Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Comments here please.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome Back!

“Clark, this is amazing. How come you always know the best places in town?” asked Lois through a mouthful of prosciutto and provolone cheese.

“I’m an adventurous eater,” he replied before he took a bite of his sandwich, piled high with sopressata, capicola, and salami.

“Seriously, I’ve never found a place like this in Metropolis. Where is it?” she pleaded before taking another large bite.

“Oh, it’s just a little Italian deli that I found.” Truth be told, Clark had flown to Italy to help clear his mind after their meeting at STAR Labs that afternoon. He was appalled at what Dr. Goldberg was doing to these kids and, other than talking to his parents which he didn’t have time for, flying always helped calm him down when he was upset.
With this opening comment, it shows just how much Clark has to hide from his friends. Even something as simple as a sandwich can cause lots of problems!

Clark squirmed in his chair at the mention of Luthor’s name.

“Clark, what is your problem with Lex? He’s a nice guy, and we have a good time together.”

“I… just don’t trust him.”

“Why? Has he ever said anything to you that would make you doubt him?” she inquired.

“No.” Not to him as Clark. “I just don’t like the vibe I get from him. It’s as if I know he’s hiding something, but I have no proof of what that is.”
See, even when it comes to trying to tell Lois the truth about her boyfriend, Clark has to be very careful. As Superman he knows without a doubt that Lex Luthor is a snake, but as the reporter Clark Kent, he can only go by his instincts. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

“This just in,” announced the reporter on TV.

A smile spread across Perry’s face. “I don’t believe it.”

The reporter continued, “Superman, the famed Man of Steel from Metropolis, is flying along side of the aircraft.”

“It’s Superman! He’s there,” said Lois.

“What’s he doing in France?” asked Jimmy.

“In Paris?” Lois added.

“Great shades of Elvis!” exclaimed Perry with a smile.
Wow! Shades of Vatman!!!

So, Lois and Clark will now be dealing with another interruption to their ongoing investigation. I look forward to seeing how this cool story gets wrapped up! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I figured we had two Supermen out there already.

I am surprised that Lois said yes to having dinner with Superman. Doesn't she think Clark might not like this infringing on their planned time together.

On the other hand, I still don't get why Clark just doesn't tell her that Superman told him something about what Lex said.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard