Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Queenie, for this challenge; it is truly well named.

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Jimmy as the soul mate for Tempus? Yeah...I don't see that working. No wonder he decided he hated Utopia and had to both destroy it and steal Lois Lane!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
clap Lynn! That was too perfect! Loved it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Loved it. Totally weird yet funny scenario, and explains Tempus' (possible) motivation quite nicely. rotflol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Where or when else was one’s soul mate scientifically found for one?
And yet, Tempus *still* attempts to mess with L&C.

to the here and now for a full body-and-soul cloning before returning the original to their own time?
Oh dear! The future is inspired by Lex! eek

Lois Lane was Tempus’ soul mate?
He didn't do well in his history classes, did he?

His heart swelled.
Methinks that's not all.

Tempus growled, “No! There’s been a mistake. It should have been Lois, not this whelp! I’m not even into men, let alone boys.”
Oh dear! Here's where he gets the idea for everything that happened in Soulmates, huh?

The original Superman must die early.
Over reaction, much, Tempus?

Awesome response to the challenge, and totally fun! Great work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/guffawing/

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Oh, Lynn! Yes! This explains so much! laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks to all who have left FDK.

Annie, somehow, I doubt that Jimmy would have been any happier about the situation than Tempus was had he been awake.

Mouserocks, glad the story worked for you.

Queen of the Capes, this story never would have existed without your challenge. Thank you.

LJK, I didn't get much sleep the night before I wrote this -- the pieces falling into place had me too excited. ("Anything for You" aside, it's been way too long since I've had the time to do any writing, or had my head out of work and motherhood long enough even to think about fanfic.)

Deadly Chakram, I love getting line-by-line commentaries. It's always so interesting to see your reactions to the stories. Thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback. I, too, find the SM 3000 to be very shudder-worthy. Although it did work nicely as a device to propel the story, the religious, philosophical, and ethical implications of such a device would be troubling, to say the least.

Io, laugh .

Virginia, Wells make an error? Why, that's about as likely as Clark Kent being Superman. (Oh, wait... wink )

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

“I love Utopia,” Tempus thought. Where or when else could one bypass the awkwardness of dating or of having to rely on others to arrange a marriage for one?
So, what’s the solution? Concubines?

Where or when else was one’s soul mate scientifically found for one?
[Linked Image] After what Lois and Clark went through, TBTB obviously decided that a more efficient means was needed if the species were to survive.

What other culture had an SM 3000 that would comb through time and space to find one’s perfect mate, and then bring that person -- in an SM 3000-induced sleep -- to the here and now for a full body-and-soul cloning before returning the original to their own time?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael wave ,

Thanks for feeding the author. smile

How do they prevent them from cloning the own mother or daughter for Tempus?
There's that "if" statement in the subroutine/procedure/method/whatever-they're-calling-those-things-in-the-future...

Somebody needs to revoke his temporal license.
Although it wasn't stated in this story, Wells may have learned something from the events therein, as well. Too bad the lesson came a little late.

Maybe it should all be Greek to him?
You were saying about there being a problem with cloning his ancestor? It would fit right in. (At the risk of mangling the names of a Greek play and two L&C episodes: Oedipus Rex, anyone?)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's that "if" statement in the subroutine/procedure/method/whatever-they're-calling-those-things-in-the-future...
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hmm...Doesn't he have a time machine...? peep
Good point. smile But once he has learned his lesson about not changing the past, would he use his time machine to go back and change the past in order to teach himself that lesson at an earlier point? Or should his lesson have been just to be more careful while working the SM 3000? Or perhaps not to have an SM 300 to begin with?

Joy,
Lynn

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Ha! That's great! clap No wonder that Jimmy can never seem to find his soul mate on the show! I guess Tempus (Baron Tempos, Tempus Tex, et al) could never reconcile himself to his destiny -- in any lifetime.

Ultra Lucille
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Ultra Lucille,

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. My own thoughts are that either the SM 3000 was flawed or else Wells made an input error, but the story is certainly open to other interpretations.

Somehow, sexual orientations aside, I couldn't see anyone with Tempus' personality being with anyone with Jimmy's personality for very long. The two go together like peanut butter and jellyfish. (Tempus, of course, being the jellyfish.)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or should his lesson have been just to be more careful while working the SM 3000? Or perhaps not to have an SM 300 to begin with?
Manufacturer: Soul Catching Inc. cannot be held responsible for psychopathic behavior resulting from using the SM3000 without first consulting the manual.

wave Michael

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Manufacturer: Soul Catching Inc. cannot be held responsible for psychopathic behavior resulting from using the SM3000 without first consulting the manual.
rotflol

Yeah, I could see the lawyers having a field day with that one, assuming that there are lawyers in Utopia.

Thanks for the smile.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard