Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
See? I was honestly posting this story at 4 AM because I forgot all the normal protocols for posting a story! I hope you've at least got a laugh out of my jetlag provoked insomnia. Please drop a line about what you think of my middle of the night story. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Having a bit of insomnia myself during the holidays (not being able to sleep when I'm supposed to and living on coffee to stay awake when I'm supposed to), I totally understand the punch drunk feeling that Lois was having during her jet lag.

Lois couldn’t focus properly at work, though, and Perry told her to take another day off to get readjusted. But Lois insisted that the best way to beat jetlag was to jump into the time zone you land on. Sink or swim, just like in life.
This worked when we flew to Brisbane. Arrived at 5 am, crashed at 7pm (boy, was that a long day!) Slept for 12 hours. clap

“It’s just another manic Monday..ohhh ohhh… I wish it were Sunday..ohhh ohhh. An I don’t have to run day…”

“Stupid song. It’s Tuesday!” Lois shouted irately at the radio.
Yes, I believe my kids were happy to return to school after a week of my insomnia. It's good that Clark's got a thick skin.

It wouldn’t hurt to just stretch out here for a moment…. Would it?
Famous last words. clap Cute story!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Cute story! It makes me wonder whether Lois will revisit her theory later some time when she notices something odd about Clark.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Okay, Clark, that's going a little too far. I know that you love her, but B&E (as Superman no less) so she won't get a crick in her neck? Calling Dr. Friskin! Calling Dr. Friskin!
You know, when you put it that way, Clark sounds rather creepy and stalker-ish.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a sweet little story, just what I needed after fighting cold weather. The perfect fic to read by a roaring fire.

Oh the evils of jetlag. Just when the body feels like it should stay awake, it fools you.

Poor Lois! This is one of those times when it really would have benefited her to get a nocturnal visit from Superman and than he could fly her to the stars!

Creepy? Not in the slightest.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi mozartmaid!

So I just got back from a long trip over the holidays and I have horrible jetlag.
[Linked Image]

Lois had flown in from a journalism conference in Los Angeles two days ago, and yet she still couldn’t get back on her regular schedule.
So, I’m guessing trips to tropical islands via Superman Express are out, then?

She managed to get through Monday all right on two cups of coffee, and even splurged on two real sugars in each. Clark had raised an eyebrow at that, but her glare had shut him up.
laugh
CLARK: I never mess with a blurry-eyed Lois. Or a Lois splurging on chocolate if the last time I’ve seen her this chocolaty has been 28 days ago.

But Lois insisted that the best way to beat jetlag was to jump into the time zone you land on. Sink or swim, just like in life.
Actually, I read this in a novel. If you go west, push on to the next sleepcycle. Same goes for going east, too. Although, when I fly east, I always try to get a redeye for the transatlantic leg. That way, I get to sleep in the night and get breakfast on the plane in the morning.

She got up and got a glass of water, pacing in her apartment as she worried over the fact that she needed to be up in four hours…no, now three.
[Linked Image] Even more annoying. Every once in a while, sleep just won’t come. No jetleg. No real excitement the day before or after. Just hyper [Linked Image]

Disappointed, she turned to go back into her apartment. She noticed a note on her door.
Would have been awkward had the door fallen shut.

Then, Lois had a thought. She shook her head and laughed out loud.

“Okay, now I know I am tired,” she said. Because this thought was really absurd.

What if Clark was Superman?
Oops?

Time to get some sleep!
Oooh! I like that idea.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm. It's midnight. I feel like this story is reminding me to do something, but I can't for the life of me think of what... Oh. Sleep. Right... Nah. I've got time to review at least. laugh

Great story! Very funny that she brushes off the Clark=Superman idea as just a side effect of the jetlag-- and that's what convinces her to actually get some sleep. rotflol I've never had jetlag before, though I suppose I've gotten the equivalent with a car. Carlag? (My family never flew much of anywhere, and I've only ever flown up and down really, not east-west.) Anywho. It was well done, from what I can imagine, and very funny. Good job!

Maybe I should get some sleep now....

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
This was a fantastic fic (perfect time of year for it, too...) I love that Lois figured out the Clark=Superman connection, but then dismissed it as a result of her jetlag. It makes a lot of sense. It shows how her instincts -- as always -- are spot-on; she just dismisses them.

Ultra Lucille
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay! Glad you all liked my jetlag story! laugh

VirginiaR
I find jet lag is harder flying from west to east than the other way around. [Huh]
It's true! I can fly from Europe to the States and just force myself to stay up. But it is much harder to make yourself go to sleep earlier... and even harder when you are back to work in a short time (like me), and NEED to go to sleep because you have to wake up early!

I ended up getting up at 5am one morning because it was futile to continue lying in bed and looking at the inside of my eyelids. Completely believable. [Clap]
Thanks! I know it's believable because I lived it that night, lol! wink

Okay, Clark, that's going a little too far. I know that you love her, but B&E (as Superman no less) so she won't get a crick in her neck? Calling Dr. Friskin! Calling Dr. Friskin!
If Clark wasn't such a great guy, he would indeed be accused of having stalkerish tendencies now and then. goofy

(also extra or missing paragraph break here)
I intended it to be part of the paragraph... it's just the way the formatting looks with the ...

quote:But how would they have done that? Could Clark just call Superman on a whim to float her to her bedroom? That seemed patently absurd…

Of course, Lois. Didn't you know that they were tag-team stalking you?
LOL goofy

Maybe if she invited Superman into her bedroom?
What are you suggesting, sir? wink

Mouserocks

Great story! Very funny that she brushes off the Clark=Superman idea as just a side effect of the jetlag-- and that's what convinces her to actually get some sleep. [Rotflol] I've never had jetlag before, though I suppose I've gotten the equivalent with a car. Carlag? (My family never flew much of anywhere, and I've only ever flown up and down really, not east-west.) Anywho. It was well done, from what I can imagine, and very funny. Good job!

Maybe I should get some sleep now....
Well, you can get a sort of jetlag in the car if you drive for many hours and change time zones. laugh The issue with jetlag is the fact that you are plopped suddenly into a different time zone and need to adjust accordingly. (Actually, I have the plot bunny for a fic hopping around in that -- having to do with too many crises, Superman, time zones, and perhaps Clark getting sloppy about hiding his identity around a certain reporter...) I just get tired after a long car trip, but there isn't the internal clock confusion like with jetlag.

Glad you enjoyed the story! And if you haven't yet -- get some sleep! wink

Ultra Lucille
This was a fantastic fic (perfect time of year for it, too...) I love that Lois figured out the Clark=Superman connection, but then dismissed it as a result of her jetlag. It makes a lot of sense. It shows how her instincts -- as always -- are spot-on; she just dismisses them.
Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I just happened to be struggling with jetlag myself, and figured some other people out there probably would be as well, considering the holidays... Glad you enjoyed it!

And is it funny that every time I read your name I hear Shelley Long (who played Ultra Lucille) say 'Ultra Lucille. ULtra Lucille. Let it roll off your tongue!' laugh

Thanks for the reviews, everyone! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Maybe if she invited Superman into her bedroom?

What are you suggesting, sir?
Nothing that could be detailed on this side of the boards.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard