Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98450 12/22/13 06:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry it took me forever to respond to your challenge, Virginia. I started this one just after my girls were born and only just finished it tonight.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This plot bunny was spawned by a challenge issued by VirginiaR on the Lois and Clark fanfiction message boards. The rules were that Lois and Clark had to be locked in someplace overnight, Clark could not reveal his secret identity, and that either one of them had to reveal a secret (other than that they love each other). WAFFyness without sex was also part of the requirements.
hyper

He couldn't tell her that she could rest easy, that she'd be bunking with Superman until Bad Brain was caught.
He *could* tell her, but aren't those safe houses bugged for security purposes? Also, 'bunking with SM' might not be an image he would want to re-insert back into her psyche.

"Not nearly as good as the Chinese takeout in Metropolis," she said, making the statement sound more like a jury verdict.
Is that because Clark gets the Metropolis take-out via... China?

"Just...it's so like you. To defend something just because you hate being negative."
Well put! clap

He could have teased her and said that no one could have seen anything at the rate she'd channel surfed, but he held his tongue.
I bet one person could've, and he's sitting right next to her.

Also, I was sure he was going to go with the obvious he wanted to 'watch her' line. laugh Basketball! I, so, didn't see that coming.

"They locked us up in here, with no idea of how long, and they didn't even leave us a pack of cards!"
What! No board games?

A few moments later, Clark heard the shower turn on. For a while, he merely stood there, wishing he and Lois were actually a couple. If they were, the pull-out couch would be set up for two, instead of one.
"A While", Clark? Don't you mean, HER ENTIRE SHOWER? laugh What? No bed? Why do people live in NYC again?

So, using a small burst of super speed, he pulled the bed out. Finding sheets and pillows in a narrow closet in the corner of the room, he quickly got the bed ready for Lois.
Um... what if the safe house has surveillance cameras?

Lois smiled and patted the empty space next to her on the bed.
They're going to share? rotflol He *so* did!

Lois snorted lightheartedly. "I guess it's my turn again. The truth is...I said 'no.'"

"No?" Clark asked, confused. What on Earth was Lois talking about now?

Lois nodded. "To Lex. At the wedding. Almost wedding. The Archbishop asked if I would take Lex as my husband. And I said no."
That's a big confession.

Lois' eyes sank to the blankets on the pull-out couch. "I couldn't stop thinking about what you'd said."

For a fraction of a heartbeat, Clark hoped she'd say that his confession of love was what she'd meant. For a fraction of a heartbeat, he was terrified that hope would manifest itself into his features. He couldn't reveal his secret desire to be with her. Not now. Or...could he? If Lois confessed to feeling the same way about him, he could admit to his own secret - that he lied when he taken back that profession of love. Couldn't he?
And 'yes' she does mean your 'I love you' confession, lunkhead.

"I was with Superman," he confessed, purposefully staying as vague as he could.
Um.... Clark? Aren't you always *with* Superman?

A pained gasp escaped Lois' lips. "How bad was it?" she asked, her voice even lower than it had been a moment before.

"Bad." He hated to elaborate, knowing the truth would only cause Lois more pain.
I doubt it was only for Lois that he didn't want to talk about that.

"Bad," he said again, his voice sinking to match Lois' volume. "Maybe..." he swallowed around the confession. "Maybe only minutes from death."
Ooooh. That's bad.

"I do. Which is why I trust you with this. The truth is...I don't think I ever loved Lex. I was flattered by his attention. Lured in by his power and wealth. But...deep down...I think I always knew. He wasn't 'the one,' you know? But I thought I'd never be able to do any better. I thought that maybe I could learn to love him, at least enough to be happy." She sighed. "Like I said. I was an idiot."
CLARK: Yep.
LOIS: /slugs him with pillow/

"Really," Clark said sincerely. "That's why I don't think the idea is stupid. I mean, I was with Lana for eight months before we broke up. She got mad that I wouldn't tell her that I loved her. But I ouldn't. Because I didn't. I couldn't give her false hope that there were more to our relationship than there was. Well, that, and I was getting tired of her attempts to bully me around. I started to realize that our relationship wasn't really a relationship at all. And when I finally stood up for myself... " Again, he shrugged. "That was the end of that. She broke up with me."
Sounds like Lana. Also, did he just tell Lois how exactly a patient man he is? Let's hope she didn't catch that.

"Well," she said, after getting herself more comfortable, "look at us. Both in our mid-twenties. Never having experienced love." She gestured vaguely.
I thought Lois had considered herself 'in love' with both Claude and Superman. Oh, wait, you can't 'experience' love without it being returned. Got it!

"You're staying put, right here," Lois said, poking her finger down on the thin mattress, hard.

"I don't know, Lois," Clark stammered, his heart pounding. He wanted so badly to share a bed with Lois, even on friendly terms. But he was all too aware of how Lois viewed him - as a friend only. And what if he were to float in his sleep, as he sometimes did?
Like he couldn't float sleep just as easily in a recliner /points to JSN/.

"Is this okay?" he asked.

Lois laid shifted herself and put her head on Clark's chest. She put one hand there as well, getting comfortable. "It's perfect.
I'm betting Clark's in total agreement.

"You're welcome. The truth is, Lois, you're my best friend. You're closer to me than anyone else in the world. And I treasure that, above all else. So I'm more than happy to be there, whenever and whatever the circumstances. And I always will be, no matter what."
How about when she's being stalked by a Hawaiian shirt wearing DEA agent? How about if she gets hurt when he's nearby? How about coming invasion of New Kryptonians? How about if he gets shrunk really small?...

"Good news," the woman announced as she entered the apartment. "I just got a phone call from Inspector Henderson. The plan worked. Bad Brain is in custody. They got him about an hour ago and they were just finishing booking him when Henderson called. You are free to go home whenever you like. Shall I call a car for you?" She looked pointedly at Lois.
Really, Henderson? You couldn't have waited until morning to let them know this? Come on! Is your middle name James?

"In the morning," she said. "It's late now. Clark and I were just about to get some sleep. But thanks for letting us know about Bad Brain." When Marissa hesitated, Lois added, "Well, don't just stand there. Go. Goodnight."
Lois... did you... just say you wanted to sleep with Clark? jawdrop

Lois nodded, still grinning. "I know. I just didn't like the way she looked at you, that's all.

"What? How did she look at me?" he wanted to know.

But Lois simply gave him a devious look as she settled back down into the blankets.
Ooooooh. Jealousy!

And she went from THAT to dating Scardino? What's the matter with her? Or was this just before the Phoenix when Clark asked her out?

So cute! So WAFFy! I'm glad you finished it. I was in need of something light and fluffy /in a good way/ to make me smile. This really cheered me up! Thanks for turning my frown upside-down. Now, I expect that Christmas story to post sometime around... May?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic story. I loved all the WAFFyness, loved the secrets being revealed and 'almost' revealed. It was great.

Thanks

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

Yea! I mean... [Cool] That's cool.
clap

Lois... did you... just say you wanted to sleep with Clark? [Jawdrop]
Lois: I admit to nothing!

And she went from THAT to dating Scardino? What's the matter with her? Or was this just before the Phoenix when Clark asked her out?
This is supposed to be pre-Phoenix, but post Madame X.

So cute! So WAFFy! I'm glad you finished it. I was in need of something light and fluffy /in a good way/ to make me smile. This really cheered me up! Thanks for turning my frown upside-down. Now, I expect that Christmas story to post sometime around... May?
Take it up with my muse. She's not happy with practically anything she wrote on that one. But...we'll see. Anyway, glad you enjoyed this one!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Fantastic story. I loved all the WAFFyness, loved the secrets being revealed and 'almost' revealed. It was great.

Thanks
Thank you! smile The Truth Is...the "almost" reveals were the most fun! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The truth is... I really enjoyed this story.

the Spandex clad avatar of his powers
What a brilliant description.

The story's ending was perfect. Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
That earned him his very own eye-roll from Lois.
Hee hee. Loved the wording here.

We used to call the game 'The Truth Is...,' because that's how we'd start our confessions."
Clever way to answer the challenge!

"I was with Superman," he confessed, purposefully staying as vague as he could.
mad Tell her! Tell her!

Okay, I know he can't for the sake of the challenge, but....MAN is he a lunkhead for not telling her!!

EXPLANATION: I just recently watched the beginning of 'Ordinary People,'and his excuses for why he hadn't told her (especially after 'Whine Whine Whine') before proposing were just... wallbash wallbash wallbash

Very fun story. The ending was great.

Ultra Lucille
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nicely done, and very enjoyable!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
The truth is... I really enjoyed this story.

the Spandex clad avatar of his powers
What a brilliant description.

The story's ending was perfect. Brava!

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks, Lynn! I liked the description too. It fits, no?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hee hee. Loved the wording here.
laugh Thank you!

Clever way to answer the challenge!
Thanks. Sort of my spin on Truth or Dare.

Tell her! Tell her!

Okay, I know he can't for the sake of the challenge, but....MAN is he a lunkhead for not telling her!!
Clark: blush

EXPLANATION: I just recently watched the beginning of 'Ordinary People,'and his excuses for why he hadn't told her (especially after 'Whine Whine Whine') before proposing were just... [Wallbash] [Wallbash] [Wallbash]
I'm on the fence about that. I think he had his (valid) reasons for not telling her. Now, should he have told her after she said that she loved him, Clark, in Whine, Whine, Whine? Absolutely!

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by DebbieG:
Nicely done, and very enjoyable!
Thank you, Debbie. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great WAFFY story, perfect ending DC notworthy .
But it would be even more perfect wink if it had a sequel jump What do you think, DC?

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KateB:
Great WAFFY story, perfect ending DC notworthy .
But it would be even more perfect wink if it had a sequel jump What do you think, DC?
Thanks! I'm always up for whatever (and I do mean whatever) my muse throws at me. While I don't have a sequel in mind, my muse tends to be sneaky and throws things at me when I least expect it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha! This is a great story! the perfect way to answer a challenge. Lois and Clark sharing an intimate moment without being too intimate.

For the first time, Clark paused to take in his new surroundings. He had to admit, Lois was right. The apartment was done almost exclusively in white and beige tones, with little to no color to break up the space. He knew it had been done specifically to make it seem like the small Manhattan studio apartment was bigger than it actually was, but even the bright, cheery, neutral shades of paint didn't make it feel homey at all. Only a couple of pieces of abstract art held any color in them, and those were angry splashes of black in random patterns on the canvas. Clark's own mother had been into modern art for a time, but he had never understood the appeal of it. He shook his head slightly at the framed artwork and turned to the small kitchen area.
Yup, this describes hotel rooms the world over. But a tiny, cramped studio? Really? We are both from the tri-state area, is the NYPD witness protection program so tight they stick a couple of well-known reporters in such quarters? I can just imagine the story Lois would write about that when she gets back to Metropolis! smile1

The discussion about sleep-overs was a window into young Lois and Clark's lives before things got too real.

My only complaint was Lois very callous treatment of the policewoman Marissa. As Clark said she was only doing her job. Even in the end when Lois demanded bagels for breakfast in the morning it didn't come across as funny, not in the slightest. Sorry. frown

Keep writing DC! Keep battling onward!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana! wave

This is a great story! the perfect way to answer a challenge.
Thank you! smile

Yup, this describes hotel rooms the world over. But a tiny, cramped studio? Really? We are both from the tri-state area, is the NYPD witness protection program so tight they stick a couple of well-known reporters in such quarters? I can just imagine the story Lois would write about that when she gets back to Metropolis! [Smiley]
I figure - they want to stay as low-key as possible. And...cramped quarters make for more WAFFiness. wink

My only complaint was Lois very callous treatment of the policewoman Marissa. As Clark said she was only doing her job. Even in the end when Lois demanded bagels for breakfast in the morning it didn't come across as funny, not in the slightest. Sorry. [Frown]
Hmm...I didn't think it was too far off the way canon Lois hated Mayson, because of her interest in Clark. <shrugs> This is also why I don't often venture into comedy - because things are often funnier in my head than they are to the rest of the world.

Keep writing DC! Keep battling onward!!!
Hehe! Trying to!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

"Come on, Lois. It's really not that bad," Clark said in a placating tone as he opened the door.

"Not that bad?" she repeated after him. Then, for good measure, "Not that bad? Are you kidding me, Kent?"

"Look, we don't have a choice in the matter," Clark reminded her, shrugging.
There has been sex before the story and now a little bundle of havoc is on the way?

"I mean, why can't Superman just keep an eye out on us? I'm sure he would have agreed to, if we'd only asked."
LOIS: Superman, will you keep an eye on me while I shower?

"I agree," he admitted. "He would have. But I think even he would agree that you are much safer here. You and me both," he quickly amended, hoping she hadn't caught his slip-up.
So, witness protection? Hmm…according to Sue, this involves lots of steamy interaction…

"Why are you so calm about this?" Lois asked,
Because he gets to spend an undetermined time with Lois in close quarters? And a single bed.

Clark chuckled. "So...this is worse because it's a nicer place than almost all of our previous stakeout locations...for the sole reason of..."

"Boredom," she said, cutting him off and nodding.
Maybe they could play a game?

"I mean, we're in the middle of New York City for crying out loud. And we can't enjoy any of it. No Broadway shows, no stroll through Central Park, no chasing down a story in some back alley somewhere."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! thumbsup

Maybe they could play a game?
Games are fun!

At least she wouldn’t be bored any longer? And the flying dishes would liven up the place?
Sounds like a fun party to me. huh

No orange overalls?
Clark: What about conjugal visits?

The one Clark gets in the wooden boxes?
Uh-huh.

They could play Truth or Dare?
I toyed with that, actually.

[Shock] He’s taking the bed?
CLARK: After what happened at the Lexor? Duh!
laugh

You know, in Lethal Weapon, they used a penthouse suite as safe house.
Clark: Actually, I'm enjoying the close, *close* quarters...

rotflol Giant trap!

Toni. Toni. Hmm…have there been more in S1?
Rachel would have been on him like white on rice if given half a chance.

Bad Brain: Let me just get my Kryptonite scalpel.
Clark: eek

Well, they *are* in New York.
Exactly!

Awwww… that was sweet.
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping in.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say I loved this story. My favorite part is it works 100% as fitting in canon. Nothing that happens here violates later canon.

I do have to agree that after "Whine, Whine, WHine" Clark's claim in "We Have a Lot to Talk About" that he needed to know if Lois loved him or Superman just does not work. It works here, but when she clearly rejects Superman and chooses Clark in "Whine, Whine, Whine", he really has no reason to not tell her CK=SM, and his excuse just does not hold water.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have to say I loved this story. My favorite part is it works 100% as fitting in canon. Nothing that happens here violates later canon.

I do have to agree that after "Whine, Whine, WHine" Clark's claim in "We Have a Lot to Talk About" that he needed to know if Lois loved him or Superman just does not work. It works here, but when she clearly rejects Superman and chooses Clark in "Whine, Whine, Whine", he really has no reason to not tell her CK=SM, and his excuse just does not hold water.
Thanks, John. I do agree with much of what you said. My only quibble that would make me side with Clark is that he and Lois had barely dated before he asked her to marry him. So, would she *really* have said yes to him as Clark, or to him because she knew he was also Superman, if he had told her prior to his proposal. Still, I do side mostly with "Clark did it the lunkheaded way."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
quote: There has been sex before the story and now a little bundle of havoc is on the way?

Clark: Sadly, no. <glares at author>
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard