Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

evil

Comments appreciated.

peep

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/30/14 01:09 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have this great big scream welling up inside me, but I'm at work.

AAAAARRRGGHHHHHH

Virgina, you better be posting more soon.

Just when I think it can't get any worse for one character ... it gets worse for EVERY character.

Now get back here and fix this. Phil needs to trust - FULLY trust - Cat. Cat needs to tell Phil about the baby. Lois needs to loose that engagement ring 'accidentally on purpose' and Clark and Lois need to talk and talk until they are *cough* no longer talking ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Evil! SIMPLY evil!

You're making it hard for Lois and Clark. Too hard. Yeouch.

I guess it did pull me out of the woodwork to respond, though.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Poor Cat. Phil's got a point; he really doesn't know her well enough to know if she's telling the truth. Sometimes your past comes back to bite you in the butt.

Can't wait to see what's up with Jack and the Superman lunchbox.

thanks!

rkn
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
My first thought was that Lois was reporting that Lex tried to kill Superman. Getting him on that charge might be enough to get search warrants to get evidence on his other crimes. My second thought was that she was going to report that she tried to kill Superman to get herself into custody and away from Lex. Now that I think about it, though, she's not likely to actually try to get herself out of the stupidly dangerous position she's put herself in, so maybe the first idea is more likely.

On the other hand, her goal was to get Lex's kryptonite, and she's succeeded at that, so maybe she figures her investigation is over. I wouldn't expect that he put all his supply in the ring, though.

By Superman's reaction, I thought that he had been shot by kryptonite bullets. Then, when it was evident that the kryptonite was on Lois, I figured that she would have noticed if anything on her had kryptonite, so I thought that maybe you had done something I've wanted to do to Lois: have Lex put kryptonite dust in her food so that it builds up in her system. Maybe the way the body processes it, it gets stuck in the fatty tissues instead of passing through, and she herself would emit the radiation.

I wonder if she could have Lex arrested for poisoning her if he had done it. Would there be sufficient evidence that it was his fault to get a warrant?

Phil should trust Cat, but she should give him reason to. She's put herself in a precarious position. She needs to tell him about the baby, but he is probably going to find out that she told Clark first. He's going to be very hurt by that, and it will lend credence to his worries. It seems pretty harsh of him to ask her to choose between him and Clark, but he has a good point. Phil should be Cat's best friend. He should be the one she confides in and the one she most wants to be with. She shouldn't be spending time with another man on what could be construed as a date (going out together to eat one-on-one). She should be able to still be friends with Clark while putting Phil first, but she's always disregarded Phil's concerns about Clark without addressing them or changing her behavior, so it makes sense that Phil would issue an ultimatum like that.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Oh, and it was rather presumptuous of Lois to kiss Clark the way she did when they hadn't had any chance to talk yet, given the way they parted and everything that has gone on in the interim.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Real FDK will be a few more days. Plus 155, so…

But for now…
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Yes, I think this sums it up quite nicely help

cat Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, lordie. Poor Cat. Poor Phil. Poor Clark. Poor Lois.

Lex isn't gonna know what HIT him.

*stomps back to work, grumbling about megalomaniacs*

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! [Linked Image] What an outpouring of reader responses! Thank you. I, now, know what I need to do to tease my Readers to respond. grumble at me.
Real FDK will be a few more days. Plus 155, so…
Looking forward to your dissection. laugh

But for now…
[I'm going to repeatedly scream and yell and tell you that's not how WAFFy stories are supposed to be written]
Yes, I think this sums it up quite nicely
Ooops? hyper Another fan! /sighs with contentment/

Thank you all for your comments. It's always inspiring to know that I'm not writing this for my own pleasure.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Bobby had said that everyone thought that Kent was as straight up as they came and that even Superman trusted him.
Clark:Sometimes Superman doesn't really trust me.

Then again, Superman had apparently trusted Lois Lane too, and she was involved with Luthor, who ran a children’s home stricter than juvie.
But maybe that means Luthor and not Superman is the one who is fooled.

If Lois was stepping out on Luthor with this Kent guy, maybe she wasn’t as evil as Jack had previously thought.
grumble at the watch. It has now been around for nearly a third of the story. Although it seems to be making less and less of an appearance.

I forget, did Luthor put tracking devices in the watch she got from her grandmother?

She glanced up to the sky, but the sun was in her eyes and she couldn’t see Superman anywhere.
She really should make sure he is still following her.

“I’m heading to Suicide Slum on a tip. Follow me, and we’ll meet up there,” she murmured to him, knowing he was listening.
Lois don't you know what happens when you assume?

Thankfully, Clark was watching out for her today and would make sure nothing happened.
Even Superman is not skilled enough to prevent all bombs from exploding.

She turned her engagement ring around so that the stone faced the palm of her hand and wasn’t so noticeable.
I still think she is crazy to bring her engagement ring here at all. For one thing, has she had it tested to see if it has tracking devices?

She should have left it in her desk drawer with her watch but, with her recent luck, someone would have stolen it.
And that would be bad why? Better to be out a ring than out a hand.

She hit the back of his arm at the same time she brought her knee up to his chest, knocking him to the stairs.
Point to Lois.

Suddenly, Lois felt a familiar set of spandex muscles surround her and lift her into the air.
dance she is back where she belongs, in Clark's arms.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She curled her head and arms against his family’s crest and relished his embrace.
smile1 more touching.

A series of gunshots peppered the air. She felt Clark’s arms tighten and jerk against her back as they unexpectedly landed and rolled across a gravel-strewn roof.
Oh no, something is terribly wrong.

Clark had folded his cape around them, but it was still a rougher than usual landing. They skidded to a stop with Lois on top of him.
Just where she likes to be. party party more kissing.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
"Oh, Clark. I’m sorry. Forgive me. Forgive me. For…”

“Stop,” he whispered.
party she said the words.

He lifted his hands to her shoulders and pushed against them. “Get off me!”
Things are really bad.

“Get… off… of… me!” he growled, his face contorting in what appeared to be pain.
She really should listen to his requests more clearly here. However I can't blame her. This is just not making any sense at all.

He raised his palms to her as he gazed at her in horror. “Stay back.”
This is just horrible.

“Don’t call me that!” he hissed, his voice full of torment and pain. “Just don’t.”
I have to stop for a bit, this is just too hard to read.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Right. He was in the suit. His secret identity. She glanced around; surely, no one could hear them on this rooftop. She climbed to her feet.
We only wish that this was the problem.

“Go over there,” he commanded, pointing to the far side of the roof.
I am not sure why I came back. Things are just getting worse.

Okay, fine. She rolled her eyes and limped a few steps. She took off her shoe with the non-broken heel, banged it on the roof until its heel popped off, too. Then she returned it to her foot and walked uncomfortably to the far side of the roof from Clark.
Clark should realize her willingness to do this shows that she has no desire to hurt him. If she wanted to hurt him, and knew what was hurting him, she would just stay.

“No,” he replied sharply. “I expected many things from you, Lois, but never this.”
Ouch, that hurts. especially that he assumes she is trying to hurt him.

Guilt flooded her. “I’m sorry. I told you that. I wanted to talk to you and explain things for a while now, but I couldn’t.
Oh no, she just made it worse. By saying "I'm sorry" she makes it seem like she hurt him intentionally. She should have asked "what specifically are you talking about." Both of them need to stop assuming.

“Don’t... come any closer, Lois.”
She is really missing what is up. She should have pressed him more about being hurt.

She stopped. “We can’t have this conversation shouted across a rooftop, either,” she reminded him. “Please, let me…”
She does have a point, but she really needs to figure out why he wants her to stay away.

Lois knew that her words in the park must have hurt him badly, worse than she had thought.
True, but I think there is more to it.

“So you could have killed me in Smallville instead of Metropolis?” he said.
Ouch, that hurt even more.

“What?” she stammered. “I’m not trying to kill you.”
What does he think she does the kiss of death?

“Then why send me an emergency message you knew I couldn’t refuse, only to bring Kryptonite to the party?” he accused. He was back on his feet now.
Lois: That would be stupid. It would have put my life in danger.

The green glow was hard to see in the bright light of the day.
How did she avoid seeing this before?

“If you wanted me to leave, all you had to do was ask. I came here for you, Lois, only for you,” he said, stepping upon the ledge of the roof. “You’ve made your feelings towards me crystal clear. I won’t bother you any longer.”
This is really, really tough.

Lois held up her left hand for him to stop as she put her right hand behind her. “No! Don’t!” she cried as he jumped. “I didn’t know!”
It would help if she was more clear on what she didn't know, but I can see why she isn't.

“Wait!” she called. “Come back!”
Good thing Wells is not due for another month, otherwise she might really end up without her Clark.

Had Lex Luthor been responsible for Ed Miner’s disappearance? Could Lois be the key to finding out what happened to his father?
I am guessing the answer to both questions is yes.

“Cat doesn’t have any honor,” Wally scoffed.
Yeap, Wally is asking for a beating with that comment.

“I don’t know. It seems pretty cut and dried to me,” he said, his jaw tensing. “A picture says a thousand words.”
True, but the picture can be made to lie. I can think of two examples of this on cover photos to books. In one case, the picture was cut to remove a key person from the picture. In another case the picture was not changed, but the caption claimed some of the people were Nazis, when in fact they were agents of the Weimar Republic. Pictures can lie. There are also ways to remove people from them, and these ways existed long before photo shop.

“Friends don’t kiss ‘just friends’ of the opposite sex on the mouth, Cat.
Many friends would not kiss friends of the same-sex on the mouth either. In fact I think we would be more worried if Clark kissed Jimmy on the mouth, than if he kissed Cat.

It didn’t work; Lois just thought worse of Clark for sleeping with me,”
dance she knows who is at fault.

With a deep breath, Phil ended the kiss. “But I need you to prove it to me.”
If Clark ever tried this with Lois, she would storm out of the room before he even tried to lay down the law.

“I need you to stop being friends with Clark Kent.”
Now everyone is turning against him.

“No,” Phil said. “I want to be your best friend now.”
While in theory it is a whorthwhile goal, in practice demanding this does not work.

“I need you, Cat,” he whispered.
True, but him having her should not exclude any friendship with all others.

his reputation is in tatters…
Is this wise to say. Clark's reputation has not really been hurt, only SM's.

“If Clark had to choose between your friendship and his love of Lois, who would he choose, Cat?”
If Lois was going to make such a demand, she already would have, so it is not a fair question.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Hold on,” the sergeant said. A minute later, the sergeant was back on the line. “Sorry, Inspector. She says her name is Meena,” he spelt it. “Kent.”
party Lois just made herself a Kent.

Chuck and Meena. He had almost forgotten about that note from his partner that Clark had gotten in his bag at the hospital. Had someone tried to off Kent again? He had better close that case soon or someone was going to start wondering why the Daily Planet reporter wasn’t able to die.
Luckily this time they aimed for SM.

“Not me. Superman.”
So is Lois turning herself into the police. peep

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the Cat and Clark date the day before, the more I think about it, the more I think Phil has a point.

However, on the other hand, if that is his real objection, he should just ask Cat to not have lunch with Clark and only Clark again. I am not sure Cat would agree to even that, but it would be a more reasonable request than to stop being his friend in all ways.

Of course if Phil had lead by asking about November, than Cat could have told him it was when he would become a father. However, then this story would not be such an emotional roller coatster. Although I am not sure that would be a bad thing.

I guess in theory I would get bored if it was emotionally level, but I am not convinced of that fact.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Oh, and it was rather presumptuous of Lois to kiss Clark the way she did when they hadn't had any chance to talk yet, given the way they parted and everything that has gone on in the interim.
I think you are underestimating how deprived Lois is feeling from being without Clark.

Anyway, if it had not been for the kryptonite on the ring, I am totally sure that Clark would have reciprocated Lois's actions.

Looking at it another way, the last time they talked Clark proposed. It seems entirely reasonable for her to kiss him. Plus, she thinks he got her "I love you" message, and the first note.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for popping in to [Grumble] at me.
You’re welcome. This part just stuck me as one that deserved extra attention blush

[Linked Image] Oh dear, did I just do the wrong kind of reinforcement?

Looking forward to your dissection. [Big Grin]
/ties Lex on steel table and gets out scalpel/

Before heading to the Daily Planet, Jack had watched Lois’s apartment and seen her enter the Englishman’s fancy car, so evidently he hadn’t kidnapped her… yet.
Unless the Englishman has her sister and is threatening to sell her to Russian mobsters for some RnR if Lois won’t comply?

LOIS: Aaaaaannnntoooooooonnnnnnn!

Perhaps she didn’t know what a jerkwad her fiancé was. Perhaps pigs would be flying to the moon next. No, she knew. She had to know.
LOIS: Please. :rolleyes: I almost didn’t know my finance could fly, either, so…

If Lois was stepping out on Luthor with this Kent guy, maybe she wasn’t as evil as Jack had previously thought.
So, marrying big money, not caring where it’s come from *and* whoring around the city? Yeah, she sounds like a lovely person.

LOIS: Hey! I don’t charge the men I do. I just may write about them in the paper.

SWEETTART: I do charge them. Treason. Arms smuggling. Attempt of establishing a democratic government in a vassal state.

No. Jack would warn Kent that this Englishman was dangerous, possibly a killer… only Jack had no proof and he was living on the streets. Why would Kent believe him?
Because Jack would mention that Lois is involved with the dude? And all the men Lois gets involved with are dangerous sleazebags with a penchant for using women?

Bobby had said Kent was in love with Lois. If Jack told Kent that Lois had pointed him in Kent’s direction and asked him to look into it, would Kent believe Jack merely because he wanted to believe it?
What Clark hears: “Lois. Lois. Loislois. Lois. Looois. Lois.”

Jack paced for another five minutes. He glanced at his watch, and saw it was almost ten thirty.
He’s out with the office slut?

Had that note Jack had pretended was from Lois gotten him killed?
Not yet?

He was about to leave when he noticed a woman walking down the street and enter the Daily Planet building. Jack scowled. What was she doing here, and dressed like that?
Lois?

Nigel would never have to know that she left. To that end, she had left her LoLex watch in her top desk drawer.
What about the videccus plant?

She had awoken that morning with a feeling of foreboding. Explosions, screams, and death had filled her dreams as if her whole world collapsed and she had been trapped in its rubble.
Oh, look! A yellow Superman lunchbox.

. Unfortunately, none of it was clear and specific.
Duh! Without a Daily Planet to report the event, all the news are provided by the Met Star.

Thankfully, Clark was watching out for her today and would make sure nothing happened.
SUPERMAN: So, *that’s* why Lois wanted me to follow her around all day. That…that…that… mad
MET STAR classifieds, the next day: Kryptonian prince, single, is looking for a Kryptonian princess to pacify barren rock.

Lois didn’t need to ask what Ricky was doing there. He didn’t give his signature hickies for free.
Ah…I see. He’s helping the brokers out when they’re not interesting in female companionship.

Lois had thought she’d gotten word of Ralph’s impromptu interview of Daitch the previous Friday, and apparently, she had… in a room with bedbugs.
laugh
CLARK: Pot and Kettle.
LOIS: Hey! Lex’s penthouse doesn’t have bedbugs.
LEX: Do you still call video recording equipment you installed in your own bedroom bugs?

If Christine was willing to sleep with Ralph for a story, she was willing to kill for one.
clap That’s why he didn’t want to tell her his secret. She’s just not able to keep it down.

He lifted his hands to her shoulders and pushed against them. “Get off me!”

Startled, Lois sat upright. “What?”

“Get… off… of… me!” he growled, his face contorting in what appeared to be pain.
Now, Clark. I know the bullet wounds hurt, but still…

“Go over there,” he commanded, pointing to the far side of the roof.
Uh-oh. But it’s not green!

“No,” he replied sharply. “I expected many things from you, Lois, but never this.”
evil

“So you could have killed me in Smallville instead of Metropolis?” he said.
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Then why send me an emergency message you knew I couldn’t refuse, only to bring Kryptonite to the party?” he accused. He was back on his feet now.
Because exposing Superman to during a Kryptonite during a rescue is a trick that just never gets old. Only thing more devious is if you give Lois a lead-encased locked with Kryptonite and then blow it up remotely while they’re out flying.

“Kryptonite?” Lois glanced down at herself wondering where Lex could have secreted Kryptonite on her body.
[Linked Image]
LOIS: Nooo! Ewww! That’s where *Lex* can put his ring.

The green glow was hard to see in the bright light of the day.

Oh, crap.
Yes, that’s right. You’re wearing a Kryptonian chastity ring.

Lex was going to regret asking her to tango.
She going to return the ring to Lex and place it in a special place?
LOIS: Eeeeewww! Noooo! If I do that, Clark would never be able to go near Lex and help me again. Besides…Ewwwwwwwwww!

quote:Funny thing about that, actually, considering part 156…

Sorry, I cannot comment about that until Part 156.
Lois now exposed Clark twice to Kryptonite while Lex tried to play a trick on them.

Jack waited and waited for what seemed like forever, but he knew from his watch it wasn’t more than ten minutes, when the woman exited the front doors of the Daily Planet. She was still wearing the grey janitorial jumpsuit.
Oh. Duh!

“That’s what I’d like to know,” Perry chimed in. “This is a newsroom, not New York after a Mets-Yankees World Series!”
That’s why there’s no baseball bats involved.
LOIS: What? I took mine with me when I left.

“This man insulted Cat’s honor!” Phil growled, trying to pull his arms free.
In medieval times, or up to the 60s?, Cat wouldn’t have had any honor left by the time Wally started his insulting.

“Cat doesn’t have any honor,” Wally scoffed.
Actually, she does service them on the honor system.

The Chief loosened his grip and let Phil go after Wally again.
thumbsup
LEX: Duh!
TEMPUS: Hey!

“I would never cheat on you, Phil. Please, believe me.”
Usually, this is just before the other half walks out. Then a lot of alcohol and some cheap sex get involved. /points at Friends/
ROSS: We were taking a *break*!

“You’re sounding paranoid,” Phil said.
Hormones?

“Oh, God. Why? Why would he do that to me? What have I ever done to him?”
Refused his advances.

“I need you to stop being friends with Clark Kent.”
Oops?
LEX: Bonus!

“Clark’s life is falling apart, Phil. He’s so confused about Lois… his reputation is in tatters… he’s so lost and alone and frightened. He would spiral out of control without me. I cannot abandon him, not now,” she said, tears dampening her cheeks. “He has no one, but me.”
Maybe if they had him neutered? Would Phil then be okay with Cat owning a pet?

“If Clark had to choose between your friendship and his love of Lois, who would he choose, Cat?”

Cat bit her bottom lip. She appreciated Phil’s point. They both knew that Clark would choose Lois.
RACHEL: Welcome to the club.

Hunches. No facts. Very thin threads tying the billionaire to murder victims. Nothing concrete.
Like both of them living in the same city? Both of them being in town at the same time? The bullet being traceable to Lex’s personal golden colt? A video of Lex pushing the gun into the dead guy’s mouth and pulling the trigger? Lex doing the same thing in the middle of MetroPD One before mooning the assembled cops and walking out again?

“Hold on,” the sergeant said. A minute later, the sergeant was back on the line. “Sorry, Inspector. She says her name is Meena,” he spelt it. “Kent.”
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooopps. blush I've fallen behind. Sorry, guys. Time to catch up! /cracks knuckles/

John: wave Thanks for the thorough thoughts.
Clark:Sometimes Superman doesn't really trust me.
evil

I have to stop for a bit, this is just too hard to read.
But... but... but... it's just getting angsty.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
We only wish that this was the problem.
Well, her mentioning his Clark name while he's in the suit might be part of the problem, being on how many bugs are currently in her life.

I am not sure why I came back. Things are just getting worse.
I promise it will get better before the end... of the story. Then it might get worse again, but that all depends on your point of view.
CLARK: My POV says it can't get much worse than this.
EW: [Linked Image]

Clark should realize her willingness to do this shows that she has no desire to hurt him. If she wanted to hurt him, and knew what was hurting him, she would just stay.
My guess it's not as easy as it looks to think clearly and logically when one is in that much pain, when one isn't used to feeling pain.

Ouch, that hurts. especially that he assumes she is trying to hurt him.
CLARK: /sputters speechless. Points to her breaking their date at the Magic of the Night Ball. Points to her telling Lex that she loves him. Points to the park./

Oh no, she just made it worse. By saying "I'm sorry" she makes it seem like she hurt him intentionally. She should have asked "what specifically are you talking about." Both of them need to stop assuming.
Most people make general assumptions of understanding when talking with people they know. Otherwise, the glasses would be a terrible disguise.

She is really missing what is up. She should have pressed him more about being hurt.
She doesn't know that he's physically hurt at this point. She still thinks he's mad about her behavior.

She does have a point, but she really needs to figure out why he wants her to stay away.
/points to above reasoning/

True, but I think there is more to it.
Yes, but that's because you know more than she does and have read ahead. wink

Ouch, that hurt even more.
Well, it's true. The Kents still have those Kryptonite samples in the storage cellar of the barn.

What does he think she does the kiss of death?
Wait a minute. I thought my readers wanted Clark to be less of a doormat!

Lois: That would be stupid. It would have put my life in danger.
You mean, Lois 'Live on the Edge' Lane?

How did she avoid seeing this before?
She ignores the ring whenever she wears it and takes it off at night.

This is really, really tough.
Well, I did mention that bad things happen in threes. In my original outline, we would have only had the last month from Clark's POV and wouldn't know why Lois is doing what she's doing.

Good thing Wells is not due for another month, otherwise she might really end up without her Clark.
HERB: Was I supposed to check in with Clark in April or May? /hmmmm./

Had Lex Luthor been responsible for Ed Miner’s disappearance? Could Lois be the key to finding out what happened to his father?
I am guessing the answer to both questions is yes.
LEX: I plead the fifth.

Yeap, Wally is asking for a beating with that comment.
Hence why Perry lets go of Phil. He agrees with you.

True, but the picture can be made to lie. I can think of two examples of this on cover photos to books. In one case, the picture was cut to remove a key person from the picture. In another case the picture was not changed, but the caption claimed some of the people were Nazis, when in fact they were agents of the Weimar Republic. Pictures can lie. There are also ways to remove people from them, and these ways existed long before photo shop.
Exactly. People often say that 'a picture never lies' when often it does. A picture doesn't give context and it can be altered (although, these haven't been).

Many friends would not kiss friends of the same-sex on the mouth either. In fact I think we would be more worried if Clark kissed Jimmy on the mouth, than if he kissed Cat.
JIMMY: I would be.
PHIL: Nah. I'd feel better about this if Clark was known to kiss his guy friends on the mouth as well.
CLARK: Sorry, I'm not planning on starting that tradition just to make you feel better.
JIMMY: Phew.

She really should have thought that through before saying it.
Freudian slip?

Because she admitted to doing something stupid even when it cast a poor light on her.
That seems like a pretty good reason to me.

The bug by Lois's desk. Perry really should have warned everyone.
PERRY: How was I supposed to know it was still operational after Lois left.

It is a hard call. It seems not being married to Owen is a good thing. However it is hard to really say. Although, realistically I think Owen would have continued in his same behavior, so it is probably good.
LEX: And people say I'm not a good guy.

When your best friend's girlfriend had her place under as intensive surveillance as she did last summer, there is no such thing as paranoia.
Why would Lois's stalker bother with Cat?

A minor columnist like Cat is not worth photographing.
CAT: Hey! I'm not a 'minor columnist'.

If Clark ever tried this with Lois, she would storm out of the room before he even tried to lay down the law.
Cat knows that right now there's no reason for Phil to trust her, even though she hasn't done anything untrustworthy.

Now everyone is turning against him.
So, that's a bad thing?

While in theory it is a whorthwhile goal, in practice demanding this does not work.
[Linked Image]

True, but him having her should not exclude any friendship with all others.
Only ones she's admitted kissing before. /my guess, this is a common enough request of people who are still good friends with ex-lovers or rumored to be so... at least, this ultimatum is based very loosely on one I've heard issued before in RL... see below note about my opinion on ultimatums. /

Is this wise to say. Clark's reputation has not really been hurt, only SM's.
Well, those pictures of him and Cat aren't doing him any good. Plus, it's rumored that he's madly in love with Luthor's fiancee, almost to the point of stalking her.

If Lois was going to make such a demand, she already would have, so it is not a fair question.
Didn't she? And Clark stood up for Cat. And when he told her to stay away from Luthor, she didn't.
LOIS: That's not true. He didn't tell me to stay away from Lex. He told me to "stay". What do I look like, a dog?
PERRY: /holding up a finger/
LOIS: Don't answer that!

Lois just made herself a Kent.
LOIS: blush um... purely coincidental. I was trying to be subtle. Uh... it... er... doesn't mean anything.

Luckily this time they aimed for SM.
With Lois and her engagement ring there, it really wouldn't have made a difference how Clark was dressed.

So is Lois turning herself into the police.
Det. REED: [Linked Image]
HENDERSON: rotflol
LOIS: :rolleyes:

On the Cat and Clark date the day before, the more I think about it, the more I think Phil has a point.
It wasn't a date. It was too friends sharing a meal. A date is when more is implied or when it is specifically mentioned as such.

However, on the other hand, if that is his real objection, he should just ask Cat to not have lunch with Clark and only Clark again. I am not sure Cat would agree to even that, but it would be a more reasonable request than to stop being his friend in all ways.
If you need to have ultimatums with the person you're engaged to, then why are you marrying them? Clearly, you're in a relationship with someone you don't trust.

Of course if Phil had lead by asking about November, than Cat could have told him it was when he would become a father. However, then this story would not be such an emotional roller coatster. Although I am not sure that would be a bad thing.
Oh, if you're looking for a kiddy coaster or boredom, I'm thinking you've come to the wrong story. (At least, I hope so.)

I guess in theory I would get bored if it was emotionally level, but I am not convinced of that fact.
Someday, I'll try to write a story where everything goes right and if it doesn't bore me, then I'll try posting it. wink

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
JOHN: I think you are underestimating how deprived Lois is feeling from being without Clark.
That and she doesn't know everything the Reader does about what Clark's been going through.

Anyway, if it had not been for the kryptonite on the ring, I am totally sure that Clark would have reciprocated Lois's actions.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] I cannot confirm or deny hypothetical theories such as this.
CLARK: Yeah, totally!

Looking at it another way, the last time they talked Clark proposed. It seems entirely reasonable for her to kiss him. Plus, she thinks he got her "I love you" message, and the first note.
Yes, Lois thinks Clark knows more about her investigation at this point than he actually does. She doesn't know that he never received that note she delivered after going to Louie's (while she was wearing her Annie Lennox disguise.)

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard