Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99074 02/06/14 11:52 AM
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I just loved the gentle loving atmosphere of this vignette. Very nicely done and just in time for Valentine's day.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this story--such a lovely, WAFFy read...the classic apt scene in The Prankster--Lois and Clark on the couch--yeah, can't get much better scene-wise than that IMO. One of my favorites!

quote:
<Just tell him>, a tiny voice whispers inside my mind.

<Forget about it>, a much larger choir screams.

“This is great! We should do this more often. What are you doing tomorrow night?” The words are out, before I’m able to do something about it. Nervous babbling is all I seem to be capable of.

I really enjoyed all of Lois' thoughts throughout the story...hearing what she's thinking--and then what actually is said. And of course her babbles are always entertaining .

quote:
So, a moment later I find myself standing in Clark's bedroom. Looking at his sleeping form finally serves to slow my pulse down. I breathe a sigh of relief and once again tears threaten to roll down my cheeks. Since I met Clark almost a year and a half ago, he has managed to worm his way into my heart. He is my best friend and I’m beginning to understand that I can’t imagine my life without him in it.

Loved reading her realizations of how important Clark is to her

quote:
Killing me is not the worst thing Griffin could do.

Really liked this line

quote:
But I can no longer ignore those feelings. They are rushing through me. It seems as if someone has first shaken, and then opened a bottle of champagne. Longing, heart-ache, warmth and a sense of belonging spill over me to the point of making me dizzy.

Loved the description here...her really and truly falling in love!

quote:
For long moments I just inhale that intoxicating scent. I breathe in and out until all tears are dried, until I’m no longer able to tell where my lips end and his neck begins. The first kiss tastes salty. His skin is incredibly soft, addictive even. I’m drawn to him, kissing my way up his neck until my lips brush his earlobe and wander across his cheek until I finally capture his lips.

They taste like milk and honey, sweet and silky. A low moan escapes Clark as he parts his lips and welcomes my tongue with a gentle caress. Gradually Clark takes the lead and deepens the kiss. A rush of warmth fills my belly, sending me on a spiral of pure bliss. My skin starts tingling with excitement, every little inch of it longing for Clark’s touch. I have never been kissed like this. If this is what kissing is meant to be like, I have probably never been kissed at all. My lips burn with disappointment as Clark's abruptly leave them.

Great part--the hug of comfort and then....great kiss!

quote:
All rational thought is gone as he starts nibbling on my lower lip, sucking gently, teasing. His tongue flickers against mine, slips into my mouth like a thief set out to steal my heart. I lose myself in the feel of those lips that can do the most wonderful things. My heart beats excitedly. With every gentle probing of his tongue, he fuels the desire that is slowly building up deep inside my belly. Clark’s lips leave me just before the growing flame turns into a firestorm.

Love your descriptions of the kisses--great!!!

quote:
“That’s not what I meant,” I hurry to say and once again find myself hesitating, before I make the final leap of faith. “I love you, Clark. I love you with all my heart.”

Woo-hoo!!!!

quote:
"Good night, Lois,” Clark whispers.

“Good night, Clark,” I reply quietly. As Clark slips his arm loosely around my waist, I finally feel myself relax. He’s right. We’re safe.

Cute ending...loved the arm around her waist as they both drift off to sleep

Wonderful story--thanks for sharing!
Laura

Sorry this post is a bit messed up--I had started a thread for feedback, left it open too long, a feedback thread was already created when I submitted my thread, so I tried to cut and paste my remarks into the new current thread....lost all of my smilies and quote marks--hope still readable blush

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
This was a lovely romantic story for Valentine's Day. The atmosphere was perfect.

Is there a reason you changed the movie or do I remember it wrong?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Clark at times seems to sense her neediness and at other times, doesn't. I love seeing Lois's tough facade over her real fears.

Suddenly, I feel childish. Was I actually afraid of a fridge? Did I pick up my phone using a wooden spoon, only to realize that it was Perry calling?
Why I am suddenly reminded of the microwave bomb? Yes, fridges CAN bite!

Her fears about Clark answering the phone and her nightmares based upon those fears were spot on! clap Excellent.

Killing me is not the worst thing Griffin could do.
Love this! clap Love it!

Originally posted by Ingeborg:
In the script (and in the some of the dubbed versions), Lois brought Woody Allen movies to Clark's house that night. I know! clap In my opinion, bringing action movies makes more sense than romantic comedies, but then again, someone threatened to kill her and she's trying to get her mind off of that, so maybe action isn't the right kind of movie. huh

Laura (LMA) wrote:
Sorry this post is a bit messed up--I had started a thread for feedback, left it open too long, a feedback thread was already created when I submitted my thread, so I tried to cut and paste my remarks into the new current thread....lost all of my smilies and quote marks--hope still readable [Embarrassed]
How frustrating! Should this happen again, you should be able to go to the edit page (by clicking on the "piece of paper & pencil" button, if you've already posted it), highlight the entire FDK and copy. Then go to the other window and paste in your "post reply" box. I often use this technique when answering FDK, so I know it works. wink If you're worried about losing it, paste it in a blank WORD file until you've finished the transfer.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I loved the story. It was so nice and sweat.

I can't help wondering though what will happen when Lois gets woken up from her head nudging against the ceiling at 5 in the morning.

There is just no way Clark will avoid floating with such a happy day.

John Pack Lambert
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww, this was incredibly sweet. I liked it! This scene has always been a favorite of mine, and I enjoyed watching it play out again in the first half, and the way you gave us Lois's thoughts and motivations. And, of course, I enjoyed the new additions in the latter half! smile

His tongue flickers against mine, slips into my mouth like a thief set out to steal my heart.
This was my favorite line. His tongue slipping into her mouth "like a thief" would be a nice simile, just as it is. But a thief "set out to steal my heart" is thumbsup

I must admit that when I reached this section, I was just a little uneasy (not sure if that's the right word.) I loved that she finally admitted to herself and to him that she loves him, and the scene where she was kissing his neck was so sensual, and yet, even though this was *exactly* what I (presumably, all of us!) had been waiting for, it just seemed like the natural progression of things would lead to bed, and part of me was thinking, "No. It's too early. Not yet." I am so glad they both stepped back just a tad, glad Clark voiced his doubts, glad Lois acknowledged the pain she had caused him that day in the park. The ending was beautiful. notworthy

Not meaning to highjack the thread, but on an side note, I find Virginia's comment about the foreign language versions of the show following the script rather interesting. I always thought they dubbed directly from the spoken words of the show itself, but I guess it makes sense that they might look at a written script. Perhaps that explains all the times I've read the Spanish subtitles on movies and thought, "That's not what he said!" Maybe it was what was in the script. Huh.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for your nice feedback. What a great way to start a day laugh

Virginia is right, it was part of the script. I forgot to mention that in yesterday's post. Sometimes, I use the script for more detailed information, particularly when I've got too little time to rewatch the episode. And since I still know most episodes in the German version, I'm never quite sure if it was changed to fit the different language. I mean, in the German version of the pilot, Jimmy fixes a toaster, not the horn of a golf cart. They watch Mel Gibson movies in either version, but I wasn't sure, because I have watched the episode in english about once or maybe twice.

Anyway, when Virginia read the first version of this story, she suggested that keep the Woody Allen movies, so I did.

I can't help wondering though what will happen when Lois gets woken up from her head nudging against the ceiling at 5 in the morning.

There is just no way Clark will avoid floating with such a happy day.
Very nice idea. I entertained that thought myself. but unfortunately, I don't really know how to continue this story from this point on. If anything comes to mind, I'll be sure to explore this scene. drool

I must admit that when I reached this section, I was just a little uneasy (not sure if that's the right word.) I loved that she finally admitted to herself and to him that she loves him, and the scene where she was kissing his neck was so sensual, and yet, even though this was *exactly* what I (presumably, all of us!) had been waiting for, it just seemed like the natural progression of things would lead to bed, and part of me was thinking, "No. It's too early. Not yet." I am so glad they both stepped back just a tad, glad Clark voiced his doubts, glad Lois acknowledged the pain she had caused him that day in the park. The ending was beautiful.
Thank you very much, Vicky. Actually, this started out as a reply to a much older challenge, one that suggested to turn the scene of the Prankster into a nfic story. The wall I ran into writing this was that those were my thoughts exactly. It was too early. Even if Lois would beg Clark to go the whole way, he wouldn't do it, because it would have been taking advantage of her. And knowing Lois, she wouldn't beg in the first place. Pressuring them into doing it would lead to an untimely end of their relationship. So, I guess stopping where I did was for the best.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
those were my thoughts exactly
Great minds... smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura (LMA) wrote:
Sorry this post is a bit messed up--I had started a thread for feedback, left it open too long, a feedback thread was already created when I submitted my thread, so I tried to cut and paste my remarks into the new current thread....lost all of my smilies and quote marks--hope still readable [Embarrassed]

Virginia wrote:
How frustrating! Should this happen again, you should be able to go to the edit page (by clicking on the "piece of paper & pencil" button, if you've already posted it), highlight the entire FDK and copy. Then go to the other window and paste in your "post reply" box. I often use this technique when answering FDK, so I know it works. If you're worried about losing it, paste it in a blank WORD file until you've finished the transfer.
Thanks, Virginia smile ...appreciate the info--will know what to do next time laugh

Laura

Bakasi...ended up rereading the last half of your story again last night--really love it dance

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was a great way to start the day. Totally romantic and heartwarming. Clark, despite sharing a few soul-shattering kisses with Lois was a complete gentleman. (Sigh!) smile1

Follow-up?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Morgana.

Clark, despite sharing a few soul-shattering kisses with Lois was a complete gentleman. (Sigh!)
We wouldn't want him any other way, now would we?

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard