Page 1 of 2 1 2
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lol!

Cute story Yvonne smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That was good, Yvonne!

I see that Mary Sue is an altruist, after all smile

Now, I'm wondering what finally happened. (How about a TOGOM re-write? wink )

See ya. Keep writing.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part 2 was every bit as funny as Part 1. I have too many "favorite parts" to quote, but the part that caused me to laugh out loud (literally), was when Mary Sue realized why her coffee was still hot. rotflol

Thanks for this story, it was a lot of fun to read!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yvonne,

I read parts one and two in one fell swoop and was giggling my butt off near the entire time! I could not possibly pick out areas to highlight and quote as favorites, because if I did, I wuold be lifting nearly the entire fic minus a few words here and there. thumbsup

Fantastic job! I would love for this Mary Sue to meet Lois too... what would go thru her mind about that... the guilt about wanting Lois' man to ravish her, the respect for a fellow strong woman, yet still having more guilt because she couldn't help but want Clark to ravish her.... laugh

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn that Vicki! She got here before me and named my favorite part again.

Oh.

My.

God.

Clark Kent just heated up my coffee with his vision thingy.

Cool. Be cool. Lois-cool.
So hilarious, it killed me.

But here too,

Okay, so if he hadn’t just used a touch of superspeed to go up to his apartment and back, then I was a banana.
I can't say well enough how much I liked this story! Wonderful and so fun.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute piece. thumbsup

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was so great!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop giggling now and my husband is looking at me like :rolleyes: "oh boy, NOW what?"

One of my favorite parts..
Very reluctantly, I closed the door (“why didn’t you invite him here for dinner next week?” it asked), and collapsed onto my sofa (“where, oh, where did that nice young man go?”) clutching one of the cushions (“you could be hugging him instead of me if you’d handled that better”).
Great stuff Mary..erm..Yvonne!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bravo, Yvonne! Bravo!! clap

What a perfect follow up to Part 1 - this was every bit as fun and had a perfectly satisfying ending despite the fact that we never got any ravishing <g>.

Although, I'm absolutely devastated by the fact taht there is no more TOGOM and my very first fanfic has disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Any time you need to take a break from angst, please please please give us some more like these.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
ROFL! There are Mary Sues, and there are stories like this one. Absolutely hilarious. And I can see poor Clark being so confused. And the inanimate objects talking! Now, I just have one question....

Need a roommate? wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol
Great story.

“Okay.” I drew in a long, deep breath, looked him straight in the eye, and told him the stupidest-sounding thing I’d ever uttered to another intelligent being. “Don’t ever let your prospective girlfriend think you’re dead when you’re not really dead. You might think you got away with it at the time, but believe me, there’s a huge body of carefully researched data out there that says it’s generally not a good idea. In fact, it’s almost certain to put your relationship back months, if not wreck it completely.”
rotflol
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
FANFIC READER DIES LAUGHING!

FILM AT ELEVEN

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Incredible Yvonne!!!! clap DITTO!!!!

S (who is still giggling about this story!!! laugh )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yvonne,

I just read both parts at once and spent the entire time snickering at my computer screen.

*This* from the woman who thought "angst-free" meant writing a vignette about Clark after Lois has died?

You are utterly condemned, Yvonne. We are going to expect real comedy from you from now on. We will haunt you and hound you and get ready to applaud the next time you come up with an utterly hilarious gem like this one!

Hazel, who wants to know what Wendy is going to do now that half her fics are gone goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yvonne,

this was great! smile1

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elena said:
But...but...we lost "Tempus Fugitive" and "Tempus, Anyone?" and "Meet John Doe" and "Lois and Clarks"!!
Elena!!! Is that all you can think of?! eek

Seriously, El, there are far more important things to worry about! Such as this: help

/me sobs as she sees half her completed works disappear into oblivion...

Seriously, Yvonne, as you already know, this is sheer hilarity! What an ingenious premise, and as for the execution... I could barely stop laughing long enough to BR it! goofy And since Clark clearly did actually take Mary Sue's advice, just what has happened to their relationship?

Ooh! Just had a thought! Does this mean that Yvonne has to write her first-ever TOGOM adaptation, after swearing for so long that she never would? goofy

You better be writing, my friend! 8=8<8=8<8=8<8=8<

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whew!!!!!!!!! eek You didn't get rid of BaTP/THoL. I can only sympathise with Wendy and El for the loss of their favourite episodes, but hey, as long as Lex was around and did his nasty job, it's all good. evil

Now I can safely tuck this story away in my Best Comedy 2005 folder. notworthy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't think Yvonne realises what she's let herself in for... help laugh

Now, who could that be...? dizzy

Get writing, Yvonne! You have two-and-a-half seasons of episodes to re-write! And any resemblance of any episode to the Argh is grounds for wildguy wildguy wildguy !

Be grateful that we let you off doing S5 and S6 as well...

Phil, who enjoyed this story, but who would really like a sequel or two(-and-a-half-seasons' worth!)

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As someone who has had a more than a few of his fics wiped out by this delightful little fic also, I guess I have to be big about it and admit that I enjoyed it anyway.

All this talk of sequels? Actually, what Yvonne has done is create a nice little universe which can be visited from time to time so the gentle readers can get a peek at what happens to our favorite duo as their lives continue from this new divergent timeline.

Of course, just because all the episodes from TOGoM on have been wiped out, it doesn't mean that the reasons for it are necessarily of the 'happy ever after variety'. Lois still might have taken exception to Clark's deceptions and decided that she has to time for such a lying scumbucket. So, actually, the way might just be opened for Mary Sue and those ravishing thoughts.

Tank (who still volunteers to guest star in any sequel and graciously allow himself to be ravished by Lois)

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Phew! My laughing hands have calmed down and now I can give feedback.

The premise and the execution were fabulous. I loved Mary Sue and all her reactions to Clark Kent (popular twentieth century icon). Her thoughts intermingled with the actual quotations kept me wondering as I was reading.

Wendy wrote:
Ooh! Just had a thought! Does this mean that Yvonne has to write her first-ever TOGOM adaptation, after swearing for so long that she never would?
I just thought that this was a TOGOM rewrite---one of the best ever. smile

Thanks for an enjoyable read and I vote for Mary Sue meeting Lois. I think that they would hit it off--well....

gerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard