OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Comments are appreciated.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I would hope that Lois knows what happened to him.
And if she knows, then it would be likely that Batman knows. I guess anyone else knowing would depend on whether he ever shared his identity with the Justice League, but it sounds like they're as in the dark as everyone else. Part of me is thinking that he just retired, especially given the title, but I would expect Clark to actually state that he was leaving if that was the case.

All in all, a very intriguing story, and I look forward to the rest of it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I would hope that Lois knows what happened to him.
And if she knows, then it would be likely that Batman knows. I guess anyone else knowing would depend on whether he ever shared his identity with the Justice League, but it sounds like they're as in the dark as everyone else. Part of me is thinking that he just retired, especially given the title, but I would expect Clark to actually state that he was leaving if that was the case.

All in all, a very intriguing story, and I look forward to the rest of it.
Thanks for the comments.

I'll just say that Lois is as "on the ball" as CEO of Planet Communications and Entertainment at 58 as she was on the ball as a 26 year old reporter.

The clues are all there in this chapter.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another intriguing part.

My guess? Lex succeeded where Intergang failed. I am thinking his gifts to Superman were Trojan Horses, and that they contained an extra functionality unknown to Clark. Perhaps they had some sort of tracing mechanism so that Lex could figure out Superman's secret identity and put Intergang's slow poisoning plan into place. Perhaps the suits themselves contained kryptonite in such minute quantities that they didn't trip the detectors. or maybe the detectors were rigged somehow to ignore any kryptonite within the suits themselves. (Maybe Lex had developed a synthetic kryptonite that was undetectable to the suits but just as lethal to Clark.)

Given who the author of the story is, I am at least 90% convinced that Clark really is dead, and that his death came as a result of Lex's machinations. If that is the case, I thank you Randi, that at least you made a point of saying that what would prove to be his final years were happy ones.

Eager for part 3.

Joy,
Lynn

R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Another intriguing part.

My guess? Lex succeeded where Intergang failed. I am thinking his gifts to Superman were Trojan Horses, and that they contained an extra functionality unknown to Clark. Perhaps they had some sort of tracing mechanism so that Lex could figure out Superman's secret identity and put Intergang's slow poisoning plan into place. Perhaps the suits themselves contained kryptonite in such minute quantities that they didn't trip the detectors. or maybe the detectors were rigged somehow to ignore any kryptonite within the suits themselves. (Maybe Lex had developed a synthetic kryptonite that was undetectable to the suits but just as lethal to Clark.)

Give who the author of the story is, I am at least 90% convinced that Clark really is dead, and that his death came as a result of Lex's machinations. If that is the case, I thank you Randi, that at least you made a point of saying that what would prove to be his final years were happy ones.

Eager for part 3.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks for the comments.

Given who the author is?! - yeah I like dark stories but not solely dark stories. smile

Speaking of dark stories, I've read references to Red Boots Down here on the boards where someone discovered the secret and managed to poison Clark. The story is praised but apparently was pulled by the author. Would have liked to have read it.

Back to my story, Batman/Bruce is the worlds greatest detective mind and Lois is shrewd to no end. Ten years and they couldn't catch Lex in the dire deed you assume he carried out?

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I think the announcement is about the new superman who is now CJ. I think it is a way to pass the cape without people realizing there is a new superman in place. So that Clark and Lois can age together and throw off any suspicions that the new superman could be someone who was not born when superman first appeared.

R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by AndyG:
I think the announcement is about the new superman who is now CJ. I think it is a way to pass the cape without people realizing there is a new superman in place. So that Clark and Lois can age together and throw off any suspicions that the new superman could be someone who was not born when superman first appeared.
Thanks for the comments.

That would make for an interesting story.

Still, CJ plays a role in this story. At the end and I think it will surprise some. As in what is wanted for him. I'll leave it at that.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard