Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here. Thanks for reading.

I do have a tiny morsel of an idea for a prequel set just after Clark's initial reveal to the world. In fact this prequel tiny morsel came first but didn't grow big enough. Instead this look further into the future arrived. There is a tiny morsel of a sequel also bouncing around in my head. Whether either of them will ever grow into complete stories remains to be seen.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really enjoyed this alt-alt-tale. laugh

Yes! Yes! Yes! smile1 Fun tale. Nice to see Lois making the movers and shakers squirm.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
What a fun story!

He's not gorgeous, not at all, she stubbornly repeated to herself before striding over the set,
Hee hee.

She directed her gaze to the two men at the far end of the seated line. More specifically to the one whom she had a hidden agenda for tonight.
smile1

Ultra Lucille
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not a fan of that kind of television but you showed us a great show! I hope you will write the sequel. thumbsup

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the comments, especially as it has been a busy few days for most of you I guess.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I really enjoyed this alt-alt-tale. laugh

Yes! Yes! Yes! smile1 Fun tale. Nice to see Lois making the movers and shakers squirm.
smile1 </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you very much. I've got the prequel and sequel ides in my notebook - they are not forgotten. Don't know when I'll do them though.

Originally posted by Framework4:
Delightful tale.
Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Annalina19:
I'm not a fan of that kind of television but you showed us a great show! I hope you will write the sequel. thumbsup
Me neither, I hate the awkwardness and embarrassment when the interviewer challenges someone. In fact the whole point of the story is NOT the show but the changing 'celebrity crush' that Lois and Clark harbor. But I felt I needed to write the whole show rather than just go 'and then Lois challenged Lex about his business'. It would be a bit lame, and the story would feel empty.

Anyway, neither the prequel or sequel are going to be another 'show'. They focus much more fully on the 'celebrity crush' aspect.

But at the moment, there is actually little change they will be written, so if anyone feels led by their muse ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I could never see Lois on television. Too high profile for her to investigate effectively if she was with a TV news show. Not enough of her own content either.

But...Lois with a show like this? Minions for her to command? Things just got scary. A squad of Jimmys and investigative staff to follow up on her hunches. The chance to expose the corrupt underbelly in a public forum. Wow. Pure Lois. Great idea and well written.

Clark was well written. Going public at 18 is so different, though. I'd like to hear how that happened--and what happens next. Thanks for the story!

Shallowford
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Repeat post. Gotta stop hitting the wrong button.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a very fresh look at our favorite couple! It is hard to imagine Lois as anything else but a print reporter! Nonetheless the crisp writing transports us into another alternative world where Lois is a TV personality and Clark reveals who he is to the world voluntarily.

Lex on a TV show? Unthinkable. I can't imagine he would allow himself to be put on the hot seat like that.

This is the first time Mrs. Cox is a good person, who works at a foundation for Clark of all people!

WoW!

You can't stop here! Sequel!
grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Victoria,

Delightful story and I will add my vote to the other requests for a sequel.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
More comments - oooo thanks.

Originally posted by Shallowford:
I could never see Lois on television. Too high profile for her to investigate effectively if she was with a TV news show. Not enough of her own content either.
Yeah, but that's cannon Lois you could never see in this situation. That's the beauty of AU.

But...Lois with a show like this? Minions for her to command? Things just got scary. A squad of Jimmys and investigative staff to follow up on her hunches. The chance to expose the corrupt underbelly in a public forum. Wow. Pure Lois. Great idea and well written.
Thanks. You see - and alt Lois might very well have this life!

Clark was well written. Going public at 18 is so different, though. I'd like to hear how that happened--and what happens next. Thanks for the story!
Thank you. Clark needed to come across as perfect, he had to get all his answers to Lois correct, he had to still be shy, loveable Clark and he had to be bigger than life Superman.

In regards to why Clark went public at 18 there was one line in the story. A prequel would probably explain even more, but it pretty much is covered by that line...

When he'd decided, nine years ago, to let the world know he existed, to keep himself safe by putting himself out into the public leaving the government no way to capture him without the whole world knowing, he never realised what it would really mean to his privacy.
Basically a secret, especially a deep, dark, dangerous one, is something that can be held over you. Blackmail, fear, worry. It's with you constantly. But in the end the most worrying part of Clark's secret is that he'll be taken away, captured, hidden. If the whole world knows he exists then how could the government take him without the whole world knowing. They couldn't sneak him off and secrete him away in this world.

Originally posted by Morgana:
This is a very fresh look at our favorite couple! It is hard to imagine Lois as anything else but a print reporter! Nonetheless the crisp writing transports us into another alternative world where Lois is a TV personality and Clark reveals who he is to the world voluntarily.
Thank you. It is a bit of a surprising change for our characters isn't it. but then I have read other alt worlds even more different.

Lex on a TV show? Unthinkable. I can't imagine he would allow himself to be put on the hot seat like that.
Publicity. It's all about publicity and this is a popular show with a sexy female host. He really didn't expect to be exposed by Lois.

This is the first time Mrs. Cox is a good person, who works at a foundation for Clark of all people!
You are the only one who has mentioned Clark's assistant so far. Is it Mrs Cox? Shall I tell you?

Yes, it is. She is obviously a very efficient assistant, as we have seen in cannon universe. But there are many ramifications and ripples from Clark revealing himself at 18. That was nine years ago. What were minor (or major) characters doing nine years ago and would having this Superman appear change their outlook on life, change their hope for the future, change their aspirations and career goals.

As you can see Mrs Cox is not the only one who has had a career change ... has Lois ended up on TV as a byproduct of Clark?

WoW!

You can't stop here! Sequel!
grovel
I'll try, I promise. I did get a few hours yesterday when there was nothing to do but write and I got an opening scene of the prequel written.

Originally posted by KenJ:
Victoria,

Delightful story and I will add my vote to the other requests for a sequel.
Thank you Ken. I think it will bug me if I don't ever get round to it, but time is a big factor.

If anyone else wants to take a shot I can pass on what I've got so far ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Basically a secret, especially a deep, dark, dangerous one, is something that can be held over you. Blackmail, fear, worry. It's with you constantly. But in the end the most worrying part of Clark's secret is that he'll be taken away, captured, hidden. If the whole world knows he exists then how could the government take him without the whole world knowing. They couldn't sneak him off and secrete him away in this world.
I would like to see this story and learn why Clark thinks he is at risk for this to happen, and how he came to this life-altering decision.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Quite honestly, I've usually been comfortable with the idea of an "in front of the camera" version of Lois. When the new52 came about I had a few mental images of the kind of news anchor that version might be and one of them was a mix of Mika Brzezinski(spelling may not be correct there, but she's the co-host of Morning Joe) and Savannah Guthrie. A bit of the hard-hitting kind and the slightly sympathetic kind. Your version of Lois, fits that mental image quite easily. I can so see Clark making semi-regular stops on her show after this.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
What a fun story!

You've got an interesting setup here. With both of them having crushes on each other, how will they get a real relationship started? Neither seems to be worried about their own celebrity status, though, so it might not be that difficult. Each one seems more star-struck by the other than worrying that the other would be into them just for their celebrity image.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Victoria!

Set in an alt universe in which Clark revealed himself to the world at 18 years old and is the most famous man/celebrity in the world. Lois Lane is the most famous/glamorous News discussion/talk-show host. What will happen when Superman is a guest on her show.
Oh boy. Now that’s a premise!

Outcasts, rejects, unwanted and despised,
/points at Superman in a world run by Jason Trask/

There was only one person that these unexpected calls of appreciation could be for … and Lois could not fault anyone for their desire to make that appreciation known.
Lex Luthor, the most eligible bachelor around?

When he lifted his hand and waved in a most natural, friendly … and slightly shy manner, she knew it wasn’t stage fright.
Aww…she’s all in heat and stuff help

Plus … I have actually been turned away from Mr Luthor's orphanage,
Oops?

Immediately shocked back into action she blurted out the first thought in her head. "Can you come decorate my apartment this year?"
clap My son has finally found an interest in concubines! I thought that would never happen.

If he was every woman's fantasy, then Lois Lane … she was every intelligent man's fantasy. And he was definitely an intelligent man.
So… [Linked Image] ?

Although they were both famous they had never crossed paths.
He could have invited her to the annual New Year’s shindig at the Foundation. He could have instituted it 4 years ago, waited a year to let it settle and then invite Lois by last year’s New Year.

But his assistant cautioned him. Lois Lane was well known for leading guests into a false sense of security with her affable charm, and then blindsiding them with something she wanted to expose.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Yes, I want to expose something of him. [Linked Image]

Clark watched as Lois read through the white slips then crumpled them and slid them down the side of the chair, out of sight.
Hmm…

Gone because ‘crush' would be an inadequate word to use from this moment on.
Love sick stalker that requires his target to setup leadlined drapes?

"Um. I … I asked if anyone could take part with them …" He looked over at the chubby older man who was grinning back like a little child. "It seems that I'm going to be joining."
Fishing for votes?

Mayor Frank Berkowitz was well loved and only just recently elected in anyway. Even when she'd challenged him earlier on the bad permit decisions she'd known it wasn't his fault personally.
Huh. So, previous administration? Now, Lois, that’s a low blow! [Linked Image] Now, go, and get yourself five slaps on your heiny from Superman.

And … she couldn't think of a more unlikely person to see in a Santa suit … or running for charity. But … maybe she'd get another surprise.
He could go as Krampus. Also, why isn’t Lois dressing up as a Naughty Elf for the run?

"Unfortunately, I have an appointment in Milan on New Year's Day, so I will not be in Metropolis. I am most distressed at that. It would have been a wonderful opportunity."
That should be easy to check.

"Then perhaps you can assure you me that the reason this application"- Lois flung a brown cardboard folder over the glass coffee table - "has been in your system for nine months is quite innocent, and you are only following protocol." She watched as Mr Kent leaned forwards and slid the folder over.
She digging in dirt? She does know that digging in dirt usually gets you dirty yourself, right?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He nodded, but Lois noticed a tightness in his neck. He didn't smile as genuinely as before and he didn't look as relaxed in his chair.
What’s going on?

"And on that note it is time for another break. We'll be back again after this."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Amanda!" Clark called out loudly as he landed abruptly in the main office at the Superman Foundation.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I would like to see this story and learn why Clark thinks he is at risk for this to happen, and how he came to this life-altering decision.
It's scheduled into the prequel ... if I ever do it.

Originally posted by Christina:
Quite honestly, I've usually been comfortable with the idea of an "in front of the camera" version of Lois. When the new52 came about I had a few mental images of the kind of news anchor that version might be and one of them was a mix of Mika Brzezinski(spelling may not be correct there, but she's the co-host of Morning Joe) and Savannah Guthrie. A bit of the hard-hitting kind and the slightly sympathetic kind. Your version of Lois, fits that mental image quite easily. I can so see Clark making semi-regular stops on her show after this.
Thanks. I wrote this Lois as fiery, blunt, agressive and forthright as the one we know, but there is a softer edge - pandering to the audience, the 'showbusiness', the friendliness, the humour which tempers it all down. Glad it worked.

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
What a fun story!

You've got an interesting setup here. With both of them having crushes on each other, how will they get a real relationship started? Neither seems to be worried about their own celebrity status, though, so it might not be that difficult. Each one seems more star-struck by the other than worrying that the other would be into them just for their celebrity image.
Yeah, there's no worry about current 'celebrity status' although ... it is the other persons 'celebrity status' which started off the crushes strangely enough.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Hi Victoria!
Hi Michael. I'm looking forward to your comments ... here we go.

Set in an alt universe in which Clark revealed himself to the world at 18 years old and is the most famous man/celebrity in the world. Lois Lane is the most famous/glamorous News discussion/talk-show host. What will happen when Superman is a guest on her show.
Oh boy. Now that’s a premise!
Thanks. Now - did the story live up to it or not?

There was only one person that these unexpected calls of appreciation could be for … and Lois could not fault anyone for their desire to make that appreciation known.
Lex Luthor, the most eligible bachelor around?
LOL. Nope (deadpan). They are cheering for the next guy about to come through the door. You know, the one that is actually the main character.

When he lifted his hand and waved in a most natural, friendly … and slightly shy manner, she knew it wasn’t stage fright.
Aww…she’s all in heat and stuff help
Yes, her personal hope for tonight is to get past her teenage crush.

Plus … I have actually been turned away from Mr Luthor's orphanage,
Oops?
Well, I couldn't actually see Luthor approving a visit by the Man of Steel, could you?

Immediately shocked back into action she blurted out the first thought in her head. "Can you come decorate my apartment this year?"
clap My son has finally found an interest in concubines! I thought that would never happen.
Hey ... he wouldn't necessarily take her up on the offer, but he wouldn't be annoyed at her attentions!!!!

If he was every woman's fantasy, then Lois Lane … she was every intelligent man's fantasy. And he was definitely an intelligent man.
So… [Linked Image] ?
Mmmmmmm

Although they were both famous they had never crossed paths.
He could have invited her to the annual New Year’s shindig at the Foundation. He could have instituted it 4 years ago, waited a year to let it settle and then invite Lois by last year’s New Year.
Ooooh. Nice idea. *ponders*

But his assistant cautioned him. Lois Lane was well known for leading guests into a false sense of security with her affable charm, and then blindsiding them with something she wanted to expose.
LOIS: Yes, I want to expose something of him.
Maybe when she was a teenager ... now she's trying to kill those thoughts.

Clark watched as Lois read through the white slips then crumpled them and slid them down the side of the chair, out of sight.
Hmm…
It's just notes from the director and some questions from the viewers to put into part two.

Gone because ‘crush' would be an inadequate word to use from this moment on.
Love sick stalker that requires his target to setup leadlined drapes?
Oh my. Yeah, something like that.

"Um. I … I asked if anyone could take part with them …" He looked over at the chubby older man who was grinning back like a little child. "It seems that I'm going to be joining."
Fishing for votes?
Could be ... he is genuine, but nothing wrong with free positive publicity though.

Mayor Frank Berkowitz was well loved and only just recently elected in anyway. Even when she'd challenged him earlier on the bad permit decisions she'd known it wasn't his fault personally.
Huh. So, previous administration? Now, Lois, that’s a low blow! [Linked Image] Now, go, and get yourself five slaps on your heiny from Superman.
Actually - just elected in was actually 're-election'. I only meant to point out that the election had been recent and was nothing to do with his decision.

And … she couldn't think of a more unlikely person to see in a Santa suit … or running for charity. But … maybe she'd get another surprise.
He could go as Krampus. Also, why isn’t Lois dressing up as a Naughty Elf for the run?
I'm guessing there's plenty that want to see that...

"Unfortunately, I have an appointment in Milan on New Year's Day, so I will not be in Metropolis. I am most distressed at that. It would have been a wonderful opportunity."
That should be easy to check.
Uh huh. *nods*

"Then perhaps you can assure you me that the reason this application"- Lois flung a brown cardboard folder over the glass coffee table - "has been in your system for nine months is quite innocent, and you are only following protocol." She watched as Mr Kent leaned forwards and slid the folder over.
She digging in dirt? She does know that digging in dirt usually gets you dirty yourself, right?
It's not really dirt. In the end, even if she is right, all it proves is that the Superman Foundation has lousy administration.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
He nodded, but Lois noticed a tightness in his neck. He didn't smile as genuinely as before and he didn't look as relaxed in his chair.
What’s going on?
He's extremely unhappy about the orphanage. He's speed-read through the file Lois tossed across and it has greatly upset him.

Amanda Cox was his personal assistant and she was the most efficient woman he had ever met.
Wait, Cox? What the… [Linked Image]
Yes, Cox. When Clark reveled himself to the world nine years ago a lot of girls/women got a different view of the world, different aspirations, than they'd had before. He inspired quite a few changes in lives to those in the Cannon universe.

"Yes. The application was assigned to Rose Delgado when we received it nine months ago."

"But Rose …" he stuttered

"Yes, Clark," came her soft reply.
Died?
Not quite - but it is terminal.

"It was. All the paperwork should have been handed over, but I've just checked and her filing cabinet was never emptied. I've just been in there and pulled all these out." She lifted her arms indicating the pile of papers.
So, enough bureaucracy to run a small nation?
LOL. Not quite that much, she did have it all just in her arms.

"Yes, sir." Amanda nodded. Clark knew that he'd been talking in his Superman voice. She only ever called him sir in serious situations.
laugh
laugh

"Welcome back. While we were off air one of my guests disappeared for a minute." Lois turned to the man who had been the most troublesome guest ever.
wave Michael
thanks

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Katherine
This might be one of those times when you gotta write a sequel. Under the spotlight deserves a wider treatment! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard