Print Thread
#98502 12/25/13 06:47 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

I had been kicking this story around in my head for several months, but hadn't had the free time to do anything with it. Now that I finally have a few days off, I decided to write it up and post it.

No beta readers were harmed during the making of this story.

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
In this universe, Lois had never fallen for Lex’s charm.
dance I like it already!

The look she turned on him made Lois’s most puppy-dog mooning appear a contemptuous sneer by comparison.
Hee hee. Love the wording here. That look must really be somethig! eek

“Jimmy, we need you to work your magic on the computers. Find out what two teenagers – a “Jasmine Brennen” and an “Ashley Bogdanove” – have in common.

“You mean besides both having hot sounding first names?”
laugh Great ending! What a fun story.

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad that these Super fans needed that extra push to turn them to a life a crime. Was Penny Barnes was of the SFC suspects/victims? wink

I love how Lex, et al, figured out how to work under Superman's radar.

So, in this alt-dimension where Lois was never into Lex (or vice versa) did Lois and Clark date sooner, or were they curled up together watching TV as friends? Clearly, he still hasn't informed her of his other persona, yet. Why did SM only hear the alarms from the places the college students broke in, but not those across town? Were they closer? Did they have better security? Did he have the security disabled where the 'real' robbery was taking place?

Sorry about the influx of questions. I'm currently working on little sleep and lots of chocolate. laugh

“No it wasn’t. They were in the SFC. They already wanted to throw themselves at Superman. Asabi just gave them the freedom to do what they wanted. And even if he hadn’t, I’ll bet Superman has all kinds of women begging him to be with them.”
So, is Lois denying that she was already ready to throw herself into Clark's arms when exposed to Revenge? Pity. wink Although, I must say, this does sound a bit like Lois protesting too much that it was VERY different.

I would say that this is a great example of Super Fans causing super headaches for Superman! (yikes! My apologies for that sentence.) clap Maybe you'll be willing to bring back a sequel come August. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello Ultra Lucille and Virginia,

Thanks for taking the time to read my story and leave feedback on such a busy day. smile

UL, You picked out some of my favourite lines in the story. Thank you. smile

And although I wrote the ending for L&C, part of me was seeing George Reeves giving a fourth-wall-breaking wink to the camera.

Virginia wrote:
So, in this alt-dimension where Lois was never into Lex (or vice versa) did Lois and Clark date sooner, or were they curled up together watching TV as friends? Clearly, he still hasn't informed her of his other persona, yet. Why did SM only hear the alarms from the places the college students broke in, but not those across town? Were they closer? Did they have better security? Did he have the security disabled where the 'real' robbery was taking place?
Lois and Clark were just friends at this point. Clark hadn't heard the other alarms because they were too far away. Lex made a point of having the real robberies be far across town from the diversions. Ironically, once Clark realized that, it made it easier for him to catch the real robbers, since he could narrow the scope of his patrol quite a bit.

“No it wasn’t. They were in the SFC. They already wanted to throw themselves at Superman. Asabi just gave them the freedom to do what they wanted. And even if he hadn’t, I’ll bet Superman has all kinds of women begging him to be with them.”
So, is Lois denying that she was already ready to throw herself into Clark's arms when exposed to Revenge?
Oops... I meant for Jimmy to have said that line, but when I went back just now to re-read what I had written, I can see how it would look as though Lois were speaking. I just prefaced the quoted sentences with "Jimmy disagreed" in the story to make it clearer. Thanks for catching that.

I've a feeling this story will remain a one-shot, but who knows what else my muse will dream up? Even if she gives me some more ideas, I probably wouldn't be able to write them up (unless they were for truly super-short stories) before the summer. I'll let her mull on the challenge and Bizarro challenge topics.(My thanks to you and Queen of the Capes for coming up with them.)

So out of curiosity: My story clearly fits with the title of the August challenge, but I'm blind with regard to what the specifics of that challenge will be; does it fit in with the details of the challenge, as well?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
So out of curiosity: My story clearly fits with the title of the August challenge, but I'm blind with regard to what the specifics of that challenge will be; does it fit in with the details of the challenge, as well?
Queenie and I decided our 2014 Challenges would be vaguer and more broad than some of my challenges for 2013 to open up people's creative juices. We have come up with 3 rules for each challenge, and this story (I double checked) is missing at least one of the criteria. But still a fun foray into the land of fandumb... er... um... fandom. (The Rules for each Challenge will be posted a month before that month's challenge.) But definitely worth an honorable mention. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Ah, well. At the risk of sounding like some of my students, do I get bonus points for an early submission? wink

And I guess considering that I didn't know the rules, having a possible two out of three isn't bad. Thanks for checking.

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
And although I wrote the ending for L&C, part of me was seeing George Reeves giving a fourth-wall-breaking wink to the camera.
smile That's exactly what I was picturing when I read that last line. I always liked those wink-at-the-camera endings.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
That's exactly what I was picturing when I read that last line.
Cool. Mission accomplished with the ending, then.

I always liked those wink-at-the-camera endings.
Same here. It was a silly, very Silver-Age-y thing to do, but it was just plain fun.

Thanks for leaving feedback, Mrs. Mxy.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

Mr. Luthor had, as always, been correct; all the students needed was a little encouragement to do what they had wished to do anyway.
So…what did he do?

“Uh, Lois, I just remembered that we’re out of double-chocolate-mocha-fudge ice cream. I’ll be back with some before the captain sings, ‘Edelweiss.’”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Thanks for the smiles, Lynn!
Right back atcha. smile

I always enjoy seeing your humorous take on stories. You missed a line that I had been sure you'd comment on:

But the temptation to get under Lois’s skin was just too great.
I had been expecting an innuendo-laden response to that one. Had that one been too easy?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everybody else just said everything I was going to say, so I'll just end with "fun story!"

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, Io. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

But the temptation to get under Lois’s skin was just too great.
I had been expecting an innuendo-laden response to that one. Had that one been too easy?
[Linked Image] I took the skin too literally, in terms of figure or speech, nixing the chance for innuendo blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a diabolical plan! Evil as Luthor is, he does, unfortunately, know how to get under Clark/Superman's skin -- and having his...uh...groupies, shall we say...distract him is the perfect solution! Very glad Luthor didn't think of this on the show!

My favorite line was the last -- the comment Clark made just to get under Lois's skin, and the way he tried not to give himself away with his smile. So perfect, and I imagine very hard to do at times!

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Anti-K,

Welcome back! Thanks for leaving feedback. I'm honoured that one of my stories was among the first that you commented on upon your return from your hiatus.

I'm glad you liked the story.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard