Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98963 01/28/14 07:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I'm sorry if this part seemed to bounce too much from scene to scene. I was trying to show what was happening at the same time with a bunch of characters. I promise that my scenes will return to their non-concise length by the next part. wink /Being concise is not a trait I can hold on to for long./

Comments appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/30/14 01:04 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Pick me up at the corner of…” She paused. “Eighth Street and Mullecky.”
/makes note/ Lois is soliciting a pick-up by a plain clothes police officer on a street corner.
MET STAR: Lex Luthor engaged to hooker – by Samantha Nize

“In my hand,” she replied.
BENDER: It’s obvious that the evidence against Mr. Luthor is fraudulent. The weapon obviously belongs to his fiancée, who, in the past, has entertained dalliances with the victim and performed unspeakable acts in unmarked police cars.

By the time Clark stopped leaping from building to building, he was back downtown again. As soon as he stopped moving, his mind focused on Lois using Kryptonite against him. Other than Cat, she was the only person in Metropolis who knew he was Superman.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Lois has learned about me and Cat hooking up the other day and now she’s ticked off. Note to self: Never let her catch me cheating on her. It’s bad for my health.

Out of the two women in his life, he never thought either of them would ever turn on him. He had trusted her. He loved her.
Wouldn’t it be funny if Lois tried to kill him and Cat dumped him on the same day?
CLARK: Funny-ha-ha or funny-why-is-there-a-horse’s-head-in-my-bed?

He couldn’t go home. He couldn’t think about what Lois did to him.
Maybe it’s easier to think about what Lex did to Lois?

only he couldn’t find the will to fly. He didn’t know what was to blame: his exposure to Kryptonite or his bereft sadness that Lois would turn against him so badly, when he had been riding high on hope again.
Sounds like Peter Pan to me.

He felt so empty and alone.
Maybe he should eat a cupcake and find himself a Wendy?

His ears perked up as his hearing improved. He could hear a woman crying. Cat!
LOIS: mad

“No,” she said through her sniffles. “Phil’s left me.”
/Clark goes off visiting Phil to ‘talk’ to him/

Clark’s brow deepened in concentration as he moved the pictures around on the table. “You haven’t cheated on Phil and certainly not with me.”
Yep, scared what Lois would do to him, now that she’s got Kryptonite rings.

“Not that this is even remotely similar, but would you have been happy, had Lois told you she wasn’t going to give up her friendship with Lex, just because you wanted her to? No, you wouldn’t have,” Cat retorted.
That’s different. Lex is a creep. Plus, Clark could easily have an accident on Lex while flying past.

He turned away under the guise of picking up photographs off the floor. “Lois didn’t give me that choice, Cat,” he whispered. “She made her own decision.”
LOIS: Think I’m stupid? After what happened the last time I let Clark make a decision?

“Stop making excuses for him. What he did was unforgiveable,” she said.
And now she sounds like Lois.

“We’ve been over this. You aren’t supposed to bleed,” Cat reminded him,
laugh

His sedan just screamed ‘unmarked police car’. She climbed into the front seat next to him a second after he pulled up to the curb.
/snaps photo of street walker/

“Fine, but I don’t want anything leaking until we know we’ve nailed him to the wall.
Preferably with railroad spikes?

Trask thought it would kill Superman instantly as high doses of radiation would do to us, but Superman isn’t built… isn’t hardwired like us.”
CLARK: [Linked Image] I’m built nothing like Lois.

On the other hand, he could claim jealousy. Everyone knows Superman and I are friends, and he could say he thought that little bit would make it uncomfortable for Superman to be around me,
LEX: Duh! My fiancée is a proven cheat, with her cheating on her boyfriend with Superman, why shouldn’t she do the same to me?

“We need to know where were looking,
[Linked Image] “we’re looking”

“So, what do you want to do?”

Lois leaned over and looked at herself in the side view mirror, before turning to face him again. “Punch me!”
shock

I’m going to play to Lex’s ego. For that, I need to look banged up more. Punch me,” she repeated.
I’m not sure if Lex is going to feel that his ego has been stroked if Lois looks well banged when she gets home.
NIGEL: I don’t think it made much difference that I had them use red crystals for the ring.

“I’m not going to hit you, Lane. It’s against the law,” Henderson said,
HENDERSON: [Linked Image]

Jimbo stepped off the bus and started walking towards the Daily Planet. He had to talk to CK. He had to apologize for coming between him and Lois and sending her into the arms of Lex Luthor.
Good thing Clark can presently hit people without killing them too much.

Even if she would’ve considered giving him a second chance, it was highly unlikely with his cousin standing between them.
Maybe they could share?

They were all ignoring the fact that it was obvious that Mr. Luthor had come to the charity event merely to see Lois, whom he evidently was still gaga for, and Jimbo thought he should be allowed to have a second chance.
CLARK: Yes, Det. Henderson. James Bartholomew Olsen here own that yellow lunchbox. You’re saying it contained the bomb? Huh. Yeah, I can see that.

One could fix a mistake on a computer much easier than one could fix a mistake in real life.
Or you just get a new one.
LEX: Hey! That’s *just* like what I’m doing with relationships.

“Nothing else would knock Superman from the sky,” Lois said.
Well, maybe a naked Lois sunbathing on a rooftop.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“She went to Suicide Slum, alone and without her bodyguard. I don’t know why. Perhaps because she knew someone would attack her there and she could scream for help. She and Luthor probably set it up that way.”
I wonder if the baiting was actually a bait and switch to get the crooks to shoot Superman while he’s down for the count…

“I… Superman zipped away, just for a few minutes… half hour, at the most… to help stop a robbery, and when he returned to LNN, she was gone. He looked everywhere.”
help

Cat rolled her eyes. “Yes, she does. You might never see it, but Lois has faults and one of her biggest is claiming credit for things. She’s definitely the type of person to tell you to your face if she was killing you and why. If she didn’t…” She raised her hands as if to say… actually, Clark wasn’t quite sure what the shrug meant.
wave

“Marry me,” he had replied without a second thought, without even realizing he was voicing his thoughts aloud.

“What?” Cat had stammered, sitting up. “What did you say?”
Awwwww

Cat had been hugging her knees, and her leg reached over and brought his knee between hers. “I’ve been with many men, Phil, so many men that I’ve lost count,” she said.
I think it was on Roseanne… Jackie one stated to her fiancée that the number of men she slept with would still all fit comfortably into a supermarket.
CAT: Well… shopping mall… [Linked Image]

“Marriage is a lifetime commitment.
LEX: Or until you find a good lawyer. Or a good hitman. Or a good psych ward.

It’s the good, the bad, and the ugly, twenty-five hours a day, eight days a week, and three-hundred sixty-six days a year.
So, it gets easier every 4 years?

She had shrugged modestly. “I find intelligence sexy.”
And yet she falls for Clark, too…

How could he have been so stupid?
/points at ‘y’ chromosome.

Clark set his hand on her shoulder to calm her. He, personally, could use a break from thinking about Lois.
JIMBO: [Linked Image]

Jimbo winced. “Ye-ouch! Sorry, man. Maybe she was right, and I am interrupting.”
DingDingDing!

“Jimmy said you were ‘the King’ when it came to women, but Cat? She’s engaged to another man now, CK.
Plus, it just makes you a comatose beggar if you score with Cat.

“Well, CK, I doubt the universe speaks to us quite as directly as…”

An explosion from below shook the floors and walls of the newsroom.
Oops?

You can place your Comments here. Well, there. Back there at the link. Darn! Okay, throw your mouse into reverse... and let me know how much you hated that I went THERE. Come on, you all knew I would.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: razz

CLARK: [puts 2 & 3 together and ends up with 6] Lois has learned about me and Cat hooking up the other day and now she’s ticked off. Note to self: Never let her catch me cheating on her. It’s bad for my health.
He doesn't know about someone spying on his luncheon yet.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Lois tried to kill him and Cat dumped him on the same day?
CLARK: Funny-ha-ha or funny-why-is-there-a-horse’s-head-in-my-bed?
Gee, I wonder what he'd do with no friends, no Lois, no job, and Superman's rep in tatters?

Maybe it’s easier to think about what Lex did to Lois?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Sounds like Peter Pan to me.
Ooops. Sorry. Wrong story. blush

Maybe he should eat a cupcake and find himself a Wendy?
[Linked Image]
CLARK: I think I just lost my appetite.

His ears perked up as his hearing improved. He could hear a woman crying. Cat!
LOIS: /mad/
What? SHE wasn't crying.

/Clark goes off visiting Phil to ‘talk’ to him/
[Linked Image]

Yep, scared what Lois would do to him, now that she’s got Kryptonite rings.
So, he's in denial?

Not that this is even remotely similar, but would you have been happy, had Lois told you she wasn’t going to give up her friendship with Lex, just because you wanted her to? No, you wouldn’t have,” Cat retorted.
ER:That’s different. Lex is a creep. Plus, Clark could easily have an accident on Lex while flying past.
Hence the disclaimer.

LOIS: Think I’m stupid? After what happened the last time I let Clark make a decision?
He proposed?
CLARK: Yeah. Like I'd ever make THAT mistake again.

And now she sounds like Lois.
Well, Lois gave Clark an ultimatum and such a threat at the end of S2, so maybe a little bit.

/snaps photo of street walker/
LOIS: The word is "pedestrian".

Preferably with railroad spikes?
Or porcupine quills dipped in jalapeno sauce and sprayed by a skunk. Whatever.

CLARK: [exactly] I’m built nothing like Lois.
Lois didn't want Henderson to ask how she knew Superman was built like a human male.
HENDERSON: Soooo tempting.
CLARK: blush Really? How embarrassing!

LEX: Duh! My fiancée is a proven cheat, with her cheating on her boyfriend with Superman, why shouldn’t she do the same to me?
CLARK: Cheat on me with you? Yep, she does that.

“we’re looking”
Thanks. Fixed.

ER: /shocked that Lois goes 100% into her stories/
CLARK: /covers ears/ num-num-num. I didn't need to hear that.

I’m not sure if Lex is going to feel that his ego has been stroked if Lois looks well banged when she gets home.
NIGEL: I don’t think it made much difference that I had them use red crystals for the ring.
Lois does have her own strange logic she's using for reasoning.

HENDERSON: [How did Lane know it was my birthday?]
Awww. Isn't she sweet?
HENDERSON: /tearing up/ Just what I wanted too.

Good thing Clark can presently hit people without killing them too much.
Do you really think that THIS Clark would ever blame others for what he considers his own mistakes?

Maybe they could share?
LUCY: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Don't even THINK about it!
LUCY: Hello! My life.
LOIS: Hello! I have to work those idiots.

CLARK: Yes, Det. Henderson. James Bartholomew Olsen here own that yellow lunchbox. You’re saying it contained the bomb? Huh. Yeah, I can see that.
eek
TANK: /rubs hands in glee as this story starts to pick up/

Or you just get a new one.
LEX: Hey! That’s *just* like what I’m doing with relationships.
Lex can afford new ones. Jimbo not so often. Computers back then still ran in the several K price tag. /fondly remembers first computer I bought with my entire summer paycheck/

“Nothing else would knock Superman from the sky,” Lois said.
ER: Well, maybe a naked Lois sunbathing on a rooftop.
SUPERMAN: [Shhhhhh!]
CLARK: Actually, that's more like a 'pull' than a 'knock'.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to Darth Michael's FDK --
I wonder if the baiting was actually a bait and switch to get the crooks to shoot Superman while he’s down for the count…
LEX: Whatever works.

No, I believe the terminology he’s looking for is ‘murderous whore’.
A loving murderous whore?

Oh dear. I just realized. What’s the ring doing to her baby? It looks like it’s not so much so she needs close contact. At home she takes it off before she showers and she probably doesn’t put her hand on her stomach too often, still…
CLARK: You can do whatever you like to Lois, Luthor, but you can't hurt her unborn child! mad
LEX: Say, what? She's damaged goods? Terrific. I've wasted another year on no-good woman.
LOIS: dance One night off every four years!

And yet she falls for Clark, too…
Nah, that was just animal attraction for a ONS.

How could he have been so stupid?
ER: /points at ‘y’ chromosome./
Oh, dear. Are my stories become predictable?

Plus, it just makes you a comatose beggar if you score with Cat.
CAT: Not every man is known to score twice.

You can place your Comments here. Well, there. Back there at the link. Darn! Okay, throw your mouse into reverse... and let me know how much you hated that I went THERE. Come on, you all knew I would.
ER: /Laughing that EW thought she could convince Readers to comment by allowing them to insult the idiotic characters in her story and her overuse of canon plots/
Well, hmmmm, it seems that Readers like to comment when I put Lois, Clark, Cat, or Phil (and/or others) in emotional or physically dangerous scenes. [Linked Image]

SPOILER ALERT! AT LEAST ONE CHARACTER DIES IN THE NEXT PART!

[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Had Lois Lane just admitted that Kent was moonlighting in tights?
Not totally. Although her using "Meena Kent", while calling about an attack on Superman might point that way. But only if you already suspect it.

"
No!” Lane exclaimed. “Just you, and don’t tell anyone. I’ve only got a short window of opportunity before he realizes that I’m missing, and I want him believe for the moment that his plan worked.”
I think that should be "him to believe for the moment".

“The killer,” she replied, being her usual vague self.
Henderson: grumble, I was hoping she would tell me who she thinks this "killer" is.

“The same man who abducted Clark. Now, he’s going after Superman,” Lane said.
Henderson: So she is pretending they are two different people. Or does she still not know they are one and the same?

Bill already knew the truth about the red and green rocks,
Although he does not realize only the green rocks are detrimental to Superman's health.

“In my hand,” she replied.
smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 Lois can now stop being undercover because she has proof Lex is a criminal.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Since I used up so many emticons on my last party, I started a new FDK section.

Henderson jumped out of his seat and pulled his jacket off the back of his chair.
Yes, he is responding with proper speed.

Someone got hold of some Kryptonite in his city and used it against Superman? This was bad.
I thought that was what we had when someone in his city tried to ruin Superman's reputation.

“Is our favorite Man in Blue okay?”

“No,
That won't happen until he is back in Lois's arms and not being hurt by it.

but he will be. Hurry,”
I don't see Clark getting OK anytime soon. Physically maybe, but not emotionally.

By the time Clark stopped leaping from building to building, he was back downtown again. As soon as he stopped moving, his mind focused on Lois using Kryptonite against him.
Urrg, Clark, stop assuming so much.

Other than Cat, she was the only person in Metropolis who knew he was Superman.
I am surprised he still believes Henderson does not know. Perry seems to not have come close to revealing he knows, but the whole "lips-reading" incident with Clark came close to forcing Henderson to admit to knowing.

Out of the two women in his life, he never thought either of them would ever turn on him. He had trusted her.
whinging that he no longer trusts Lois.

He loved her.
dance Clark still loves Lois.

He couldn’t think about what Lois did to him.
This is so sad, that he assumes she attacked him.

The pain was too fresh, too raw.
I guess some of his pain makes sense, but why has he not considered how Luthor might be behind what occurred.

He needed to distract himself. He took a shaking breath and tried to fly to the Daily Planet, only he couldn’t find the will to fly.
frown This is bad.

He didn’t know what was to blame: his exposure to Kryptonite or his bereft sadness that Lois would turn against him so badly, when he had been riding high on hope again.
This is so sad. I have to give up for a bit on my review.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
At least in his old dimension, Clark didn’t have to worry about romantic entanglements.
I thought that was why he came to this dimension to begin with.

With Superman’s secret public knowledge, he couldn’t have any.
Why not, other public figures have spouses. It would prevent his wife from having a normal life, but I am sure he could find women who would be willing to accept the situation.

“Is everything all right?” he asked, opening the door.

“No,” she said through her sniffles. “Phil’s left me.”
I am half surprised Cat did not give him a snide answer like "oh course, I am just crying because I like to."

Clark’s brow deepened in concentration as he moved the pictures around on the table. “You haven’t cheated on Phil and certainly not with me.”
So she might have cheated on him with someone else?

“Did you tell him about the baby?” Clark whispered.
It might have helped. However, with Phil feeling so uncertain, he might have just assumed it was Clark's.

I suspect what would have happened was that Phil would have accepted not giving his ultimatum, and accepted staying with Cat. However he would have been resentful about it at heart. I think Cat was wise to not tell him, even if it is causing more pain.

“No. If he can’t accept me for me, I don’t want him to accept me only because of that,” Cat explained.
For once I have to support Cat's reasoning. If she had brought up the baby then, Phil would have just resented it, deep down inside.

“This didn’t seem like the best time to bring it up. Anyway, I don’t know for sure that it is his.”
Of course it is his. The EW is not that mean.

Clark smiled weakly and ran his hand over her hair. “I do, but I still want you to choose him. You love him, Cat. I’ve never seen anyone so in love. Choose him. I’ll still be your friend. I promise not to take it personally.”
What good does Clark still being Cat's friend do, when she has to not be his friend to make the choice?

“Not that this is even remotely similar, but would you have been happy, had Lois told you she wasn’t going to give up her friendship with Lex, just because you wanted her to? No, you wouldn’t have,” Cat retorted.
Isn't that exactly what Lois told him, on multiple occasions? Like every time she refused to return the watch?

“I’m never going to be happy with either choice, Clark,” Cat replied.
This is where it pays to be more stubborn. Phil can't be happy with Cat having made this choice. He is bound to give in eventually, and then try to convince Cat to take him back on her terms.

“Sure, you will. In time, Phil will realize that those accusations were ungrounded and that there’s never been anything between us, but friendship.
True, but technically that will be neither choice.

In the meantime, you’ll not have ruined your relationship. He’s just scared he’ll lose you, that’s all.” He remembered Lana and her Superman ultimatum, and he was flooded with guilt.
Or was it Lana and her stay away from Lois ultimatum?

“We’ve been over this. You aren’t supposed to bleed,” Cat reminded him, standing up and moving around to the front of him. “What happened?”
Clark:Lois tried to kill me.

“If it’s not on the record, I can’t arrest anyone.”
Point to Henderson.

“Fine, but I don’t want anything leaking until we know we’ve nailed him to the wall.
Henderson: I do organized crime, I do not let things leak.

Clark and I have full exclusivity of this. It’s our story or no dice,”
Henderson:You quit the DP for LNN, and got engaged to Lex Luthor who Clark hates and things is a big-time criminal. Somehow I can't see how you and Clark are still working together.

before launching into a rough summary of events, minus the kissing, begging for forgiveness, and pledges of love on her behalf.
But without the kissing detail, Henderson does not know how close Lois was to Superman, and so is limited from understanding how Kryptonite works.

Lois:The fewer people who understand the real power of Kryptonite the better. If people think it is more powerful than it is, Clark will be safer. They will bring too little to hurt him. So I want people to think it is more deadly and painful to Clark than it really is.

“No, it’s a diamond,” Lois said, holding it up for him to see. “But it’s coated in Kryptonite somehow.
Lex is more evil than I thought. He endangered Lois's life.

“Against Lex Luthor?”

She nodded.
At least Henderson knows that much.

“No, ‘ran’. He jumped from roof to roof.” She pressed her lips together.
Lois, spin it as entirely from the Kryptonite. The more powerful others think it is, the better.

Lois studied him, before speaking. “The Kryptonite temporarily knocked out his ability to fly; that’s why we crashed onto the roof,” she said.
Henderson basically already knows this.

“The radiation from the Kryptonite weakens him, removing his abilities, including his invulnerability, which is how he can be hurt…” She swallowed, remembering the torn cape and suit.
I am surprised she does not also have images of him in the hospital bed.

Lois:I try not to think of those images. They make me too impatient with being separated from him by this investigation.

“… and killed. I don’t think Lex knows that’s how it kills him only that it does. Trask thought it would kill Superman instantly as high doses of radiation would do to us, but Superman isn’t built… isn’t hardwired like us.”
Lois:He is built much better than other men as well, but that is not something I feel like having Henderson ask how I know.

“But it’s not enough. His lawyers will be able to convince the jury that I could have coated the ring myself to incriminate him.
They would just have to pull up testimony of her various under-cover activities to argue she acted loose with the law and was always after a big story. They would also try and play up a line about her enticing lots of expensive meals out of Luthor with false promises.

Even if we could get him dead to rights on the possession of a deadly substance…”
They would have to prove that Luthor knew what it was. Even then, they would have to prove an intention to have her expose Superman to it. That works easiest if they can prove these thugs were Luthor's employees. That will be hard to do.

Lex could claim that he was protecting me, knowing how Superman’s such a risk or some other B.S. like that.
I hope people are not ready to believe such rubbish.

On the other hand, he could claim jealousy. Everyone knows Superman and I are friends, and he could say he thought that little bit would make it uncomfortable for Superman to be around me, but he doubted that he could seriously harm the man.”
Actually, if he goes that route, he is likely to get convicted of something. 1994 is not the 1850s, men do not have the right in the US to assert their control over their wife by physically attacking (or killing) their wife's lover. Even less so if it is a fiancée and they can not even present evidence of the person being a lover.

“We don’t know that,” he replied, but Lois could hear his doubts. “The ring is enough to get us a warrant.”
But if they do get a warrant, it will destroy Lois being undercover. Oh wait, that would be great.

smile1 clap party Lois will have to stop being undercover.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He tried to kill Clark and he tried to kill Superman, he deserves no less,” she insisted.
Henderson: How do you know he tried to kill Clark.

On another note, I am surprised under this stress she did not say "he tried to kill Cl ... Superman".

“We need to know where we're looking, where Lex keeps his Kryptonite,
Maybe he put it all on her ring? OK, I am sure that is not what happened.

If we don’t get find it with the first warrant…”
I think she would say "don't find it with" or "don't get it with", not what she said. Unless she is showing how much the stress is disturbing her.

Lois leaned over and looked at herself in the side view mirror, before turning to face him again. “Punch me!”
smile1 Although, is Lois trying to make it so she has some story to report?

“I want you to hit me in the face. I’m going to need to remain undercover and to do so, I’m going to play to Lex’s ego. For that, I need to look banged up more. Punch me,” she repeated.
Henderson: Punch yourself Lois.

Lois and sending her into the arms of Lex Luthor.
But the only arms she has been in today are Clark's.

All he could think about was how he had inadvertently interfered with a friend’s relationship.
CK: At least someone feels bad about what Lois has done to me. I hated that, it was the closest I have had to a date with Lois, and yet, it was so far.

Reader: What about at the new spaghetti restaurant by your place.

CK:I meant a sane Lois.

Reader: What about on your birthday.

CK:Well, public date, Anyway Lois broke up with me on my birthday. That was horrible.

True, Jimbo’s mother had never gotten over his father’s abandonment of them,
So he had an alcoholic mother with no father at all?

While Mrs. Lane had fallen into a bottle, Mrs. Olsen had eaten her way through her misery.
OK, so at least Mrs. Olsen was not an alcoholic. Still, she may have been just as disconnected at times.

Jimbo always wondered if his father had chosen them over his career what difference it would have made in his life.
Reader:Hmm, maybe that is why in alt-world Jimmy is a computer millionaire. His father did not abandon him as a child, and he was able to develop normally.

Lucy had told him more than once while they dated how she had wished her sister would fall for Clark Kent over Lex Luthor.
It don't think that was ever really in doubt. The only contender for Clark in Lois's affections was Superman.

Unfortunately, Lois and CK had fought over something and had a falling out for most of the summer.
Yes, they had a falling out because Clark did not want Lois to pretend to date him so she could really date his alter-ego.

Lois had then spent the rest of the summer, until the man had shot her, dating the billionaire.
I thought it was more like very limited dates to try to force SM's hand.

Jimbo had felt bad for Luthor that Lois had dumped him for accidentally shooting her.
This just shows how clueless he is. Lois did not "dump" Luthor for that. She has already chosen to go on a date with CK over one with Luthor before any shots were fired.

He could picture himself doing something like that, so ill-conceived and stupid, not actually shooting someone.
But the shooting was deliberate and planned.

If that wasn’t analogous to shooting himself in the foot, he didn’t know what was.
But Luthor shot Lois in the shoulder, not himself in the foot. If he had shot himself and Lois had broken up with him because he was a klutz, Jimbo might have a point, but not now.

That was the main reason Jimbo had nudged Lois and Mr. Luthor together at the Magic of the Night Ball.
He really is an idiot. He should have not acted without knowing anything about what Lois and Clark had been up to since the shooting. Actually, he is more out of the loop than he seems. He should have realized they went on a date to the Kerths together. How did he miss that one?

They were all ignoring the fact that it was obvious that Mr. Luthor had come to the charity event merely to see Lois,
Clark:We ignored that fact, because we hoped it would make Luthor go away.

whom he evidently was still gaga for, and Jimbo thought he should be allowed to have a second chance.[/Quoter]

Murderers do not deserve any chances.

[Quote]He figured Lois and CK bumped into one another at the event.
Goes to show how clueless he is. Anyway, why does Jimbo care so much about Luthor getting his way and so little about Clark getting it?

She had seemed so miserable when they had met to discuss the Nightfall spreadsheet, as if her whole world had fallen apart.
Because of all the evil Luthor had done.

How was Jimbo to know it had to do with falling in love with CK?
Maybe if he had asked her instead of assuming.

Especially after Lois had said that she came to the Ball with Jimbo, when he knew that to be the furthest thing from the truth.
He should have at least gone along since she clearly wanted this to be the case.

Jimmy would’ve known she was covering for an illicit romance with her partner.
Jimbo still does not get it. He is not getting why Lois was covering this up.

and insist that CK talk to Lois.
That will be hard to convince him to do right now.

She wasn’t married to Luthor, yet, only engaged, and engagements broke every day.
So do marriages. However, I have to agree with Jimbo here.

Jimbo would even volunteer to speak to Lois on CK’s behalf, since it was all his fault.
That would not help. CK would not believe that Lois loved him at this point, unless Lois tells and shows him in very clear ways.

Anyway, he knew where Lois spent her evenings.
He could just tell Clark this and get Clark to go there.

“Dr. Klein?” Jonas guessed.
smile1 we get to meet Dr. Klein again.

“Well, I doubt anyone is an ‘expert’, but Bernard Klein is as close as they come,” Jonas answered. “At least here at S.T.A.R. Labs.”
Not right now. The number one human authority on Superman, Lois Lane, is in S.T.A.R. labs right now.

Nothing else would knock Superman from the sky,” Lois said.
Unless Clark has another weakness he has not told Lois about. Not that he has ever explained what Kryptonite does to her either.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“What do you mean ‘Lois came after you with Kryptonite’?” Cat repeated back to him.
At least she is being skeptical. One might be afraid she would want to make Clark suffer as much as her. Okay, not really, That is not how Cat acts.

Cat waved away the difference.
Lois has accepted they are one and the same for about a month and a half. There is no difference.

“She went to Suicide Slum, alone and without her bodyguard. I don’t know why.
Maybe because she wanted to feel free for a little bit. Or maybe because most of her sources do not want to deal with St. John.

Perhaps because she knew someone would attack her there and she could scream for help. She and Luthor probably set it up that way.”
This is horrible that Clark thinks Lois would plot this with Luthor.

He stood up and started pacing. “I… Superman zipped away, just for a few minutes… half hour, at the most… to help stop a robbery,
He really should take "octopus" more seriously.

and when he returned to LNN, she was gone. He looked everywhere.”
Clark does have a bad tendency to talk of himself in the 3rd person.

Clark ran a hand through his hair. “I was over Suicide Slum when I heard her scream.
So much for 3rd person detachment.

Some men were attacking her on the stairs to the elevated train. I… he snatched her away from them and took off. Just like old times.”
See, he should pay attention to that.

His traitorous mind replayed how good it felt to have Lois in his arms with her head against his chest,
smile1 he still liked having Lois there.

to smell her hint of perfume up close, to feel her hair whip his face…
dance Even when in pain Clark does the Super thing. Thus showing it is not the powers that make him Superman.

“We rolled and slid across the roof, ending a good fifteen feet from where we landed,” he continued, not wanting to admit the truth that, even then, he hadn’t known what Lois was doing to him.
That is, he then knew the truth, and has now obscured it. She was not doing anything to him. It was the ring that she accepted from Lex as part of her investigation that was doing something to him.

“When Lois touched my face it burned in a familiar way,” he went on. “I knew she had Kryptonite. I could hardly breathe, let alone speak. Then she started kissing me…”
And this didn't clue Clark into the fact that Lois did not know she had Kryptonite, why?

“Hold on. Hold on! Stop right there. She kissed you?” Cat shook her head. “Clark, I told you she still loves you.”
party at least someone gets the truth.

“Yeah, she mentioned that as well as she pinned me to the roof with her body and stabbed me with a poisoned dagger.”
Listen to her words Clark. Anyway, she did not stab you.

Disbelief covered Cat’s face. “She stabbed you?”

“Metaphorically.”
Only if she knew she had kryptonite. Since Clark has never explained what it really does to him or given her a really good explanation of what it looks like, how was she supposed to know? He doesn't know that she knows about the watch.

With a glower, Cat pressed her lips together with annoyance. “Let’s stick to facts, shall we? The literal facts, please.”
But that makes the story so much less exciting.

“No, but go on,” she said. “Did she know what she was doing?”

“The pain made my ears ring, I could hardly hear her.
Short answer that Clark should give: I don't know.

She kept telling me that she was ‘sorry’; therefore, she must’ve known what she was doing,” Clark went on.
Or maybe she was sorry that she had not been able to kiss him for a few weeks.

“She apologized for killing you?” Cat said skeptically as walked to the other end of the room and back again.
I think that should be "as she walked", although I am not positive it is Cat walking.

Cat rolled her eyes. “Yes, she does. You might never see it, but Lois has faults and one of her biggest is claiming credit for things. She’s definitely the type of person to tell you to your face if she was killing you and why. If she didn’t…” She raised her hands as if to say… actually, Clark wasn’t quite sure what the shrug meant.
I don't think Cat convinced Clark that he was wrong that Lois tried to kill him.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Phil felt horrible. Worse than horrible, in fact downright miserable.
Clark:At least I am not the only one. Although the love of his life did not just try to kill him. Nor has his love of his life gotten engaged to another man. So what has he to be sad about. He brought his problem entirely on himself.

He loved Cat. She was sweet, loving, and knock down gorgeous.
At least he does not lead with the physical.

It was a miracle that she spoke to him, and, yet, according to Joe she seemed to like him as much as he liked her.
He really should have listened to Joe, and paused to wonder if he was being rash.

Phil had spent most of his entire thirty-four years longing to meet such a woman, and he doubted he could find another one who made him half as happy.
Which is why he should go back, admit he is wrong, and apologize for being a lunkhead.

Clark:See, not all lunkheads are from Krypton.

Cat had promised him that there wasn’t anything going on between her and Kent, but how couldn’t Phil be jealous with the photographic evidence spread out before them?
He could accept that photographs are lies.

Kent was everything Phil wasn’t, everything a woman like Cat deserved.
But Kent does not want Cat.

Kent was the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome, while Phil was out of shape, not so tall, and had thinning hair.
Obviously Cat does not care as much about outward appearance as some think.

The only things he and Kent had in common were that they were both male, both wore glasses, and both cared a lot for Cat.
All true, although Kent cares about her in a brotherly way.

If Kent ever took up contacts, Phil hoped it was well after he and Cat had moved to Houston.
See, he already has given up on making this stand.

Phil groaned. As if that would ever happen now. He could just kick himself.
Run back and apologize Phil. Tell Cat she was right and you were wrong. The sooner you do it, the sooner she will forgive you. Actually the amount of time that it will take to be forgiven is probably increasing exponentially with each step away from Cat.

Of course, she would keep her best friends whom she had known… however long over her whirlwind romance with him.
Maybe he should have sought to know Cat more before giving ultimatums.

Especially since Phil had already floored her with the news that NASA hired him back and he was due in Houston by mid-summer.
Yes, that would have been wise. Move to Houston and then discuss whether Cat should be running up huge phone bills to call her old friends. OK, that is probably not a good way to do things either. However Phil's ultimatum was a horrible idea.

Phil couldn’t tell if she sounded frightened or excited. He took a chance and steamrolled ahead. He turned to face her. “I love you more than anything in the universe, and nothing would make me happier than spending the rest of my life, proving to you how incredibly special and wonderful you are.”
Now if Clark had said this to Lois when he proposed, maybe she would have said yes. Okay, probably not yes, but she would have probably still figured out how to tell him what she was doing.

“So,” he had said. “What only matters to me is from now on.”
Evidently that did not stay true.

Now, he was in hell.
One that he made all on his own.

worse than whoever created that rumored Nightfall virus, which convinced Superman to destroy a harmless asteroid and endanger the Earth.
They need to get Phil to come out in the open and explain that this is what happened to more people.

Phil turned right down a side street, and then another.
Yes, Phil has let sense come into him. He has swallowed his pride quickly.

He had to go back. He had to beg Cat to forgive him. He had to plead for her to take him back. He only prayed that he wasn’t too late.
We just hope he beats the bomb, and does not find a dead estranged fiancée.

“Someday, you’ll see I was right about this, and you were wrong.”
Hopefully it will be a very soon someday.

Whoa, man, what’s this?” Jimbo asked, picking up a photo of Clark and Cat outside the Metro Diner.
Jimbo just does not know when to not cut into other people's business.

“You don’t want to know,” Clark said, snatching the photo away from Jimbo and adding it to the others.
Oh no, that is the way to make things worse. Just admit what they are Clark.

“In TV shows and movies, whenever someone gets caught in a compromising position, they always say ‘it isn’t what it looks like’ and, yet, it always is what it looks like,” Jimbo replied.
He just watches the wrong movies. Sometimes the innocent get framed.

“Jimmy said you were ‘the King’ when it came to women, but Cat? She’s engaged to another man now, CK.
Clark:Not everything Jimmy says is the truth.

She and Lois are friends.
Since Lois is engaged to another man, what does that have to do with anything. Also, it is totally not true.

Anyway, I came here to tell you to fight for Lois, to tell her how you really feel, because I thought you were a stand-up guy and deserved better…”
Clark does not have the heart to do that. Also, that last line just cut him in another way. Now he really will feel like leaving.

“Lois is engaged to another man, too. Maybe my relationship with her is exactly what I deserve,”
whinging that Clark has given up.

An explosion from below shook the floors and walls of the newsroom.
Maybe we have not yet hit bottom. This could kill all of the friends Clark thinks he still has. Perry, Jimbo, Jimmy and Cat may all die.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Darth Michael's comments reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention. I have to officially give up any claims that Lois is pregnant now.

If she was pregnant she would have felt the effects of the Kryptonite on the ring immediately since they would have cause severe negative reactions on the part of her unborn child.

It is no longer workable to claim she is pregnant. If she had been pregnant, the ring would have caused her child to die. However at six weeks into the pregnancy she would have noticed this. So that did not happen. So I have to assume that either

A-Lois and Clark did not go as far in the hospital as his dream implied they had.

or

B-Their actions did not on this occasion cause a pregnancy.

Or C-A combination of both A and B, because Clark's memory implied multiple times doing an action that could have caused a pregnancy, so maybe Lois could argue she was truthful since she might have just been saying his memory of how many times they did certain things was flawed.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Whoa, John! [Linked Image] You bowl me over.
Not totally. Although her using "Meena Kent", while calling about an attack on Superman might point that way. But only if you already suspect it.
One would have to be looking for it.

I think that should be "him to believe for the moment".
Thanks. Fixed.

Henderson: grumble, I was hoping she would tell me who she thinks this "killer" is.
Nah, Henderson knows Lane better than that. Actually, he's surprised he's hearing about it before it becomes public knowledge first.

Henderson: So she is pretending they are two different people. Or does she still not know they are one and the same?
That's part of the fun of knowing the secret, seeing whether or not or when others figure it out as well.

Although he does not realize only the green rocks are detrimental to Superman's health.
If you ask canon Clark, he would say the red rocks are detrimental as well.

Lois can now stop being undercover because she has proof Lex is a criminal.
cool

I thought that was what we had when someone in his city tried to ruin Superman's reputation.
Yep. Superman's rep is in tatters and now someone is using that to justify killing him.

That won't happen until he is back in Lois's arms and not being hurt by it.
Not necessarily.

I am surprised he still believes Henderson does not know. Perry seems to not have come close to revealing he knows, but the whole "lips-reading" incident with Clark came close to forcing Henderson to admit to knowing.
It's only a coincidence.

/crying/ that he no longer trusts Lois.
Well, she did just try to kill him.
LOIS: mad Lex! Lex tried to kill him, using me!

I guess some of his pain makes sense, but why has he not considered how Luthor might be behind what occurred.
Because it's worse luck if Lois was in on it.

At least in his old dimension, Clark didn’t have to worry about romantic entanglements.
I thought that was why he came to this dimension to begin with.
It was. Now, he's wondering if that was such a good idea.

Why not, other public figures have spouses. It would prevent his wife from having a normal life, but I am sure he could find women who would be willing to accept the situation.
True, but being Superman isn't the same as being an actor or a sports hero. Criminals would be more likely to go after anyone with a close relationship with Superman. Also, no Lois, and she's the only one he wants.

I am half surprised Cat did not give him a snide answer like "oh course, I am just crying because I like to."
Good point. Cat would be more catty. I'll change it for the Archive version. The line now reads:

“Yes,” she said through her sniffles. “Everything’s fine and dandy. I come into the conference room every day about this time to cry my eyes out thinking how wonderful my life is!”
So she might have cheated on him with someone else?
CLARK: /hesitantly/ I didn't say that.
CAT: You didn't NOT say it either.
CLARK: Soooooo, you and Phil, huh? My day was worse.

It might have helped. However, with Phil feeling so uncertain, he might have just assumed it was Clark's.

I suspect what would have happened was that Phil would have accepted not giving his ultimatum, and accepted staying with Cat. However he would have been resentful about it at heart. I think Cat was wise to not tell him, even if it is causing more pain.
A baby should never be used to save a relationship... it wouldn't bode well, if she had.

For once I have to support Cat's reasoning. If she had brought up the baby then, Phil would have just resented it, deep down inside.
That would be bad.

Of course it is his. The EW is not that mean.
Aw, shucks. [Linked Image] Golly gee.

What good does Clark still being Cat's friend do, when she has to not be his friend to make the choice?
Clark's saying that he wouldn't hold it against her, if she chose Phil over him, and that he'd still be there for her if she ever needed him. Would it help Clark? Not so much.

Isn't that exactly what Lois told him, on multiple occasions? Like every time she refused to return the watch?
Clark didn't specifically ask her to stay away from Luthor every time he saw the watch. He didn't say, 'it's your friendship with Lex or it's me. You choose.' Of course, Clark thinks she chose anyway.

This is where it pays to be more stubborn. Phil can't be happy with Cat having made this choice. He is bound to give in eventually, and then try to convince Cat to take him back on her terms.
Or he might cut his losses...

True, but technically that will be neither choice.
Exactly what Cat's saying. Ultimatums don't work.

Or was it Lana and her stay away from Lois ultimatum?
No, after she saw him with the suit on, she gave him a "it's being Superman or marrying me" choice.

Henderson: I do organized crime, I do not let things leak.
LEX: lol Isn't he cute?

Henderson:You quit the DP for LNN, and got engaged to Lex Luthor who Clark hates and things is a big-time criminal. Somehow I can't see how you and Clark are still working together.
It could be a joint story between the DP and LNN.

But without the kissing detail, Henderson does not know how close Lois was to Superman, and so is limited from understanding how Kryptonite works.
What? Superman rescued Lois, taking her into his arms and up into the sky. That's pretty close.

Lex is more evil than I thought. He endangered Lois's life.
LEX: But Kryptonite isn't supposed to hurt humans.

Lois, spin it as entirely from the Kryptonite. The more powerful others think it is, the better.
The better to hurt Superman with? The better the criminal will start searching for it again with?

I am surprised she does not also have images of him in the hospital bed.
The roof scene was more recent.

Lois:He is built much better than other men as well, but that is not something I feel like having Henderson ask how I know.
Exactly.

They would just have to pull up testimony of her various under-cover activities to argue she acted loose with the law and was always after a big story. They would also try and play up a line about her enticing lots of expensive meals out of Luthor with false promises.
BENDER: Sounds good enough for an acquittal to me.

They would have to prove that Luthor knew what it was. Even then, they would have to prove an intention to have her expose Superman to it. That works easiest if they can prove these thugs were Luthor's employees. That will be hard to do.
Who said that they were?

Lex could claim that he was protecting me, knowing how Superman’s such a risk or some other B.S. like that.
JOHN: I hope people are not ready to believe such rubbish.
Well, after Arianna's and LNN's smear campaign...

Actually, if he goes that route, he is likely to get convicted of something. 1994 is not the 1850s, men do not have the right in the US to assert their control over their wife by physically attacking (or killing) their wife's lover. Even less so if it is a fiancée and they can not even present evidence of the person being a lover.
Yes, but he could claim that he thought it worked like a force field to keep that naughty Superman away from his woman.

But if they do get a warrant, it will destroy Lois being undercover.
It would be difficult to remain as Lex's fiancee if he knew she was the one who brought her ring to the police, yes.

Oh wait, that would be great.
/John throws an 'end of investigation' party/ Lois will have to stop being undercover.
/Hmmmm/ Me thinks this investigation may have gone on too long.
CLARK: Tell me about it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Henderson: How do you know he tried to kill Clark.
LOIS: Well, there's the watch... which has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with hurting Clark... blush

On another note, I am surprised under this stress she did not say "he tried to kill Cl ... Superman".
Two reasons: 1) She's already revealed his secret to Perry, she doesn't need another slip up, so she's being extra careful. 2) Some time has already passed and she's passed the initial spike in stress this situation brought.

Maybe he put it all on her ring? OK, I am sure that is not what happened.
LOIS: Yeah, and maybe he put all of it on the watch. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I think she would say "don't find it with" or "don't get it with", not what she said. Unless she is showing how much the stress is disturbing her.
Sorry. Fixed.

Although, is Lois trying to make it so she has some story to report?
Lex is more likely to believe her story if she was injured during the abduction attempt. She was scratched up a little bit during her fight on the stairs, but nothing huge. Superman saved her from being hurt when they crashed on the roof.

Henderson: Punch yourself Lois.
wave

Reader:Hmm, maybe that is why in alt-world Jimmy is a computer millionaire. His father did not abandon him as a child, and he was able to develop normally.
Maybe...

It don't think that was ever really in doubt. The only contender for Clark in Lois's affections was Superman.
Yes, but Lois never told anyone *that*.

Yes, they had a falling out because Clark did not want Lois to pretend to date him so she could really date his alter-ego.
CLARK: dizzy

But Luthor shot Lois in the shoulder, not himself in the foot. If he had shot himself and Lois had broken up with him because he was a klutz, Jimbo might have a point, but not now.
Not literally. Figuratively, shooting oneself in the foot.

He really is an idiot. He should have not acted without knowing anything about what Lois and Clark had been up to since the shooting. Actually, he is more out of the loop than he seems. He should have realized they went on a date to the Kerths together. How did he miss that one?
Of course, Jimbo was out of the loop. He wasn't working at the DP at the time and only knew what was happening when Jimmy happened to mention something in passing. Lois went to the Kerths with Lois. Jimmy had been kind enough not to rub in his budding relationship with Lucy in his cousin's face.

Clark:We ignored that fact, because we hoped it would make Luthor go away.
JIMBO: How was I supposed to know that?

Murderers do not deserve any chances.
Jimbo doesn't know this about Lex.

Goes to show how clueless he is. Anyway, why does Jimbo care so much about Luthor getting his way and so little about Clark getting it?
At that point, Jimbo was trying to help Lois. He didn't know that Clark had a shot at her.

Maybe if he had asked her instead of assuming.
JIMBO: So, Lois, I see that you've been down lately. Had your heart broken recently, or something?

He should have at least gone along since she clearly wanted this to be the case.
He thought she had said this to either save face or make Luthor jealous.

Jimbo still does not get it. He is not getting why Lois was covering this up.
Why should he?

That will be hard to convince him to do right now.
CLARK: Not really in the mood. But thanks, Jimbo.

He could just tell Clark this and get Clark to go there.
Perry said that she was undercover at LNN, which is why she couldn't have direct contact with Clark.

Not right now. The number one human authority on Superman, Lois Lane, is in S.T.A.R. labs right now.
But she's not unbiased, nor a scientific authority.

Unless Clark has another weakness he has not told Lois about. Not that he has ever explained what Kryptonite does to her either.
LOIS: He better not have. laugh Um... Clark doesn't know Kryptonian.

Even when in pain Clark does the Super thing. Thus showing it is not the powers that make him Superman.
Saving Lois is always forefront in his mind.

That is, he then knew the truth, and has now obscured it. She was not doing anything to him. It was the ring that she accepted from Lex as part of her investigation that was doing something to him.
So, you're saying that Clark is using revisionist history or looking at what happened with hindsight. Gee, none of us do THAT.

And this didn't clue Clark into the fact that Lois did not know she had Kryptonite, why?
He thought it was a distraction technique.
CLARK: I must say it was an ingenious idea and it almost worked.

Only if she knew she had kryptonite. Since Clark has never explained what it really does to him or given her a really good explanation of what it looks like, how was she supposed to know? He doesn't know that she knows about the watch.
Even so, the Kryptonite dust on the ring isn't easily visible. It isn't a large amount and it was located under the setting, which is why Lois didn't notice it. The watch was made of actual stones. The ring is neither green nor red, so she wouldn't think Kryptonite.

But that makes the story so much less exciting.
laugh

But Kent does not want Cat.
CAT: Details. Details.

Obviously Cat does not care as much about outward appearance as some think.
CAT: I have layers.
CLARK: Like an ogre?
CAT: No, not like an ogre!
EW: /Sorry, saw Shrek again recently and couldn't help myself/

Run back and apologize Phil. Tell Cat she was right and you were wrong. The sooner you do it, the sooner she will forgive you. Actually the amount of time that it will take to be forgiven is probably increasing exponentially with each step away from Cat.
Good advice.

Maybe he should have sought to know Cat more before giving ultimatums.
The relationship had to be rushed. He's moving.

Yes, that would have been wise. Move to Houston and then discuss whether Cat should be running up huge phone bills to call her old friends. OK, that is probably not a good way to do things either. However Phil's ultimatum was a horrible idea.
Aren't most ultimatums?

Now if Clark had said this to Lois when he proposed, maybe she would have said yes. Okay, probably not yes, but she would have probably still figured out how to tell him what she was doing.
LOIS: Okay. Give me the night full of hot passion and then ask me to marry you, Clark, and I'll consider it.
CLARK: Uh... [Linked Image]

They need to get Phil to come out in the open and explain that this is what happened to more people.
Guess Phil isn't a LNN / Met Star follower.

Yes, Phil has let sense come into him. He has swallowed his pride quickly.
CAT: Always a good choice when in a relationship with me. Oh, dear. Did I say that aloud?

We just hope he beats the bomb, and does not find a dead estranged fiancée.
cool

Jimbo just does not know when to not cut into other people's business.
JIMBO: /glances down at job description/ But it says here, 'must interrupt as many conversations as possible'. It doesn't say that they are all must be with Lois and Clark.

Oh no, that is the way to make things worse. Just admit what they are Clark.
It's none of Jimbo's business that someone is trying to ruin Cat's life.

He just watches the wrong movies. Sometimes the innocent get framed.
JIMBO: Really? Huh. Imagine that.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Since Lois is engaged to another man, what does that have to do with anything. Also, it is totally not true.
Guy code. /i.e. do not date friend's girlfriends/ Jimbo assumes it applies to girls as well.
JIMMY: Oooops. Wait! Jimbo stole Lucy from me first.

Clark does not have the heart to do that. Also, that last line just cut him in another way. Now he really will feel like leaving.
And here I made it less harsh than in the original Beta version.

Maybe we have not yet hit bottom. This could kill all of the friends Clark thinks he still has. Perry, Jimbo, Jimmy and Cat may all die.
LOIS: That would be bad. REALLY, really bad.
EW: What about Eduardo, Valdez, Ralph, Wally, Pete, Glenn, and all the other staffers? Should they survive as well?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Darth Michael's comments reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention. I have to officially give up any claims that Lois is pregnant now.

If she was pregnant she would have felt the effects of the Kryptonite on the ring immediately since they would have cause severe negative reactions on the part of her unborn child.

It is no longer workable to claim she is pregnant. If she had been pregnant, the ring would have caused her child to die. However at six weeks into the pregnancy she would have noticed this. So that did not happen. So I have to assume that either

A-Lois and Clark did not go as far in the hospital as his dream implied they had.

or

B-Their actions did not on this occasion cause a pregnancy.

Or C-A combination of both A and B, because Clark's memory implied multiple times doing an action that could have caused a pregnancy, so maybe Lois could argue she was truthful since she might have just been saying his memory of how many times they did certain things was flawed.
The only one who knows the truth about what happened at the hospital is Lois and she's not talking.
CLARK: She said nothing happened and that I have an active imagination.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
EW: cool

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I guess I should have said only the green rocks are detrimental to Superman's physical health.

Although actually 2 of the three times we see red K in Lois and Clark it has physical effects on Superman.

LOIS: [Mad] Lex! Lex tried to kill him, using me!
I have to agree with Lois here. Also, if Clark would have stayed just out of the range of the green Kryptonite and listened to Lois, he would already know this.

True, but being Superman isn't the same as being an actor or a sports hero. Criminals would be more likely to go after anyone with a close relationship with Superman. Also, no Lois, and she's the only one he wants.
My response to the first part is, Henderson is married. OK, he is not quite as high-profile a target, but still. The later part I think is the real answer.

I am not saying that the wife of Superman could have a normal life. But I think he could set up a way for her to be safe most of the time.

A baby should never be used to save a relationship... it wouldn't bode well, if she had.
I think that is what I was trying to say.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It does when they are pregnant with a half-Kryptonian child.
peep

They went on an official date for her birthday.
I think I meant to have a "this year" qualifier in there, since they also went on a date to the Kerths, or at least it became a date at some point.

Lois went to the Kerths with Lois.
Lois:This way I get both the invitee's desert and the desert meant for the invitee's guest. (OK, I know you meant to say Jimmy, but still).

Perry said that she was undercover at LNN, which is why she couldn't have direct contact with Clark.
But why can't he go see Lois at the Soup Kitchen, if Jimbo can?

He doesn't always feel the pain first. In Ordinary People, he lost his use of his heat vision before guessing that Kryptonite might be around.
Some details of Ordinary People seem better to ignore. I loved the beach scenes, although I think Clark should have admitted to Lois that he lost the bet and used his powers to scare off the tiger. The getting the cheese from France made sense, but when he started running off mid-sentence for chocolate and Peruvian ice, it seemed a bit much. It was funny, but it seemed a bit far fetched. "Ordinary People" is one of the shows that illustrates that "Lois and Clark" was a sit com. They built up story lines and issues in one episode, and then almost ignored them later on. Although "Top Copy" and "That Good Old Gang of Mine" are the worst on that front.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Um... Clark doesn't know Kryptonian.
Cat does not know this.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! I still have a reader!
blush Mihgt be a tad busy from time to times, but still there. One has to keep up with the cape flapping. Miss one episode and you have no idea what’s going and who’s sleeping with whom and who’s carrying who’s love child and who’s sister is sleeping with who’s twin.

Wow, look! The Met STAR has just been blown up. I wonder why?
LEX: Ooops. Nigel! Wrong newspaper!
help
Meanwhile…
HT Wells: Huh, I wonder if I needed that fuse that just blew over there on the time machine…

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I guess I should have said only the green rocks are detrimental to Superman's physical health.
CLARK: Well, that's before the red rocks made me horny.

Although actually 2 of the three times we see red K in Lois and Clark it has physical effects on Superman.
3 times? I thought it was only S2's Individual Responsibility and S4's Lethal Weapon. When was the third time?

LOIS: [Mad] Lex! Lex tried to kill him, using me!
JOHN: I have to agree with Lois here. Also, if Clark would have stayed just out of the range of the green Kryptonite and listened to Lois, he would already know this.
So, you're saying I need to get those crazy couple together in a room without Kryptonite to talk?
LOIS: Can the lock be broken?

EW: True, but being Superman isn't the same as being an actor or a sports hero. Criminals would be more likely to go after anyone with a close relationship with Superman. Also, no Lois, and she's the only one he wants.
JOHN: My response to the first part is, Henderson is married. OK, he is not quite as high-profile a target, but still. The later part I think is the real answer.
Well, Henderson was targeted once (when he and Perry were younger) and framed for murder.

I am not saying that the wife of Superman could have a normal life. But I think he could set up a way for her to be safe most of the time.
That's part of the fun of alt-Clark fanfic.

JOHN: It does when they are pregnant with a half-Kryptonian child. /hides/
LOIS: mad Cat is pregnant with Superman's Love Child!?
PHIL: What?!
LEX: Works for me!
CLARK: [Linked Image]

They went on an official date for her birthday.
JOHN: I think I meant to have a "this year" qualifier in there, since they also went on a date to the Kerths, or at least it became a date at some point.
Oh, you mean "this year" as in 1994, not the last 365 days.

JOHN: But why can't he go see Lois at the Soup Kitchen, if Jimbo can?
Jimbo isn't as well known by the people at LNN who could be spying on Lois.

He doesn't always feel the pain first. In Ordinary People, he lost his use of his heat vision before guessing that Kryptonite might be around.
JOHN: Some details of Ordinary People seem better to ignore. I loved the beach scenes, although I think Clark should have admitted to Lois that he lost the bet and used his powers to scare off the tiger. The getting the cheese from France made sense, but when he started running off mid-sentence for chocolate and Peruvian ice, it seemed a bit much. It was funny, but it seemed a bit far fetched. "Ordinary People" is one of the shows that illustrates that "Lois and Clark" was a sit com. They built up story lines and issues in one episode, and then almost ignored them later on. Although "Top Copy" and "That Good Old Gang of Mine" are the worst on that front.
Yeah. That's one of the reasons my stories are so long. I'm always trying to make sense of the lack of continuity.

EW: Um... Clark doesn't know Kryptonian.
JOHN: Cat does not know this.
Oh, right.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard