Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I thought this was a story where Lois had grown up in Smallville and had a child with Clark only to leave him and the child and run away to Metropolis.
That was a good story. Does anyone remember the name or author?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice to see TicandToc on the boards again! Thank you so much for answering our comments, it is much appreciated. party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I just finished reading the story a couple of days ago. I read it a bit slower than I'd wanted to, but between having the flu and being busy at work, I didn't quite have as much reading time as I'd have liked to have had. Having said that, though, the quality of the story made me want to keep reading until I got to the end.

Reading about Lois' childhood made me so sad. Between being an alien from another planet, losing her mother at a young age, and then living in the dysfunctional Lane household, it's no wonder that this Lois developed into Mad Dog Lane. She had even more reason to do so than the Lois Lane from canon.

At the beginning of the story, I didn't originally think that Clark was going to be from Krypton since Lois was. However, I did guess that that plot twist was coming shortly before it was revealed. When it was revealed that Clark and Lois had both come from Krypton, I felt very proud of myself for having caught the clues. dance However, I was completely caught off guard by Lex being killed off. rotflol

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just got to where Lois and Clark think they have learned they are brother and sister. I have to admit if I had not read the spoilers here, I would be tempted to just give up on the story. OK, maybe not, I don't know. Still it seems pretty convincing, although I can guess what Jor-el really meant.

John Pack Lambert
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I read this one back as it was posted on the boards and I totally loved it! It's one of the longer stories on the archives, and it requires some adjustment to the image of Lois Lane in our minds, but it's more than worth it. And every time I read about Kinetic/Kinetic Girl I laugh aloud.

This is both a sweet and a powerful story, and any author with this kind of skill should be writing for money, because this is definitely professional quality storytelling. If you haven't finished it, you owe it to yourself to keep going, because it's a wonderful story with its roots in both fairy tales and gritty reality. I wish I could write like this.

Even so, I can read and appreciate it. And I do.

sloppy Thanks for telling us about Lois and her dragons in the stable.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard