Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

When we last saw Clark Kent in Part 153

Clark read the letter three times before he set it down. Then he lifted it back up and read it again. How could it possible for the DMV to have his non-existent records corrupted?

Herb?

Had the time traveler learned about his troubles with the Daily Planet verifying his identity and gone back into the past to give him a history? If he had, why hadn’t he done something to stop Lois from becoming engaged to Luthor? It didn’t make any sense.

Clark lifted the letter and read it again.

You will need to bring a copy of this letter, as well as your birth certificate, current driver’s license, or passport as proof of your identification.

Clark walked into his bedroom and scooted his wardrobe away from the wall. From his secret compartment, where he kept his uniforms, he removed the letter from Jonathan Kent. His substitute father figure had sent Clark the original birth certificate of his dead son, this dimension’s Kal-El. “Just in case.”

It was too weird, too much of a coincidence, and worst of all, it was good luck. Clark didn’t have good luck. It wasn’t that he didn’t believe in it, other people seemed to run across it from time to time, but it just didn’t exist for him. It never had. Then, again, he wasn’t supposed to exist in this dimension either, and yet, the DMV had a record of him. Was his luck turning?

No. It must be some sort of trap. Although, what kind it could be he had no idea. Were they going to take his fingerprints and compare them to Superman’s? The DMV in his old dimension had never asked for fingerprints, and he doubted this less-paranoid dimension would. Anyway, the only people in Metropolis who knew he was Superman were Cat and Lois and if neither of them had turned him in by this point… The letter was dated from prior to when he had proposed to Lois, so before he had ruined any chance of a relationship with her.

The letter and explanation looked and sounded official and on the up and up. He would take the letter into the office tomorrow and investigate. He sighed with a groan. It sure would be easier to investigate if Luthor would let them have their researchers back from the Printing Department.

Clark looked at the letter again.

Weird.

Part 154

From the coffee station, Clark saw Cat enter the newsroom. He moved over to her desk to greet her.

“Good morning,” she said, not sounding as if she meant it.

“Good almost afternoon,” he replied.

“Well, mornings have never been my favorite time of the day. Have you talked to…?” she dropped the last word of her question and gave him a knowing look.

Lois.

Everyone he spoke to about Lois, insisted that he needed to speak to Lois directly. None of them had been there that day in the park when she had trampled his heart. He didn’t know if he could survive another meeting like that one. He had finally admitted to himself that he and Lois needed to talk one more time, if for no other reason than to give him proper closure. Still, the thought scared him. What if she confirmed his worst fears?

“No, not yet,” he admitted. He hadn’t really been actively seeking her out, nor had he run into her at any Superman scenes. Not that Superman wanted to talk to any reporters now, when all the questions they threw out to him were all about Nightfall and how he tried to destroy their planet. He had flown over Lois’s apartment several times and seen her sleeping or reading the newspaper. This morning, he saw her leaving with Nigel St. John in one of Luthor’s town cars. “How about you? Talk to Phil?”

She shook her head.

Clark decided to let the matter drop. He was sure she would talk to Phil in her own time, and, like him, didn’t want to feel pressured into it by a well-meaning friend. “Can I talk to you about something?” he asked, nodding his head towards the conference room.

“Sure. Actually, I’m starving,” Cat said, taking her jacket she’d just hung up back off the rack. “Why don’t you take me next door to the Metro Diner for some lunch?”

“Sounds good,” he replied, not that he felt like eating. He hadn’t felt like doing much of anything these last couple of weeks. He set down his coffee mug on his desk and picked the letter, shoving it into his jacket pocket. They walked to the elevators together.

After the door closed and the elevator began to descend, she asked, “How are things on the Super front?”

Clark groaned. “It’s getting worse. I…” He coughed. “Superman was actually heckled at a rescue this morning. He saved a woman from a mugging gone wrong, and she actually hit Superman with her purse, saying ‘Don’t think this makes me forgive you for what you did during Nightfall,’” he explained. “A simple ‘thanks’ would have been nice.”

Cat set her hand on Clark’s arm. “I’m sorry.”

He sighed. “Thanks. Frankly, I don’t see how this day could…” He pressed his lips together.

“Could what?” she asked as the elevator doors opened.

“Get worse,” he said softly as other people entered.

They didn’t speak again until they were outside the building.

“You know, I actually thought last night that my luck was on the uptick,” he said, shaking his head.

“Really? Mr. Steel Grey Storm Cloud? This, I’ve got to hear,” she said, a smile brightening her face for the first time he had seen today.

Clark returned her smile, and fished the DMV letter out of his pocket. “Do you know anything about this?”

Cat stopped to read the letter. “No, I hadn’t heard about Ides of Metropolis corrupting data at the DMV. You do know that’s what they’re actually saying, right?” She looked as if he had perplexed her. “How exactly is a trip to the DMV an uptick in good luck, again? Was your last driver’s license photo that horrible?”

He laughed. “No, that’s it,” he said, lowering his voice. He heard the click of a camera and glanced around, getting that old uncomfortable feeling of paranoia that he used to get after he was outed as Superman in his dimension. It was only a tourist across the street taking photos of the Daily Planet globe. Nevertheless, Clark took Cat’s arm and led her towards the diner. “So, you didn’t have anything to do with me actually having data at the DMV for the Ides of Metropolis to threaten?”

She stopped again and set her hand on his chest. “What do you mean?”

“I just moved here last May, remember. Let’s just say my old license wasn’t technically ‘legit’,” he admitted.

Cat wagged a finger at him. “Naughty, naughty, Clarkie boy,” she said. “It gives me hope for you after all.”

“Why’s that? Because the universe created a semi-fake identity for me?”

“Your beliefs about the universe, and what it’s capable of, are much different than mine. Soul mates, good luck verses bad luck, the fates. Next thing you’ll tell me you believe in psychics, reincarnation, and time travel,” she said, looking at him skeptically.

He smiled sheepishly at her. He did believe in all those things. “Well, maybe not psychics,” he admitted with a bob of his head. Actual psychics, that was. Lois and her déjà vu knowledge from having lived this life before, was another matter entirely.

Cat laughed. She actually took hold of his arm and threw back her head to laugh. “I know a terrific one. I’ll introduce you sometime.”

He held up a hand. “Uh… probably best if the clairvoyant don’t come too close to me, just in case.”

She dismissed his idea with a wave of her hand. “Star isn’t like that. If she ever realized what’s special about you…”

“Let’s just play it safe,” he recommended, taking the letter from her and putting it back in his pocket. He placed a hand high on her back and led her towards the diner. “So, you’re saying that Phil isn’t your soul mate?”

Cat shrugged. “I didn’t say that...”

He grinned. “Welcome to the world of absolutes, Ms. Grant.”

“There are no absolutes there, Clark. Even though Phil makes me ecstatically happy, I’m sure, with a little work, you could too.”

“With a little work?” he scoffed, pulling open the diner door and holding it for her. “Gee. Thanks.”

“Tell you what. If Lois actually does marry Lex and Phil dumps me, not that both of those things will happen, how about we make a pact that you and I will get married?” Cat suggested with a wink, entering the diner and running full tilt into Wally, who was on his way out.

“Hey! Hey! Guys, playing hooky?” Wally called, his eyes shifting between them.

“Not any more than you,” Cat replied.

“We’re here for lunch,” Clark explained.

“Yeah. Sure,” Wally said, glancing down at his watch. “At 11 o’clock? Right.”

Clark crossed his arms. “Don’t you have some city hall story you’re supposed to be working on?”

Wally pointed at him. “That’s right. I heard through the grapevine that the mayor wants Superman to give back the Key to the City he awarded the hero last year. Gotta go!” He walked out the doors.

Clark slumped against the wall. “I just had to open my big fat mouth...”

Cat caressed his cheek for a moment. “Don’t listen to him. You know half the time Wally’s sources are blowing steam instead of smoke,” she said, grabbing his lapels and leaning towards him. “Now, promise me we’ll get married.”

“Caaaaat,” Clark groaned. “You know that two wrongs never make a right.”

She shrugged. “Hey, it was worth a shot,” she said, heading for a booth.

“Phil’s not going to dump you,” Clark said, sitting down across from her.

“What guy is going to want to raise what might not be his baby? He signed on for hot sex, big guy, not for morning sickness, muumuus, sensitive boobs that leak, and babies crying all night,” Cat said, slamming open her menu. “Name one guy who would want that!”

Clark glanced at her for a second and then lowered his gaze to his menu.

He wanted that. He would love nothing more than to have that possibility with Lois. He would love to be able to cuddle with her and caress her large pregnant belly, knowing it was growing their child. He would love to massage Lois’s sore feet, and no one would ever hear him complain about rich milk filled… He cleared his throat, trying to push that image out of his mind, but not being able to erase the telltale blush from his cheeks. He would be proud to stay up with a night owl infant, feeding it a bottle as they floated together, so Lois could sleep. He had wanted so much from his life, from this dimension. The truth of the matter was, even if Lois didn’t love Lex, and Clark was able to get her away from that mad man, that future he craved wasn’t in the cards for them. Not the hot sex future, either. No sex was closer to it. His shoulders slumped.

Cat placed her hand over his, giving it a squeeze. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

He flipped the page of his menu, unable to look her in the eye. “It doesn’t matter, Cat. It’s not like that was ever in the cards for me,” he said, his voice cracking. “Biologically speaking.”

“There’s my Mr. Steel Grey Cloud!” she teased. “Come on, have a chocolate milkshake in honor of Lois and know that your future isn’t as bleak as you think. Have some hope, big guy.”

This time, Clark caught her gaze. “I will, if you will.”

“Deal!” Cat said, patting his hand.

He knew they both were lying.

“Who are you?” Jack ‘the Rat’ snapped.

“Lois Lane. I’m a reporter,” she said in hushed tones.

They were standing in the back hallways of the Mission, where others were less likely to observe them.

A reporter? Great, if Jack told her his story, he’d end up back at the Luthor House or juvie or worse. Why hadn’t Bobby warned him? Was this why Louie insisted that Jack help her, so she could ‘help’ him? “You said that you were ‘a friend’,” he said.

“I am,” Lois insisted.

“I’m not ‘friends’ with anyone who Lex Luthor is friends with, and you’re engaged to him,” Jack hissed. “It’s all that anyone on the streets can talk about.”

Lois’s brow furrowed. “Why? It’s just gossip.”

Jack tossed back at her. “So, you’re not marrying him?”

She sighed as if she were debating how to answer that question. “Yes, I am engaged to marry Lex, but why should anyone ‘on the streets’ care? What does it matter to anyone? Other than some sort of celebrity gossip.”

His expression filled with incredulity. “Why don’t you ask him that, reporter?”

Lois glanced over her shoulder and lowered her already soft voice. “Because he wouldn’t tell me the truth. That’s why I hoped you would.”

He crossed his arms. It was no big surprise that the billionaire didn’t trust her; she was sending notes to some other guy. Instead, Jack said, “If he lies to you, why marry him? What about Mr. Vague Notes?”

“You read my notes?” Lois accused.

“You didn’t pay enough for privacy,” Jack returned. “If I were Mr. Vague Notes, I wouldn’t wait around for you while you dallied around with some rich guy.”

“Rat, please. My life is insanely complicated right now. There’s so much going on that I can’t tell you, that I can’t tell anyone, that I can’t control. Please, just trust me.”

“Why? You haven’t earned it,” he said.

She grabbed his jacket sleeve and pulled him down to the end of the dead-end hall. “Because it’s a matter of life or death.”

“Whose?”

Lois took a deep breath and admitted, “Mine. His.”

Jack stared at her. Had Big Louie been right? Was this lady in danger?

She rolled her eyes. “Mr. Vague… What do you mean by ‘vague’ anyway?”

“You’re kidding me, right?” Jack scoffed.

“I know they were subtle… never mind. I don’t know why I’m discussing this with you. He knew what the notes meant.” He could hear a slight waver to her voice as if she was starting to believe that maybe her note guy didn’t.

“Yeah, right.”

Lois glared at him. “He understands me.”

“Lady, nobody understands you. You’re incomprehensible. ‘Stop it.’ ‘I mean it. Stop it.’ ‘Don’t believe everything you hear,’” Jack quoted her notes in a higher-pitched whining voice. “What man is going to understand that garbage? Didn’t you go to college to learn how to communicate clearly? What do you mean by ‘it’? That could be referring to anything. What kind of moron would believe everything he hears?”

“I’m sorry if my private communications baffled you,” she said wryly. “Next time, butt out. I hired you to deliver the notes, not evaluate them. I hoped you might give me some information, but I see I’ve just wasted my time.”

Jack wondered what kind of information she wanted. She had asked him about some robbery at a coffee shop back in March, but in Metropolis that didn’t really narrow down the suspects. He had asked Bobby about the robbery and Bobby said he’d poke around and see what he could learn. Big Louie had said that Lois would ask him questions about Mrs. Cox, but she hadn’t brought the snake woman up.

“You want information about the streets, lady. Fine. Word on the street is that if anyone lays a finger on you, he would wind up dead, his family dead, and anyone he ever cared about dead. So, yeah, your name has been mentioned on the streets. Everyone is wondering what’s so special about you,” Jack said. She wanted to know the sort of man she was marrying, he might as well tell her; evidently, nobody else had. “And don’t think I get my jollies for fifteen a week because, frankly, I could make more panhandling in an hour.”

Lois stared at him. “Is this true?” she sputtered, and then seemed to catch herself. “You need to go back, give him another note.” She reached into her pocket and withdrew a beige note card and a permanent marker. “I’ll pay you more. How much do you need?”

Jack shook his head. “I don’t want your money, lady. It’s tainted.”

“Please.” She started drawing on the card a picture of what must have been the ugliest spider he’d ever seen.

He looked her up and down with disgust. “Trust isn’t paid for, lady; it’s earned.” He glanced back down the hall. “I don’t want my brother killed because I talked to you. I’ve got to go,” he said, and he walked back to the dining hall, never having taken the card. She could deliver it herself.

A few minutes later, Jack saw Lois leave. She was met at the door by some old English dude, who Jack had personal reason to fear. Lois stiffened as the man took hold of her arm and led her to a black car. Jack ducked his head, shading his face with his cap, so the man wouldn’t see him or recognize him, although, they had never officially met and that was years earlier. It wasn’t until after the car pulled away that Jack allowed himself to breathe again.

Bobby slid onto the bench opposite him. “How ya doing, Jack?” he said.

“I’ve been better,” Jack murmured, taking another sip of his water.

“Any news from Denny?” Bobby asked.

Jack shook his head. “How am I going to get word in, let alone word out, Bob? I saw him playing basketball in the yard the other day.”

“That’s good. It’s something, at least.”

“Yeah,” Jack said. Big Louie had said that Lois Lane would be his ticket off the streets because she had powerful friends, very powerful friends. Jack hadn’t known Louie had meant Luthor and the man who had killed his father.

“I saw you talking to Lois. She looked shaken,” Bobby said. “What did you say?”

Jack took another sip of his water and shrugged. “I told her that word on the street was that nobody should touch her.”

Bobby flinched. “Ouch!”

“What? That’s a good thing, right?” Jack asked. “It means she won’t be harmed. I mean, someone would have to be really stupid to go up against Luthor.”

“It’s a challenge,” Bobby corrected. “Someone, and I’m not saying it was Lex Luthor, has hung her out as bait to see who’d nibble.”

Guilt wracked Jack’s chest.

“Oh, I found out about that robbery you asked about. A coffee shop was hit early in March, mobile phones were destroyed, and only jewelry taken, no cash. Lois lost her watch in the robbery. It seems that the guys were thugs hired by Carpenter for a scoop, or at least that’s what one of them mentioned to a barkeep I know after he’d had one too many, around the time Carpenter was arrested,” Bobby said. He looked down at his raw carrot and sighed. “This really needs a creamy butter sauce. Anyway, rumor has it that Carpenter had actually hired them to hit several other coffee bars, but then members of the gang took off to places unknown. Thing was one of them left a pregnant girlfriend, another never picked up winnings from a NASCAR bet, and a third never showed to take his mother to church. They just disappeared. Nobody’s heard from them.”

Jack swallowed. “Uh-huh. That’s not good.” It sounded like how his father disappeared.

His dad had gone to work one day on some big top secret construction job, and he never returned. Denny and Jack were able to fake things for a couple of weeks, hoping their dad would return with the payday he said his employer had promised when he took the job. It was supposed to be enough dough to move them out of the city to parts unknown by his bookie. Jack didn’t have any information to tell the cops, and he and Denny would just end up in fostercare if he contacted them, so he didn’t. They kept hoping their dad would return, but he never did.

Jack had seen his dad talking to that old Englishman in a suit once. His dad had promised him, when Jack had confronted him about it, that the man was his boss and that he wasn’t making any more bets. Jack had seen the Englishman only one other time. Months later, he had come to trash their apartment the day Jack’s dad disappeared. School had let out early that day, and when Jack had heard someone breaking in, he hid himself and Denny in the bathtub.

Eventually, the landlord locked their door with a padlock with a huge ‘eviction’ notice on the front, and he and Denny were on their own, out on the streets. Jack had just turned sixteen. That was almost two years ago.

Bobby nodded, and Jack tried to focus on what he was saying. “Nope, not good. It really had this fourth guy rattled. He told his friend that he was going to get himself caught by Superman for some stupid purse snatching, so he’d be in police custody. He was so afraid that he’d disappear next. Then Superman left town to chase those nukes, and then go on vacation, and so on.” He took a bite of his carrot and chewed, leaving Jack hanging. “So, the guy ended up punching a cop for no reason.”

Jack had heard about that and had thought at the time that the guy must’ve been nuts. Now, he was sounding fairly sane. “Any word on that C. Kent fellow?” he asked as casually as he could.

“Oh, that would be Clark Kent. He was Lois’s writing partner back when she worked at the Planet,” Bobby said. He glanced both ways and then leaned forward, lowering his voice. “He’s one of the good guys. No arrests. Not even a parking ticket. Well, okay, he doesn’t drive. Pays his bills on time. Super nice guy from the Midwest somewhere. Next to Lois Lane, nobody touched the number of exclusives this guy has on our favorite Man in Blue. No one I talked to had a bad word against Kent. Although, one guy thought there might be something wrong with him in the head because he’s gaga for Lois. We’re talking huge major crush, love at first sight sort of thing. Apparently, he even personally took care of her after Lex Luthor shot her last summer.” Bobby took a sip of his coffee.

“Hold on. Lex Luthor shot Lois, and she’s engaged to marry the creep?” Jack gaped.

“Apparently, it was an accident.” Bobby shrugged. “Anyway, let’s just say things aren’t exactly what they appear. You know what I mean?” He lowered his voice. “And how ‘bout from now on we refer to him as ‘Double L’? You know, just in case.”

Jack nodded. “Yeah. Okay. Thanks, Bobby. I’ll talk to you later,” he said, picking up his tray and taking it to the bussing station. He needed to go bump into that Kent guy and give him Lois’s message. Maybe he could get Superman to save her from the Englishman.

Jack went to Clinton Street. He felt uncomfortable about going to this guy’s place without an official note from Lois. On the other hand, Jack figured if he delivered the message, then he could wipe any guilt off his chest about blowing off Luthor’s fiancée, especially if the billionaire had hung her out to dry with the Englishman. He had tried to copy the picture she had drawn in the dark hallway at the Mission, but no matter how he looked at it, it still looked like a spider. Maybe that meant something to Kent.

It was quiet at the apartment building, almost too quiet for Jack’s tastes. He’d slide the note under the door, and then he could brush his hands of the woman. He would have done his part to save her life. He had more important things on his plate, such as breaking Denny out of the Luthor House.

Jack hadn’t expected that Kent’s door would open two seconds after he delivered the note. Kent was a big man and he moved faster than Jack ever thought he could, because he caught Jack before he reached the stairwell.

“Who are you?” Kent asked.

“Nobody,” Jack answered. “Just let me go.”

“Are you the one who’s been sending me notes?”

Jack tried harder to pull away by the man had an iron grip. “Just a messenger.”

Kent held up the scribble Jack had made. “What’s this supposed to be?”

“Heck if I know. A spider? A drowned flower?” Jack said, tugging harder. “She didn’t say.” Damn that lady’s subtlety. “It’s not my fault she can’t draw.”

“She who?” Kent probed. “A woman gave you this?”

“Yeah, usually I refer to women as ‘she’ and men as ‘he’; it’s just a little quirk of mine. Just let me go already,” Jack pleaded. He knew this had been a bad idea. He’d slip out of his jacket and leave it behind, but it really got cold at night in that abandoned shed.

“You’re right. That was a stupid question. What did she look like?” Kent asked.

“Look, I don’t want to get involved. She said you’d know what it meant, okay,” Jack said.

“Did she have a name?”

“Who doesn’t?” Jack snapped.

“Apparently, you don’t. I don’t like having vague notes slid under my door. Maybe if you told me who sent them…”

Jack shook his head, grumbling, “I told her that you wouldn’t understand ‘em.”

Kent turned that hard stare on Jack as if he were trying to read his mind. “Have you eaten recently?” he asked, his voice softening.

Jack straightened his shoulders. “I’m no charity case.”

“How old are you? Where do you live?”

“What’s with the twenty questions? I’m just delivering a note. Geez, do you give the paperboy this much trouble?”

Kent reached into his jacket pocket and held out a business card, and yet his grip didn’t let up. “If you ever get your memory back, or need anything, give me a call. Okay? Maybe I can help you out.”

“Don’t hold your breath, buster.”

Kent stared at the spider picture again for about twenty seconds, scowled, and then held it out to Jack once more. “Are you sure you don’t know what this is?”

Jack shrugged. “Sorry, buddy. Maybe a bald guy with a beard. Maybe a drowned spider. I really couldn’t tell you.”

Something Jack said must’ve clicked inside Kent as his eyes widened and his grip slackened. Jack took his opportunity and fled. He glanced back to see if Kent was following him, but the guy was already gone.

Clark swore under his breath as his zipped back into his apartment to lock up and change.

Lois, he grumbled in his mind. Would it have been too difficult to write out the word ‘octopus’ instead of drawing a picture? He had to agree with the kid; it looked more like a drowned spider than anything else.

Less than a second later, he was in the air and over Lois’s apartment. He hovered there, not quite sure what the emergency was. She was in her apartment, pacing. Okay, that didn’t seem too out of the ordinary. Maybe it wasn’t an immediate sort of emergency.

He flew down and landed softly on her fire escape and was about to knock on her window when she glanced up. He held up the drawing that the kid had left.

Clark saw relief in Lois’s eyes before she quickly shook her head. She covered her mouth, coughed, and then whispered under her hand, “Not now. Not here. Tomorrow. Contact me in the morning.”

She walked to her other window and closed the curtain, and then she moved to the window in front of Clark to close that curtain. At the last second, she paused and stared into his eyes as if she were drinking in the sight of them. Then she gave him a little smile and closed the curtain.

Clark stood in the darkness of the fire escape and tried to catch his breath. Even after all these days, seeing Lois was like a kick to his gut. The memories of her words from the park washed over him, and yet, he still missed her with his entire being.

Usually seeing Lois gave him an uplifting feeling of happiness, but not tonight. His soul felt heavier. His stomach churned, and he was almost nauseous at the horrible possibilities the next day could bring. His head felt fuzzy as if inside a bubble of silence, surrounding just the two of them. His whole body felt drained just from the few seconds of gazing into her eyes. He wanted to hold and kiss her and never let her go, but she belonged to another man.

“I miss you.”

Clark wasn’t sure if he actually heard her words or if his mind was playing tricks on him, because they were so faint, but as soon as he heard them he started to feel better. His chest didn’t hurt to breathe anymore and the pain in his soul melted away. He needed Lois. Without her in his life, he merely existed. With her, he lived.

“I miss you,” Lois whispered, still gripping onto the curtains. Not wanting to walk away, but knowing she had to. If she spent too much time at the window, Lex would grow suspicious.

With a heavy heart, she let go of the curtains and moved across the living room and down the hall to her bedroom. She took off that huge cumbersome engagement ring and almost tossed it on her dresser as if it was some kind of costume jewelry and she had finished playing with it for the day. She stopped herself.

No.

Lex would see.

Lex would know.

She had to keep up appearances. She opened up her jewelry box and set it gently inside. Then she headed into the bathroom to wash away the grime of the day. Not that she felt any grungier than she had since starting this investigation, but she needed to give Lex a reasonable excuse for taking off his ring. ‘Didn’t want to lose it down the drain’ sounded reasonable enough.

Lois hated her apartment. It felt like a prison.

She used to love her apartment. It was her haven from the world, but Lex had ruined it for her. How could she continue to live on Carter Avenue after the investigation, when every time she entered her apartment she knew she was a star in Lex’s very own home movie of her? She had no privacy, no peace, nothing. Lex had taken away everything she held dear.

He would pay for it and pay dearly.

She had been surprised to see Superman, even more so with a copy of the sketch she had tried to give to Rat that evening. Rat must have changed his mind. She didn’t know why, but she was ever so grateful. A smirk flashed across her mouth. Ha! She had told Rat that Clark understood her messages. This only proved her right, and made her feel good for the first time since putting on Lex’s horrible ring.

Lois couldn’t wait for the next day. She didn’t know how she would accomplish it, but she was going to give Clark the biggest kiss of his life and tell him how much she loved him, Lex be damned.

***End of Part 154***

Part 155

Comments

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/30/14 01:19 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.