Hummina-wha? /dizzy/ *does not compute* Did he just tell something legitimately true here???
Good question! [Linked Image] Thanks for you comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
First off, I'm still not sure what "wonderful suggestion" I'm not being blamed for.

Herb Wells
Boo.

“I hate to do this to you, but I was just about to deliver a pizza.
smile1 Clark will get to see Lois.

“I’d really love to stay and chat, Herb, but I have to deliver a pizza within the next half-hour.
Is he trying to make it so Lois has to pay, or would it just be too odd if he is always late?

Things had certainly taken a turn for the worse over the last three months.
Not nearly as much as Wells the meddler may think.

Oh, dear. Had Clark lost his powers?
Hilarious how quickly Wells rushes to the wrost possible conclusion.

Had he been too hasty in dismissing Clark’s ability in redeeming her?
Had she joined up with Intergang?

Had he taken to heart the news about the curse and broken all ties with this universe’s Lois Lane?
Luckily not, but no thanks to what Wells has told him to date.

but was merely wearing a wig to disguise himself.
Wells is right on the wig, right or being in disguise, wrong on why.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
over a year in Herb’s internal clock had passed.
About this much time in our posting schedule has elapse (ducking).

While this new future, to which Herb had traveled, had Lois and Clark happily married to the end,
That is the true measure of things being good.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Unfortunately, it would take an even deeper examination of each of the lives of Tempus’s ancestors to discover which of them Superman, Clark, or one of his descendants had saved.
Maybe it was Lois who did the saving, but without Clark there, she did not feel kind hearted enough to save the person.

but Herb found it difficult to take the word of a person who turned his wife into a rat merely because Herb had accidentally tripped and fallen against her.
This actually fits with what the Sorcerer said. Him rushing to false conclusions makes sense.

During these last few months of research in the future, Herb had begun to wonder if it was even necessary to find a cure.
Maybe he should have thought of this before telling Clark of the cure.

Clark had said that he had discovered the reincarnated soul of this universe’s Kal-El in a Catholic priest down in Brazilian rainforest.
I think it would flow better as "in the Brazilian rainforest."

Then again, how different were the souls of this universe’s Clark and that of the man whom Herb had brought here to find love?
I thought Wells brought Clark here for a vacation, not to find love.

Perhaps, too, the search for an answer was moot. It was entirely possible that Miss Lane had never forgiven Clark for whatever liberties he had taken while she was drunk on the pheromone perfume
Saying Clark took "liberties" with her really does not add up. She begged him all the way. At that, she seems to have largely forgiven him immediately, and if anything kept an initial resentment that he had not gone further.

Herb reconsidered the scenario he had created to explain Clark’s odd behavior and decided that it was highly implausible.
Good, because it totally was.

A part of the time traveler wondered if he should have done the same when he had discovered that Clark and Miss Lane had married on Valentine’s Day and checked into the Lexor Honeymoon suite.
Yes, that would have been a better course of action.

…er…Lois Kent would, in fact, die.
party at the use of our favorite name.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Yet, another part of him, felt that would have been a cruel newspaper to present to Clark as a wedding gift as neither of them would have been able to do anything about it, except have Herb go back to early February and stop the event from happening as he indeed had.
Yes, but at least then they could have been sure.

The sound of footsteps approaching caused Herb to look up. A thin, young man carrying a yellow Superman lunchbox hesitantly approached from the stairwell.
Yes, Jack is back.

“Stop him!” Mr. Olsen screamed, chasing the boy down the stairs. “Stop him!”
Which of course Wells failed to do. He never does anything good.

He sighed. “It’s almost as if when the Daily Planet blew up, he lost his best friend.”
Nope, Lois wasn't inside.

“In another universe, in the future, actually,” Herb replied.
Is Wells crazy, admitting this.

“Yeah. I get what you’re saying. It’s no fun living in the present with the way the world’s going,” Mr. Olsen said with a nod.
On the other hand, if you act outrageous enough people ignore you. On the other hand, there are people who go around deliberately acting as if they are time travelers.

“How safe is a world without Superman?” Mr. Olsen asked.
Was it that bad before Superman showed up?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She glanced up and saw Clark standing in the stairwell, staring silently at her with anticipation in his eyes.
smile1 they get to be together, at least for a little.

She set her hands on his chest and leaned her head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her, enveloping her in his protective invisible cloak.
Ah, so sweat.

He said that there wasn’t any sign of a struggle,” Clark said.
So either she went with someone she knew, or was passed out from drinking when she left.

that made her want to push him down the stairs.
It wouldn't do any good, he would use his floating abilities to avoid crashing.

Lois wrote to her sister that she and the MPD had a plan to capture the Voyeur, but it included a fake wedding to Lex Luthor to draw him out and for Lucy’s safety, she must remain in California and decline the invitation.
Lucy: If she is going to do a fake wedding, why not with the right man, that is, Clark Kent.

“My dad’s already phoned to tell me that Luthor couldn’t pay him to attend the wedding,
At least there is one peson properly mad at Luthor for his actions.

and that I’ll never have his blessing to marry a man who shot me,”
I can't help saying Sam is right.

No matter what Clark said, it still felt as if it she had let it happen.
I think that would work better as "it still felt as if she had"

“Good luck with that one,” Lois scoffed. “I doubt my father has ever apologized in his life.”
Ellen: Oh he apologized for kissing Mrs. Del Campo a lot. He just never meant any of those apologies.

“Right. Of course. Daddy’s good at saying things he doesn’t mean,” she said with a nod.
Lois: Like all of his wedding vows.

Clark tilted up her chin and leaned down to kiss her.
Yes, more kissing.

Instead, he whispered,
Sadness, no kiss.

He smiled, never letting go of his hold of her waist.
Yeah, more touching.

Lois only wanted to lean on Clark.
I like the sound of this.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lex stepped inside and kissed her cheek.
Gag.

“What do you mean?”
Lois: you tell me, your the one who had her disappeared.

“I’m so glad that you’re here
Gag.

Lois had been forced to take care of both them from an early age.
I think "care of both of them" would sound better.

After her mother ‘forgot’ to pay the housecleaner a couple of times, Lois taught herself how to do laundry,
No wonder she likes having Clark do it, she started doing laundry far too young.

“Which program?” Lois demanded,
Good, Lois is still thinking.

Maybe she merely wanted to surprise you. I don’t know,” he said.
Another lie from Luthor.

“She chose a private hospital.
So private, that no one is let out (AKA the LUC?)?

And then on top of that you blindsided me at the press conference.”
Which raises the question of why she is still engaged to the disrespecting slob.

“Lois, darling. What did you expect me to do? There isn’t an advertiser in this city that I can count on for revenue.
Hogwash and lies.

People like Perry, Cat, and Eduardo would rather you tried, Lex, instead of just giving up.
Good thing she didn't name Clark.

“I offered jobs to those I could and severance to everyone else, Lois.
Hogwash, he could have offered them all jobs. Especially Jimbo.

As he studied her, she tried to keep her anger in check, so that Superman wouldn’t be forced to rescue Lex from strangulation.
Maybe then he would hate Superman less.

“The ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ order against of the Daily Planet,” she spat out, stating the obvious.
I think that would flow better as "against the Daily Planet".

but out of some love-sick attempt to bring us together, bring my life in tune with yours.
Lois: I quit the Planet before you bought it.

I wanted to help you by helping it. Then, ironically, it wasn’t necessary. You quit just as we were in final negotiations, and it was too late to back out without killing the paper instantly.
Only because Luthor had already set up a situation to kill the paper.

When that didn’t happen, you started interviewing with their competitors in hopes that you could show them you were serious about quitting and by making them jealous.
I think it would flow better as "and make them jealous."

You wanted them on their hands and knees, begging you to return. Unfortunately, you hadn’t realized in what dire straits their economic situation was.” He smiled at her in a way that made her feel as if she was a little child.
More grounds not to marry him.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Once again, you're spoiling me. smile1
First off, I'm still not sure what "wonderful suggestion" I'm not being blamed for.
That refers back to what I responded to Kismatt last week...
You foisted Ellen on Lex. /roaring with laughter/
[Evil] /John's Suggestion. I'm blaming him, whether he likes it or not. Okay, he may be responsible for the extra touchy-feelly Lois and Clark, too./
It had been your suggestion to invite Ellen to lunch with Lex, and then my characters ran and ran with the idea.

Clark will get to see Lois.
I'm trying for at least one Lois and Clark scene (or flashback) per part. I keep moving scenes and part breaks around so it doesn't always happen, but that's the goal.

Is he trying to make it so Lois has to pay, or would it just be too odd if he is always late?
The latter.
CLARK: She's got the high paying job.

Not nearly as much as Wells the meddler may think.
CLARK: I don't know. It was pretty touch and go for a while there.

Hilarious how quickly Wells rushes to the worst possible conclusion.
Slap-stick works best with wrong assumptions.

Had she joined up with Intergang?
[Linked Image] Maybe.

Luckily not, but no thanks to what Wells has told him to date.
If Wells had showed up a month earlier. Actually, I was trying to stretch Clark's heartache to May, but I didn't quite make it.
over a year in Herb’s internal clock had passed.
About this much time in our posting schedule has elapse (ducking).
[Linked Image]
/wipes face/ Okay. Okay. I'll try to up the speed at which time passes in this dimension.

That is the true measure of things being good.
Yes, Wells mistakes haven't totally screwed up canon Lois and Clark's happiness. laugh
CLARK: Sure. :rolleyes: THEY get their 'happily ever after'. razz Nah, I'm happy for them. If it's possible for them, then it's possible for me, right? /crickets/ Right?! evil

This actually fits with what the Sorcerer said. Him rushing to false conclusions makes sense.
I thought it would be funny to have it be Herb's fault for the seriousness of the soul mate's curse and none of them know it. If he had never meddled in the first place, Lady Loisette and Sir Charles would have been in trouble, but not the future generations.

Maybe he should have thought of this before telling Clark of the cure.
He's trying to be honest with the man. Herb is definitely a "with friends like these, who needs enemies" type friend. He's working with the best intentions but then screws everything up. He's definitely NOT the same Herb Wells found in KenJ's stories.

I think it would flow better as "in the Brazilian rainforest."
Thanks. Fixed.

I thought Wells brought Clark here for a vacation, not to find love.
It's been over a year (his internal clock) since he brought Clark here. How exactly he remembers things may not be exactly how they happened.

Saying Clark took "liberties" with her really does not add up. She begged him all the way. At that, she seems to have largely forgiven him immediately, and if anything kept an initial resentment that he had not gone further.
Yes, the Readers know this, but Herb does not. When he last saw Clark, Clark had mentioned that they had become more intimate than previously and didn't think Lois would forgive him for taking liberties while she was essentially drunk.

Good, because it totally was.
Just a little red herring to freak the readers into thinking that Herb was going to meddle again. evil

Yes, that would have been a better course of action.
Probably.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of the response to John's FDK --
Here's a case of Herb making decisions for other characters lives without consulting them first. It's kind of the same approach that Clark originally takes with Lois (or what can be described as the Contact Mistake).

Which of course Wells failed to do. He never does anything good.
Jack was just passing him when Jimbo yelled for Jack to be stopped. He didn't have time.

“In another universe, in the future, actually,” Herb replied.
Is Wells crazy, admitting this.
I always find it interesting how honest Wells is about what he's been doing and where he's been (or when) and people seem to accept it.

On the other hand, if you act outrageous enough people ignore you. On the other hand, there are people who go around deliberately acting as if they are time travelers.
Yes, Jimbo took Herb's 'future' reference as a metaphor.

No, not in this dimension. But now that this dimension HAS a Superman, taking him away might send the world into chaos.

they get to be together, at least for a little.
/makes checkmark next to this part/

Ah, so sweat.
Thanks... I think. You meant "sweet", right? wink

So either she went with someone she knew, or was passed out from drinking when she left.
Both are possibilities, yes.

It wouldn't do any good, he would use his floating abilities to avoid crashing.
Either way it wouldn't hurt him.

Lucy: If she is going to do a fake wedding, why not with the right man, that is, Clark Kent.
LOIS: Now, Lucy don't be giving Clark ideas.
LUCY: :rolleyes: LO-is. He already has them.

At least there is one peson properly mad at Luthor for his actions.
Sam Lane from RfaS seemed to be trying to make a connection with Lois. He might not have been the husband he should have been to Ellen, but in some sense he was always trying to look after Lois's best interest, even if she never felt his love. Sam also blames himself a bit for Lois getting shot -- since it was because of his cyborgs that Menken kidnapped Lois. I'm also not 100% sure that he didn't know Menken had financial backers, so Lex Luthor stepping in just about that time probably raised more than one red flag in his book.

I can't help saying Sam is right.
Yep. I'm going to have to agree with Sam too. Let's not tell him what canon Superman did to Lois, shall we? [Linked Image]

I think that would work better as "it still felt as if she had"
Thanks. Fixed.

Ellen: Oh he apologized for kissing Mrs. Del Campo a lot. He just never meant any of those apologies.
I thought only Lois knew about those kisses.

Lois: you tell me, your the one who had her disappeared.
Only there's no evidence to support that theory.

“I’m so glad that you’re here
Gag.
Don't worry. Lois is lying here.

I think "care of both of them" would sound better.
Thanks. Fixed.

No wonder she likes having Clark do it, she started doing laundry far too young.
My kids do laundry. My six y.o. sorts, and my 9 y.o. helps fold, and they're both in charge of putting away their own clothes. If they're never taught, they'll never learn.

Another lie from Luthor.
He said "maybe", so technically it's more of a misdirection... or is it?

So private, that no one is let out (AKA the LUC?)?
Or the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable, perhaps?

Which raises the question of why she is still engaged to the disrespecting slob.
LEX: Because she loves me and has no other options. Oh, I'm rich, too.
LOIS: Because the longer I stay engaged to the jerk the more he lets down his guard, so I can get under his skin with this hypodermic needle...
CLARK: Lois...
LOIS: Fine. So, I can search his drawers.
CLARK: Lois!
LOIS: :rolleyes: Office drawers, Clark. Please.
CLARK: Right. blush Of course. My mistake.
LEX: She doesn't have to be engaged to me to check out... what am I saying, I don't wear 'drawers'. [Linked Image]
LOIS: Oc-To-Pus!

Good thing she didn't name Clark.
That was on purpose.

Hogwash, he could have offered them all jobs. Especially Jimbo.
Jimbo was a summer intern and not high enough on the pecking ladder to get a job offer.

Maybe then he would hate Superman less.
Clark has already saved him after he was shot and Lex doesn't like him any better.

I think that would flow better as "against the Daily Planet".
Thanks. Fixed.

Lois: I quit the Planet before you bought it.
Days before. Negotiations and bribes had already been paid out. He just needed to sign the paperwork.

Only because Luthor had already set up a situation to kill the paper.
LEX: Well, yeah. But that's beside the point.

I think it would flow better as "and make them jealous."
Fixed. Thanks.

More grounds not to marry him.
LOIS: It's a faux engagement. Didn't you get the memo?
CLARK: It must have been in the same bunch as mine.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Herb Wells raised his hand to knock on Clark’s door.
[Linked Image]
TEMUS: :rolleyes:

Before he could, a behemoth with a mess of blond hair under a red cap wearing a black leather jacket opened the door from the inside, jingling the most obnoxious Superman key ring Herb had ever seen.
Oooh! Flashback to umm…part before last?

The man grinned, took Wells’s hand into his, and vigorously shook it.
So, HG’s not the most observant one, is he?
HG: You miss *one* psychotic hitchhiker and you’re branded for life.
TEMPUS: /puts away smoldering brand iron/

Things had certainly taken a turn for the worse over the last three months. In his entire life, Herb doubted he had ever seen a Clark Kent who had come unhinged in so short a time. Delivering pizzas? Cohabitating with young Mr. Olsen? Dyeing his hair. Herb’s brow furrowed in puzzlement.
Maybe Mr Kent and young Mr. Olsen share more than an apartment? Dying the hair. Riding motorcycles. It all screams midlife crisis.

Oh, dear. Had Clark lost his powers? Was that how he was able to dye his hair?
Maybe this Lois scared him blond?

Herb had felt so guilty about what he had discovered regarding the Miss Lane from this Clark’s home universe. Certainly, her circumstances prior to her death had been dire; there was no doubt about that in Herb’s mind.
help

She hadn’t followed quite the same path as the Lois from Herb’s home universe, or even this universe’s Miss Lane, but he had witnessed good in her.
clap You’re evil!

but Herb found it difficult to take the word of a person who turned his wife into a rat merely because Herb had accidentally tripped and fallen against her.
Maybe the Lady Score had many a man fall accidentally on her in her bedchamber.

If that Clark, or Padre Carlos as he was known, had ownership of this universe’s Clark-soul, it was possible – although, not one hundred percent certain – that the curse was tied to his and this Miss Lane’s souls.
See! See!

Then again, how different were the souls of this universe’s Clark
Well…apparently, the versions from the Alt dimension are all rotten and dark and full of unfulfilled sexual debauchery, so…
WRONG CLARK: /eyes Luthor/ …not so much?

Instead of speculating on what had happened to his friend, or worse trying to fix it, Herb decided to wait for Clark to tell Herb himself what had happened.
jawdrop thud

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He rubbed his temples as he was starting to develop another one of his temporal headaches from thinking too much about Clark’s conundrum.
/pushes over ibuprofen to EW/ What you get for telling instead of showing us a meandering path through HG’s year abroad. wink

A thin, young man carrying a yellow Superman lunchbox hesitantly approached from the stairwell.
Where did he get that one from?

“How can I… Hey! You’ve got my lunchbox!” Mr. Olsen exclaimed.
Oh, it’s just a gutter rat trying to earn some cash by selling yellow Superman souveniers.

“Everyone carries weapons. Muggings happen on every street corner. Robberies, burglaries, and gunfights are a common occurrence. Fear is a way of life,” Herb said, thinking back to when he and the Lois from his universe first arrived in this Clark’s home universe.

“I think I’ll stick to this universe, then,” Mr. Olsen replied.
Yes, but in a universe such as the one described, Mr. Olsen could live in a gated estate, armed guards on the walls, and own a handful of professional caregivers.

“Have you found her?”

Clark shook his head.
/scratches head/ Her mother? But we’ve not seen anything happen…

“Maybe it’s time for you to disappear, too.”
LEX: I like that idea. Nigel! Niiiiigel!

Clark reminded her in his ever optimistic way that made her want to push him down the stairs.
He *would* look funny, bobbing up and down in the air above the staircase.

“She drives me batty, Chuck, but I still love her. She’s my mother.”
Funny. The same (dead and drove her kid batty) can be said for the late Mrs. Wayne.
BRUCE: Funny? *Funny*?

Anyway, she knew what Clark was going to say. It was what she would say if their positions were reversed.
Hmm…considering what kind of stuff Canon-Clark did to his Lois…well…

“If Luthor was involved with your mother’s disappearance, perhaps he would be less likely to hurt her if he knows it’s distressing you.”
LEX: So… wedding sheets bait?

Lex stepped inside and kissed her cheek. “What do you mean?”
He’s touching her even though she’s all sweatted up?

I don’t think I could enjoy the opera, not knowing if she fell in her apartment and is lying there, bleeding to death.”
LEX: Don’t worry, my darling. You said you tried to call her for days. If she were actually bleeding to death, she’s dead already by now. The human body can only survive two days without water, so even if the blood-loss didn’t kill her, the thirst would have.
LOIS: eek What…What are you saying?
LEX: :rolleyes: That you should get yourself cleaned up for the opera. There’s no need to check on your mother right now.

As the true head of the household, Lois learned quickly how to sneak money from her mother’s wallet to make sure that there were TV dinners in the freezer to feed her and her sister.
Oooh! Just like with a wife married to a drunk.

Despite her father’s cheating and her parents’ arguments, Lois didn’t want to be one of those kids from a broken home.
[Linked Image]

at seventeen, Lois finally moved out of her father’s house to live on her own. It had been the first time since she was a child that she could remember not having to take care of anyone but herself. The freedom from the responsibility had felt like paradise.
So, she started to date the Brazillian exchange student and gotten with child from him? Sam then got the exchange student deported and the child sent to a Brazillian orphanage. Some say the exchange student was so broken up, he took to the cloth.

“Don’t you trust me, Lois?”

She pulled her hand out of his and jumped to her feet. “And why should I trust you, Lex?” she asked.
Uh, oh. Someone pulled a pin out of her.

At her lack of response, he added, “They shouldn’t incur a loss in dividends to rebuild a failing company. It wouldn’t be fair to them.”
Considering Lex probably owns most of LexCorp through various shell corporations…
LEX: Your point being…?

“And here, I thought you were the third richest man in the world worth billions of dollars; money he could use to save the Daily Planet?”
Hmm…maybe use 2nd person there after ‘money’?

“You were hoping that the loss of their premier investigative reporter would cause them to back down and give you whatever it was that you wanted, so that you would come back to work for them. When that didn’t happen, you started interviewing with their competitors in hopes that you could show them you were serious about quitting and by making them jealous.
So… he thinks that Lois is just a spoiled brat, wrought to throwing temper-tantrums?
LEX: She’s a woman, so… wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for your continued readership, comments, and chuckles. laugh
ER: /throws party to celebrate Well's return/
TEMPUS: /rolleyes/
But Wells has been looking for a way to save Tempus's life?
TEMPUS: And Lois's womb.

Oooh! Flashback to umm…part before last?
Not a flashback, but a repeat of the same disguise.

So, HG’s not the most observant one, is he?
HG: You miss *one* psychotic hitchhiker and you’re branded for life.
TEMPUS: /puts away smoldering brand iron/
clap What a great idea, especially since I never have a Batman in my alt-dimensions.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Why didn't I think of that?

Because the pizza’s recipient would get ticked off? And we wouldn’t want that to happen, now would we?
WRONG CLARK: [scared of the temperamental woman who knows his secret blabbing it over the internet]
That sounds about right. Plus, if he shows up, she might kiss him.

While a mere three months had gone by for Clark Kent in this universe, over a year in Herb’s internal clock had passed.
ER: /rolling with laughter/ You’re evil!
[Linked Image] Thank you. Is this because I've managed to torture Herb a bit too?

Maybe the Lady Score had many a man fall accidentally on her in her bedchamber.
ALT-LOIS: Is he implying that I'm a slut?

Well…apparently, the versions from the Alt dimension are all rotten and dark and full of unfulfilled sexual debauchery, so…
WRONG CLARK: /eyes Luthor/ …not so much?
Different from canon (or true) Clark's soul, not other people.

Instead of speculating on what had happened to his friend, or worse trying to fix it, Herb decided to wait for Clark to tell Herb himself what had happened.
ER: /passes out from surprise/
So, you don't like me teasing the reader with the red herring treatment?

/pushes over ibuprofen to EW/ What you get for telling instead of showing us a meandering path through HG’s year abroad.
Thanks. /pops pill/ Did you think I merely would have him jump in his time machine and go forward three months? Wouldn't that be more evil?

A thin, young man carrying a yellow Superman lunchbox hesitantly approached from the stairwell.
Where did he get that one from?
The trash can where Mrs. Cox dumped it.

Oh, it’s just a gutter rat trying to earn some cash by selling yellow Superman souveniers.
clap

Yes, but in a universe such as the one described, Mr. Olsen could live in a gated estate, armed guards on the walls, and own a handful of professional caregivers.
Oh, don't encourage him.

/scratches head/ Her mother? But we’ve not seen anything happen…
Last we heard of Mrs. Lane, she had dumped a glass of red wine (accidentally) into Lex's lap at lunch.

LEX: I like that idea. Nigel! Niiiiigel!
NIGEL: You tried that already, sir.

He *would* look funny, bobbing up and down in the air above the staircase.
And that would make her feel better?

Funny. The same (dead and drove her kid batty) can be said for the late Mrs. Wayne.
BRUCE: Funny? *Funny*?
clap I thought so.

Hmm…considering what kind of stuff Canon-Clark did to his Lois…well…
But he never said things were HER fault.

LEX: So… wedding sheets bait?
You mean "Marry me and I'll return your mother alive?" That sounds like something Tempus Tex would do.

He’s touching her even though she’s all sweatted up?
LEX: Well, I admit it would make her more difficult to tie up but does cut down on the friction burns.

LEX: Don’t worry, my darling. You said you tried to call her for days. If she were actually bleeding to death, she’s dead already by now. The human body can only survive two days without water, so even if the blood-loss didn’t kill her, the thirst would have.
LOIS: /eek/ What…What are you saying?
LEX: /rolleyes/ That you should get yourself cleaned up for the opera. There’s no need to check on your mother right now.
Wow, that is cold.

Oooh! Just like with a wife married to a drunk.
So, Lois has already been a housewife and crossed it off her life list? Well, that explains a lot. I thought it would explain her penchant for cooking in that manner.

So, she started to date the Brazillian exchange student and gotten with child from him? Sam then got the exchange student deported and the child sent to a Brazillian orphanage. Some say the exchange student was so broken up, he took to the cloth.
Maaaaayyyybbbbeeee. But usually men aren't allowed into the sleeping areas of the YWCA.

Uh, oh. Someone pulled a pin out of her.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Considering Lex probably owns most of LexCorp through various shell corporations…
LEX: Your point being…?
Probably not, since every one knows he owns it. Oh, you mean, he's the only stock holder who would benefit? clap Good one!

Hmm…maybe use 2nd person there after ‘money’?
Thanks. Fixed.

So… he thinks that Lois is just a spoiled brat, wrought to throwing temper-tantrums?
LEX: She’s a woman, so… /huh/
LEX: It's a time-honored negotiation technique.

Duh! He’d burry her in the woods. People would talk if they found the body of Lex Luthor’s young wife in the trash.
LEX: Xerxes! Time to go hunting again, boy.

So…he’s going to tell her an improved version on how he staged his father’s drunkenness and then gutted both his parents with an old kitchen knife to make it look like spousal dispute gone bad?
/looks at Part 165/ Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Thanks for your comments!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I've already read the Superman effect, so I do know why Tempus vanished. But it is so fun to speculate about things that I don't believe. I also never have believed that Lois was really pregnant, but it is so fun to pretend that she is, that I tried to keep it up as long as possible.

Although, maybe she is pregnant. I was listening to the radio the other day and they talked about a lady who called the ambulance and they came and found her in labor, and she had no clue she was pregnant. She thought she was going through another miscarriage as she had just over a year before. The baby might not have been quite full term, but it did survive, and was at least 7 months.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]-- Continuation of the response to John's FDK --
Here's a case of Herb making decisions for other characters lives without consulting them first. It's kind of the same approach that Clark originally takes with Lois (or what can be described as the Contact Mistake).[/b]
I was just reading a plot untwist where Clark avoid's all of the incidents in contact by convincing Lois she wants to drive home from the airport with him, not to be safe, but because they can do fun things in the car. It actually is one of the better plot untwists. Almost as good as using the Resurection drug instead of freezing in "And the Answer Is", although the later does not quite wipe out the whole episode.

No, not in this dimension. But now that this dimension HAS a Superman, taking him away might send the world into chaos.
Person who would otherwise be searching under a landslide in Oso, Washington: When you have Superman help with natural disasters for a little bit, you never want to go back to week-long searches.

Ah, so sweat.
Thanks... I think. You meant "sweet", right? wink
Yes, although I am so poor at spelling, that I had to check this. Really, I think it should be swet and sweet. Sweat should be pronounced like the attribute of candy.

Sam Lane from RfaS seemed to be trying to make a connection with Lois. He might not have been the husband he should have been to Ellen, but in some sense he was always trying to look after Lois's best interest, even if she never felt his love.
I don't think they even established that Sam Lane was an adulterer in season 1. I actually felt that Lois came off fairly badly in that episode. Yes, I saw why she was mad, but Clark had a point that she was just as much a workaholic as her father, and while I guess I understood why she still held a grudge, I felt sorry for Sam who was trying to reach out to her and being rebuffed.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for your continued readership, comments, and chuckles. <EW likes them chuckles>
You’re welcome!

But Wells has been looking for a way to save Tempus's life?
TEMPUS: And Lois's womb.
Huh…

Not a flashback, but a repeat of the same disguise.
LOIS: Men! :rolleyes: Don’t even have enough clothes for original costumes.

JIMBO: I can't speak for CK, but I like girls, women, the fair sex, any and all of the above. Thank you very much.
LOIS: But he's only 27!
CLARK: <likes to keep his age a secret> About that...
razz

LEX: /rolleyes/ That you should get yourself cleaned up for the opera. There’s no need to check on your mother right now.

Wow, that is cold.
So…out of character for Lex?

Maaaaayyyybbbbeeee. But usually men aren't allowed into the sleeping areas of the YWCA.
Why they have windows you can sneak into…

Oh, you mean, he's the only stock holder who would benefit? [Clap] Good one!
Thank you. blush

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard