Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK, if any, goes here.

Who knows, perhaps I'll bring back Night Eagle someday.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Nan posted her Epilogue. jump I'm glad, that Manny came back, he had been the only innocent victim.
It was a wonderful story (though a revelation would have been nice cat )

KateB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan,

Night Eagle was a very interesting character and I for one would like to see him return for another visit, even if only to nudge our favorite superhero in Lois' direction.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad that Metropolis has another guardian!

Excellent story. Please submit it to the Archive ASAP so that I can read it all at once. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think this is the longest story I've read on the boards, which ended with Lois still not knowing Clark's secret (at any point within the story). clap I was wondering if you'd actually have the reveal or whether you'd A-Plot it out. Well done. clap

I am a bit confused on how Night Eagle was able to revive Manny without turning him (in the traditional sense of the vampire). What happened to his Laughing Bird? Is Night Eagle a previous life of Clark's, only his soul mate moved on when he did not? Of course, that would make it difficult to explain how Clark could be there unless you get technical and say that Night Eagle's soul disappeared as soon as he was infected (it's big discussion in the Twilight books, whether or not one can still have a soul when one is a vampire).

So, sad for Night Eagle. Like alt-Clark, he wanders throughout his long life without his soul mate. sad I'm curious where life will take this universe next. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Remember, Night Eagle is also a medicine man, besides being part blood spirit, and the Superman universe contains magic. Maybe I'll bring back Night Eagle in a later story, but suffice to say, he was a powerful shaman of his tribe, and who is to say what the rules are with victims of the blood spirits when someone like Night Eagle can get to them in time? Remember what he was thinking in the last part. It cost him something, at least for a while. People with his powers pay a price when they use their gifts, but he had to fix his mistake. (And if Henderson is right, Manny's body probably vanished from the morgue that first night. Night Eagle was probably working on him all the time after that.)

Nan

Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I was a little dissatisfied with the epilogue, so I redid it slightly. Anyone who has already read it, I would appreciate your comments on the newer version. Do you think I improved it?

Nan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bobby Bigmouth glanced casually at the glowing dial of his watch, which informed him that it was quarter to eight.
Huh, Bobby? Didn’t expect Bobby. blush

Somehow, the situation had not arisen this year.
Nice one!

Bobby had advised him to get under cover before sunset, but apparently he hadn't made it, for his body had been found in Centennial Park the next day, the first victim of the "vampire."
/scratches head/ Why did the vampire go after him again instead of some other victim. That’s odd. Very odd, indeed.

Wrapped in the ragged but warm clothing, with a muffler wound around his neck and lower face, he had an unnerving resemblance to Manny.
Interesting… Will New Manny heed a hefty diet of hemoglobin?

That was done. It was an error that could not be left to stand, no matter the cost. It had been very long ago that his power had been utilized in such a way and the skills of his profession had their price.
What did he give up? Or did he transfer life energy from the crooks?

His new hiding place lay beneath it; a set of empty rooms that were tucked away in a hidden corner of the great system of tunnels that honeycombed the ground under the surface.
It’s called a sewage system. They use it these days to keep plagues at bay. In earlier days, people just didn’t live closer packed than rats on a ship. Stupid White Men. :rolleyes:

Through them, great vehicles ran on rails, bearing thousands of people to their destinations day in and day out. No one was likely to discover him there.
Oh, those tunnels.

He was content.

The End
/satisfied sigh/

I was a little dissatisfied with the epilogue, so I redid it slightly. Anyone who has already read it, I would appreciate your comments on the newer version. Do you think I improved it?
The bit with Night Eagle, right? Yeah, it feels kind of better this way smile

That was one nice tale you’ve weaved there, Nan. And all nicely tied up with a bow wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I never had a problem with Night Eagle bringing Manny back to life. He had never been a vampire, so Manny didn't turn into one either.
The edited version of the Epilogue works better for me. I love seeing Night Eagle's point of view. smile
Thanks Nan for that amazing story. sloppy
I hope you will start posting something else soon (hint, hint). grovel

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just re-read it but couldn't spot any differences. That may have had to do with the near constant interruptions of my kids who are trying to get out of doing their chores. Will try again later. I'm guessing the changes are very subtle, right? clap

I agree with Io, it will certainly be a treat to read this once it posts on the Archive and be able to read it as a whole, so not so many things fall through the colander of my mind.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard