Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99160 02/13/14 09:48 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
OK, that seemed to work. smile Apologies in advance if there are typos any etc. I don't have time to do a final check.

Thanks for continuing to read!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi,

So nice of you to post on Valentine's day, but does it have to be a separation ? :-( Well, strange to imagine Lois & Clark living forever after in Africa, letting the world makes its round without them.
I wonder how Clark will straight the situation with Lana, and most of all Tempus. No HG Wells for now, did he take some vacation ?

Great story, thank you Corinna for keeping the dream on!
Best Valentine's day!

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
As I was reading his chapter I was breastfeeding my son so the scene with Lois, Rolle and Martha brough a major ear to my eye.

Wonder what's going to happen in Metropolis.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ack, only three parts left? I really really really really hope he makes it back in this story, and that's not what the next story is about. Really really really.

Because that was heartbreaking. He's been gone half a second, and I can't stand to see them apart.

On another note, I very much enjoyed his reception at the gates of the Bangala. Lois is right that he needs a community.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so glad that you didn't end this first story here. I'm sure the other cliffhanger you have planned for us in 3 parts will be harder to accept than this one.

It was kind of a jolt having Lois switch from accusing Kent of being evil, to her reconsidering her decision to push him away, to return to full acceptance. Perhaps if I were to read those parts in one sitting, it wouldn't seem so much of a 180 degree turn. Her rejection of Kent somehow stayed with me longer than his rescue of Lioli.

I somehow had forgotten this about him:
"Whatever they've been told, nothing is going to be as important as the fact that you saved Lioli. Life means everything to the Bangala. In their eyes, you're going to be a hero."

"A hero?" Clark muttered. "I've never thought of myself as …"
He has always thought of himself as an other, an outsider, even with Lana, she wouldn't accept the goodness in him. This is why there's always something about Alt-Clark which keeps drawing me back.

What a great experience for him to be somewhere with a group of people who not only accept him, no matter what, but also think of him as a hero.

Lois has had a crazy day. First they fight, because he has to leave. Then she rejects him, because she thinks he's someone other than who she thought he was, even after telling him that she loved him and would never reject him. Then he leaves and she thinks she'll never see him again (and both the good and bad about that). He rescues Lioli and that knocks her back to realizing that he's a good guy, and she accepts him back into her heart completely. Now, she has to watch him still leave as he said he had to.

I understand why Clark doesn't want to bid farewell to Diddi. Hopefully, Diddi will understand it as well. I wonder how Lois will explain it to him. Perhaps that Kent has gone to hunt the bad men who hurt him (back on the moon, wink perhaps) and will come back as soon as possible. Only the Bangala don't really understand the concept of "bad men", so she will have to explain it another way.

Let's hope Kent can fly back to Metropolis, scan the right places, see that Lana is all right and return quickly. But, somehow, I can't see that happening. frown Will Tempus somehow see him? Will he get captured? eek Will Lois have to leave Diddi and the Bangala and go rescue him, even though she just worked through why she couldn't leave?

Good luck with your internet troubles. I hope they are cured soon.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, and I hope Lana's baby isn't actually Clark's after all. Then he'd have to stay. Plus, Lana would hate the baby, or at least fail to accept all of it like she does Clark. Oooh, that would be chilling.

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I loved the scene of Clark with the villagers celebrating Lioli's rescue. thumbsup

KateB
Top Banana
Top Banana
She could read the trails of repeated disappointment lining his face, left by the many years of craving acceptance but never quite believing he deserved it.
Awww. grumble More, please!!!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
No typos I saw, it was really good.

I am glad that Lois understands now how truly hurtful what Lana did was. I think it is good she had not explained what she meant when she said she could not have a baby.

I hope Clark gets back really soon. However I do fear Lois might have to leave to go find him.

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Annalina

Sorry about the separation on Valentine's Day. I didn't connect the day with this story.

Christina Aww.

Amy That's a lot of 'reallys'. Read on.

And yes, Lana and Clark dealing with parenting together would be another whole story.

Virginia

It was kind of a jolt having Lois switch from accusing Kent of being evil, to her reconsidering her decision to push him away, to return to full acceptance.
For me, this is classic Lois Lane behaviour. Jumping to a conclusion, being reasonable enough to reconsider (particularly when it involves someone she cares about), and then changing very quickly.

Good luck with your internet troubles. I hope they are cured soon.
Thanks. I have internet at home again! No more taking the laptop to coffee shops. smile

Kate

Lois Lane of five years ago probably would have insisted on going with Clark. But being right in the middle of the action is no longer her top priority. Diddi is. And Clark, too, now. But Clark isn't far enough ahead of Diddi that she would abandon her son.

Vicki

I think Clark and the Bangala are going to get on really well. He'll get from them what he was never able to get in Metropolis.

John

I wonder how Lois would get to Metropolis if she felt she had to go and find Clark. Perhaps she could take Romaric. That could be interesting.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm so glad you're still reading this fic.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard